Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:38:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
wsmolive

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:50:46 PM

list NO.85,GREAT Smiley
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:37:48 PM

undergoing final stages of new ECC wallet testing. should be done tonight if i dont run into any major problems. stay tuned
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:56:18 PM

undergoing final stages of new ECC wallet testing. should be done tonight if i dont run into any major problems. stay tuned

All eyes on you!
Looking forward mate...

Regards
Goldmaxx

anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:07:41 PM

Sweet. Looking forward!
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:24:41 PM

i am currently still working on the wallet. i am having some problems with it writing the blockIndex. it is erroring out at the write stage so i am currently debugging that if anyone was wondering why it is taking so long
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:40:22 AM

Well aint that a kick in the teeth.Saw ECC newly listed on Allcoin, and remembered I still had 40 mill from back when ECC died in early 2014. Thought is was my lucky day.

Unfortunately, at one point I transferred them to Mintpal, but didnt sell as the price never got high enough, and then transfered them back to my wallet.
All the transactions are in the blockexplorer http://blockexperts.com/ecc.  But the transaction back to my wallet is now showing as unconfirmed.

A bit of reading confirms I am not the only one with this issue. I understand about blockchain forks, but why advertise the blockexplorer if its on the wrong fork?
I was on the right/main blockchain back then, cos all the trxns confirmed at the time.

So my question is - were the mintpal withdrawal addresses deliberately removed from the blockchain?
Or is there another explanation (other than the BS line that I was on the wrong blockchain) ?

the block explorer isnt on the wrong fork and you are talking about issues that were over 200,000 blocks ago. (which is half the chain today)

the mintpal addresses are still on the blockchain. and there were a lot of forks back then that have since been fixed when i took over. i took over when the other dev left. there was a community takeover after that almost immediately and i spent quite a long time making the blockchain stable again.

if you are asking about why those addresses show 0 in and 0 out thats because all of them do atm as BlockExperts sent me an email this morning saying it would be like that until the richlist finished compiling.
 and if you dont believe me on that? click on any block and any tx and click any address off of that and it will show 0.

if your wallet is fully synced now and on the right version (versions before..., 2.2 i believe wont connect to the chain anymore), you can attempt to recover data with the wallet repair and stuff but as far as missing coins go when it comes to mintpal no one can help you.

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:41:02 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 04:28:29 AM by Griffith

update on ECC Wallet: it is operational, it opens and correctly uses the scrypt algorithm, but it has a reorganization loop that i need to fix because of the dual algos. this might take into tomorrow

edit: wallet seems to be working except it wont sync because there is an error in the message system. fixing that now
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:15:25 AM

Well aint that a kick in the teeth.Saw ECC newly listed on Allcoin, and remembered I still had 40 mill from back when ECC died in early 2014. Thought is was my lucky day.

Unfortunately, at one point I transferred them to Mintpal, but didnt sell as the price never got high enough, and then transfered them back to my wallet.
All the transactions are in the blockexplorer http://blockexperts.com/ecc.  But the transaction back to my wallet is now showing as unconfirmed.

A bit of reading confirms I am not the only one with this issue. I understand about blockchain forks, but why advertise the blockexplorer if its on the wrong fork?
I was on the right/main blockchain back then, cos all the trxns confirmed at the time.

So my question is - were the mintpal withdrawal addresses deliberately removed from the blockchain?
Or is there another explanation (other than the BS line that I was on the wrong blockchain) ?

the block explorer isnt on the wrong fork and you are talking about issues that were over 200,000 blocks ago. (which is half the chain today)

the mintpal addresses are still on the blockchain. and there were a lot of forks back then that have since been fixed when i took over. i took over when the other dev left. there was a community takeover after that almost immediately and i spent quite a long time making the blockchain stable again.

if you are asking about why those addresses show 0 in and 0 out thats because all of them do atm as BlockExperts sent me an email this morning saying it would be like that until the richlist finished compiling.
 and if you dont believe me on that? click on any block and any tx and click any address off of that and it will show 0.

if your wallet is fully synced now and on the right version (versions before..., 2.2 i believe wont connect to the chain anymore), you can attempt to recover data with the wallet repair and stuff but as far as missing coins go when it comes to mintpal no one can help you.

When we took over this coin it had a lot of forks in the chain. Griffith fixed them and we decided then that the "Mintpal" chain was the one to build on then, because all the volume was on that chain.

That being said it's clear that your coins must be on the right chain and that your coins must be available to you IF mintpal sent them on the blockchain. We all know what happend with mintpal and we are NOT responsible for any coins that where lost when mintpal stole them.

Since you lost faith in ECC (it never died) you will probarley have an old wallet, that is fine... I will try to help you recover your coins.

1. Dump your "private keys" from your wallet addresses and store the combinations (address and private key) somewhere save.
2. Get a new wallet or wait untill we launch the new one (expected any moment now)
3. Sync that new wallet.
4. Import your addresses into that wallet using the private keys.
5. Do a repair wallet.

This should bring your coins back to your wallet....IF mintpal send them to you.

If you don't know how to do these steps then send me a PM and I will guide you thru these steps.

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:29:44 PM

he sent me a private message and was able to recover his coins. we are on the main chain.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:47:39 PM

he sent me a private message and was able to recover his coins. we are on the main chain.

Thats good !

I forgot about all the forking problems : wondered why my balance looked strange. Have now refreshed wallet/blockchain, run Repairwallet and all seems fine.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:09:20 PM

update of the new ecc wallet:

it will not be released this weekend. all rerlease dates as stated on the Griffith Code Section of the www.trustedcryptos.com will be delayed ONE WEEK.

Reason:

New wallet code base has some very inherent BAD problems and minor setbacks,

1. You WILL HAVE to resync. it will not read the old block index files and a resync is mandatory. because of this i will let some nodes do it first then paste the block index files so that everyone else doesnt have to wait for it.

2. there is a very bad problem with checking for proof of work blocks ||| aka, it doesnt work. it errors out and the only way i am getting it to sync right now for PoS testing is i am ignoring several PoW checkpoints.
for obvious reasons i want to address and fix that problem before i release the new wallet.

3. incomplete testing on whether or not the new code actually fixes what i thought it would fix. so i need to sync a wallet first and test the opening times before anything else. if the opening time isnt improved there is something else wrong and the new wallet wont do anything different anyway,

4. need to test that it can read the wallet.dat files. if it cant. then we have an obvious problem.

5. code base is a mess. a lot of hack fixes atm and i feel like the code is being held together by duct-tape. id prefer not to release it like that.

TL;DR    code base messy, 2 Major bugs, new wallet will be delayed 1 week

considering ive done nothing for the past 72 hours besides work on this and sleep. i dont think a week is too long to ask (i do have school assignments during the week otherwise id say 3 days)
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:33:18 PM

it will not be released this weekend. all rerlease dates as stated on the Griffith Code Section of the www.trustedcryptos.com will be delayed ONE WEEK.

Reason:

New wallet code base has some very inherent BAD problems and minor setbacks,

1. You WILL HAVE to resync. it will not read the old block index files and a resync is mandatory. because of this i will let some nodes do it first then paste the block index files so that everyone else doesnt have to wait for it.

2. there is a very bad problem with checking for proof of work blocks ||| aka, it doesnt work. it errors out and the only way i am getting it to sync right now for PoS testing is i am ignoring several PoW checkpoints.
for obvious reasons i want to address and fix that problem before i release the new wallet.

3. incomplete testing on whether or not the new code actually fixes what i thought it would fix. so i need to sync a wallet first and test the opening times before anything else. if the opening time isnt improved there is something else wrong and the new wallet wont do anything different anyway,

4. need to test that it can read the wallet.dat files. if it cant. then we have an obvious problem.

5. code base is a mess. a lot of hack fixes atm and i feel like the code is being held together by duct-tape. id prefer not to release it like that.

TL;DR    code base messy, 2 Major bugs, new wallet will be delayed 1 week

considering ive done nothing for the past 72 hours besides work on this and sleep. i dont think a week is too long to ask (i do have school assignments during the week otherwise id say 3 days)

Griffith

Thanks for the update, we really appreciate everything you have done so far.
School is important as well (I don't wanna sound like an old guy, but it just is...)

Beside that, I'd rather have a decent wallet next weekend, than a quick, messy fix right now, peopel will understand that...

Regards

Goldmaxx

Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 07:10:04 PM

Griffith

Thanks for the update, we really appreciate everything you have done so far.
School is important as well (I don't wanna sound like an old guy, but it just is...)

Beside that, I'd rather have a decent wallet next weekend, than a quick, messy fix right now, peopel will understand that...

Regards

Goldmaxx

Agree on that 100% !
anotherlateminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:16:39 PM

i contacted blockexplorers to fix the rich list last night before i went to bed.
Have you got the answer? Unfortunately, it doesn't work.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:08:56 PM

i contacted blockexplorers to fix the rich list last night before i went to bed.

i think i posted eariler.... but they said it was still compiling the richlist
anotherlateminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:20:12 PM

Ah, okay.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 11:30:26 PM

Ah, okay.

Must be still compiling a lot of transactions :  the latest one on my main address, according to the explorer, is 1 year ago !!
Fatov

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:45:10 PM

New wallet is necessary, the old wallet are always checkin, dont staking Sad

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:48:08 AM

New wallet is necessary, the old wallet are always checkin, dont staking Sad

the old wallet works perfectly fine. im just making a new one to prepare for a transition into a new phase of crypto coins. an believe me. after working with this new wallet. i know how coins work forwards, backwards and every which way
rainly

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 10:20:45 AM

This is a good news, is big gospel for ECC supporters Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: