Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 11:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289617 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 01:54:48 PM

Is the Aphrodite release coming soon?
We still have a lot to progress in our Roadmap and the marketplace is one of the main things.
The marketcap is less than $2m right now and I hope we might reach $5-10m in the near future

I think it is safe to assume that Aphrodite will be released soon. The main thing is that it is done right. Quality is more important than trying to make impatient people happy.
I don't know how long it will take to hit $5 to $10 million in market cap, but I am confident it will happen. Those who believe in this project should donate to it's success. 
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 09:54:57 PM

We still have a lot to progress in our Roadmap and the marketplace is one of the main things.
The marketcap is less than $2m right now and I hope we might reach $5-10m in the near future

I think it is safe to assume that Aphrodite will be released soon. The main thing is that it is done right. Quality is more important than trying to make impatient people happy.
I don't know how long it will take to hit $5 to $10 million in market cap, but I am confident it will happen. Those who believe in this project should donate to it's success.  

How much have you donated?  Cheesy

and just because the guy asked when will Aphrodite release, doesnt mean he is impatient as you implied.  People come here to ask questions and hopefully get answers.

So dranster the answer to your question is: we don't know for sure, but we think it is about ready for release.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:33:08 PM

and just because the guy asked when will Aphrodite release, doesnt mean he is impatient as you implied.  People come here to ask questions and hopefully get answers.

So dranster the answer to your question is: we don't know for sure, but we think it is about ready for release.

How much have I donated? Well let's just say likely more than you! My comment was more about reminding people if they really want to see projects completed, they can always chip in and help.

I did not imply that he was impatient, but it is quite obvious there are many looking for a free ride who are.

Nothing wrong with asking questions. Some can be answered, some can't be given in finite terms. That is life...

So your reply ends basically repeating what I said.  Roll Eyes

Thanks for making it clear why you are considered a troll.  Wink
Diplo

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 10:41:54 PM

and just because the guy asked when will Aphrodite release, doesnt mean he is impatient as you implied.  People come here to ask questions and hopefully get answers.

How much have I donated? Well let's just say likely more than you! My comment was more about reminding people if they really want to see projects completed, they can always chip in and help.

I did not imply that he was impatient, but it is quite obvious there are many looking for a free ride who are.

Nothing wrong with asking questions. Some can be answered, some can't be given in finite terms. That is life...

So your reply ends basically repeating what I said.  Roll Eyes

Thanks for making it clear why you are considered a troll.  Wink

Free ride? Anyone that invests in SDC isn't getting a free ride.  Investing in altcoins carries inherent risk, usually extremely high risk.  There is no such thing as a free lunch in this realm. I consider anyone who buys (invests in) SDC for long term purposes is a person who is actively supporting the project.  Their actions are directly influencing the market price of the coins, the project as a whole, and thus the monetary value for devs, etc.  It is important that people donate to support them, but it is also important that people provide support on the open market.  Smiley
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 11:49:54 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2016, 12:06:19 AM by vtr99

and just because the guy asked when will Aphrodite release, doesnt mean he is impatient as you implied.  People come here to ask questions and hopefully get answers.

Free ride? Anyone that invests in SDC isn't getting a free ride.  Investing in altcoins carries inherent risk, usually extremely high risk.  There is no such thing as a free lunch in this realm. I consider anyone who buys (invests in) SDC for long term purposes is a person who is actively supporting the project.  Their actions are directly influencing the market price of the coins, the project as a whole, and thus the monetary value for devs, etc.  It is important that people donate to support them, but it is also important that people provide support on the open market.  Smiley

I have traded stocks, bonds, mutual funds, stock options, gold, silver, and many other stores of value. I have had more free lunches in this realm than any of them, and it is my guess we are still far closer to the beginning of the crypto scene than anyone imagines. I might also mention the amounts of money generally risked in crypto are closer to penny stocks at this point. The entire market cap for all crypto currencies is dwarfed by penny stocks.

There are very few penny stocks in my opinion that offer the same possible risk to reward ratio of SDC with similar stability. With a current price of around a quarter, I would like to see a list of similar penny stocks with as much stability as SDC. The average investor isn't risking much. That can be proven here. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sdc/#!rich
If you take into account the value of all wallets, you come up with about $282 risked on average. Not exactly what I would call extremely high risk.  Roll Eyes

I would also mention that I made over 30% today on HTBX, but that was after holding a loss of 50% for many weeks.
Diplo

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 01:11:41 AM

I have traded stocks, bonds, mutual funds, stock options, gold, silver, and many other stores of value. I have had more free lunches in this realm than any of them, and it is my guess we are still far closer to the beginning of the crypto scene than anyone imagines. I might also mention the amounts of money generally risked in crypto are closer to penny stocks at this point. The entire market cap for all crypto currencies is dwarfed by penny stocks.

There are very few penny stocks in my opinion that offer the same possible risk to reward ratio of SDC with similar stability. With a current price of around a quarter, I would like to see a list of similar penny stocks with as much stability as SDC. The average investor isn't risking much. That can be proven here. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/sdc/#!rich
If you take into account the value of all wallets, you come up with about $282 risked on average. Not exactly what I would call extremely high risk.  Roll Eyes

I would also mention that I made over 30% today on HTBX, but that was after holding a loss of 50% for many weeks.

Trust me you don't have to convince me it's a good play.  I run a wealth management firm and a hedge fund, I eat sleep and breath this stuff. SDC is my favorite project i've come across; if you look at wallet #1 on that list, you'll see yours truly.  Smiley When I see an investment I believe in, I put my (and investors') money behind it. I'm very excited for where things are headed with Shadow, and i'll be involved in the community into perpetuity.

Everyone's risk tolerances are different, but to the general investing world alt coins are still seen as extremely high risk -- they're not something Edward Jones is going to put their clients in.    Wink

I agree with your assertions on penny stocks vs cryptocurrencies.  There's a reason I traded penny stocks in my dorm room years ago and haven't touched them since; cryptocurrencies on the other hand, I will play in all day. Regardless, when someone chooses to invest in a project for the long run they're risking capital and possible opportunity cost (ETH, NXT, NEM, etc, etc.), so in my mind it's certainly no free lunch.  I gladly welcome people to support Shadow in any way they can, but investing long term is not being a freeloader, in my opinion.  Smiley
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:03:49 AM

If you take into account the value of all wallets, you come up with about $282 risked on average. Not exactly what I would call extremely high risk.  Roll Eyes

Trust me you don't have to convince me it's a good play.  I run a wealth management firm and a hedge fund, I eat sleep and breath this stuff. SDC is my favorite project i've come across; if you look at wallet #1 on that list, you'll see yours truly.  Smiley When I see an investment I believe in, I put my (and investors') money behind it. I'm very excited for where things are headed with Shadow, and i'll be involved in the community into perpetuity.

Everyone's risk tolerances are different, but to the general investing world alt coins are still seen as extremely high risk -- they're not something Edward Jones is going to put their clients in.    Wink

I agree with your assertions on penny stocks vs cryptocurrencies.  There's a reason I traded penny stocks in my dorm room years ago and haven't touched them since; cryptocurrencies on the other hand, I will play in all day. Regardless, when someone chooses to invest in a project for the long run they're risking capital and possible opportunity cost (ETH, NXT, NEM, etc, etc.), so in my mind it's certainly no free lunch.  I gladly welcome people to support Shadow in any way they can, but investing long term is not being a freeloader, in my opinion.  Smiley

I've made more money in crypto currency than I ever made in stocks. I got in very early on most of them. From a technical standpoint SDC outshines them all. It is still an undiscovered gem, and has given many of us an opportunity to accumulate at bargain prices for an extended period. I also like that this is a very rare coin.
I'm still amazed that SDC is as cheap as it is. I have advised my family and friends to own some, because in my opinion a few hundred bucks isn't much of a risk. As long as Ryno loves what he is doing, I have great faith in our future.

Yeah, I remember my broker telling me gold and silver were risky back in 2004. Glad I didn't listen.  Grin

Oh, and I would never call long term investors freeloaders. In fact it is just the opposite. I just don't like to hear people complain that someone else isn't working hard enough, or won't give them a concrete deadline.

And I do understand what you're saying about the risk in crypto currency. Equally you can't make big money without extreme volatility. With Bitcoin and most of the better alt-coins that volatility has been upward for the long term.
pufuletz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 03:28:00 PM

I've made more money in crypto currency than I ever made in stocks. I got in very early on most of them. From a technical standpoint SDC outshines them all. It is still an undiscovered gem, and has given many of us an opportunity to accumulate at bargain prices for an extended period. I also like that this is a very rare coin.
I'm still amazed that SDC is as cheap as it is. I have advised my family and friends to own some, because in my opinion a few hundred bucks isn't much of a risk. As long as Ryno loves what he is doing, I have great faith in our future.

When do you expect the market to start treating it that way? right now, it looks awfully dead.
Diplo

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 04:11:38 PM

When do you expect the market to start treating it that way? right now, it looks awfully dead.

I say starting with the next update in the coming weeks people will see this is one of the more legitimate projects out there.  The dev team has been devoted to it for over 2 years now, which is a claim to fame in this industry, and will continue to be into perpetuity -- along with new devs that come and pick up the ropes as well.

I've been following this project for over a year now and can already begin to see the momentum picking up with it.  The upcoming plans and roadmap for the next few months are impressive to say the least.  I'm invested in over 10 other projects that i've poured countless hours and bitcoin into researching and following and this one I believe is among the top 2, easily, as far as potential and future expected growth.  This is what I do for a living, finding high potential projects and assets to invest in, so i'm not just blowing smoke.  Smiley
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:44:16 PM

This is not a day trading project. The coin is intended for a future where SDC is the standard for confidential transactions, with a market built into the wallet which uses only SDC and allows users to bypass standalone dark markets, which have put a few people in prison.

I assume the devs have as much holdings as anyone and want as much as anyone to realize that future. I'll ride with them, in the back seat, and we get there when we get there.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
jupiter00000

Activity: 111

http://jupitertheproducer.bandcamp.com

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 07:17:22 PM

I really like where this conversation is going. I also have followed SDC from near inception. I've always thought the idea and style were amazing. Plus new features like Aphrodite are going to have a massive impact because people are sick of centralized message boards and ultra insecure slack.

Twitter: @Jupiter00000
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:20:23 PM

edu-online: Anyone ever realize that Aphrodite will already bring exactly what people have been waiting for? A secure and easy to use platform to transact and communicate anonymously. The MP will finish things but Aphrodite alone is more then enough to run a business without any outside interference. It's all about being able to communicate and transact. Having a trustless and anon MP is nice, but if you communicate trough whatsapp or slack its worthless. That is why sdc devs have chosen to finish and implement a secure and easy to use chat system first, together with ShadowSend, it will be a finished product. Even without the marketplace. Food for thought...

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
wwonka36

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:00:28 PM

I think that when the new GUI is released, the PR team should really get the message out about the shadow chat option. It's really awesome as a standalone but coupled with the eventual marketplace, it's nice to have truly anonymous transactions with truly anonymous communications. One of the more popular anonymous crypto currencies devs even proposed a merger with Shadowcash because of the innovation and talent. Google it. In my opinion, Shadowcash devs are very meticulous about giving people all their desires and tools in one neat package. It's going to be the Swiss Army knife of crypto. Ive been part of the sdc community for a year now and nothing happens fast enough for me. Then I went to the Shadowcash website and looked at the body of work that has been accomplished in 2 years. Including fixing a devastating de-anonymizing bug and a bug bounty was paid to the finder, and rightly so. The devs are passionate, talented and know this long process is necessary and worth it. I hardly ever get on here as my stats might show, but it's hard for me to believe that people aren't seeing the future potential here. It's like I have insider trade information but I'm really just looking at the sneak peeks, reading the blogs and talking to the sdc community.

W
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:34:35 AM

The communication through the wallet is very important. I consider one of the biggest flaws of Bitcoin to be the inability to communicate with your trading partner or attach information to a transaction. It makes retail use cumbersome.

Of course we are going to have to wait to see Aphrodite to determine what it can actually do, and then there is the process of testing it in the real world, lots of independent observers who can see how powerful the anonymity really is, just like what we went through with the coin itself. But if the API is there, I foresee a lot of people writing their own applications to do their own thing with it.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:15:02 PM

code: One of the major advantages is our API, it's a very powerful way conmect custom software to our marketplace, creating a way to easily automate digital content delivery, helpdesks and even secure IoT devices.

██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Scofield

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:30:42 PM

So quiet in here....

Where are you, Aphrodite?  Undecided
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 03:36:44 AM

So quiet in here....

Where are you, Aphrodite?  Undecided

Still here, just had a lot going on. Patiently waiting for the big event.  Grin
pufuletz

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 08:03:40 PM

<crickets>
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:29:06 AM

vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:04:10 PM

I'm sure he won't until it is as good as he can make it. I would expect nothing less.

Great time to buy up more SDC...
Pages: « 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: