Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:38:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845435 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 03:25:44 AM

the reasons for the Bible are basically, in simplistic form:

1. Salvation of souls for the afterlife;
2. Directions and instructions for living a better life here.

Regarding #2 above: The Bible gives instructions for living a good life here. It is filled with many examples of how God favors people who follow the instructions. It gives many examples of how God is against those people who don't follow the instructions, even though He patiently puts up with them, often for a long time. In addition, it shows how difficult it is to live a life that follows the instructions entirely.

Can you give us some examples of those directions and instructions for living a better life in the bible?

Yes, I can. Well, I think I can. Not knowing the future, maybe if I truly tried, I would find that I couldn't.

Smiley

So... What are they?

There's the Ten Commandments for starters. They are first written in the book of Exodus, in the O.T. Following them are other rules that make a lot of sense where they apply to us in life.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 07:29:42 AM

Regarding #2 above: The Bible gives instructions for living a good life here. It is filled with many examples of how God favors people who follow the instructions. It gives many examples of how God is against those people who don't follow the instructions, even though He patiently puts up with them, often for a long time. In addition, it shows how difficult it is to live a life that follows the instructions entirely.

Can you give us some examples of those directions and instructions for living a better life in the bible?

Yes, I can. Well, I think I can. Not knowing the future, maybe if I truly tried, I would find that I couldn't.

Smiley

So... What are they?

There's the Ten Commandments for starters. They are first written in the book of Exodus, in the O.T. Following them are other rules that make a lot of sense where they apply to us in life.

Smiley

Of the ten, only five, half, are actually good for late bing a better let me: don't murder, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't bear false witness against your neighbor, and don't covet. The one about honoring your mother and father are dubious, since people should be honored for what they do, not what they are (what if your father is a violent alcoholic, and your parents generally neglect you?)

What about things like don't rape, don't force people into slavery, don't commit fraud or lie, don't hit people, don't destroy other's property, or even just help others who need it if you're able? Seems like a lot of waste using up the first 4 of those commandments for just vain stuff.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 06:11:23 PM

Smiley

So... What are they?

Smiley

Of the ten, only five, half, are actually good for late bing a better let me: don't murder, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't bear false witness against your neighbor, and don't covet. The one about honoring your mother and father are dubious, since people should be honored for what they do, not what they are (what if your father is a violent alcoholic, and your parents generally neglect you?)

What about things like don't rape, don't force people into slavery, don't commit fraud or lie, don't hit people, don't destroy other's property, or even just help others who need it if you're able? Seems like a lot of waste using up the first 4 of those commandments for just vain stuff.

Actually, in the Ten Commandments, the more important ones are listed first. God holds everything in place... life and everything else. Those of us who value our lives should acknowledge God and His patience with us. After all, He has absolute control, no matter what we think about the ways that He uses the control He has.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:20:35 PM

Why does BADecker say that my God is the devil...
when he does not know anything about my God?

Can you not forgive them, too, in a Christian truth and have compassion for their fall---or do you sit in judgment of ALL?

If you denounce all who project the words of your Bible and the ones who effort at correcting misconceptions---who is left? Let me be one of the first, perhaps, to tell you----Satan dear one.

"Expose" me as a fraud? I sincerely doubt that you shall expose me for anything for I suggest that you would not make the effort required to either research facts or make announcement.

Does BADecker supply us with any evidence?
Only if you intend to limit God and God's WORD like BADecker is doing...

Now remember,
To denounce out of ignorance is called "hate".

You never bothered to compare my truth with the other truths you are familiar with.

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:24:56 PM

Can you not forgive them, too, in a Christian truth and have compassion for their fall---or do you sit in judgment of ALL?

If you denounce all who project the words of your Bible and the ones who effort at correcting misconceptions---who is left? Let me be one of the first, perhaps, to tell you----Satan dear one.

"Expose" me as a fraud? I sincerely doubt that you shall expose me for anything for I suggest that you would not make the effort required to either research facts or make announcement.

Does BADecker supply us with any evidence?
Only if you intend to limit God and God's WORD like BADecker is doing...

Now remember,
To denounce out of ignorance is called "hate".

You never bothered to compare my truth with the other truths you are familiar with.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.    Grin

bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 12:52:37 AM

BADecker, that is not Christian behavior.
When will you take responsibility for the things you have said in this very thread?

Some Bible teachings to keep in mind:

Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.
For you will be treated as you treat others.
The standard you use in judging
is the standard by which you will be judged.

He that keeps his mouth
takes care of his soul,
and he that opens his lips
works shipwreck to his soul.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 09:15:43 PM

"The earliest versions of Mark stop at 16:8. It’s an awkward ending, with three women who have gone to the tomb where Jesus was laid after the Crucifixion encountering a man who tells them to let the disciples know that the resurrected Jesus will see them in Galilee. The women flee the tomb, and 'neither said they any thing to any man; for they were afraid.’

In early copies of the original Greek writings, that’s it. The 12 verses that follow in modern Bibles—Jesus appearing to Mary Magdalene and the Disciples and then ascending to Heaven—are not there."

Surely there must be some sort of debate or refutation of this fact somewhere? I cannot believe that the central tenet of Christianity - the resurrection of Jesus - was just tacked on by scribes later, that this is known to scholars, and has gone unremarked upon until Newsweek came along...

I thought this was an enjoyable article, but I would hate to introduce it to a discussion when the truth is not nearly so clear-cut as is presented. I'll have to do some more research. Does anyone have anything relevant?

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:31:25 PM

I really doubt there is any scientific proof to describe god existence.

Who need proofs about unicorn or flying spaghetti monster?

As I've explained many times in this thread,  unicorns or flying spaghetti monsters are invalid rebuttals against the existence of monotheistic gods because they are instead characterized like polytheistic gods.

There is no amount of empirical evidence that could prove or disprove a monotheistic god, and so debating whether God exists in an empirical context is a flawed approach.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:40:31 AM

Smiley

So... What are they?

Smiley

Jumping in here after a month or two. Wink

The first four commandments are about putting God in His proper place and in doing so, a person should then feel compelled to carry out the rest of the commandments out of love for God and then because of understanding who God is, choosing to love others because of that.  In today's society there is a belief that we can just choose to love others and skip the first part.  But the question of where does our conscience or even knowledge of right and wrong come from?  I believe that our conscience is the Holy Spirit speaking to us.  We have a voice that tells us what is right and wrong and it is God speaking to us.  Many religions have these same sets of laws in them and morality can have a common thread throughout religion and cultures, but where does that common morality originate? 

As for the main purpose of the commandments, Galatians 5:14 says:  For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."   In reality I believe sin is anything that hurts others.  If a person truly loves others he will not be sinning in doing so.  If we just stop focusing on what the "rules" are and start having love and compassion for others we would all be doing what God wills for us.  However, we get stuck on a list of "do's and don'ts" when they are just there to open our eyes to the fact we all have fallen short of God's law in one way or another and need to humbly come to Him in repentance for that.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 03:07:40 AM

"The earliest versions of Mark stop at 16:8. It’s an awkward ending, with three women who have gone to the tomb

I'll have to do some more research. Does anyone have anything relevant?

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html

Why are all three women called "Mary"? Is that not a clue?!

Indeed, the Bible is not what many want it to be.

Why not read God's WORD as published in the Phoenix Journals?

You gain truth by evaluation of that which is offered--in full, for yourself.

You can only know information if you read it or get it for yourself,
else it is someone else's opinion or perception.

Sam the Man

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:10:17 AM

genuinely this post stirred so much...

I read posts that

angered
humoured
upset
confused
and just made me go what the hell..

Cheesy That i guess sums up a good discussion
bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 03:48:37 AM

debating whether God exists in an empirical context is a flawed approach.

It is a flawed approach because God has no limitations.

God's WORD is very real and
I suspect that is a better topic for debate/discussion.

IS HATONN REAL?

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF THAT WHICH I OFFER IS VALID TRUTH?

bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 05:34:39 AM

If we just stop focusing on what the "rules" are and start having love and compassion for others we would all be doing what God wills for us. 

However, we get stuck on a list of "do's and don'ts" when they are just there to open our eyes to the fact we all have fallen short of God's law in one way or another

and need to humbly come to Him in repentance for that.

The most important thing is responsibility, not repentance.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:42:30 AM

If we just stop focusing on what the "rules" are and start having love and compassion for others we would all be doing what God wills for us. 

However, we get stuck on a list of "do's and don'ts" when they are just there to open our eyes to the fact we all have fallen short of God's law in one way or another

We how do we take "responsibility" for breaking God's laws?  The only way to do that is through repentance.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:38:11 AM

We how do we take "responsibility" for breaking God's laws?  The only way to do that is through repentance.

How about just ignore them?  The god in your mind has no power in the real world.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 11:59:09 AM

I think you will have a hard time proving that without supplying some definitions.

bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 12:18:21 PM

Hi BitChick,

Suppose that you drop a ceramic plate on the ground and it shatters into pieces. You say "I am sorry" to the plate; however, the plate is not put back together again--it is still in pieces.

"I am sorry" is what comes to mind for me when I think of repentance.

bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 12:35:42 PM

How about just ignore them?
This causes problems, for example "overpopulation" due to... lack of responsibility and ignorance of God's Laws.

LOOK AT YOUR WORLD AND CHECK IT OUT. ARE YOU INTO CHAOS AND TROUBLE OR ARE YOU IN THE MIDST OF HARMONY AND BALANCE IN GODLY TRUTH?

Maybe your way and "wisdom" didn't work? So what gives you right to pounce and pound on MINE?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:36:46 PM

How about just ignore them?
This causes problems, for example "overpopulation" due to... lack of responsibility and ignorance of God's Laws.

LOOK AT YOUR WORLD AND CHECK IT OUT. ARE YOU INTO CHAOS AND TROUBLE OR ARE YOU IN THE MIDST OF HARMONY AND BALANCE IN GODLY TRUTH?

Maybe your way and "wisdom" didn't work? So what gives you right to pounce and pound on MINE?

A much smaller problem, but still a problem - because it leads people astray - is your writings that you follow. They have no strength. But they look somewhat right on the outside. They don't have the depth, scope and wisdom of the Bible. They bring about salvation for no-one, but attempt to turn people away from the only salvation that exists. They aren't foolishness except in the broad sense of their existence. And they are full of lies.

The reason they exist is to draw people away from the only salvation for eternal life that exists... salvation by believing in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. Their secondary goals is to make money or some other kind of value for their proponents, off people, by drawing followers after them, followers who will donate to their foolish and stupid cause.

The same to you as Saint Paul said to Elymas the sorcerer:
You are a child of the devil and an enemy of everything that is right! You are full of all kinds of deceit and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?

Smiley

bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 04:10:24 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 04:41:41 PM by bl4kjaguar

They have no strength. But they look somewhat right on the outside.
They don't have the depth, scope and wisdom of the Bible.
They bring about salvation for no-one, but attempt to turn people away from the only salvation that exists.
They aren't foolishness except in the broad sense of their existence.
And they are full of lies.

Sorry to say but the only one lying here is you because:
you have no idea what is in my book
because you have never quoted from it;
so how would you know that it is full of lies?

You are trying to mislead by omitting vital information,
like the fact that you are NOT capable of exposing anything in the Journals as a lie
(because you refuse to quote from them).

You did not object to the TRUTH posted here;
you have no rational basis for calling it a lie.
YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW THAT OF WHICH YOU SPEAK.

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: