Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:23:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:14:31 PM

Just remember that Evan for DRK coin wanted this tech, so what does that tell you?

People are selling to grab some cheaper sdcs before the last block.

Hold strong

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BaxterJames

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:17:21 PM

So when are we expected to hit block 257,000?

Rough estimate would be the upcoming Sunday/Monday.

Cool, thank you
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:17:51 PM

I remember you being a DRK holder back in the day so perhaps this question is relevant to you....

What happens if not everyone updates to the new SDC client before block 257,000?

I remember when DRK had big problems (forks, etc) when people did not upgrade as requested. I know this is a different situation (PoS vs PoW and no masternode payment issues etc) but I am still curious on how the SDC network will be impacted if not everyone updates in time.

I assume at least a few people will not either because of laziness, or not being online to see the update this week.

What is the worst that could happen if people to not update on time?

btw I am pleased with the code I see in GutHub. Going open source sooner rather than later for most of the newest update was the right decision. Thanks dev team!
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:22:49 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 12:45:48 AM by Propulsion

I remember you being a DRK holder back in the day so perhaps this question is relevant to you....

What happens if not everyone updates to the new SDC client before block 257,000?

I remember when DRK had big problems (forks, etc) when people did not upgrade as requested. I know this is a different situation (PoS vs PoW and no masternode payment issues etc) but I am still curious on how the SDC network will be impacted if not everyone updates in time.

I assume at least a few people will not either because of laziness, or not being online to see the update this week.

What is the worst that could happen if people to not update on time?

btw I am pleased with the code I see in GutHub. Going open source sooner rather than later for most of the newest update was the right decision. Thanks dev team!

Good question. Has there been a software update? Because doing git pull in the master branch only updates some tags.

Update

Cloning from the master branch compiles the old version.

Switching branches to 'anon' and then compiling returns the latest version.
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:33:06 AM

Latest buzz from twitter:

https://twitter.com/mason_capital/status/545384167325044737

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:43:40 AM

hi guys, when upgrading wallet, do i need to saving dat file from old wallet then pasting it into new one, or will new one just overwrite old one?
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:23:27 AM

hi guys, when upgrading wallet, do i need to saving dat file from old wallet then pasting it into new one, or will new one just overwrite old one?
I just downloaded new wallet and it all rolled over should not be a problem just wait until its fully synced and if your coins are not there after that then do what you mentioned before. you should always save your wallet DAT anyways put it on a few usb's and stash them different places one at your parents one at your grandparents etc no excuses if you loose it that way.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:02:05 AM

If you haven't seen it yet, yesterday we opened a SDC Exchange at Excoin:
https://exco.in/exchange/BTC/SDC
We should transfer to EXCOIN deal, Bittrex is a bad choice.
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:30:48 AM

Who owns exco.in?  I think I read somewhere its owned by bc foundation or something.
LucyLovesCrypto

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:22:15 AM

Any comment on the fluffyponyza SDC code review (XMR Core Team) on Reddit?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/2pfmds/shadowcash_ring_signature_whitepaper_released_any/

"There's little substance in the code, the verifyRingSignature() method is trivially simple and isn't called anywhere else in that commit. Their proposed function, generateRingSignature(), doesn't exist and thus it's impossible to determine whether they've actually done anything of substance. The whitepaper is purposely vague in many of the important parts, and a review in conjunction with code is impossible, so we have to take it on the face of it...which is that NIZK + ring signatures + security + low space utilisation = impossible right now."

"That's the commit I'm referring to - it does some trivial ring signature verification and creates key images, but it doesn't actually use them in transaction, nor does the code exist to create a ring signature."

For the record I support both SDC and XMR. It would be great if SDC dev team could respond on the Reddit thread. Thanks!
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 10:34:56 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/2pfmds/shadowcash_ring_signature_whitepaper_released_any/

"There's little substance in the code, the verifyRingSignature() method is trivially simple and isn't called anywhere else in that commit. Their proposed function, generateRingSignature(), doesn't exist and thus it's impossible to determine whether they've actually done anything of substance. The whitepaper is purposely vague in many of the important parts, and a review in conjunction with code is impossible, so we have to take it on the face of it...which is that NIZK + ring signatures + security + low space utilisation = impossible right now."

"That's the commit I'm referring to - it does some trivial ring signature verification and creates key images, but it doesn't actually use them in transaction, nor does the code exist to create a ring signature."

For the record I support both SDC and XMR. It would be great if SDC dev team could respond on the Reddit thread. Thanks!

His first comments have no substance, he said that without having checked https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin/commit/317b9b1f5121ecde162fd8d37fbd587182c45fef?diff=unified

The only interesting comment is this one :

There's no NIZK stuff in there, at least not anything beyond what Monero's keyimages use (which is a very simple ZKP). I'm unfortunately failing to see what they've done beyond what is already in the CryptoNote whitepaper and implemented in Monero.

Even if what he says was true (nothing unique compared to CryptoNote), it would not be fair, because i don't remember any CryptoNote implementation on Bitcoin base  Tongue

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Razkin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:55:08 AM

Who owns exco.in?  I think I read somewhere its owned by bc foundation or something.

Exco.in is not owned by the BC foundation, but from an independent development team that is BC centered.
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:09:47 AM

Exco.in is not owned by the BC foundation, but from an independent development team that is BC centered.

An independent dev team that is BC centered...  ok glad you cleared that up. 
sdcoin (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Leave nothing but a shadow.

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 11:28:05 AM

An independent dev team that is BC centered...  ok glad you cleared that up. 

They are: https://blackwavelabs.com/
LucyLovesCrypto

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:25:45 PM

His first comments have no substance, he said that without having checked https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin/commit/317b9b1f5121ecde162fd8d37fbd587182c45fef?diff=unified

There's no NIZK stuff in there, at least not anything beyond what Monero's keyimages use (which is a very simple ZKP). I'm unfortunately failing to see what they've done beyond what is already in the CryptoNote whitepaper and implemented in Monero.

Even if what he says was true (nothing unique compared to CryptoNote), it would not be fair, because i don't remember any CryptoNote implementation on Bitcoin base  Tongue

Great point ffmad! nobody else has used elements of ring signatures on bitcoin based coins.

He seems to be willing to debate exactly how much ring sig tech is used, but wont debate you on your point that it is the 1st in crypto for this codebase
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:41:30 PM

Besides....we only have three days and a half (about 5,000 blocks) to find out if these implementations work. I'm sure months of work would finally pay off. Or all a hoax.

We have a deadline for the truth. But I often wonder why so much fud is spread whenever something possibly monumental is about to happen. The order books had large sell walls. It could have dumped, but it didn't. It must be a scare wall.

zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:52:18 PM

Besides....we only have three days and a half (about 5,000 blocks) to find out if these implementations work. I'm sure months of work would finally pay off. Or all a hoax.

We have a deadline for the truth. But I often wonder why so much fud is spread whenever something possibly monumental is about to happen. The order books had large sell walls. It could have dumped, but it didn't. It must be a scare wall.
There are so important? Let's wait what will happen next.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:03:52 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 01:15:26 PM by ffmad

Even if what he says was true (nothing unique compared to CryptoNote), it would not be fair, because i don't remember any CryptoNote implementation on Bitcoin base  Tongue

Great point ffmad! nobody else has used elements of ring signatures on bitcoin based coins.

He seems to be willing to debate exactly how much ring sig tech is used, but wont debate you on your point that it is the 1st in crypto for this codebase

Also it's the first POS coin using this tech (no cryptonote coins are POS)

Crypto_zoidberg (from BBR) is making a new project to create a POS CryptoNote ... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887482.0. But SDC have already this  Smiley (and it's a Full POS coin)

I think relationship between SDC and XMR should not be as rival but as partners. Both coins use RingSign tech but are really different (diff codebase, implementation and POW vs POS)

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:28:06 PM

The review: "I don't understand it, so I don't like it."

Why don't people just go into IRC when they have a question? Trolls just post randomly and it turns into wack-a-mole by the dev hitting different sites. Anyone that reviews and has questions and doesn't go into IRC while dev is on for answers, loses all credibility IMO.

What really sucks here is that it seems like devs are trolling devs most likely to grab cheap shadow.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:52:52 PM

Even if what he says was true (nothing unique compared to CryptoNote), it would not be fair, because i don't remember any CryptoNote implementation on Bitcoin base  Tongue

If you look at the timestamps, Fluffy pony made those comments before shadowsend v2 was open source...
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: