Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:41:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:15:44 PM

With the small number of coins available and potential for trillions in market cap due to its technical advantages, I wouldn't want to sell a SDC for less than several BTC.

On the other hand, distribution is going to have to be much better for it to ever realize that potential. Somebody is going to have to bite the bullet. That leads to some interesting economic questions- let's say you hold all or nearly all of a coin- it's worthless if you are the only one using it, and worthless to you if you don't own any, so how would you distribute it to maximize your own wealth?

I don't know that this has ever been addressed.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:56:48 PM

With the small number of coins available and potential for trillions in market cap due to its technical advantages, I wouldn't want to sell a SDC for less than several BTC.

On the other hand, distribution is going to have to be much better for it to ever realize that potential. Somebody is going to have to bite the bullet. That leads to some interesting economic questions- let's say you hold all or nearly all of a coin- it's worthless if you are the only one using it, and worthless to you if you don't own any, so how would you distribute it to maximize your own wealth?

That is an interesting question and dilemma. Because one of the easiest ways to make a coin go up is to have alot of th currency. That's one reason why not market cap is so high. I think like 7 people got the entire  ipo of nxt when it launched. There is an article on it somewhere that breaks it down.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:06:35 AM

That is an interesting question and dilemma. Because one of the easiest ways to make a coin go up is to have alot of th currency. That's one reason why not market cap is so high. I think like 7 people got the entire  ipo of nxt when it launched. There is an article on it somewhere that breaks it down.

Yes thats actually an excellent question but i do not think Shadow is at this stage of problematics yet. The price is far too cheap and the number of coins distributed is vast enough for a good equilibrium.

Although I do agree with your points, I think due to the lack of trust in the Altcoin Industry the volume has a big effect on the distribution of this coin.

Therefore someone with 30 btc of Shadow can manipulate the market right now. With 6,448,445 at 7c right now, were looking at roughly $451,391 dollars. So for someone with 30 btc = $10,000 to manipulate the market... even at 100btc which he only seen this kind of volume 3 times on bittrex seems like the ones holding the majority of the coins are actually bitting the bullet by not manipulating the market as they wish.

If the underdogs can distribute the coins to maximize their earnings and double up on forced corrections, its because they are buying from weak hands and not from those who actually own the majority of the coins.

But what does this actually tell us? I think its the lack of volume and trust people have in the altcoin industry. Thus Shadow will change this I'm sure of it and with more volume and rise in price we will see a real distribution.

Speculating at this point is rather inaccurate nor predictable. What is predictable is the technology ShadowCoin brings to the table.

Will its technology enhance the growth of our investment because we have strong hands holding majority of the coin?

Or will the strong hands have to invest even more so that weak hands don't ruin the growth of this technology?

We will have to find out.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:17:01 AM

I agree on both points. Massive upside, but lack of even distribution could be an Achilles heel. Granted, this project has had no publicity, has flown under the radar while out preforming other dev teams & could have had many of it's most avid supporters gobbling up coins at nearly an identical price for months. This could be cause of the lopsidedness of address holdings. There is nothing wrong with showing support for a project you believe in. This coin also hasn't had a big pump & dump in the early days of coming on an exchange as most other coins have.

Hard to say.

Some data on distribution is recorded here:
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/270/rich-list-11-21-2014
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/288/rich-list-12-04-2014
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:18:31 AM

One way the big holders could do it is to pay people in SDC to write services for the coin. Sort of like a bounty, but he gets the product of the work done, not the devs.

Example: "Write me an online poker app that takes SDC. I'll pay you 50,000 SDC." Now he's 1) distributed the coin, 2) has a site he can run to make profit, and 3) has created another use for the coin that will increase the demand for it, and thus the price.

I don't have enough SDC to do things like this, just an idea.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:20:30 AM

One way the big holders could do it is to pay people in SDC to write services for the coin. Sort of like a bounty, but he gets the product of the work done, not the devs.

Example: "Write me an online poker app that takes SDC. I'll pay you 50,000 SDC." Now he's 1) distributed the coin, 2) has a site he can run to make profit, and 3) has created another use for the coin that will increase the demand for it, and thus the price.

Good, logical suggestion
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:24:38 AM

Yes thats actually an excellent question but i do not think Shadow is at this stage of problematics yet. The price is far too cheap and the number of coins distributed is vast enough for a good equilibrium.

Although I do agree with your points, I think due to the lack of trust in the Altcoin Industry the volume has a big effect on the distribution of this coin.

Therefore someone with 30 btc of Shadow can manipulate the market right now. With 6,448,445 at 7c right now, were looking at roughly $451,391 dollars. So for someone with 30 btc = $10,000 to manipulate the market... even at 100btc which he only seen this kind of volume 3 times on bittrex seems like the ones holding the majority of the coins are actually bitting the bullet by not manipulating the market as they wish.

If the underdogs can distribute the coins to maximize their earnings and double up on forced corrections, its because they are buying from weak hands and not from those who actually own the majority of the coins.

But what does this actually tell us? I think its the lack of volume and trust people have in the altcoin industry. Thus Shadow will change this I'm sure of it and with more volume and rise in price we will see a real distribution.

Speculating at this point is rather inaccurate nor predictable. What is predictable is the technology ShadowCoin brings to the table.

Will its technology enhance the growth of our investment because we have strong hands holding majority of the coin?

Or will the strong hands have to invest even more so that weak hands don't ruin the growth of this technology?

We will have to find out.

Well said.
The main thing imo is that we seem to have rather a bit of potential here. So patience 'may' pay off quite nicely. I hope I can actually spend my SDC in the wild one day rather than just flipping to btc. With an android wallet and hopefully bulletproof anon this may well be the cash of choice one day. I intentionally use 'cash' as I believe tptb will push all to a cashless society sooner or later meaning a digital store of value with anonymity for transactions plus intgrated secure communications will be worth more than Huh You tell me....

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
merkalor

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:30:51 AM

Lol 400$ you guys are crazy
Even Drk is only 2,3$ if SDC can do the same that would be great

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
00Smurf

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:33:53 AM

Now this idea has much potential. Hrmm, would be a good way to stimulate third party development and attract more attention and talent.

I also like that I am seeing much more discussion and decent topics then hype posts and troll posts.
Automatic Monkey

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:40:09 AM

Well said.
The main thing imo is that we seem to have rather a bit of potential here. So patience 'may' pay off quite nicely. I hope I can actually spend my SDC in the wild one day rather than just flipping to btc. With an android wallet and hopefully bulletproof anon this may well be the cash of choice one day. I intentionally use 'cash' as I believe tptb will push all to a cashless society sooner or later meaning a digital store of value with anonymity for transactions plus intgrated secure communications will be worth more than Huh You tell me....

Sure. It really is Bitcoin 2.0, or maybe 3.0. Why would anyone prefer to use a coin with slow transactions, a cumbersome blockchain, none of the communications features, and very questionable security after the next halving.

The next BTC halving is really when altcoins are going to be the big players. BTC diff went down this week, has that ever happened before? At 12.5 BTC per block a LOT of miners are going to get shaken off, all the 45 nm equipment for sure and we don't know what the politics in China is going to do to those large farms, or force them to do. It could get ugly for BTC, and having an advanced, full-featured PoS coin that's already being used for some business may be what people turn to.

drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:20:11 PM

I dare you to sell at 185

Grin

this coin deserves better shelter!
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:56:45 PM

Grin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/quotes

Flick: Are you kidding? Stick my tongue to that stupid pole? That's dumb!
Schwartz: That's 'cause you know it'll stick!
Flick: You're full of it!
Schwartz: Oh yeah?
Flick: Yeah!
Schwartz: Well I double-DOG-dare ya!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.
Schwartz: I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

https://twitter.com/streamuse1/status/540897246460792832

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 05:56:06 PM

Grin

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/quotes

Flick: Are you kidding? Stick my tongue to that stupid pole? That's dumb!
Schwartz: That's 'cause you know it'll stick!
Flick: You're full of it!
Schwartz: Oh yeah?
Flick: Yeah!
Schwartz: Well I double-DOG-dare ya!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.
Schwartz: I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!
Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

https://twitter.com/streamuse1/status/540897246460792832

Ha, I remember that film when I was a child, thanks for the memory Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:12:23 PM

Rynomster is the leader of "Proof of Honor" nomination

vote on coinssource:

http://www.coinssource.com/vote/

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:44:19 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 06:58:02 PM by Longenecker

vote on coinssource:

+1, but how come he is not showing up in the pie-chart?

edit* looks like the pie-chart is not up-to-date.
00Smurf

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:44:16 PM

vote on coinssource:

Very nice, it just goes to show that good honest hard work is rewarded.
child_harold

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:05:15 PM

Grin

Like shelter in these hands?

Nice. This guy can sit on the bench just in case… KHAAAAN!

skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 02:08:55 PM

it is obvious that only having good tech like sdc is not enough for altcoin market

you should have good tech and also some strong groups who can increase the price and the volume of the coin and make other people know about the coin, attract attention and make the distribution

i am not talking about pump and dump groups, i am talking about groups who did great job at drk

child_harold

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 03:22:26 PM

it is obvious that only having good tech like sdc is not enough for altcoin market

you should have good tech and also some strong groups who can increase the price and the volume of the coin and make other people know about the coin, attract attention and make the distribution

i am not talking about pump and dump groups, i am talking about groups who did great job at drk

skip60

I thought you'd left.

You dumped.
And now ur back?

Out of respect for the members of this community I wont say what I wanna how I feel about you personally. It would be undignified.

What is obvious is that you are not sound.

p.s. why not change ur sig if u dont believe in Shadow?

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 05:19:01 PM

It looks like none of you are getting what Skip is saying. Some of you guys only "some" are acting like you are brain dead.
No coin can exist without being massively traded and fairly distributed.
All I'm hearing here is bag holding talk. Some of you mined the shit out of this coin and never spent 1 btc to buy it, yet you act like the big supporters. Such as LongandShort. He mined the shit out of it and he and others wait for the "technology" to surface and get rich.
Forget about it! If the coin is not moving being traded by thousands nobody is going to pay many dollars for it, despite its top technology.
If you ask me, bitcoin has shit technology, is the people behind it that makes it thrive.
So it is with doge coin and a lot of other shitcoins. The community behind it and the trading of the coin matters most not the dumb holders.
And I keep hearing here and on other threads the same BS, like "the devs don't owe us nothing."
Really?
Then why they advertised the coin on BTK in the beginning and expect people to mine it and buy it ?
Because they are nothing without the traders and the coin dies out. And how you keep the traders happy ?
By giving them some incentive, at list some news and promises time to time.
All of you the bag holders should shut up and start trading instead of waiting for the price to go up and chase away with your toxic talk the small traders.
I'm trading the shit out of this coin and others on daily basis, and this coin exists because of me and people like Skip that uses btc to buy and sell.
To whom are you the bagholders planning to sell this coin and get rich Huh
We really don't give a shit about miners, and all there is on this thread is miners, few dumb traders and bagholders talk.

No, kid, what we are saying is you and skip sound like impatient little children. You are trying to tell us something, most of us have actually been apart of 100s to thousands of times in our lives! Real business development.
You are just some retard, jumping on the coattails of skip, to attack me and Shadow to get at me...once again!.

I mean, you support stealthcoin, that has a premine and is claiming it can produce complex cryptography i,e StealthSend. When it does not even have a cryptographer! No one on the stealthcoin team is capable of achieving it by, even mid next year! It has sms relay which is something you have been able to do with bitcoin for some time now + send via email. You twitts are just to stupid to notice! It has Shadows unique stealth address implementation and a bunch if toxic fools pretending to be adults! That is it. 2 features, one of which is Shadows!

Yet you come here clearly trying to make a comparison. You are a twit, you are well out of your league. You, your favored coin and its community have used up every card they had. You, skip and others need to just kick back and watch how its done properly. This year has been far to fast for a lot of these projects. Shadow is on the back end of quite a few of the last, great big hypes and missed it all because it stayed modest and quiet. All of the rest of the projects have used most of their cards. Dark just happened to manage to setup some nice infrastructure in that time. Before a whole wave of scams ico, ipo, bullshit illegal rubish came and used up the remaining bitcoin left over from quite an inflated bubble that alt coins had this entire year!. Skip may have valid points. But they are not relevant right now and not in this phase of development! That is why you get an onslaught from people who at least half a clue. Because its not what you or skip are saying. Its actually in the way and the times you say it that show your true colors.. always. Most of us here have and are supporting this project. by making services and paying the devs!.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: