Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:36:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
lovewiki

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

Share Love

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 01:50:58 PM

Everybody is looking for a use of the coins in the real world, for me this use is under our noses and nobody seems to see it, or is not capable to create it. What I would like to see is that ECC will have it's own Exchange and that the holders of ECC coins will be the shareholders from that exchange, receiving dividend every 3 months from the fees generated by the trades. The % paid to each shareholder will depend on the coins they have in there wallet.

BUT....this is MY vision, we need to agree on this to make it happen.

Michael

I M INNNNN! =)

I do agree and like your vision. ECC definitely should have its own exchange and ECC holders will then become shareholders from that exchange... Very nice idea and wish it will become a reality soon.  Wink

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:01:25 PM

Please upload full blockchain. There are several sync problems.
BarTeam

Activity: 313

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 05:07:40 PM

Again... no need for uploading.. Just delete all but wallet.dat. (this includes peers.dat).. and it will work. Don't use .conf file.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:01:06 PM

Again... no need for uploading.. Just delete all but wallet.dat. (this includes peers.dat).. and it will work. Don't use .conf file.

correction: the conf file is fine. i actually have it so it auto generates a correct file for you. there arent very many sync problems. there are a few listed on the OP but it takes like 2 minutes to get past these. and once you are you are fine.
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 08:38:07 PM

correction: the conf file is fine. i actually have it so it auto generates a correct file for you. there arent very many sync problems. there are a few listed on the OP but it takes like 2 minutes to get past these. and once you are you are fine.

I agree it's fine.  Cool What I meant was that you don't need it for the wallet to start well and sync. But you will need it for the specific options you want to give to the wallet of course.
anotherlateminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:43:15 PM

I had already done this, of course. I've been waiting for more than 24 hours for the wallet to sync, it have passed ~70% and now "0 active connections" is shown. Restarting the wallet doesn't help.
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 08:54:02 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 08:49:14 PM by BarTeam

I had already done this, of course. I've been waiting for more than 24 hours for the wallet to sync, it have passed ~70% and now "0 active connections" is shown. Restarting the wallet doesn't help.

I have just restarted my re-sync. I will let you know the results in a few hours. But 0 connections is a problem... (can you send me lines from debug.log stating the chain hash?)

EDIT:
Benchmark - Full Synchronization
Startup time: 10/18/14 20:52:10 UTC - Synchronization @ 93% - 3 active clients -> then I ended up like you...

Code:
getcheckpoint
12:40:15
{
"synccheckpoint" : "ba96de8da95ac53cedc7fd0cd3c17b32f5d3a04f33a544060606c095b28bf4c1",
"height" : 242150,
"timestamp" : "2014-10-01 21:52:52 UTC"
}

Resolution being baked... For me it did not work to substitute the peers.dat because I think I ended up somewhere in another chain... There are still some guys running old wallets!!!!  ARHRHRH!

EDIT #2: After 3 retries... it got synchronized (after the last checkpoint it takes more time to sync). The reason for the failures might be the nodes that did not update yet. I recommend to hold a good backup of all the chain. Just in case you have to resync the all thing again, you just need to restore that backup and restart the wallet.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:02:04 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 09:20:13 PM by mdtspain

I have just restarted my re-sync. I will let you know the results in a few hours. But 0 connections is a problem... (can you send me lines from debug.log stating the chain hash?)

EDIT: 8% - 2 active clients

Hi, maybe i can help, I have uploaded my peers.dat in a zip file. You can Download it here  
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=71566802387590630202

Can you also confirm that you are using wallet 2.1.0.0

Thanks

*****Note for Griffith******
I think you didn't restart the ECC BE after the security updates
anotherlateminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:21:51 PM

BarTeam, mdtspain, thanks, guys, looks like this peers.dat file has helped: the wallet began to sync. The progress is going very slowly, but now it is at least connected to the network.
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 11:50:58 PM

BarTeam, mdtspain, thanks, guys, looks like this peers.dat file has helped: the wallet began to sync. The progress is going very slowly, but now it is at least connected to the network.

Good. =)

I am doing benchmark for a full update time lapse. This might be something where improvement can take place against other coins. Old blockchains are becoming main examples of sustainability and need adaptation over all issues into the future.

Maybe now it will make sense for "higher parallelism of the downloads from block chain information from peers". Let me rephrase...

- Big block chains need protection against recovery - that is usually made over security but some part over the "get all block chain information" will also play some role (so it matters to download block chain information faster in order to protect that information).
- Higher parallelism from clients will mean better communication from ALL network - assuming internet will continue to evolve it will be required in the future to overcome single threaded p2p communication.
- Faster recovery of one client into a very big network will mean better return of those users to the network - as this will mean... if they keep their keys safe... any device can loose the wallet and still reconstruct the wallet again in a much shorter time.

Many other advantages... but how can this be done!? =) I have some ideas.. but I will sort them out with devs.

I will need some time to look into the code and seek for where this can actually be done. But the idea is over ... just a little teaser...

- POS @ rate of 1 block per second!
- Dynamic confirmation rates for POS algos (POS is tricky to confirm in the real term... to improve security of confirmations is still a must.. cause it will ensure better security against forks, miss usage, bad intentions of altering the source code to damage the network, etc).

Feel free to comment.
anotherlateminer
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:22:13 PM

I've uploaded the blockchain, maybe it can help somebody: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhwadurb77avqoi/eccoin.rar
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 08:51:12 PM

I've uploaded the blockchain, maybe it can help somebody: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dhwadurb77avqoi/eccoin.rar

Nice, and yes very helpful.
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 10:14:17 PM

it certainly does sound good and innovative , i think a difficulty would lie in getting the four exchanges to accept ecc -
perhaps easier if wallet only traded in the exchanges it was already registered on - adding more as acceptance grew -
 but that may also hold it back perhaps permanently by only being on swisscex and allcoin only -  -
do you think that if the wallet with multiple exchanges was already present and available that it would act as a substantial leverage to push those other 4 exchanges to add ecc ?
totalling six for ecc - its a gamble perhaps - but maybe a very good coin to try it on - i would hope it was successful -
i can see ecc starting to mopve a little on the exchange now and i feel it deserves to get wider usage and acceptance -
i'd like to hear how griffith feels about doing this multi exchange wallet thing to the coin, seeing as he has wrestled it back from crypto zombie world to become a living breathing coin again - is it a risk you feel is worthwhile Griffith ?

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:21:32 PM

it certainly does sound good and innovative , i think a difficulty would lie in getting the four exchanges to accept ecc -
perhaps easier if wallet only traded in the exchanges it was already registered on - adding more as acceptance grew -
 but that may also hold it back perhaps permanently by only being on swisscex and allcoin only -  -
do you think that if the wallet with multiple exchanges was already present and available that it would act as a substantial leverage to push those other 4 exchanges to add ecc ?
totalling six for ecc - its a gamble perhaps - but maybe a very good coin to try it on - i would hope it was successful -
i can see ecc starting to mopve a little on the exchange now and i feel it deserves to get wider usage and acceptance -
i'd like to hear how griffith feels about doing this multi exchange wallet thing to the coin, seeing as he has wrestled it back from crypto zombie world to become a living breathing coin again - is it a risk you feel is worthwhile Griffith ?

im the one making it
xzh16888

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:03:32 AM

The coins  transfer time is too long, suggestions on the design of ECC wallet reward online node

Bitnet. VjU9wvNgNe3PwfEgr6k5a7quWppzFvCrJj
taaku

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:24:56 AM

- 45 sec block target
- difficulty re-target each block
- 4 confirmations for a transaction

so for a amount to confirm

45*4=180 sec/60=3 min
so can i say it takes 3 min to send a amount???

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:51:18 AM

The coins  transfer time is too long, suggestions on the design of ECC wallet reward online node

Transfer of ECC is nearly instant. I don't realy understand what you are trying to say
Ahab_the_great

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:33:46 PM

my debug.log keeps saying error when trying to connect i have been stuck for over a day now do i have reload the entire block chain again?
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:50:11 PM

my debug.log keeps saying error when trying to connect i have been stuck for over a day now do i have reload the entire block chain again?

I have just send you an PM with help instructions
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 06:31:53 PM

im the one making it
lol . great work.
well carry on then mate . i'm in Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: