Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:50:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:22:10 PM

i'm not able to modify code for winzoz and recompile it.
i hope you update code for next release!

thank you again luxe!

you could just notify dev, that harden code at this point would make sense ... i don't even have git skills now or know how to use github ... have to figure that out first :-)

luxe but you're not part of the development team?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:26:20 PM

thank you again luxe!

you could just notify dev, that harden code at this point would make sense ... i don't even have git skills now or know how to use github ... have to figure that out first :-)

no, i just love this coin ... and try to help ...
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:38:54 PM

thank you again luxe!

no, i just love this coin ... and try to help ...

good job luxe!!! i think you have the capacity :-)

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Zerotenine

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:53:24 PM

Hi guys!Just came back from job and seen,what I found my first block 2382. Cheesy
I have found this block with only 200gb plot file.So,I think,all new miners have  a lot of chances to get their blocks.
I would like to ask comunity...I have 2 TB HDD and I made only one plot file,whitck starts from 1,and ends on 800000(200gb)
Some people says,what I need to make next run_generate.bat file 1600000 800000,and some members tell me,what I need to make 800000 1600000 file for next 200 gb section....May be it is better,to make one 6800000 section,or so...
What can you say?
unsoindovo
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:55:16 PM

Hi guys!Just came back from job and seen,what I found my first block 2382. Cheesy
I have found this block with only 200gb plot file.So,I think,all new miners have  a lot of chances to get their blocks.
I would like to ask comunity...I have 2 TB HDD and I made only one plot file,whitck starts from 1,and ends on 800000(200gb)
Some people says,what I need to make next run_generate.bat file 1600000 800000,and some members tell me,what I need to make 800000 1600000 file for next 200 gb section....May be it is better,to make one 6800000 section,or so...
What can you say?

Zero this is called just luck ;-)

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:19:33 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 08:32:45 PM by neite99

What can you say?

The part that matters most is the first number:

first 200gb plot
1   800000

second 200gb plot

800001  800000

that is the starting nonce number that is keyed to your passphrase. They can be whatever you want but make sure they don't overlap (duplicates area waste of space)

You can make a giant one but it doesn't do anything extra or more efficiently than making multiple plots. I personally am making 100GB and 200GB on 3 different machines and moving them.

The problem with a giant plot is that it will take a LONG time to generate and it is likely that your computer will get turned off or something will happen before it completes which leaves you with an unfinished and improperly named plot. My advice is to stick with 200GB or less per plot.

Also I generate mine like this:

0  800000          1st
800000 800000   2nd
1600000 800000 3rd
2400000 800000 4th

I like clean organized sets. Hope this helps.

Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 08:20:16 PM

What can you say?

The first number after the address is the starting nonce, the 2nd number is the amount of nonces to generate. So:

run_generate.bat YOURADDRESSNUMBER 800000 800000 8191 1
Would start at nonce 800000 and go for 800000 nonces, or another 200GB that, if done as one file, would lay contiguous to your above plot. 8191 and 1 of course can be changed at-will.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 08:57:59 PM

So, I am having a random issue and I am not sure why...

Every once in a while on my server machine, one of the instances that is on my G drive (miner instance) crashes out. Just closes. I don't know why it is doing this. It is only on that one drive, the other miner on the other drive is fine, and the miner on the mapped drive on the same server, mapped to my desktop is fine too. It's only the G drive miner, and randomly...

Any Ideas or suggestions on how to get it to stop? Thanks!

I think my question got overlooked, can anyone help me out with this? Thanks!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:05:55 PM

Every once in a while on my server machine, one of the instances that is on my G drive (miner instance) crashes out. Just closes. I don't know why it is doing this. It is only on that one drive, the other miner on the other drive is fine, and the miner on the mapped drive on the same server, mapped to my desktop is fine too. It's only the G drive miner, and randomly...

try to give the miner some more memory e.g. -Xmx2g or even -Xmx4g ... if that does not help
start with java > log.txt -Xmx2g ... so that you can post the log.txt content here ... at the moment we can only guess ...
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:07:13 PM

Is it just the miner that stops or is it a plot generation too?

Try adding the word pause on a line after everything else on your bat file

java -Xmxblah blah blah blah
pause

When it dies it will pause the command prompt and ask you to press a button to shut down. This way you can see what the error is that is killing the process.

Once you get that it is much easier to help diagnose the problem.

Edit:

I am assuming your on windows.
CryptoSurfer

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:07:59 PM

There are some huge miners out there with huge plots!.

@Wulfcastle: Great work!
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:08:18 PM

is anyone interested in a hosted mining service?
i meet some hosting peopling during the next couple of days to talk about interesting projects.
at the moment i have no idea about durations and pricing. for now i just want to ask if anyone is interested in.

crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:26:16 PM

pause

When it dies it will pause the command prompt and ask you to press a button to shut down. This way you can see what the error is that is killing the process.

Edit:

Yea, I have already added pause to it, and am awaiting the next time it crashes out.... It is only the miner, and only 1 of the 2 miners running on the system. The one on the other drive never crashes. Very strange. The plot generation is fine on both drives.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:27:47 PM

pause

Edit:

Yea, I have already added pause to it, and am awaiting the next time it crashes out.... It is only the miner, and only 1 of the 2 miners running on the system. The one on the other drive never crashes. Very strange. The plot generation is fine on both drives.

It probably is a JAVA/Ram issue then.

What is your Xmx setting on that one? Did you leave it as 750?
WolfOf

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:28:17 PM

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:29:28 PM

is anyone interested in a hosted mining service?
i meet some hosting peopling during the next couple of days to talk about interesting projects.
at the moment i have no idea about durations and pricing. for now i just want to ask if anyone is interested in.

I don't know if a hosted service would be useful in this case, as mining BURST doesn't require the power that the other styles of mining does. But I guess just being able to purchase temporary storage hosted to mine may be nice. But I wouldn't use it, because I love doing everything on my own. But I know some people would definitely be interested.

Let me know if you need any assistance with the setup. Wink

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:29:59 PM

pause

Edit:

It probably is a JAVA/Ram issue then.

What is your Xmx setting on that one? Did you leave it as 750?

Yes, the miner is still at xmx750

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 09:31:28 PM

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?

I really don't think so... well, I guess, at least I hope not... This drive, as with almost all of the drives/components in the system in question, are almost brand new WD NAS drives. Do you think that bad sectors would cause only the MINER to crash and not the PLOTTER? It would seem to me that it would be the other way around, but I've been known to be wrong before! hehe.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
CryptoSurfer

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:36:42 PM

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?

I really don't think so... well, I guess, at least I hope not... This drive, as with almost all of the drives/components in the system in question, are almost brand new WD NAS drives. Do you think that bad sectors would cause only the MINER to crash and not the PLOTTER? It would seem to me that it would be the other way around, but I've been known to be wrong before! hehe.

How is your NAS attached ?
neite99

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:38:17 PM

pause

Edit:

bad sectors of your HDD?

How is your NAS attached ?

CryptoSurfer is on to something here. How is it attached?
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: