Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:23:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (ANN) Netcoin has gone POS! With PIR & OWI  (Read 142099 times)
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:46:14 PM

Hey, I asked Bittrex if they would maybe add Netcoin.

https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/516291880212914179

We should tweet to them and ask them to add it!

I would love to trade my Net at Bittrex!

Money Is Information

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SnappySnap

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:08:21 PM

Hey, I asked Bittrex if they would maybe add Netcoin.

https[Suspicious link removed]xchange/status/516291880212914179

We should tweet to them and ask them to add it!

I would love to trade my Net at Bittrex!

Great Idea!!! 

Will do.  Lets push for this  Smiley
jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 09:11:48 PM

is it possible to determine bow many of the blocks generated are going to POS and how many go to POW presently?

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Promoting Independence and Personal Responsibility

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 07:57:41 AM

is it possible to determine bow many of the blocks generated are going to POS and how many go to POW presently?

This is a very good question, the honest answer is... no... I would actually like to know myself XD

POS seems to come whenever it feels like it... I will note though there are some upcoming fixes to be made to the POW difficulty retargetting and that will I would think help the POS to come more regularly. Mind you I stake once a day on average. It doesn't matter all too much though as your reward is worked out based on a portion of the yearly rate. For instance if you staked in 1 day, you will get 1 days worth of the yearly rate, if 2 days then 2 days worth and so on.

Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 08:11:59 AM

Bittrex would be a nice addition, if we do get on there let us know and I'll get the wallet updated with links and also update the info site etc.

Thank you BRUCELLA for the french translation, that is much appreciated. Smiley

If you feel like doing it you could do the info site too? We currently have chinese (although that needs updating) german and english, dutch is on the way.

Are there any chinese speakers that could help update the info site? That would be really helpful. Smiley

Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 01:38:38 PM

Hi guys, so thought you might be interested in seeing some stats as I know people had concerns over the new PIR staking system we set up and the fear that there may be subsequent "dumps" and a lowering of the price. So here is the chart for the last month. I highlighted the absolute low which was on september the 5th.

So, the low was 32 as you can see in the image, and the current price is 126. So from this we can calulate the % gains over this 24 day period.

Daily average rise is +13%

Overall rise is a whopping +325%

I hope that this can help to relieve any fears you may have had. Smiley

We'll keep working away on improvements and get Netcoin back to it's former glory, where we sat at 4000! Plenty more room for growth that's for sure.

SnappySnap

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:00:23 PM

Hi guys, so thought you might be interested in seeing some stats as I know people had concerns over the new PIR staking system we set up and the fear that there may be subsequent "dumps" and a lowering of the price. So here is the chart for the last month. I highlighted the absolute low which was on september the 5th.

So, the low was 32 as you can see in the image, and the current price is 126. So from this we can calulate the % gains over this 24 day period.

Daily average rise is +13%

Overall rise is a whopping +325%

I hope that this can help to relieve any fears you may have had. Smiley

We'll keep working away on improvements and get Netcoin back to it's former glory, where we sat at 4000! Plenty more room for growth that's for sure.

This is great news for NET!  Another sign that this coin is on the up-and-up!  Great work everyone on not only keeping this coin going, but building it stronger!

It's great to see the PIR working!
SnappySnap

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:13:44 PM

Another Interesting insight:

The 3 weeks prior to the announcement of PIR + OWI: Volume of trades hovered about 2million per week.
The 3 weeks subsequent to the announcement of PIR + OWI: Volume rose over 100% to around 5million per week.

Since then, trading volume has remained on average about 5.5 million per week.

Nice work.  At the past pinnacle of NET, trades were around 10mil/week. 

Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 02:45:19 PM

Another Interesting insight:

The 3 weeks prior to the announcement of PIR + OWI: Volume of trades hovered about 2million per week.
The 3 weeks subsequent to the announcement of PIR + OWI: Volume rose over 100% to around 5million per week.

Since then, trading volume has remained on average about 5.5 million per week.

Nice work.  At the past pinnacle of NET, trades were around 10mil/week. 

Wow that's great news snappy! I think so far we can chalk this up as a success! Now we just need to keep building on this and we'll be back where we should be in no time! Thanks to everyone that's been helping out, you guys have been great and I've had a lot of fun working with you all as always. Smiley

We even have a new team member on board who's been chipping in with doing the translations in wallet etc, he goes by the name Tepelstreeltje and you can see this beautiful man right here. http://netcoinfoundation.org/

Now, we still need a mug shot of WHO! And we'll have the full set I think! Or should he remain a mystery, hmmmm XD

jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 06:05:19 PM

I'd like to thank the devs for being so resposnsive!

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 06:11:50 PM

I'd like to thank the devs for being so resposnsive!

Thank you, we appreciate the good feedback, we're on the case and will do our best to get everything running as smooth as butter and soon as we can. Moving to POS was quite the task and so was bound to create a few bumps along the way but we're ironing them out as we go. Only going to get better from here and feedback like yours really does help to make it all worth while. Smiley

Bigjohnson124

Activity: 282

Netcoins are the best coins!

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 07:10:11 PM

Hey that's great! Welcome welcome welcome!!  Smiley
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 07:10:20 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 08:01:58 AM by Netcoin Foundation

@ yogibaer

Hey dude nearly forgot to say I did get round to updating the German info site with the translations you did. Not sure if you noticed or not. Thanks a lot for doing that mate. Great stuff dude you altered it perfectly. Smiley

If anyone would like a go at translating either the wallet or info site please do let us know. It would be especially great to get chinese done as most of it is done already... Just a few bits that need adding.

Have a great day folks. Smiley

BRUCELLA

Activity: 142

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:28:06 PM

Bittrex would be a nice addition, if we do get on there let us know and I'll get the wallet updated with links and also update the info site etc.

Thank you BRUCELLA for the french translation, that is much appreciated. Smiley

If you feel like doing it you could do the info site too? We currently have chinese (although that needs updating) german and english, dutch is on the way.

Are there any chinese speakers that could help update the info site? That would be really helpful. Smiley

I'm a bit late for the translation because there is some inundation in my country... you need to wait the end of week for it. I will look the info site after that.
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:20:59 PM

That's fine BRUCELLA, thanks very much for all your help Smiley

Also to note the info site has now been translated to dutch. Thanks very much to Tepelstreeltje for that. Smiley

Falcon98

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:10:09 PM

Great, NET coin is on Bittrex now!
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:22:17 PM

most excellent - however the problem remains that the coin only generates about 20 blocks and miner cannot make any money off it - the wallet really need to be fixed.

in addition - I have asked a few times how to distinguish in the block chain a POS from a POW block, I am developing a coin mining estimation site that will be as accurate as humanly possible based on formulas and algorithms I've developed that  have proven to be dead accurate and I'd like to include netcoin in the mix of coins but can't when it's like throwing darts at a dart board blindfolded when it comes to estimating POW block available for mining daily - so I really wish someone would help me.

I went to the trouble of creating a pool for this coin but people are reluctant to even mine it based on 5 minute blocks time which is what this coin has right now and I know that to be true because I've been tracking the coin and have built a searchable database by date on the blocks per day and the hash rates.

You guys have a great coins here and I really like it and can bring lots of new miners to the coin but I really do need the information.

someone please give me the technical information on what I seek. Over in the the BTM thread the developers could not be more helpful but here people just say 'we don't know' - so ..someone has to know and who is that person?

thanks in advance.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 11:17:15 PM

Great, NET coin is on Bittrex now!

Yeah I just saw that right now, really good news! I'm glad that people have more options to trade NET, now who is going to part with some NET and place some sells? Anyone? XD

I know they are tough to part with but you know, nice to share the love Smiley

Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 11:26:55 PM

@lifeforcepools

You are dead right lifeforcepools, we have been working on it and we do actually have a better version we are testing right now... Obviously we don't want to rush something out there only for it not to work as intended again as these changes require a hard fork. But I can tell you that tests are looking much better than they do currently. I wouldn't say perfect though just yet.

Also you can tell a POS from a POW by looking at the version, I'm really sorry but I didn't see you ask this before... If I had seen I would have told you. POW is version 2 and POS is version 3... You can see this on the block explorer.

But really great news about your new site and wanting to include Netcoin into it. Thanks you so much for that and just know that we are working our hardest to get it all done the best we can. Obviously many of us have other life commitments but we are working every spare hour we have on Netcoin. As soon as we are done and we have a stable release we'll let all you guys know I promise. It shouldn't be long now. To be honest, I am pretty happy to release it as it is now.

@CrazyLoaf

This has been discussed and it really is a tough call because as you can see from the above post people like to mine, so I wouldn't want to remove the mining feature purely for that reason really. But I am open to see what the community thinks... I think once we get the mining sorted out there really isn't much need to remove it. We're very nearly there too. Smiley

Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 12:07:10 AM

@CrazyLoaf

This has been discussed and it really is a tough call because as you can see from the above post people like to mine, so I wouldn't want to remove the mining feature purely for that reason really. But I am open to see what the community thinks... I think once we get the mining sorted out there really isn't much need to remove it. We're very nearly there too. Smiley

Unless there's a particular plan in mind with PoW, I'd say stop it. PoS is much easier to secure and depending on the numbers, PoW may be providing more inflation in NET than PoS, even with the higher rates. 300M+ is more than enough atm.

Well I dunno to be honest, there are plenty of coins with 100 billion and they do just fine, though not saying NET will be that XD

But spreading too thin and having no coins for people to buy isn't really good either. POW is capped to what it always would have been... Don't you think POW + POS = double security?

Also we do have a little plan in mind for the POW, which would be kinda interesting to see, a counter measure for multipools, a novel take on it and so I would be really reluctant... And I mean, many people like it. Is it right to cut them out?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: