Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:36:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
taaku

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:58:07 PM

yes ..that would be awesome..XPY is also a POS coin now...why not take reference feature from paycoin
one of the feature is to lock few of the coins and who does that gets bigger pos rate...rest get the normal pos rate..

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 09:30:50 PM

there is absolutely too much ECC,
it need to be clear the starting price for the new coin
if not else more than the 0,01 sat right now

Reducing supply will not boost price. This mistake has been made by many coins.

Agreed. if you want to do a swap, keep it 1:1

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:44:46 AM

i will try to attempt the block with a new sync strategy before we go and stat a new chain with a new coin (which is so much more of a hassle)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:54:41 AM

Hi guys

About the specs of the new coin.
If we take a closer look at the current top 5 24h volume coins...

1    Bitcoin Bitcoin    BTC    $ 4,265,208,020    $ 312.29    13,657,800    $ 14,871,200    -0.21 %    -2.36 %    -3.66 %
3    Litecoin Litecoin    LTC    $ 94,163,315    $ 2.68    35,110,804    $ 2,030,080    -0.25 %    -1.95 %    -6.82 %
2    Ripple Ripple    XRP    $ 731,826,049    $ 0.023624    30,978,075,200 *    $ 1,162,480    -0.22 %    -4.17 %    -5.18 %
17    NuBits NuBits    NBT    $ 2,238,280    $ 0.996725    2,245,634 *    $ 1,117,190    -0.44 %    -2.80 %    0.18 %
505    PayCoin PayCoin    XPY    ?    $ 11.65    ? **    $ 462,098    -1.81 %    19.29 %    33.26 %

Why are they in the top 5.

N°1 and 2 are obvious, they where just the first cryptocoins out there (with LTC being the first altcoin).
So, being the first is always the biggest advantage you can have.

N° 3,4 and 5 have something totaly different in common...they have a rather stable price.
I think this is an important feature for our new coin...

Being a store owner, I would rather accept a coin that keeps it's value than a coin that rides a roller coaster.
So, would it be possible to create a fixed value for our new coin?
Something to think about IMO...

Regards

Goldmaxx

The top 5 are getting massive funding to stay at the top and they still vary in price, from whom your guess is as good as mine.
The only way to have a coin stay at a fixed value, is if you are able to tie it's value to another object's value. Basically 1 eccoin is always exchangeable for instance for (1 gram of silver) , this would give it a fixed value. Or setting up a website that will buy 1000 eccoins for 1 penny, defines it value at 1/1000s of a penny, problem is you need enough of whatever the other object is to meet ~75 % of the total value to pull something like that off. But that is how you could do it.
In the Far Past , US dollars were directly exchangeable for gold or silver of equal value,
but the Govs ended that, and Hello Inflation / Deflation / Stagflation.

Cool
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:03:50 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 06:14:00 AM by kiklo

there is absolutely too much ECC,
it need to be clear the starting price for the new coin
if not else more than the 0,01 sat right now
Reducing supply will not boost price. This mistake has been made by many coins.
Agreed. if you want to do a swap, keep it 1:1

The process behind any reverse split , is that you combine the remaining value by decreasing the total supply.
Your Amount that you own stays the same, you just have less coins.
Now if the price continues to drop, a reverse split gives you more time to recover before it's price hits 0.
~500 times as long if there is a 500x1 reverse split.
But if marketing or something else does not increase desire to own eccoins, split or no split won't matter, but a reverse split will give the ecc community more time to find what they need to do to increase desire for the eccoin.

Cool

IMO:
500x1 does not go far enough, a 5000x1 or 50000x1, would be more suitable.
Plus if you split that much , you could give a 40% monthly interest rate for 6 months, and then drop to your final rate. This would generate Buzz for your coin and give you a quick boost.
Just my opinion.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:16:28 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 07:36:45 AM by Griffith

we were originally planning to do the coin swap to the new coin and sell the rest of the premine (coins that werent converted) and use that money to peg ecc to a usd amount. but it seems the community would rather have me repair the try to do a coin swap / fundraising based on the feedback from the posts above
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:29:21 AM

we were originally planning to do the coin swap to the new coin and sell the rest of the premine (coins that werent converted) and use that money to peg ecc to a usd amount. but it seems the community would rather have me repair the try to do a coin swap / fundraising based on the feedback from the posts above

I don't understand this community...Griffith is offering us a solution on a golden plate and still there are individuals that rather stick to the old, broken blockchain.

The only way to break with the past is through the development of a new coin. As stated in one of my previous posts, it took me one day to download the blockchain, and had to restart several times... Not all new users are crypto geeks... We need a wallet that can be used by anyone, even my grandmother has to be able to use it...

I really hope we can set up a poll, so the community can make the right decision...

Regards

Goldmaxx

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 10:15:04 AM

I don't understand this community...Griffith is offering us a solution on a golden plate and still there are individuals that rather stick to the old, broken blockchain.

The only way to break with the past is through the development of a new coin. As stated in one of my previous posts, it took me one day to download the blockchain, and had to restart several times... Not all new users are crypto geeks... We need a wallet that can be used by anyone, even my grandmother has to be able to use it...

I really hope we can set up a poll, so the community can make the right decision...

Regards

Goldmaxx

Starting a new blockchain is ok. : I was only suggesting an eloquent method for programming the coin swap into the new wallet, because there will be a lot of users who cannot sync, and the swap could cause a great deal of bad feeling unless it is easily and automatically available (the time window can be limited, but any length at all, say 6 months to be fair).

I don't know what the Lottoshares code looked like, but the way it worked was very clever. Anyway, I guess it might not be understandable in a short time frame.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:31:58 AM

Is there a recent copy of the Blockchain out there somewhere I could download to help get this wallet to sync up before anything changes?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:35:40 AM

Is there a recent copy of the Blockchain out there somewhere I could download to help get this wallet to sync up before anything changes?

I have a completly synced and new wallet (MAC) that I am testing. I will make a .zip file from the complete folder without the wallet.dat and upload today.
Once that is done, I will post the link here.

Michael
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 10:27:58 AM

I have a completly synced and new wallet (MAC) that I am testing. I will make a .zip file from the complete folder without the wallet.dat and upload today.
Once that is done, I will post the link here.

Michael

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:08:53 PM

A totally synced blockchain from today can be downloaded here https://mega.co.nz/#!HpFQgJ5I!ERBzMNOw7Lp37WjtEzwbhF2FtazIyskp2fBvXSySGLo

I have also uploaded the new MAC wallet for ECC to the trustedcryptos.com website. The wallet now has a donation function that you can activate if you want. You can set a % that you would like to donate in the options main tab. That % is a percentage of the stake that your wallet will generate. As long as there is a percentage set then the wallet will automaticly send that percentage of the new stake when the stake is mature and totally confirmed.

The recent transactions is also fixed and the transactions are also showing the most recent ones. The orphaned transactions won't show any more.

MAC wallet download: http://trustedcryptos.com/Downloads/Eccoin/Mac/ECCoin-Qt.dmg or go to http://www.trustedcryptos.com

The windows wallet will be available as soon as Griffith is behind one of his computers.
PVmining

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:45:06 PM

so true!
I would prefer a jump onto new block chain too if the coinswap for old users is well balanced.
There will be no growing user base with the slow speed sync-struggle we have at the moment.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 05:24:12 PM

A totally synced blockchain from today can be downloaded here https://mega.co.nz/#!HpFQgJ5I!ERBzMNOw7Lp37WjtEzwbhF2FtazIyskp2fBvXSySGLo

I have also uploaded the new MAC wallet for ECC to the trustedcryptos.com website. The wallet now has a donation function that you can activate if you want. You can set a % that you would like to donate in the options main tab. That % is a percentage of the stake that your wallet will generate. As long as there is a percentage set then the wallet will automaticly send that percentage of the new stake when the stake is mature and totally confirmed.

The recent transactions is also fixed and the transactions are also showing the most recent ones. The orphaned transactions won't show any more.

MAC wallet download: http://trustedcryptos.com/Downloads/Eccoin/Mac/ECCoin-Qt.dmg or go to http://www.trustedcryptos.com

The windows wallet will be available as soon as Griffith is behind one of his computers.

Excellent, thank you!

DNotesVault
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:08:16 AM

Thanks!
Could you upload this file to official webpage? (blockchain)

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:15:03 AM

Regards

Goldmaxx
I wrote this some weeks ago:
Is it possible change number of coins? Swap?
Is good for us return to Btc, ltc market is a problem :/

Return to BTC market is what all of us want. There are serveral ways to do that. A swap can be a good thing, it also reduces the size of the blockchain we have on the moment, but it also creates problems for forgotten wallets. We will keep this option open.

What we are doing on the moment is creating some pretty unique futures for our coins (ECC and MWC). Griffith is working on 2 things, in wallet trading and Multicoin support. We believe that these 2 futures will generate a lot of interest in these coins, especialy the Multicoin support because it's a new thing, never seen before.

Seeing how the progress is going at the moment, I expect that we can see these futures to be roled out at the end of the year or in the first 2 weeks of January

Starting a new blockchain is ok. : I was only suggesting an eloquent method for programming the coin swap into the new wallet, because there will be a lot of users who cannot sync, and the swap could cause a great deal of bad feeling unless it is easily and automatically available (the time window can be limited, but any length at all, say 6 months to be fair).

I don't know what the Lottoshares code looked like, but the way it worked was very clever. Anyway, I guess it might not be understandable in a short time frame.
I think that we need swap, stable wallet and change total supply to return btcmarket
I use vps for staking ecc and my wallet stop sync all weeks

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 12:21:09 AM

Thanks!
Could you upload this file to official webpage? (blockchain)

That worked like a charm! Totally synced now and all the "rejected" mined coins with no confirms have been confirmed and accepted. Thanks!

DNotesVault
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 01:12:47 AM

I think that we need swap, stable wallet and change total supply to return btcmarket
I use vps for staking ecc and my wallet stop sync all weeks

That is why I suggested programming a snapshot of the blockchain into the new wallet.. Done that way, there is no need to sync for everybody.

The Lottoshares claim worked like a dream,  dead coins (sharecoin etc) being claimed with their private keys only.
cryptoVIP

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 02:06:06 AM

I've never seen a takeover coin live well.
Just let it die to release the fund it ocuppied plz.  Wink

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:01:21 AM

windows wallet is up
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: