Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:17:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:17:26 PM

here we go, lets generate some blocks :-)

Fully synced..block# 242524...oeps 242527 last received block 4 seconds ago

Bansheroom

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:19:29 PM

here we go, lets generate some blocks :-)

Fully synced..block# 242524...oeps 242527 last received block 4 seconds ago

I said it and my wallet done it :-)

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:21:28 PM

Is the update the reason that the last block is from 8 hours ago? Can I unlock the wallet after updating to v 2.0?

that is the exact reason. with the network changing protocols, the block chain has slowed down until everyone moves over. ( or until most move over). if you keep your wallet locked as compared to unlocked is your personal preference.

You made it very good then. I don't want to make wrong forks...

What do you think of my suggestions for the future, posted a few days ago?

Here another one.

The startscreen is pretty nice if not beautiful. Could it be integrated in the Overview page of the wallet? Maybe by making the wallet size a little bit wider or/and less high. I don't know how much room you have there.

I can do that yes...I will have a look for the next wallet to make some graphical changes  Wink
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:14:06 PM

Is the update the reason that the last block is from 8 hours ago? Can I unlock the wallet after updating to v 2.0?

that is the exact reason. with the network changing protocols, the block chain has slowed down until everyone moves over. ( or until most move over). if you keep your wallet locked as compared to unlocked is your personal preference.

You made it very good then. I don't want to make wrong forks...

What do you think of my suggestions for the future, posted a few days ago?

Here another one.

The startscreen is pretty nice if not beautiful. Could it be integrated in the Overview page of the wallet? Maybe by making the wallet size a little bit wider or/and less high. I don't know how much room you have there.

I can do that yes...I will have a look for the next wallet to make some graphical changes  Wink

it shouldnt be too hard to implement the showing of stake weight and time in the wallet. Me and MDT are working with another coin as well that has this implemented so we both know how to do this and it will be added in the future as an optional update.

yes, i guess i can use the message alert system to warn users of a wallet update. i will look into the protocol that this feature uses.

i plan on adding a feature in the future wallets that allows you to check a box in settings an orphaned blocks will not be shown in the transactions. and we will change the default sort to a chronological order where most recent is on top.
BarTeam

Activity: 313

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:56:58 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 08:07:55 PM by BarTeam

There are indeed two kinds of the unconfirmed: rejected stake blocks and transactions with zero confirmations which could be confirmed later on. (Are both kinds called orphaned blocks?) It would be nice if the unconfirmed transactions could be shown on top or just among the confirmed ones still in the right order of date. Rejected stakes are rejected forever, aren't they?

"orphanated blocks" - PoS blocks with 0 confirmations after the next generated block (or more). But bottom line is that they do not get confirmations.
"transactions" - They go inside the next "to be produced block" and if they do not confirm it can be either your client not communicating to the internet (or your broadcast did not exit your PC) or being on a different chain (just forked).

Stakes that do not get confirmed will retry later. You don't loose stake if the stake does not confirm. It only means it was not confirmed that time... the wallet will retry a new PoS block later (with little more stake included) and if then it confirms, you will get the full stake.

Usually when you have lots of chain to synchronize the wallet (or some wallets) will try to send PoS blocks to confirm... and because you are not synchronized, the PoS block will not confirm possibly before your wallet finishes the sync. Therefore you usually see lots of PoS "orphaned". The wallet will retry later and those will most surely confirm.

Regards
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 10:38:48 AM

On request i am working on the lay-out of the wallet.
As we don't have the layered original files (hint, hint), I need to try to recreate the image.

On this moment it looks like this, if the designer of the Logo want to help me with the original files...PM me Wink

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:56:29 PM

On the POS discussion front,

Tekcoin Just dropped to ~ 4 cents, it was over 50 cents about 3 months ago.
As the supply increases so quickly, people increase the amount they dump on the market , which lowers the price. Their number of coins will be double in 2 months and they will be lucky if they are still over a penny.
Their coin supply will outpace their demand.

If the Dev does decide to change the POS on Eccoin , my vote would be to shorten the max time frame from 84 days to 7 or 10 days even if you keep the interest rate the same just faster payouts. It would make people open their wallets more since they know a stake would be coming in sooner. Another thing for the Dev to consider would be making the interest rate variable, the more wallets open the higher the rate and an indicator somewhere on the main screen telling you the current rate.

Of Course if the Dev leaves the POS the way it is, I am ok with that too.
 Cool
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:17:48 PM

As the supply increases so quickly, people increase the amount they dump on the market , which lowers the price. Their number of coins will be double in 2 months and they will be lucky if they are still over a penny.

If the Dev does decide to change the POS on Eccoin , my vote would be to shorten the max time frame from 84 days to 7 or 10 days even if you keep the interest rate the same just faster payouts. It would make people open their wallets more since they know a stake would be coming in sooner. Another thing for the Dev to consider would be making the interest rate variable, the more wallets open the higher the rate and an indicator somewhere on the main screen telling you the current rate.

Cool

Those are good suggestions. Anything that encourages wallets to be open more often can strengthen the network.

The really high % PoS coins are in a rising trend over recent months (like HBN, HYP & CAPS ) .People dump their coins if they think the price will fall, or not rise. The % stake makes little difference to that. If it becomes perceived that high stake creates more demand that will reduce sellers (in expectation of future rises), thus creating a positive feedback to price.

Demand dictates price so much more than does supply.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:24:45 PM

Cool

i dont think the interest rate based on the number of people online is possible, this is mostly because not every wallet is directly connected to every other wallet. the connections are more like six degrees of connection (same concept of six degrees of kevin bacon except with wallet connections). so knowing the full number of wallets open at a given time is not always possible. this means that between wallets depending on the number of peers the calcuation for payout would be different and some wallets would reject the blocks that others would accept due to incorrect calculations.

to answer the other question, in the past i tried to change the max stake time in a way that i thought would work. it didnt and actually caused some sync issues for a brief amount of time. i know how i would be done now (since i have learned more about the wallet) but i do not wish to revisit that area. turns out that since the kernel will reset to all blocks being of equal value for stake calculations at block 260,000 this wont be nessisary to change the 84 days because the people with wallets open will stake if a block needs to be formed due to all coins being reset to equal value for stake calculations.

as far as the Raise PoS for more interest for holders compared to dont raise PoS it will cause harder dumps debate. i believe both are true and it is impossible to tell which would take place for this coin as either of those outcomes are both backed by very logical arguments and sound reasoning. As it stands right now. i had put in a rate adjustment for a variable rate calculation (decaying PoS rate over time) since 1.8. it still holds in 2.0 and will come into affect in about 7k blocks at block 250,000. on block 250,000 it will change from the 25% rate to the new formula i had put in. we will see how this works out for now.

Any suggestions for the coin, desired resources, or ideas on how we could get the coins economy moving (meaning ideas for ways to get people to have a place to spend ECC) would be greatly appreciated. you can either post those ideas in this thread, or if you want it to be private / is more urgent then PM them to me on this website as i will get an alert when you do.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 10:55:02 PM

My wallet is synched up to date, but has not staked for 5 days, despite being open for many hours at a time.

I have large blocks of coin.
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:03:31 PM

My wallet is synched up to date, but has not staked for 5 days, despite being open for many hours at a time.

mine too

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:51:43 PM

mine too

just leave it open and it will happen. assuming u upgraded to 2.0. it says a max of 84 days. so it will stake before then.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:58:39 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 12:19:03 AM by Majormax

mine too

just leave it open and it will happen. assuming u upgraded to 2.0. it says a max of 84 days. so it will stake before then.

The block weightings (numbers of coins) are heavy though, and they were staking very rapidly before, so something has changed which detracts from the weightings. Is the min coin age 2 hours : or more ?

Presumably blocks are still weighted according to size, just not age (excepting 2 hours min)

well yes. of course they are. i was just saying that the age thing is adjusted. size is always the other major factor
[/quote

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:18:07 AM

mine too

The block weightings (numbers of coins) are heavy though, and they were staking very rapidly before, so something has changed which detracts from the weightings. Is the min coin age 2 hours : or more ?

Presumably blocks are still weighted according to size, just not age (excepting 2 hours min)

well yes. of course they are. i was just saying that the age thing is adjusted. size is always the other major factor
[/quote

"size is a factor" i was refering to when blocks are made. and the age adjusted thing doesnt happen until block 260,000
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 12:24:37 AM

[/quote

"size is a factor" i was refering to when blocks are made. and the age adjusted thing doesnt happen until block 260,000
[/quote]

This doesn't make sense to me: I would expect my coins (once mature) to stake within minutes, as they did before....maybe you can clarify: however,  I have an idea about another variable ... You may need to check this out:

I believe the original dev. included a feature that reset the coin age to nil when there was any sending from the wallet.... I have recently sent some ECC to a paperwallet address, and wondered whether that has the effect of restarting an age count of 42 days (the original min coin age) before maturity of the remaining coins in the wallet .
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:29:46 AM

[/quote

This doesn't make sense to me: I would expect my coins (once mature) to stake within minutes, as they did before....maybe you can clarify: however,  I have an idea about another variable ... You may need to check this out:

I believe the original dev. included a feature that reset the coin age to nil when there was any sending from the wallet.... I have recently sent some ECC to a paperwallet address, and wondered whether that has the effect of restarting an age count of 42 days (the original min coin age) before maturity of the remaining coins in the wallet .
[/quote]

alright so basically. when you send coins in a transaction, there coin age gets set to 0. this is true for all pos coins. this resets the stake counter they have because they got sent on the block chain. its how PoS works. so the coins got reset to 2 hours when you sent them.

the variable for the original 42 days is 100% gone. there is no way possible that anything will revert to a 42 age day minimum stake because there is no longer a place for the code to derive that value. the reason your coins are probably staking slower is because i increased the amount blocks other nodes need to produce before your coins are able to stake again. the previous setting was too low and if you had enough coins you would stake too quickly and actually fork yourself off of the block chain.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:51:25 AM

i will lower the starting size to like 800x600 or something. i am on a 4k monitor so to me what looks small is probably very big for you
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:57:12 AM

v.2 is not syncing, does it require reindex?

Edit: I started rebuilding the blockchain, only 1 active connection.
kostya.ash

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 06:00:17 AM

some sketch of overview page layout
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 08:47:26 AM

the variable for the original 42 days is 100% gone. there is no way possible that anything will revert to a 42 age day minimum stake because there is no longer a place for the code to derive that value. the reason your coins are probably staking slower is because i increased the amount blocks other nodes need to produce before your coins are able to stake again. the previous setting was too low and if you had enough coins you would stake too quickly and actually fork yourself off of the block chain.

OK, thanks for the reply. I will keep trying.

Of course I realise that every sent transaction will revert to 0 coin age. I believe there was something curious about the sendings in COMM and ECC which caused an entire address to be unable to stake if any coin had been sent from that address within a stipulated period (usually min coin age) before.

I will try to find that reference in one of the threads.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: