Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:39:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith]  (Read 91207 times)
renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 04:53:05 PM

warning - checkpoint is too old wait for blockchain to download, or notify developers.
well i done both Smiley

Griffith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:01:36 PM

First, and announcement:

New BE with richlist:  http://blockexperts.com/ecc (also added to OP)

Now to address a few things that were asked that werent answered:

It's about time to bring some ECC to the exchanges :-)
If there's nothing to buy, it will be hard to attract new buyers.
Right now, on Allcoin, it takes only 197 LTC to bring ECC to 0.00001...

I'm transfering about 100.000.000 to Allcoin in the next few days, I hope some of you do the same.
I'm still selling at a loss, but I see it as an investment. If we keep the ECC in our wallets, it will never be worth a penny...

Further, it seems that Allcoin is getting more popular these days...
I noticed the MONA pump, and most volume created was on Allcoin (65% of the total volume!)

@Griffith

Do you have an idea when the long loading time issue will be fixed?

Regards

Goldmaxx

i wont have time to do any coding for anything until friday at noon (my time)

however to answer the question about the wallet load time. i have recoded the coins base code. and will be doing some tests to see if what i did fixes the load time (or at least helps it significantly). so this weekend i will be testing the new wallet code and making sure it syncs without issue before i release anything. so i HOPE to have this problem fixed by next monday. this updated code base will also play an important role with what i am doing next with all 3 of the TC wallets.

Allcoin is currently the exchange i am using to trade ECC. so your best bet at buying some is going there.

@goldmaxx to clarify, you are selling ecc at a loss... why? not sure i follow the logic on that one. [ also dont follow the logic on why you would sell at all =P ]

ALSO I HIGHLY DISAGREE WITH THIS ACTION:
I'm transfering about 100.000.000 to Allcoin in the next few days, I hope some of you do the same.
for one reason: i HIGHLY advise AGAINST storing coins on ANY exchange. exchanges are NOT meant to be banks. they are meant for sending your coins to, trading, and withdrawing immediately. exchanges (as we have seen in the past few months) are getting targeted for attacks and hacks more often. With the fast transaction time for ECC, it only takes a few seconds to send your coins to an exchange before trading them and withdrawing them after. doing this is best practice and will help to reduce the risk of losing your coins to a hack.

warning - checkpoint is too old wait for blockchain to download, or notify developers.
well i done both Smiley

this should be fixed by monday as well.

i will also (by monday) be contacting Bleutrade about adding ECC, MWC, and SUPER to their list of coins.
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1413
Merit: 1003

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:14:19 PM

@goldmaxx to clarify, you are selling ecc at a loss... why? not sure i follow the logic on that one. [ also dont follow the logic on why you would sell at all =P ]
I thought it is only me who don't get the point Cheesy
Explain, please Smiley
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:34:32 PM

Explain, please Smiley

i dont want to see him selling for so low to lose money just to have the price rise past that. within the next few days. the announcements that will be made will definitely drive the price up for all 3 coins. i cant say anything yet because i dont like to talk about coding projects before i know if what i have wrote goes through at least 2 phases of testing. but.... should be big
anotherlateminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:40:17 PM

Explain, please Smiley

i dont want to see him selling for so low to lose money just to have the price rise past that. within the next few days. the announcements that will be made will definitely drive the price up for all 3 coins. i cant say anything yet because i dont like to talk about coding projects before i know if what i have wrote goes through at least 2 phases of testing. but.... should be big
I meant I don't get goldmaxx's selling logic too Smiley

But I will be happy if he dumps into my buy orders Smiley
goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:20:47 AM

Explain, please Smiley

Griffith, anotherlateminer

I think that it's important that there is enough ECC for sale to attract new investors.
Right now, there isn't much for sale on Allcoin.
I have no idea how wide our user base is (how many active wallets), but in order for ECC to succeed, we need as much users as possible.

When I say i'm still selling at a loss, I say this because most of my coins are bought in the 2/3 sat range.
I don't mind selling some of my coins, in order to create a broader user base...

But, now that I did read good news is on the way, I might wait a little longer before I do this :-)

Further, thank you so much for the new block explorer!
One thing though, the richlist doesn't seem to work...

Regards

Goldmaxx

PVmining

Activity: 330
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:54:59 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 10:53:09 AM by PVmining

the block explorer is not synced at the moment... i think afterwards the richlist will work

@griffith
please make a link in the OP, which points to an actual blockchain download (as mtdspain did in dez.2014).
If a new investor tries to sync up from the scratch - it takes forever... and so it will happen that some lazy people will leave their coins on the exchange which results in to problems:
1) coins are never save on exchanges
2) no PoS fun for the user - only for the exchange.
which sometimes leads to PoS dumping in the past (there where rumors about mintpal doing that).

btw. great to see a new block explorer!
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:36:19 PM

the block explorer is not synced at the moment... i think afterwards the richlist will work

@griffith
please make a link in the OP, which points to an actual blockchain download (as mtdspain did in dez.2014).
If a new investor tries to sync up from the scratch - it takes forever... and so it will happen that some lazy people will leave their coins on the exchange which results in to problems:
which sometimes leads to PoS dumping in the past (there where rumors about mintpal doing that).

I will make a new package with the complete blockchain and peers from today. Will take me a while to upload because of the terrible slow Internet here in Spain.
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:25:24 PM

@griffith

I will make a new package with the complete blockchain and peers from today. Will take me a while to upload because of the terrible slow Internet here in Spain.

about the chain speed. it mightt be fixed with the new wallet design i did. (not visual design, code design). im going to do testing and stuff in about an hour or two. i just got back from taking a test on assembly language and i have 1 homework assignment to do before i start to test the new wallet.

Note: this will probably be the last update (besides basic maintenance) on the ECC wallet. I will be doing a new application after this called.... well i stil havent named it yet... CryptoBank or something like that. so after this wallet update i will mostly be working on that.

it will be an extension on the existing coin code. but id like to transfer from thinking of the new app as a wallet and more of a user platform.... or... im terrible at explaining stuff. just... wait and see what i mean in a few days XD
goldmaxx

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:20:44 PM

You got my full attention Griffith...Can't wait for more news to come :-)

anotherlateminer
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:29:53 PM

Explain, please Smiley

Griffith, anotherlateminer

I think that it's important that there is enough ECC for sale to attract new investors.
Right now, there isn't much for sale on Allcoin.
I have no idea how wide our user base is (how many active wallets), but in order for ECC to succeed, we need as much users as possible.

When I say i'm still selling at a loss, I say this because most of my coins are bought in the 2/3 sat range.
I don't mind selling some of my coins, in order to create a broader user base...

But, now that I did read good news is on the way, I might wait a little longer before I do this :-)

Regards

Goldmaxx

Looks like the new floor is forming somewhere around 80-100 litoshi, so there is a high possibility that you'll be able to sell your coins not at a loss very soon Smiley
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:27:12 PM

I have uploaded the complete blockchain with peers.dat, blkindex.dat and ECCoin.conf updated until today. The .zip file contains the complete ECCoin folder, I only took out my wallet.dat.

Download link to the blockchain https://mega.co.nz/#!q5sCgSQL!M568wJlzEBhg2opEyKN9iUrzAjT4z3h6F_cvpnXBKMk

This folder can be found on the following location ( depending your OS )

Windows: %APPDATA%\ECCoin\
Linux: ~/.ECCoin/
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/ECCoin

*** REMEMBER TO COPY FIRST YOUR WALLET.DAT AND PLACE IT ON A SAVE PLACE***
wsmolive

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:32:10 AM

EasyClearCoin Wallets: Current Version: 2.3,is the latest the version??I sync it 14 days .but the blockchain become more and more big ,what happened . ?? can someone help me??
Griffith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:33:39 PM

EasyClearCoin Wallets: Current Version: 2.3,is the latest the version??I sync it 14 days .but the blockchain become more and more big ,what happened . ?? can someone help me??

it is the latest version. at time of post the current block is ~ 545000
bram_vnl
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 09:40:30 AM

lite version of the WALLET?  its SLOW
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:04:36 AM

working block explorer?
rainly

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 10:23:20 AM

WHY?

ecc Network gH/s

ecc is pos,why  Network big?
bram_vnl
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:52:31 AM

my order

https://comkort.com/trade/ecc_btc
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:53:28 AM

working block explorer?

http://blockexperts.com/ecc (also added to OP)

Wallet is slow there is a full blockchain available for download: https://mega.co.nz/#!q5sCgSQL!M568wJlzEBhg2opEyKN9iUrzAjT4z3h6F_cvpnXBKMk
goldmaxx

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 12:14:17 PM

working block explorer?

http://blockexperts.com/ecc (also added to OP)

Wallet is slow there is a full blockchain available for download: https://mega.co.nz/#!q5sCgSQL!M568wJlzEBhg2opEyKN9iUrzAjT4z3h6F_cvpnXBKMk

The blockexplorer is new and hasn't uploaded the blockchain fully yet...still 79 days behind...
Should be ok in the next 48H...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: