Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:57:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:05:26 PM

Sell me cheap Sdc please hard fork coming

Yes everyone should dump everything they got right now

HAHAHAHAHA... OBVIOUSLY DONT DO IT!

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 09:29:21 PM

a little over 300 blocks…

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 10:48:57 PM

Anyone else getting larger than normal (on average) stake transactions over the last 18 hours or so?

I haven't had any under .01 SDC and they've gone all the way up to .1 SDC today as well. Nice! Adds up fast.

Over the past week or so I think they've been redeeming between .001 and .03, but like I said the past 15-16 have all been above .01.

Maybe some folks are moving around of anticipation of tonight.

fearcoka
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 12:00:56 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 12:27:49 AM by fearcoka

MoonDusk

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:05:32 AM

Those are the eyes of a man who has just witnessed the birth of zero knowledge transactions.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:32:12 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 02:42:15 AM by Coolstoryteller

Why wouldn't you just delete the line "when clearly there is no more NIZKP in the source than exists in Monero's keyimage system." instead of striking through since it is obvious fud? Advertising, that's why.

Because anyone that gets email notifications has the full text of what I said anyway. If you'd prefer, I'll gladly remove the strikethrough, since the point is valid. Also, if there's a miraculous advancement in NIZKP implementation in the source please do point it out to me and I will absolutely publicly admit my gross inability to notice it.

Hi Fluffy,

I just spoke with SDCDev regarding the comment above:

"it's in 'generate signature' (https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin/commit/317b9b1f5121ecde162fd8d37fbd587182c45fef), its just the hash commitment from the signature... we don't have snarks or full zero knowledge, just a zero knowledge proof. The keyimage is the tag.. the zkp is the whole construction of tag... the algorithm in the paper pretty much translates directly to the code" - SDCDev

WP: http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcash-anon.pdf

Note: SDCDev has stated he will be responding himself with a clearer explanation.

Rynomster or anyone else: Feel free to correct me wherever I'm wrong as this is also a learning process for me.

AFAIK Cryptonote doesn't destroy or mint coin during its process. If I'm correct, then this is the biggest difference between the two schemes.

My understanding of Shadowcash:
Shadowcash is similar to Zerocoin in the sense that it uses anonymous token system to destroy SDC then mint new Shadow (SDC-to-Shadow); However, unlike Zerocoin, it doesn't require a trusted setup to convert Bitcoin into newly minted Zerocoin.

Below is an image of the Zerocoin minting process:

(continued)

The Shadowcash network destroys the SDC and mints Shadow in it's place (SDC-to-Shadow) via smaller denominations of Shadow Tokens (Shadow) equal to that of the destroyed SDC. These Shadow Tokens (SDT) make up the members of the ring signature. The newly minted Shadow tokens have no link to the destroyed Shadowcoin, because it is sent to dual-key stealth address. Non-interactive zero knowledge proofs (NIZKPs) are used when sending Shadow-to-Shadow between Stealth Addresses; Furthermore removing linkability between parties. The only way to redeem Shadow is to provide ownership of the tokens through ownership of the address via a traceable ring signature. Thus, if you don't own the address containing the Shadow then the network won't allow you to mint (redeem) new Shadowcoin (Shadow-to-SDC).

How can anyone be sure that there are no "phantom tokens"? Who is going to control the creation of these tokens? Is it all based on trust, are you serious? wtf

they can only be created by sending SDC -> Shadow, there are api:

>shadowcoind help anon
anoninfo [recalculate]
anonoutputs [systemTotals] [show_immature_outputs]
estimateanonfee <amount> <ring_size> [narration]
reloadanondata
sendanontoanon <stealth_address> <amount> <ring_size> [narration] [comment] [comment-to]
sendanontosdc <stealth_address> <amount> <ring_size> [narration] [comment] [comment-to]
sendsdctoanon <stealth_address> <amount> [narration] [comment] [comment-to]

and in the wallet there is a chain data page, which shows all the anonymous outputs in the system.

Shadowcash doesn't seem similar to cryptonote other than the use of ring signatures. IMO, ShadowCash seems more advanced in it's implementation vs Cryptonote because Shadowcash destroys the inputs (SDC) and creates anonymous outputs (Shadow).

From the Monero thread regarding I/Os:
So miner(or anybody) knows sum of all spent inputs and outputs ?

The ins and outs each have amounts, so you can add that up.

Am I right ?

Transaction
input(a1=5 XMR, random=6 XMR) output( g1=3 XMR, a3=1 XMR, keyImage_a1 )
ringSing(pub a1, pub random and private a1)

using VER and LNK everybody can verify that a1 holds 5 XMR, so I'm able to spend 4 XMR and miner can take 1 XMR fee ?

implies a1 was used (because I can't spend random)
implies a1_priv * H_p(A1_pub) = keyImage_a1

Am I missing something ?

I'm not sure of your notation here Is 'random' a foreign output used for a ring sig? In that case, that's not how it works. Each input uses a separate ring sig, with other outputs of the same same.

And what does g1 (or a3 for that matter) denote on your output?

yes I want use "foreign output used for a ring sig" to obscure transaction. I'll pull it from block chain.
g1(I pay for god) and a3(my new address)  does not matter.

Okay well like I said, each input will have it own set of foreign outputs used for mixing. Such outputs will all be of the same size, so this doesn't change the amount of the transaction, just its possible funding sources. Perhaps you want to revise your example?

Please can you make example:
1) I have unspent output  5 XMR, I want to pay 3 XMR for goods and 1 XMR transaction fee.
2) I want obscure my payment with 1 foreign input what holds 6 XMR.

You can't do #2 with the the protocol works today. There is a modification from gmaxwell that allows using foreign outputs of different sizes but it isn't implemented anywhere AFAIK.

Your foreign ouputs need to be of the same size.

So we would have (borrowing some of your notation)

tx(input(ring(a1(5 XMR),f1(5 XMR),f2(5 XMR),f3(5 XMR)) -> output(r1(3 XMR),c1(1 XMR)))

a1 = our own upspent output
f1..f3 = foreign outputs of size equal to a1
r1 = output owned by recipient
c1 = change output owned by us

We could also include additional inputs (and generate more change) if we wanted to further obscure the amount of the transaction.

Did you forgot to add  keyImage for a1 ? Or how can be this transaction verified ?

Like I said before, understanding this scheme has been a learning process for me. If I'm incorrect in any of information, Ryno or anyone else please feel free to correct me.

I spent the better part of the day preparing a guide/explanation slide presentation (draft) that goes over the flow from start to finish. The information in the presentation comes from the WP and IRC, so I'm sure it's 100%. Ryno still needs to verify everything though.

I think the visualization of the process will help people understand the groundbreaking innovation made here and more importantly - how to use it. It's truly a unique system.

(1st Draft and will edit accordingly)
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit#slide=id.g577a31a2a_086

I'm working with crz to create a proper technical infographic that shows the process similar to the zerocoin and cryptonote images above. Not sure when those will be released but feel free to donate to crz!  http://shadowtalk.org/topic/74/new-branding-wallet-logo-icons-visuals-infographics-media/12

Thanks!

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:48:58 AM

^ excellent explanation CST.
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 02:53:24 AM

thanks for the explanation and the presentation, it is very clean job Coolstoryteller
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:03:50 AM

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
fearcoka
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:03:59 AM

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:10:00 AM

Why wouldn't you just delete the line "when clearly there is no more NIZKP in the source than exists in Monero's keyimage system." instead of striking through since it is obvious fud? Advertising, that's why.

Because anyone that gets email notifications has the full text of what I said anyway. If you'd prefer, I'll gladly remove the strikethrough, since the point is valid. Also, if there's a miraculous advancement in NIZKP implementation in the source please do point it out to me and I will absolutely publicly admit my gross inability to notice it.

Hi Fluffy,

I just spoke with SDCDev regarding the comment above:

"it's in 'generate signature' (https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin/commit/317b9b1f5121ecde162fd8d37fbd587182c45fef), its just the hash commitment from the signature... we don't have snarks or full zero knowledge, just a zero knowledge proof. The keyimage is the tag.. the zkp is the whole construction of tag... the algorithm in the paper pretty much translates directly to the code" - SDCDev

WP: http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcash-anon.pdf

Note: SDCDev has stated he will be responding himself with a clearer explanation.

Rynomster or anyone else: Feel free to correct me wherever I'm wrong as this is also a learning process for me.

AFAIK Cryptonote doesn't destroy or mint coin during its process. If I'm correct, then this is the biggest difference between the two schemes.

My understanding of Shadowcash:
Shadowcash is similar to Zerocoin in the sense that it uses anonymous token system to destroy SDC then mint new Shadow (SDC-to-Shadow); However, unlike Zerocoin, it doesn't require a trusted setup to convert Bitcoin into newly minted Zerocoin.

Below is an image of the Zerocoin minting process:

(continued)

The Shadowcash network destroys the SDC and mints Shadow in it's place (SDC-to-Shadow) via smaller denominations of Shadow Tokens (Shadow) equal to that of the destroyed SDC. These Shadow Tokens (SDT) make up the members of the ring signature. The newly minted Shadow tokens have no link to the destroyed Shadowcoin, because it is sent to dual-key stealth address. Non-interactive zero knowledge proofs (NIZKPs) are used when sending Shadow-to-Shadow between Stealth Addresses; Furthermore removing linkability between parties. The only way to redeem Shadow is to provide ownership of the tokens through ownership of the address via a traceable ring signature. Thus, if you don't own the address containing the Shadow then the network won't allow you to mint (redeem) new Shadowcoin (Shadow-to-SDC).

How can anyone be sure that there are no "phantom tokens"? Who is going to control the creation of these tokens? Is it all based on trust, are you serious? wtf

they can only be created by sending SDC -> Shadow, there are api:

>shadowcoind help anon
anoninfo [recalculate]
anonoutputs [systemTotals] [show_immature_outputs]
estimateanonfee <amount> <ring_size> [narration]
reloadanondata
sendanontoanon <stealth_address> <amount> <ring_size> [narration] [comment] [comment-to]
sendanontosdc <stealth_address> <amount> <ring_size> [narration] [comment] [comment-to]
sendsdctoanon <stealth_address> <amount> [narration] [comment] [comment-to]

and in the wallet there is a chain data page, which shows all the anonymous outputs in the system.

Shadowcash doesn't seem similar to cryptonote other than the use of ring signatures. IMO, ShadowCash seems more advanced in it's implementation vs Cryptonote because Shadowcash destroys the inputs (SDC) and creates anonymous outputs (Shadow).

From the Monero thread regarding I/Os:
So miner(or anybody) knows sum of all spent inputs and outputs ?

The ins and outs each have amounts, so you can add that up.

Am I right ?

Transaction
input(a1=5 XMR, random=6 XMR) output( g1=3 XMR, a3=1 XMR, keyImage_a1 )
ringSing(pub a1, pub random and private a1)

using VER and LNK everybody can verify that a1 holds 5 XMR, so I'm able to spend 4 XMR and miner can take 1 XMR fee ?

implies a1 was used (because I can't spend random)
implies a1_priv * H_p(A1_pub) = keyImage_a1

Am I missing something ?

I'm not sure of your notation here Is 'random' a foreign output used for a ring sig? In that case, that's not how it works. Each input uses a separate ring sig, with other outputs of the same same.

And what does g1 (or a3 for that matter) denote on your output?

yes I want use "foreign output used for a ring sig" to obscure transaction. I'll pull it from block chain.
g1(I pay for god) and a3(my new address)  does not matter.

Okay well like I said, each input will have it own set of foreign outputs used for mixing. Such outputs will all be of the same size, so this doesn't change the amount of the transaction, just its possible funding sources. Perhaps you want to revise your example?

Please can you make example:
1) I have unspent output  5 XMR, I want to pay 3 XMR for goods and 1 XMR transaction fee.
2) I want obscure my payment with 1 foreign input what holds 6 XMR.

You can't do #2 with the the protocol works today. There is a modification from gmaxwell that allows using foreign outputs of different sizes but it isn't implemented anywhere AFAIK.

Your foreign ouputs need to be of the same size.

So we would have (borrowing some of your notation)

tx(input(ring(a1(5 XMR),f1(5 XMR),f2(5 XMR),f3(5 XMR)) -> output(r1(3 XMR),c1(1 XMR)))

a1 = our own upspent output
f1..f3 = foreign outputs of size equal to a1
r1 = output owned by recipient
c1 = change output owned by us

We could also include additional inputs (and generate more change) if we wanted to further obscure the amount of the transaction.

Did you forgot to add  keyImage for a1 ? Or how can be this transaction verified ?

Like I said before, understanding this scheme has been a learning process for me. If I'm incorrect in any of information, Ryno or anyone else please feel free to correct me.

I spent the better part of the day preparing a guide/explanation slide presentation (draft) that goes over the flow from start to finish. The information in the presentation comes from the WP and IRC, so I'm sure it's 100%. Ryno still needs to verify everything though.

I think the visualization of the process will help people understand the groundbreaking innovation made here and more importantly - how to use it. It's truly a unique system.

(1st Draft and will edit accordingly)
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit#slide=id.g577a31a2a_086

I'm working with crz to create a proper technical infographic that shows the process similar to the zerocoin and cryptonote images above. Not sure when those will be released but feel free to donate to crz!  http://shadowtalk.org/topic/74/new-branding-wallet-logo-icons-visuals-infographics-media/12

Thanks!

skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 03:13:51 AM

it rocks

http://explorer.shadow.cash/block/b3f1a4f783b87b78f182ebd45b664b66e715fb521b6da807a2c59c1dd39f0050

hahaha it says "Unparsed address"
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:24:31 AM

Exciting days brothers.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 04:27:08 AM

I downloaded the new build that was supposed to fix the sync problems but no luck for me any tips?
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:29:18 AM

I downloaded the new build that was supposed to fix the sync problems but no luck for me any tips?

Close wallet. Download bootstrap.dat, move to appdata shadowcoin folder, and then reopen wallet. It will take a long time to load (~10-20 min) and even go unresponsive, but that is normal.  That should fix any sync issues.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

This seems epic.  I wonder why ShadowCash is not getting much attention yet.  Seems like the price is way undervalued.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968

einc.io

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:57:35 AM

This seems epic.  I wonder why ShadowCash is not getting much attention yet.  Seems like the price is way undervalued.

By my opinion,  we are trading at 1/10th our proper value with this tech in this space.  Perhaps even more than that.  I think its only a matter of time.    But the sooner the better.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 06:52:49 AM

Close wallet. Download bootstrap.dat, move to appdata shadowcoin folder, and then reopen wallet. It will take a long time to load (~10-20 min) and even go unresponsive, but that is normal.  That should fix any sync issues.
Thanks mate will try it now.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:04:33 AM

Don't laugh at me but serious question.

Is this a rebrand of the original SD Coin? If so how do I convert old coins to Shadow Coins or is it too late?

As you can tell I mined some to hold but never kept up with the thread/threads.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:03:36 AM

Those are the eyes of a man who has just witnessed the birth of zero knowledge transactions.

Gentle Reader.

A morning hymnal for your observance…

"Well your prayers will be heard,
Angels come to sing,
A song you never heard,
Here's a new beginning.

The moment you start to believe in,
You get a new a'beginning."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6rmTcfMqnU

Cool

Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: