Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:06:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
BarTeam

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:37:28 PM

ECC is over 18 billion now. Super High interest with high volume of coins with low demand is a death blow. Can not be done safely without massively lowering the number of ECC coins.

Let me comment on this words (friendly), but first let me say that these "Free discussions are very good to expose good ideas". I would say, I am enjoying this! Thanks!

Regarding the part of the sentence I quoted:
I do not agree, respectfully. High volume would in fact sustain all you said. IF there was volume, transacted volume, then the coin would start to value. (you might not have mean that volume was transacted volume, but in case you was then this is my opinion). The problem/status is that ECC is not being used now for trading like it was before (I used to trade ECC like 1 BTC a week).

In the "Total amount of coins" (in my opinion) the main characteristic that spots out is that it differentiates the monopolize effect and the total "speculation" (initially only). The Monopolizing effect derivates from a bit of greedy and "speculation investment" that in this case could start by something like, "many might be guessing who as the most amount of coins?! If this goes rocket sky, who will make the buck...". But I would like to point, like you compared with other coins, the same idea against those other coins, and in that case it would be even easier to accomplish the "monopolized effect" (but surely with less wider windows for investment).

Adding some other opinion of mine: "old" coins (or old blockchains) like ECC, being big or small in amount of coins, does not matter much. Because the speculation of that amount was already negotiated through many adopters when the initial ECC started. Now it just defines the ECC granularity more/less in terms of trading.

So, conclusion for me is that the amount would only change the "speculation" in exchange for "bad informed adopters". Not much for the ones that already know that ECC will transform into a different amount of "total value". Percentages are, percentages... they will stay like that. And I think the only way to show value is by showing dedication, future vision and facts (the good ones):

Good facts examples:
- ECC has been very well transacted and initiated over a "green" effect that many liked.
- ECC has been taken over by people that though something like "how can coins like this dye?!!! NO WAY". Thanks for all of them that made something up to this.
- ECC was one of the first coins to use high stake rate and age (if not the first). MINT had 20%... but a lot less age time.
- ECC was at some point very "high volume speculated" due the relation with "long term investment", connected to the "green" style.
- ECC adopters did sold some of their coins, but I would say that "most of ECC is/was not sold". This shows that someone is still up to the investment they did initially. (Yes, I am one of these guys)
- etc...

Now ECC needs to adapt and reinvent it self. But also stay close/connected to the original roots! Why? It drives the speculation even better, therefore makes it valuable, stable and possibly "someday" a greedy coin for give uppers or newly interested adopters. Remember one last though, coins/chains that never dye have always increased value because they have persisted and adapted/evolved. That's the most "wanted" objective for all society in cryptocurrency.

In name of crypto, I thank all interested in participating over this open discussions. =)
BarTeam out.
pamises

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:31:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I see this community since beginning, and I may say that I am very happy that people are involved with eccoin project. Thats a honnor to be part of it, and I hope this community could grow more and more.

ECCoin is a great coin, and I always knew about it. But, to get known, we need to show evolution and a sense of community, just like that.

There are a lot of coins. What things people will see on ECCoin that make it a better one? 

Vincere cor proprium plus est quem vincere mundum.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:49:52 AM

ECC is over 18 billion now. Super High interest with high volume of coins with low demand is a death blow. Can not be done safely without massively lowering the number of ECC coins.

Did not mean to confuse, when I said volume , meant Amount / Number , not trading volume.
The word Low Demand is meant to indicate very low trading volume.
 Cool

P.S.
If the coin was in high demand then we would have a very large trading volume and odds are this conversation would not be happening.

pescadorloco69

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:26:56 AM

Hi guys wonder if you can help.

I just updated to latest wallet but now I do not have my coins and Ideas how to recover them?

Any help would be appreciated.
pescadorloco69

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:00:50 AM

Panic over they are back with repair wallet

Good job with the new wallet btw very nice.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:39:21 PM

If you are having problems syncing and your blocks are on a different block then the Block Explorer ( http://129.21.141.139:3000 ) then I have made available my peers.dat. You can try to replace your peers.dat with mine.

You can download it from address: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=02854884060926637894

The location for your peers.dat on Windows :

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ECCoin
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:29:33 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Tomorrow (within the next 24 hours) there will be a MANDATORY update to ECCoin v2.0.

Reason why another update?
- The updates have been so frequent because of the very slow and degrading network and they have an been an attempt to fix it. the last remaining variable that i can see that is causing a slow network is because there are about 20 wallets on the network that haven't updated there wallets since i took over, by this i mean they are still on the original ECCoin code. these wallets have been plauging the network and making it very hard to sync since then. also a bug was found earlier where it was possible to fork yourself off the network. this has been fixed. it wouldnt cause anyone but you to go off on a fork and wouldnt result in the loss of coins but it would cause you to have to re-sync. this was found to only work in  very specific scenario but nonetheless it has been fixed.

ALL WALLETS BEFORE 2.0 ONCE THE UPDATE IS RELEASED WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE NETWORK AND WILL BE REJECTED BY IT SO YOU MUST UPDATE.

i am hoping that this will be the last update i need to make in order to attempt network patches and i can just focus on getting more resources and outlets for the coin.

changes in the new wallet include:
-removal of useless functions that are obsolete.

-added checkpoints

-after block 260,000 all coins will be even when staking as if it where
block 0 and no coins will have a higher stake priority anymore.

-added some standard node connects so that the wallets will always at
least try to connect to the main dns nodes to find peers. the conf file
is now auto generated at startup if one doesn't already exist.

- increased the frequency of vSend which will mean the wallet checks for new blocks more often (down to 1 minute from the previous 2 minutes)

-shortened timeout timers for wallet connections (data was being lost since these were so high, they have been lowered to better standards)

When will i be able to get the new wallet?
- it will be released tomorrow. so check the first post. i will put it all in caps just for easy find. the github has already been updated (for the exchanges) so feel free to check out the new updates there
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:37:28 PM

I was just reading it! =) Eager to try your art!

Grin
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:39:05 PM

What does that mean, exactly ? What will be the min + max coin ages ?
BarTeam

HGPUPC addicted!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:44:42 PM

It's like, all coins will be reset to 0 days age. Meaning that "very old" coins that do not show up over the network, will not "influence" the staking (by not allowing others to stake so often for example).
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:18:04 PM

the same 2 hours to 84 days will be the stake time. the only difference is when it comes time to stake for a block the network will no longer look for those coins that are closer or past the 84 days. all coins are now even and will behave like they all brand new. so basically the network will stake what is avalible in order to keep the block chain moving as opposed to looking for coins that havent staked in a long time.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:39:13 PM

the same 2 hours to 84 days will be the stake time. the only difference is when it comes time to stake for a block the network will no longer look for those coins that are closer or past the 84 days. all coins are now even and will behave like they all brand new. so basically the network will stake what is avalible in order to keep the block chain moving as opposed to looking for coins that havent staked in a long time.

That sounds positive ! I don't know if there are any drawbacks.

Presumably blocks are still weighted according to size, just not age (excepting 2 hours min)
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:54:26 PM

Presumably blocks are still weighted according to size, just not age (excepting 2 hours min)

well yes. of course they are. i was just saying that the age thing is adjusted. size is always the other major factor
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:35:22 AM

well yes. of course they are. i was just saying that the age thing is adjusted. size is always the other major factor
so sending all my coins to a fresh wallet will work out better for me in terms of staking as they will be in one lump and don't need to mature ?

mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:43:38 AM

so sending all my coins to a fresh wallet will work out better for me in terms of staking as they will be in one lump and don't need to mature ?

When we post the new wallets V2.0.0.0  everybody needs to update, not updating will result in a wallet that won't sync anymore, this also means that staking will not take place.

We are doing this to weed out the wallets that are bringing havoc to our network (old wallets never updated)
taaku

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:48:13 AM

do we need to download the blockchain again or the same will be used???

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:03:09 PM

no. the wallet you have now will fix itself at that block. you dont need to send to a new wallet or anything. doing that will actually do nothing.

do we need to download the blockchain again or the same will be used???
same block chain will be used. if you arent synched (you can check BE if you are) then its probably because the bug i mentioned happened to you and it needs to be fixed. if it does you might need to resync. otherwise no you will be fine
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:42:13 PM

PLEASE UPDATE TO 2.0 YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ON THE NETWORK IF YOU DONT UPDATE

wallet links are on the first page. exchanges have been contacted. i will change the status of there wallets on the main post once i hear back from them. UNTIL THEN DONT SEND OR WITHDRAW COINS FROM THEM
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:16:45 PM

Is the update the reason that the last block is from 8 hours ago? Can I unlock the wallet after updating to v 2.0?

that is the exact reason. with the network changing protocols, the block chain has slowed down until everyone moves over. ( or until most move over). if you keep your wallet locked as compared to unlocked is your personal preference.
Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:13:02 PM

here we go, lets generate some blocks :-)

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: