Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:40:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:42:46 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/72oql0/would_it_be_a_good_idea_if_the_pocc_started_a_new/

According to him, copying NXT's strategy with Ardor by starting another blockchain project can be a better way than continuing on with the development of Burst. Do you agree?

I made a comment there on behalf of the PoCC. Obviously we disagree:

I would like to comment on all of this on PoCC's behalf.

Some of you use formulations like "I'd like to see", "I propose we start", "I believe XXX is better", "We should..." and the like. Well - roll up your sleeves and start working. Good luck.

Everyone else listen up:

There is no fighting between BURST developers. Developers respect each other because they know 1st hand experience that development is a demanding process that requires way more skills and discipline than just babbling around. Those who are no developers and just managed to learn how to babble around will sooner or later become irrelevant to the project, because they bring nothing to the table. Their stakes will become obsolete.

There will be no new PoC coin from the PoCC. Not in the foreseeable future. Nothing like that is planned. No new blockchain. So either you start to love BURST or you find yourself a new girlfriend.

Ok, we may rework BURST from the ground up leaving no stone unturned, we may even give the child a new name or do some rebranding at some point in the far far future. Please read up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus to enhance your understanding of the terms "new" and "the same" - and maybe to understand what will happen to BURST.

Still, we have no dogma or ideology that would prevent us from blatantly stealing the best concepts of other crypto coins and use them for BURST. Fortunately we are experienced enough to not succumb to some "not invented here" syndrome.

So anyone writing off BURST and hoping for some miracle new coin, is making a terrible mistake. We know that and we're telling you. All you have to do is to believe. The sooner you do, the more profit you'll make. One thing we can't do, is to blatantly steal some great community of some other coin. Just yesterday we discussed how technically bad Doge is in comparison with BURST. There is no single technological aspect, where BURST wouldn't blow Doge out of the water.

Yet, Doge has like 10 times the market cap of BURST. Maybe it's their great community? They fundraise for some poor bobsled teams, bring their coin to the moon - like for real, etc.. And at least we are not aware of any war rages within their community.

So if you want a great PoC coin, and if you are no developer, then simply make yourself heard in the BURST community that you do not want or accept people who spread hatred, FUD or whatever. That applies for everyone, be them the PoCC, Burst-Team or BurstNation.

There may be ideological differences, but for the time being we HAVE TO and WILL live on the same blockchain.

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:50:39 PM

Finally some progress in development! Hopefully it will move price up, because after this last big correction many people lost faith in BURST..
Waiting for green columns on Poloniex  Grin

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
falanya

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 01:51:42 AM

Hi,
I am trying to setup burst.
My progress is here

*  To mine here you need to set your "reward recipient" to BURST-SPAC-EWWF-CRX2-78Z6Z.
   This costs 1 BURST and you need to wait 4 blocks before it takes effect.

I need to 1 burst to proceed. may you send me 1 burst to this address

BURST-JVGH-896Q-JL6G-2JDEN
Thank you in advance
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 03:17:06 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/burstcoin/comments/72oql0/would_it_be_a_good_idea_if_the_pocc_started_a_new/

According to him, copying NXT's strategy with Ardor by starting another blockchain project can be a better way than continuing on with the development of Burst. Do you agree?

I made a comment there on behalf of the PoCC. Obviously we disagree:

I would like to comment on all of this on PoCC's behalf.

Some of you use formulations like "I'd like to see", "I propose we start", "I believe XXX is better", "We should..." and the like. Well - roll up your sleeves and start working. Good luck.

Everyone else listen up:

There is no fighting between BURST developers. Developers respect each other because they know 1st hand experience that development is a demanding process that requires way more skills and discipline than just babbling around. Those who are no developers and just managed to learn how to babble around will sooner or later become irrelevant to the project, because they bring nothing to the table. Their stakes will become obsolete.

There will be no new PoC coin from the PoCC. Not in the foreseeable future. Nothing like that is planned. No new blockchain. So either you start to love BURST or you find yourself a new girlfriend.

Ok, we may rework BURST from the ground up leaving no stone unturned, we may even give the child a new name or do some rebranding at some point in the far far future. Please read up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus to enhance your understanding of the terms "new" and "the same" - and maybe to understand what will happen to BURST.

Still, we have no dogma or ideology that would prevent us from blatantly stealing the best concepts of other crypto coins and use them for BURST. Fortunately we are experienced enough to not succumb to some "not invented here" syndrome.

So anyone writing off BURST and hoping for some miracle new coin, is making a terrible mistake. We know that and we're telling you. All you have to do is to believe. The sooner you do, the more profit you'll make. One thing we can't do, is to blatantly steal some great community of some other coin. Just yesterday we discussed how technically bad Doge is in comparison with BURST. There is no single technological aspect, where BURST wouldn't blow Doge out of the water.

Yet, Doge has like 10 times the market cap of BURST. Maybe it's their great community? They fundraise for some poor bobsled teams, bring their coin to the moon - like for real, etc.. And at least we are not aware of any war rages within their community.
https://imnotdead.co.uk/blog/coinomi
So if you want a great PoC coin, and if you are no developer, then simply make yourself heard in the BURST community that you do not want or accept people who spread hatred, FUD or whatever. That applies for everyone, be them the PoCC, Burst-Team or BurstNation.

There may be ideological differences, but for the time being we HAVE TO and WILL live on the same blockchain.

Good reply. Your post clearly shows the commitment of the PoCC in developing Burst into a top cryptocurrency. But I dont think that the fa-yerrr guy on Reddit is wrong in trying to create a controversial discussion because he was wrongly informed about Burst's distribution.
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:58:56 AM

Excelent summary. I promte burst until block first in crypto world in my country and still want to do that.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
detectiveduck

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:25:33 PM

Excelent summary. I promte burst until block first in crypto world in my country and still want to do that.

Just picked up a bag of burst. love the tech. are there any other blockchains out there that use proof of capacity like burst?
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:31:02 AM

Just picked up a bag of burst. love the tech. are there any other blockchains out there that use proof of capacity like burst?

Nope, Burst is the only one using PoC (hdd mining).

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
Yana_M1

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 10:47:15 AM

What about Storj and Sia?
alzander

Activity: 143

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:23:17 PM

Those are blockchains meant to let users buy and sell their own capacity. Burst uses capacity as a mining concept.. the space taken by Burst plots isn't useful for anything else. Storj and Sia are storing actual data (images, text files, backups, etc) for users in return for payment in those tokens.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━  ColossusCoinXT  ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▰▰  Extremely Resource Friendly ━  Lightning Fast  ━ Stealth Anonymous  ▰▰
▰▰▰▰  TwitterDiscordBitcointalk  ▰▰▰▰
nnekic86

Activity: 240

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:53:40 PM

Those are blockchains meant to let users buy and sell their own capacity. Burst uses capacity as a mining concept.. the space taken by Burst plots isn't useful for anything else. Storj and Sia are storing actual data (images, text files, backups, etc) for users in return for payment in those tokens.

for me STORJ is better and simple.
alzander

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:57:44 AM

for me STORJ is better and simple.
STORJ may be better than Sia, but it's completely unrelated to Burst Smiley

ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:37:50 AM

Do Storj and Sia already work? There were a ton of projects like it, but as far as I've seen, they've all been stuck in development for years.

And is there a specific advantage to use PoC while not using the space for other things? Seems a bit of a waste.

(btw... price might fall under 0.000001 if the alt crash keeps going. I might have to get a bag-refill then.)
alzander

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:16:56 PM

Do Storj and Sia already work? There were a ton of projects like it, but as far as I've seen, they've all been stuck in development for years.

And is there a specific advantage to use PoC while not using the space for other things? Seems a bit of a waste.

(btw... price might fall under 0.000001 if the alt crash keeps going. I might have to get a bag-refill then.)

I believe that both Sia and Storj both 'work'. However, don't expect a drop-box like replacement. There's a lot of twiddling required and setup to get things to have the proper redundancy and all that. Filecoin had an ICO earlier this year and will be another competitor in that market.. so there's potential, but it's going to be a while for maturity.

As for PoC benefits, that's up to you. Similar to the question of whether it's worth using kW's of electricity to mine bitcoin. All depends on your situation and spare capacity/cheap electricity, etc.

ironmanTR

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:01:14 PM

Is mining burst profitable?
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:11:38 PM

Finally some progress in development! Hopefully it will move price up, because after this last big correction many people lost faith in BURST..

In the end we should be lucky that Burst is on polo and trex those exchanges can and will give Burst the needed volume to grow. Liquidity makes coins these days and being on top altcoins exchanges combined with the innovation Burst has, can make it grow. More and more use-cases within the burst eco-system are developed!
pinkflower

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:32:27 AM

It seems like it but the electricity you save compared to PoW mining makes it more sustainable if you think long term. Although it would be nice if the developers found a way to make the plotted space useful.

The idea for Burst was really to have any spare space you have to mine, not to make mining rigs out of hard drives to make money.

And Android mining is now also possible now. Check their site
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:17:47 AM

In the end we should be lucky that Burst is on polo and trex those exchanges can and will give Burst the needed volume to grow. Liquidity makes coins these days and being on top altcoins exchanges combined with the innovation Burst has, can make it grow. More and more use-cases within the burst eco-system are developed!

I understand that because Bitcoin price is rising almost all alts are going down, but with so many innovations Burst should at least stay on same level (like Syscoin). I really don't understand this dumps.. Sad

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:13:50 PM

Thanks for the explanations alzander and pinkflower.

The idea for Burst was really to have any spare space you have to mine, not to make mining rigs out of hard drives to make money.

The thing is just... as far as even the PoCC peeps have explained, the mining will not stay profitable for long, since the amount of inflation is getting lower. So something else has to either sustain mining, or pump the use so much that fees make up for it.
Or something has to replace it altogether, while making Burst still attractive. I just haven't seen such plans so far.

I understand that because Bitcoin price is rising almost all alts are going down, but with so many innovations Burst should at least stay on same level (like Syscoin). I really don't understand this dumps.. Sad

It takes patience. The last serious alt drought took more than two years. But staying in Burst has paid off brilliantly back then. 
The potential is there. But I find the space too unpredictable to know when it will happen.
pinkflower

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:34:27 AM

Thomas, but you have to see the benefit of Burst's PoC mining to the whole community. Its something very unique and no other project has done it in practice. I have heard about Proof of Space and Time suggested by Bram Cohen but where is the code? In theory its better, but in practice we have only Burst team's experience. They are the true pioneers in hard drive mining. 
VERA66

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:52:48 AM

sounds good. I want to join in.How to participate?
Pages: « 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: