Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:26:48 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 06:24:44 PM by pookielax31

Breaking some mental barriers for traders, we just surpassed XCs price  Roll Eyes This is the tipping point before we see some serious action

fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:44:39 PM

Some things can be explained better with a picture.

Very nice i love it!

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
robinson5

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 12:38:51 AM

Could someone explain to me everything that's going on with sdc and trolling claims from xc, stealthcoin, and blocknet?

I read something that sdc devs released a statement not endorsing the trolling and asking people to stop but could someone provide any more info/specifics?  Thanks

And does anyone have comments on this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818939.msg9644909#msg9644909
mmbai83

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:16:38 AM

Could someone explain to me everything that's going on with sdc and trolling claims from xc, stealthcoin, and blocknet?

I read something that sdc devs released a statement not endorsing the trolling and asking people to stop but could someone provide any more info/specifics?  Thanks

And does anyone have comments on this? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818939.msg9644909#msg9644909
I really don't care about the trolls or the link you put up here... I am with SDC to the end even if it means I will get stuck with the bag if it fails which am doubtful it will  Wink
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 01:32:48 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 02:16:57 AM by LongAndShort

If you cant work it out yourself you don't belong here. Anyone with half a brain can tell those kids are the trolls and they don't really know what the are talking about.

Long story short though, i went to the xst thread awhile back and asked them to put the razorcoin copyright back on their tor code (they removed it and put their own). I also used that to frame dev incompetency. I proved their proposed chandran signatures was a sham. I proved they put it up as a speculative asset even though it was not even researched properly, let alone being able to be achieved by this month=vaporware. I backed it up with comments from respected, expert bitcoin devs who read the brief hondo made and said the same things as i had  they were just not as polite.

I was met with a ton of abuse from the person you just linked emilioman and many more. The people that had no clue what i was talking about with regards to the tech. They called the bitcoin devs idiots and much more. So i stayed until someone would talk to me reasonably and show some maturity.. No one did for days and by then they had created mayhem on their thread thus resulting in their thread being locked and their market plummeting 90% and still it has not recovered.

To put it lightly they are a bit pissed at me, but serves them right, their community is toxic and they cannot handle technical scrutiny at the academic level. They mostly all have simple minds so their way of getting at me, i guess was to attack the Shadow community as a whole. xc, blocknet have done the same thing based on the rumors the creeps at xst made like the thread you just linked to.

But as i said if you cant work out they are a pack of muppets then you really don't belong here. Because in that case i would encourage you to be extremely careful what you chose to support. You can ask but i'm sure you only have to look at the people saying that crap to see your answer! Personally we don't have time for rubbish like that to continue in this industry. However good the exposure they have created for Shadow is, they are doing more damage to the whole industry. Real money is watching and they are not impressed at all with the way these kids are handling themselves.
They do not instill confidence on any level.

emilioman and some of them are quoting directly from their snapchat logs where the incompetent devs that work on xst reside. They remain there spewing technical jargon to their supporters who really don't have a clue what they are saying. The devs and comunity members there are imbeciles to think someone from the greater crypto community wouldn't come along and expose them and so was dan metcalf!

Comunities need to stop pressuring devs to put up roadmaps for speculation and then cry at them and use it against them when they overshoot cutting edge deadlines. They need to pressure devs to do the opposite and stop putting up speculative assets for traders! Communities need to stop putting their money into premined projects, they need to do more research and actually support the projects they like instead of leeching from them. Waiting for a rise in price without even helping build a solid foundation. Communities will become far richer in doing so. Most people just cant see tomorrow let alone a week, month or a year later.

Shadow is not run by whales who want to dump all over everyone, in fact, its quite the opposite. Its run by people who are not making questionable decisions based on keeping an extremely over inflated market cap propped up. Unlike xst and many other projects where people with half a brain there Know full well they don't and wont ever have the tech to justify it. Shadow does not have a toxic community. In fact quite the oposite, some of its community members are out there fighting for a more pure alt coin environment. Keeping devs honest, without the balance we just get a really bottom heavy industry like it is now. Its full off drama filled imbeciles to be frank. Thats my view on it all.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:16:21 AM

HTML5 wallet issue report: Transactions tab does not show any SDC received in wallet during wallet session. Only when restarting the wallet will these deposits show. The more I use the wallet, the more issues I find tbh, in terms of functionality and in terms of interface. It looks nice and sexy but it still needs work. I don't like unfinished work, it makes my feet tingly. I'm assuming this is still a work in progress.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:20:54 AM

HTML5 wallet issue report: Transactions tab does not show any SDC received in wallet during wallet session. Only when restarting the wallet will these deposits show. The more I use the wallet, the more issues I find tbh, in terms of functionality and in terms of interface. It looks nice and sexy but it still needs work. I don't like unfinished work, it makes my feet tingly. I'm assuming this is still a work in progress.

I'd just like to see it available on Linux. (haven't been able to use it yet)
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:27:46 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 02:38:19 AM by LongAndShort

HTML5 wallet issue report: Transactions tab does not show any SDC received in wallet during wallet session. Only when restarting the wallet will these deposits show. The more I use the wallet, the more issues I find tbh, in terms of functionality and in terms of interface. It looks nice but it still needs work. I'm assuming this is a work in progress.

There is an irc channel dedicated to testing and bug reporting. There is a link in that channel showing you to a google doc you can post your bugs if no one else has.
Being the first time ever, that there is most of this tech, within this type of application. You can expect many bugs. The bugs found are fixed and ready for the next round of updates to the wallets.
There is not a tech company or product in the world that is bug free. In fact every application, website and company has a contact us, a support channel, or a service depot for this very reason. They listen to the feedback because its valuable.
Ours is shadowtalk.org and #shadowtest IRC.

I don't mean to come across like i'm having a dig at you but i can see your expectations are unrealistic and you are isolating this project as though its the only one on the planet that has to be completely bug free.
Yes its a WIP and yes it will be that way until Shadow is ready to go to mainstream. Currently Shadow is not even out of the gate yet, hesne everyone telling you its a opportunity for profit in its markets ect ect Smiley

All of that aside i'm using windows 8.1 wallet and i don't have that issue at all. I cannot re-create it either and i've tried.
If you care go to the link in my sig for irc and change the #shadowcash to #shadowtest ( i think thats the channel)I encourage you to find the doc and see if anyone else has the same issue as you on the same os.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:32:27 AM

I will create a Word document with a review/report of all the issues I'm experiencing. I'll post the document on the ShadowTalk forum. Most issues are minor, but should also be trivial to fix. I like it when the small details are done right. Ideally, the dev team would have an Agile issue tracking tool (Trello/Asana/JIRA Agile) in which the community can create tickets of issues. Then the dev team can prioritize/organize them as they wish. It would also provide maximum development transparency for the community.

Side note, it would be nice if we had the option to use the standard wallet seen in Bitcoin until the HTML5 wallet is free of issues. It may be more ugly, but it is robust.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:36:15 AM

I will create a Word document with a review/report of all the issues I'm experiencing. I'll post the document on the ShadowTalk forum. Most issues are minor, but should also be trivial to fix. I like it when the small details are done right.

Yeah, same, the devs are really focused on making this idiot proof in the long run too. Its been a busy, busy startup and we'll see them come back through all the code soon, rounding all the edges some more.
I don't have any issues with my wallets. Or the html5 interface. Mention agile again and ill have to whack you!
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:45:14 AM

If you cant work it out yourself you don't belong here. Anyone with half a brain can tell those kids are the trolls and they don't really know what the are talking about.

Long story short though, i went to the xst thread awhile back and asked them to put the razorcoin copyright back on their tor code (they removed it and put their own). I also used that to frame dev incompetency. I proved their proposed chandran signatures was a sham. I proved they put it up as a speculative asset even though it was not even researched properly, let alone being able to be achieved by this month=vaporware. I backed it up with comments from respected, expert bitcoin devs who read the brief hondo made and said the same things as i had  they were just not as polite.

I was met with a ton of abuse from the person you just linked emilioman and many more. The people that had no clue what i was talking about with regards to the tech. They called the bitcoin devs idiots and much more. So i stayed until someone would talk to me reasonably and show some maturity.. No one did for days and by then they had created mayhem on their thread thus resulting in their thread being locked and their market plummeting 90% and still it has not recovered.

To put it lightly they are a bit pissed at me, but serves them right, their community is toxic and they cannot handle technical scrutiny at the academic level. They mostly all have simple minds so their way of getting at me, i guess was to attack the Shadow community as a whole. xc, blocknet have done the same thing based on the rumors the creeps at xst made like the thread you just linked to.

But as i said if you cant work out they are a pack of muppets then you really don't belong here. Because in that case i would encourage you to be extremely careful what you chose to support. You can ask but i'm sure you only have to look at the people saying that crap to see your answer! Personally we don't have time for rubbish like that to continue in this industry. However good the exposure they have created for Shadow is, they are doing more damage to the whole industry. Real money is watching and they are not impressed at all with the way these kids are handling themselves.
They do not instill confidence on any level.

emilioman and some of them are quoting directly from their snapchat logs where the incompetent devs that work on xst reside. They remain there spewing technical jargon to their supporters who really don't have a clue what they are saying. The devs and comunity members there are imbeciles to think someone from the greater crypto community wouldn't come along and expose them and so was dan metcalf!

Comunities need to stop pressuring devs to put up roadmaps for speculation and then cry at them and use it against them when they overshoot cutting edge deadlines. They need to pressure devs to do the opposite and stop putting up speculative assets for traders! Communities need to stop putting their money into premined projects, they need to do more research and actually support the projects they like instead of leeching from them. Waiting for a rise in price without even helping build a solid foundation. Communities will become far richer in doing so. Most people just cant see tomorrow let alone a week, month or a year later.

Shadow is not run by whales who want to dump all over everyone, in fact, its quite the opposite. Its run by people who are not making questionable decisions based on keeping an extremely over inflated market cap propped up. Unlike xst and many other projects where people with half a brain there Know full well they don't and wont ever have the tech to justify it. Shadow does not have a toxic community. In fact quite the oposite, some of its community members are out there fighting for a more pure alt coin environment. Keeping devs honest, without the balance we just get a really bottom heavy industry like it is now. Its full off drama filled imbeciles to be frank. Thats my view on it all.

LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:50:31 AM

^                      ^            ^   And as if right on cue, a classic case and point. Thankyou.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:58:46 AM

^I am an SDC investor, and I do respect the developer. I look forward to seeing the whitepaper and hearing some expert analysis on the tech.

To Robinson5, do your own research, all the answers you seek are buried in page after page of Troll posts.
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:07:53 AM

^I am an SDC investor, and I do respect the developer. I look forward to seeing the whitepaper and hearing some expert analysis on the tech.

To Robinson5, do your own research, all the answers you seek are buried in page after page of Troll posts.

For the betterment of the SDC Community and the coin it would be best for one or a few
with the most knowledge and available facts to put together a post explaining
how things went down and what SDC is all about.

I just had someone PM me they decided to diversify so SDC just lost a really good friend, well half way anyway.
BUT how many others will leave and not buy as much etc that you will Never Hear About?

Just my 2-cents...

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:12:45 AM

Yes, a lot of empty words on these pages.

Sell a lousy comic book on Ebay and offer to accept SDC, and you've done more to promote the coin than >90% of message board posters.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:14:55 AM

The HTML5 wallet requires a couple of extra packages: libqt5webkit5-dev and qt5-default. It's working fine for me in Ubuntu 14.04 with those installed.

Should've really put that in the OP, will get it added tomorrow.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:16:20 AM

The HTML5 wallet requires a couple of extra packages: libqt5webkit5-dev and qt5-default. It's working fine for me in Ubuntu 14.04 with those installed.

Should've really put that in the OP, will get it added tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc

LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:32:57 AM

For the betterment of the SDC Community and the coin it would be best for one or a few

I just had someone PM me they decided to diversify so SDC just lost a really good friend, well half way anyway.
BUT how many others will leave and not buy as much etc that you will Never Hear About?

Just my 2-cents...

*whispers in your ear* No one that matters really gives a fk but day/short traders!

If someone doesn't invest because of some clowns that are clearly not capable of making their beds let alone deducing the real reasons things happen in the world. then good riddance Smiley I know its a given fact, there is no such thing as bad publicity. If they don't stay the first time , the seed is planted and they will notice it in the future; if its a good company, product or project. Nothing is a waste, i challenge you to see that if people leave its their loss not Shadows. You just cant argue with good tech that has a demand on it. Be careful you don't sacrifice freedom for convenience.

Just be careful though that you don't become this, hop a lot trader, looking for a quick buck to move on, but before doing so you justify any kind of angle if it will increase and shorten the time to profit, by picking at ones community, and their devs decisions by creating false doubt or uncertainty. Be careful you don't sacrifice freedom for convenience... The motives are actually clearer then most think.

Shadows not in the market for your money just yet. When it is, people wont really care whatever the fk some clowns from premined, shitcoin communities has to say. I've seen it many times over in my life. You would see every one of them right here, right where the action is. Like flies to a light as they say!
MikeMike
Legendary

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:42:06 AM

Just my 2-cents...

*whispers in your ear* No one that matters really gives a fk but day/short traders!

If someone doesn't invest because of some clowns that are clearly not capable of making their beds let alone deducing the real reasons things happen in the world. then good riddance Smiley I know its a given fact, there is no such thing as bad publicity. If they don't stay the first time , the seed is planted and they will notice it in the future; if its a good company, product or project. Nothing is a waste, i challenge you to see that if people leave its their loss not Shadows. You just cant argue with good tech that has a demand on it. Be careful you don't sacrifice freedom for convenience.

Just be careful though that you don't become this, hop a lot trader, looking for a quick buck to move on, but before doing so you justify any kind of angle if it will increase and shorten the time to profit, by picking at ones community, and their devs decisions by creating false doubt or uncertainty. Be careful you don't sacrifice freedom for convenience... The motives are actually clearer then most think.

Shadows not in the market for your money just yet. When it is, people wont really care whatever the fk some clowns from premined, shitcoin communities has to say. I've seen it many times over in my life. You would see every one of them right here, right where the action is. Like flies to a light as they say!

You won't find those tactics in me.
I'm straight up.

People decide where they want to spend their efforts.

UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:43:34 AM

Just my 2-cents...

Just about every coin community has people that troll it for whatever reason - and similarly has people in it that troll other communities.  It's sad, but it is what it is.  Everyone thinks they are in the right and it is pointless to discuss.  It *certainly* doesn't need to be recapped in the title page of the announcement to satisfy people's desire for drama.

SDC is about the tech.  That tech is pretty well summarized in the announcement, with people answering questions in great detail in just the last 5 pages of this thread along with many detailed posts over at http://shadowtalk.org/

Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: