Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:07:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:05:57 AM

Satoshi created Bitcoin then Cryptonote and he waited for someone reconstituted the puzzle

And that day has arrived

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:37:59 AM

I notice that I was quoted above.

There is no huge difference guys. Shadow is using almost exactly the same protocol (and methods of providing anonymity) as cryptonote with some minor tweaks (fewer denominations for each digit, which either way is a reasonable but somewhat arbitrary trade off between chain size and anonymity set size)

People said that Satoshi's Bitcoin invention wasn't so great either.  They said the encryption and most of the schemes were already invented.  The brilliance of Satoshi however, was putting those pieces that were invented by others before him, together in a brilliant way that created a powerful incentive system.  I see what Shadow is doing as much similar.  Perhaps the developers borrowed and used techniques from those that came before, but what they have done is put those pieces together in a unique genius way.  It has the same essence and feel as Bitcoin does, and I like that.

That wasn't my point. You are being a bit defensive. What I'm saying is that you get the same anonymity as cryptonote.  That is not a bad thing. Cryptonote is the best system yet invented for anonymous coins, so this is a positive.

The conversion/minting/creating/destroying process doesn't give you more anonymity. Possibly less, if you are converting too often (though there is no good reason to do that). But no more is needed, because cryptonote is already pretty damn good.

UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:38:57 AM

The fact that you're referring to Shadow as a "scamcoin" shows your complacency and the shallowness of your understanding of the underlying technology. If you were someone truly interested in transacting anonymously you'd be here praising the quality of the implementation. But rather you're here braying as the stiff and outmanoeuvred dinosaurs you've pinned your hopes to are shown for the relics they are. Shadow's solution is leaner, faster, more elegant and ultimately more effective than Dark's. You can spit, sneer and swear all you want, but the times they are a'changing. A good chunk of us came here with the same attitude, including me. Didn't take long to see that I was wrong.

Climb down off your rickshaw and hop on the maglev ffs!  Cheesy
I'll keep watching, but like I said, I've been told effectively the same thing by supporters from many different coins. We're different, just watch. And then I invariably watched the collapse of each.

Well, SDC doesn't have 5 separate pump groups coordinating to boost the price like DRK did, so, going to need to be a bit organic in this case.  Doesn't mean the tech isn't real.  Try for yourself.  I'll send you 20 coins to play with.  PM me your address.

Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:20:33 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 06:01:42 AM by Coolstoryteller

There is no huge difference guys. Shadow is using almost exactly the same protocol (and methods of providing anonymity) as cryptonote with some minor tweaks (fewer denominations for each digit, which either way is a reasonable but somewhat arbitrary trade off between chain size and anonymity set size)

People said that Satoshi's Bitcoin invention wasn't so great either.  They said the encryption and most of the schemes were already invented.  The brilliance of Satoshi however, was putting those pieces that were invented by others before him, together in a brilliant way that created a powerful incentive system.  I see what Shadow is doing as much similar.  Perhaps the developers borrowed and used techniques from those that came before, but what they have done is put those pieces together in a unique genius way.  It has the same essence and feel as Bitcoin does, and I like that.

That wasn't my point. You are being a bit defensive. What I'm saying is that you get the same anonymity as cryptonote.  That is not a bad thing. Cryptonote is the best system yet invented for anonymous coins, so this is a positive.

The conversion/minting/creating/destroying process doesn't give you more anonymity. Possibly less, if you are converting too often (though there is no good reason to do that). But no more is needed, because cryptonote is already pretty damn good.

Hey Smooth, welcome! Have you had a chance to use the new protocol?

Apologies I haven't joined the discussion, I've been building our new website.. but wanted to say hello to everyone. New website is looking much better. Looking forward to migrating the site over. xD

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:57:14 AM

SDCDev created a new build that fixes the syncing issue users have reported. Please update to the latest build to reduce any future sync issues. The main ANN on sdtalk has been updated with the correct links as well as the link to the bootstrap file.

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/296/shadowcash-zero-knowledge-anonymous-distributed-e-cash-via-traceable-ring-signatures/3

Thanks!

Anon branch for QT doesn't compile. This is done after checking out the anon branch and doing git pull. Errors below:

Quote from: g++
src/qt/qtipcserver.cpp: In function ‘void ipcThread2(void*)’:
src/qt/qtipcserver.cpp:110:13: error: ‘fShutdown’ was not declared in this scope
         if (fShutdown)
             ^
make: *** [build/qtipcserver.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from src/bitcoinrpc.h:17:0,
                 from src/noui.cpp:7:
src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h: In function ‘String_type json_spirit::non_printable_to_string(unsigned int)’:
src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h:31:50: warning: typedef ‘Char_type’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
         typedef typename String_type::value_type Char_type;

Compiling shadowcoind (the daemon) returns "v1.3.0.5-3-g6c60784" instead of the expected 1.3.0.6.

So at the moment, some of us are unable to use the wallet at all whether it be the daemon or QT.

Has the forking issue been resolved?

Usually when only a few people notice these things, it's because most hodlers have their coins on exchanges  Roll Eyes

There was no issues at all. It all went very smoothly.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:02:25 AM

No, I just read the white paper.
Schild_

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:10:59 AM

That wasn't my point. You are being a bit defensive. What I'm saying is that you get the same anonymity as cryptonote.  That is not a bad thing. Cryptonote is the best system yet invented for anonymous coins, so this is a positive.

It's not the same. Why would had our devs bother to spend thousands hours of coding if so...  the way you say this is a bit misleading IMHO.

Anyway, I guess shadow community is open and ready to answer many questions, and Dark as the leader for anon and elder one has the right to be skeptical, but lets be respectful of others sensibility.

I still have in mind Dark vs Somecoin drama and don't wanna see happening it here.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:26:47 AM

It's not the same. Why would had our devs bother to spend thousands hours of coding if so...  the way you say this is a bit misleading IMHO.
]

I never said it was the same. I said the anonymity uses the same underlying approach as cryptonote so the resulting anonymity is the same (or worse, if minting/destroy is used too much, but that is up to the users I suppose). I acknowledged some minor differences, but I don't believe they are particularly significant in the area of anonymity.

As for why thousands of hours were spent on it, you would have to ask them. Presumably they thought that reimplementing it all was a good idea for whatever collection of reasons. I guess the market will decide.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 08:39:06 AM

]

I never said it was the same. I said the anonymity uses the same underlying approach as cryptonote so the resulting anonymity is the same (or worse, if minting/destroy is used too much, but that is up to the users I suppose). I acknowledged some minor differences, but I don't believe they are particularly significant in the area of anonymity.

As for why thousands of hours were spent on it, you would have to ask them. Presumably they thought that reimplementing it all was a good idea for whatever collection of reasons. I guess the market will decide.

Question, can cryptonote coins slot in updated technology to there code without starting from scratch? because i know SDC can without starting from scratch so yeah maybe it's based on the same technique as cryptonote but it can be improved and it's faster and slimmer and the wallet is the best looking and functioning wallet in the crypto world with chat and many extras coming soon so right now we win  Tongue we will have mobile wallets in the near future with all this tech would like to see any of the cryptonote coins pull that off.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 08:44:14 AM

]

Question, can cryptonote coins slot in updated technology to there code without starting from scratch? because i know SDC can without starting from scratch so yeah maybe it's based on the same technique as cryptonote but it can be improved and it's faster and slimmer and the wallet is the best looking and functioning wallet in the crypto world with chat and many extras coming soon so right now we win  Tongue we will have mobile wallets in the near future with all this tech would like to see any of the cryptonote coins pull that off.

Not from a miners' point of view ^^

XMR is a good anonymous POW coin, SDC is a good anonymous POS coin

Let's be friend with XMR guys  Smiley

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:50:31 AM

It's not the same. Why would had our devs bother to spend thousands hours of coding if so...  the way you say this is a bit misleading IMHO.
]

Question, can cryptonote coins slot in updated technology to there code without starting from scratch? because i know SDC can without starting from scratch so yeah maybe it's based on the same technique as cryptonote but it can be improved and it's faster and slimmer and the wallet is the best looking and functioning wallet in the crypto world with chat and many extras coming soon so right now we win  Tongue we will have mobile wallets in the near future with all this tech would like to see any of the cryptonote coins pull that off.

Techniques and algorithms and the code/implementation are two different things. I was addressing the former. Since I haven't reviewed the SDC implementation at all, I would be speaking out of ignorance to address that one way or another.

BTW, any reasonably designed piece of software can have pieces replaced without starting from scratch. That's called modularity.
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:50:45 AM

Apologies I haven't joined the discussion, I've been building our new website.. but wanted to say hello to everyone. New website is looking much better. Looking forward to migrating the site over. xD

It would be cool if our site will be similar to Blackcoin's one Wink

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 08:51:08 AM

]

sounds like a good idea, in a perfect world competing coins and community's would out innovate instead of picking at straws to protect there investments and if that happened crypto would be far more advanced then it is now, but this is not a perfect world, if any coins want to be better the SDC then they better get to work.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 09:00:09 AM

]

sounds like a good idea, in a perfect world competing coins and community's would out innovate instead of picking at straws to protect there investments and if that happened crypto would be far more advanced then it is now, but this is not a perfect world, if any coins want to be better the SDC then they better get to work.

If i say that it's because XMR has a real solution, and just by looking at their threads you can see a lot of people with a good knowledge, and when they came here it's to discuss tech.

Not like Drk, where people judge coins on their volume and marketcap ... and do basic trolling like that :

There was so much misinformation I just gave up. There is only so much time on this planet.
Seeing people say the exact same thing with each new scamcoin gets tiring. But the sheep need fleecing, so I expect we'll be seeing Shadowmoney, Blackcash, Hiddenasset etc ad infinitum. And all of their supporters will tell us how we just see their blatant shitcoin as a threat to Darkcoin.  

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 09:03:07 AM

It's not the same. Why would had our devs bother to spend thousands hours of coding if so...  the way you say this is a bit misleading IMHO.
]

Question, can cryptonote coins slot in updated technology to there code without starting from scratch? because i know SDC can without starting from scratch so yeah maybe it's based on the same technique as cryptonote but it can be improved and it's faster and slimmer and the wallet is the best looking and functioning wallet in the crypto world with chat and many extras coming soon so right now we win  Tongue we will have mobile wallets in the near future with all this tech would like to see any of the cryptonote coins pull that off.

Techniques and algorithms and the code/implementation are two different things. I was addressing the former. Since I haven't reviewed the SDC implementation at all, I would be speaking out of ignorance to address that one way or another.

BTW, any reasonably designed piece of software can have pieces replaced without starting from scratch. That's called modularity.

that's why i was asking anyways let the most hard working most innovative team win i say, and if that is SDC and right now it appears to be then awesome because i hold shit loads hahah, if not oh well you win some you lose some, but im confident, I don't know much about coding and all that but i do know technology that has the potential to be worth a lot in the future, 90% of the public do not care about coding they want something that works, looks good, with lots of features( like free chat, video voice call, decentralized marketplaces) and ease of use, we are hitting all those nails all we need is publicity and adoption now.
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:53:36 AM

First off, has there been enough time to assess if ShadowCash project has a working Zero Knowledge solution?

Secondly, does the Monero project of Darkcoin project have a Zero Knowledge solution?

I'd like to compare anonymous transactions between the three projects being discussed here; XMR, DRK & Shadow. Could somebody post transaction IDs for each project showing an anonymous trade? I'd like to compare apples to apples when it comes to linkability and traceability. Ignoring codebase and proof differences between them for now.

If there are other working ZK solutions in projects I haven't mentioned that should be part of this comparison please add an anonymous transaction from them as well.

1 good example from each blockchain would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Schild_

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:58:51 AM

First off, has there been enough time to assess if ShadowCash project has a working Zero Knowledge solution?

Secondly, does the Monero project of Darkcoin project have a Zero Knowledge solution?

I'd like to compare anonymous transactions between the three projects being discussed here; XMR, DRK & Shadow. Could somebody post transaction IDs for each project showing an anonymous trade? I'd like to compare apples to apples when it comes to linkability and traceability. Ignoring codebase and proof differences between them for now.

If there are other working ZK solutions in projects I haven't mentioned that should be part of this comparison please add an anonymous transaction from them as well.

Thanks.

Absolutly + thats one good idea.
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:05:54 PM

Thanks.

i dont know if other coins will be able to give a link on the mainnet. but below, there is a link for sdc

http://explorer.shadow.cash/block/b3f1a4f783b87b78f182ebd45b664b66e715fb521b6da807a2c59c1dd39f0050
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 12:09:39 PM

Thanks.

Today I will release a demo video showing the SDC anon transaction happening in real time between two wallets and analysing the block explorer at the same time.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 12:12:03 PM

Thanks.

Today I will release a demo video showing the SDC anon transaction happening in real time between two wallets and analysing the block explorer at the same time.
Nice idea! show the world the shadow.
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: