Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:17:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (ANN) Netcoin has gone POS! With PIR & OWI  (Read 142099 times)
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:08:43 AM

Darn, why is the value of NET in free fall?  Tons of people dumping the coins, but why?

Not sure, I think the giveaways are helping with that. With the new exchange and its features we have it funded to disperse coins for the whole month of October.   Not everyone will hold their coins or stake I guess, Surely that's not all of it. I suppose the bit of inactivity could perhaps help as well.

Just know things are being worked on and developments are underway it just a matter of the time. We are normal folks who also have lives too.

If they want to sell then they can.. I'll just be buying cheaper NET then. We'll see how she goes Smiley

STFU Leo.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990219.0;topicseen

Which one of those cryptsy insiders are you ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alt19

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 11:42:49 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 09:40:18 AM by alt19

I wouldn't say the coin is dead. They have been doing some work on the new homepage. A lot of things are back in place. The devs have jobs and this is a side project for most of them. Compared to many other coins, this one has potential for valuation. Compared to this time last year, the coin has retained its value at ~ 120 sats and you can trade it for LTC and XRP also. The price of BTC is going up at this point in time, so many people are dumping there alts for BTC, Net is no exception. Overall, this coin has an established community, devs that chime in regularly and work that is actually being done in the background and you can actually spend bitcoins with services like coinpayments. Yes it was nice to see the price climb to the 300's and  it may go there again. Just have patience and keep staking. Look at these low prices as an opportunity and good luck trading. If you really like this coin and have faith in the devs, why not throw some BTC in to the ring and bring the price up. Here are some links to help out people trying to get into netcoin at this time.

Block Explorer:
http://explorer.netcoin.io/

Wallet download:

http://netcoin.io/downloads/

Valuation:

http://netcoin.io/price/

Official Netcoin Forum:

http://forum.netcoin.io/

does Netcoin have checkpoints? normal checkpoints or ACP?

estimated supply over the next 10 years?

thanks

edit: large inflation
tepelstreeltje

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:58:18 PM

@alt19

Netcoin has normal checkpoints.
Estimate coins in 10 year is hard to say imo. It all depends on how many coins of the total supply are staking and PIR percentage.
Also end this year or begin next year the rewards change and there will be less coins generated. Highest level PIR (10m+) will drop 55%!!! but the lowest levels(less than 1m) gain 10%.
IAmElemental

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:02:00 PM

What is the PoS % ?
tepelstreeltje

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 09:53:34 PM

@IAmElemental

That depends on your PIR percentage. All the coin info and what PIR is can be found on the first page of this thread.
MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:22:23 PM

ANd it continues to crash and burn. Glad I got rid of most of mine at 95 satoshi. This has been an expensive gamble.
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Promoting Independence and Personal Responsibility

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 07:24:29 PM

ANd it continues to crash and burn. Glad I got rid of most of mine at 95 satoshi. This has been an expensive gamble.

Sorry you feel that way.  Most alts took a beating with the both swing in BTC as well as a bullish rise of the USD.  But yes, there have been some dumps of recent on NET.

It's been difficult (we know) to organize, but we're about ready to release the new website as a precursor to some updates to the coin & wallet.  The past few months of NET have been wild.  From websites going down, re-structuring of the team, new team members, new websites....all of it have provided valuable lessons which we're implementing to make NET better.

We'll try to keep folks posted/updates, so hang tight Smiley

MiningBattalion

Activity: 333
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:55:17 AM

well I am sure a lot of people has lost a lot of money due to the netcoin foundation and  the lack of keeping everything up to speed. Everyone I know has dumped. There is no future for this coin anymore. the POS deflated the price and because you didn't keep up to date with everything its all ruined. Or maybe you are doing pump and dumps like the rest of the scam artists out there?! That wouldn't surprise me at all.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 11:50:42 AM

Personally I have lost a lot of money with NET coin and it hasn't kept up with development or even the web site. What used to be a great coin has really just failed me. Anyway I always enter these things thinking it is a gamble. I was just expecting better from Netcoin

To peel or not to peel.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 01:42:54 AM

What do NetCoin, Stakeminers and Cryptsy have in common ?

They are all fully exposed scams with connections to Leroy Fodor aka. BigJohnson cyberpinoy.

Leroy Fodor has gone Full Delusional; StakeMiners is 100% confirmed insolvent!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990219.0

CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.0

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:31:33 AM

Sorry you feel that way.  Most alts took a beating with the both swing in BTC as well as a bullish rise of the USD.  But yes, there have been some dumps of recent on NET.

It's been difficult (we know) to organize, but we're about ready to release the new website as a precursor to some updates to the coin & wallet.  The past few months of NET have been wild.  From websites going down, re-structuring of the team, new team members, new websites....all of it have provided valuable lessons which we're implementing to make NET better.

I'm hanging tight. 

Just don't let me down!!   Undecided

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
Cryptco

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

BXT BitToken - No premine - Fair launch

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 10:43:33 PM

NET Presstab.pw block explorer is DOWN /OFFLINE

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/NET/index.php
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 10:50:02 AM

Hey All,

A few more updates for you:

1) NET Block Explorer: http://explorer.netcoin.io/
- It's a "simple" explorer but we'll be building it out to be a bit more robust.

Also, in the meantime if you need a richlist: https://coinplorer.com/NET/Addresses/0/Top

2) As for the comments by Hippie Tech, Big Johnson is not Ciberpinoy (not sure where/how you arrived at that statement).

3) We're in the testing phases of the updated coin core (NET's been updated to the latest bitcoin core), and will begin to make official announcements of the updates/changes soon.

4) We're working on our new foundation website (the old netcoinfoundation.org site we lost in a server outage and the current foundation/team do not have access any longer to that domain).  We hope to be showing our projects, projects that others outside of NET are building (and that we support), and a full transparency page to show all the foundation funds and every transaction out/to projects.

5) Netcoin site:  We are finalizing the new netcoin.io site and should be launching today/tomorrow.  We have some more content to build into it, but we are going to release as it's an improvement over the existing netcoin.io page. 

Which brings up the next point...we'll have two sites, one is for NETCOIN and everything coin related (meaning, the coin, the engineers, the projects, mining, developments, FAQ's, White papers, etc).  The other is for the Netcoin Foundation, which will as mentioned above, show the finances / investments behind Netcoin, the projects being supported and/if funded by the Foundation, etc.

As said a little bit ago, we're not going anywhere, and are in the midst of a building push at the moment.  A lot of dedicated folks still behind this coin, and a lot of work still being done. 

wolverine5pl

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:20:45 PM

is it possible to get wallet for raspberry?

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:30:16 PM

I'm hanging tight. 

But you will dump when the price makes you a profit right?  That's the problem with these coins they turn into pump and dump when the devs leave

To peel or not to peel.
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 12:22:21 AM

I'm hanging tight. 

But you will dump when the price makes you a profit right?  That's the problem with these coins they turn into pump and dump when the devs leave

"these coins".....*cringe*.  Yes, there have been in the realm of crypto a LOT of pump and dump (or I'll call them coins built and pushed solely for the sake of profit, no regard to community surrounding it).  While Dev's have come and gone or gone on leave for NET, the core (and core principals) of the coin have remained...in that it's always been a coin focused on trying to build community and be a coin where those involved (be it time, money, energy, etc) are doing so because they believe in the value of the coin and the effort.  That doesn't always reflect in a "market" value (which many people gauge as a coin's worth). 

Would we all like to make some profits?  Sure, who doesn't enjoy that thrill of seeing your work result in gains.  But, that's not the driving force behind the crew & teams here.  Maybe it is for some of the folks in the community, but we're more focused on doing right and trying to build something lasting and worthwhile.  Coins focused solely on P&D don't have that long-term vision in mind...(unless they believe they can P&D for the foreseeable future?).

gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:59:46 AM

I'm hanging tight. 

"these coins".....*cringe*.  Yes, there have been in the realm of crypto a LOT of pump and dump (or I'll call them coins built and pushed solely for the sake of profit, no regard to community surrounding it).  While Dev's have come and gone or gone on leave for NET, the core (and core principals) of the coin have remained...in that it's always been a coin focused on trying to build community and be a coin where those involved (be it time, money, energy, etc) are doing so because they believe in the value of the coin and the effort.  That doesn't always reflect in a "market" value (which many people gauge as a coin's worth). 

Would we all like to make some profits?  Sure, who doesn't enjoy that thrill of seeing your work result in gains.  But, that's not the driving force behind the crew & teams here.  Maybe it is for some of the folks in the community, but we're more focused on doing right and trying to build something lasting and worthwhile.  Coins focused solely on P&D don't have that long-term vision in mind...(unless they believe they can P&D for the foreseeable future?).

Thanks for the answer Smiley I did buy a mill quite cheaply at 95 sat per coin so thats a brucy bonus.

To peel or not to peel.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:01:15 AM

Now its at 140. Oh my gaawd I love NETCOIN

To peel or not to peel.
Netcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 10:32:35 AM

Now its at 140. Oh my gaawd I love NETCOIN

PS: have you looked at the new website yet?  http://netcoin.io/

Foundation website in the works as well.

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:35:29 PM

No, Mr Gravitate, I will NOT dump when the price rises to the level where I could make a profit.

I am not a day-trader.  Neither am I an opportunist. 

I am an investor.  And I have invested in NETcoin because I believe in it.  Genuinely.

I am in for the long term.  The VERY long term.  Nothing else makes sense in the cryptosphere anyway.

@ devs:  just looked at the new website.  It is awesome.  Great work.

Keep it up!!   Grin

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: