Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84186 times)
bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 04:35:54 PM

Thanks for the update DeaDTerra! I think all of your choices are sound. I am really worried about your conclusion on Pirate however as I have deposits with a couple of Pirate passthroughs. I believe there are some very well respected forum members such as Patrick who are keeping large deposits with him but who knows how many are jumping ship. I've got a touch choice to make - greed or fear  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:05:33 PM

I might have been overaggressive on this fund because of BS&T exposure. Reading the portfolio, maybe I should have discriminated more between what looks like accidental exposure instead of intentional collaboration. Just to make it clear: no accusations were intended, just criticism of BS&T.

We now have 0% uninsured pirate exposure, I have sold off all uninsured bonds and purchased YARR bonds which are fully insured by CPA Smiley I have also used these to hedge my current involvement and investment with CPA, to reduce our risks. I am also planning to increase our insured pirate bond with INAU to 1000 BTC instead of the current 500.

I don't understand. You are involved from both the insuring and the playing side? If CPA defaults along with BS&T, you're getting a double-hit, how is this reducing risk?

Read my sig, I am personally involved. This is just a logic question.
The reason why I say that it reduces the risk is due to that CPA is offering YARR, which is a insured pirate asset. If Pirate were to default then Yarr would get paid back 100%. By buying Yarr I will ensure that is Pirate fails and CPA falls with it that I get some of my investments back. By insuring Pirate, I can reduce the risk of Pirate falling as I will not be as effected if Pirate defaults. It's not a 1:1 hedging, I will lose more if Pirate defaults then if he doesn't but essentially it reduces the risks slightly. Esentially, I believe that the profit CPA can make is worth the risk of a pirate default, by also buying Yarr I am securing that if pirate falls I will not lose 100% of my investment with CPA, as well as helping and encouraging CPA Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 05:07:43 PM

Thanks for the update DeaDTerra! I think all of your choices are sound. I am really worried about your conclusion on Pirate however as I have deposits with a couple of Pirate passthroughs. I believe there are some very well respected forum members such as Patrick who are keeping large deposits with him but who knows how many are jumping ship. I've got a touch choice to make - greed or fear  Grin
I would personally keep 20-30% of my funds in Pirate, but as we are a low/mid risk fund and we are making a good % without such risk, I chose to liquidate all the pirate assets. I am not saying, pirate is or isn't a ponzi as such is irrelevant but there are clear sign on that Pirates business is slowing down and is no longer as profitable, hence I feel there's a certain risk on default. If you take this risk is up to each and everyone of you and is not something I am going to say, do this or that, it's up to each person and depends on your goals and preferences.
//DeaDTerra
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:07:01 PM

I still don't understand how this is a hedge.

No matter how you look at it, CPA is BS&T-exposed by the fact it is insuring it. And heavily so. The insurance only acts after the fact, which means it won't help against the default. Well, nothing will, but that's just my opinion. This is less of a hedge than just keeping plain BTC.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2012, 08:25:47 PM

I still don't understand how this is a hedge.

No matter how you look at it, CPA is BS&T-exposed by the fact it is insuring it. And heavily so. The insurance only acts after the fact, which means it won't help against the default. Well, nothing will, but that's just my opinion. This is less of a hedge than just keeping plain BTC.
As I said it's not a direct hedge, but as CPA insuring Pirate they are heavily Pirate exposed and by buying insured Bonds, I can have the pirate interest rate without further pirate exposure. I also got a good deal on the bonds Smiley
//DeaDTerra
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2012, 02:37:38 AM

Hello everyone, just wanted to tell everyone how excited I am to be a part of this fund, and even though my role is fairly limited in this, I will try to be as much of a resource to Ludvig and you guys as possible. Since Ludvig's in GMT+1, I can cover some of the time he will be unavailable and/or sleeping. My skype ID is the.papa.vo and I check my PMs often enough. Hit me up and I'll get back to you in all my capacity Smiley

I first talked to Lud when I was looking to do something with my bitcoins rather than have them sit around and risk being labeled a hoarder, and turns out we both have extremely similar interests and a common vision of where we'd like this fund to be. I trust him enough to let him take care of some of my bitcoins and even give up some of my spare time for. Since I have a stake in this too, I'm going to do my part in expressing any concerns I have with Ludvig and bounce ideas off each other for the fund's best interests Smiley

Yours,
Anthony
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:55:05 AM

Good to see DDT gets support!

Are you doing it for free? ;-)

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 09:26:18 AM

Good to see DDT gets support!

Are you doing it for free? ;-)
He does have a stake and he profits if the fund goes well, I think such deals motivated and make people work better Smiley
The exact details of the contracts I will keep for myself.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 06:08:55 PM

I just wanted to announce that I am going to holiday from 12th to 15th of July, I should have internet access, and it should not effect the profit of the fund. But if something happens you know why I might be contactable for a time, I recommend email during this time as I won't be using IRC or Skype. If I for some reason don't have internet access please direct all your questions to Anthony and he will do his best to help you out until I am back Smiley
I also want to announce that I am going to release a short update of the direction of the fund and it's investments tomorrow, kind of a new investment plan to deal with the GLBSE recession.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 11:50:46 AM

One of our bigger investor has chosen to withdraw from GBF, as he has other ventures he needs capital for. Hence I am going to open up the deposits for 2000 BTC, to make up for this whole in our capital. Hence Deposits are open again for a short while, if you want to deposit them pm or email me Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 08:44:01 PM

Hey guys Smiley
My Samsung Galaxy S III arrived today, I have already setup our MtGox,my Gmail and GLBSE account to have a two way factor authentication with my smartphone. This sound greatly increase the security on these account, I have also talked to CxC about if they can add Google authenticator support.
A good first steep in increasing the security of Gamma Bitcoin Fund.
//DeaDTerra
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 08:47:52 PM

Hey guys Smiley My Samsung Galaxy S III arrived today

Congratulations!  Grin    (a new toy is always a fun thing to take on vacation)

Enjoy yourself, get refreshed, then come back home and MAKE US SOME MORE MONEY !!!1ONE

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2012, 08:58:58 PM

Hey guys Smiley My Samsung Galaxy S III arrived today

Congratulations!  Grin    (a new toy is always a fun thing to take on vacation)

Enjoy yourself, get refreshed, then come back home and MAKE US SOME MORE MONEY !!!1ONE

haha, yes sir!
more money Asap Cheesy
//DeaDTerra
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 10:48:13 PM

Finally  Roll Eyes
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2012, 11:36:28 PM

Hey guys Smiley
My Samsung Galaxy S III arrived today, I have already setup our MtGox,my Gmail and GLBSE account to have a two way factor authentication with my smartphone. This sound greatly increase the security on these account, I have also talked to CxC about if they can add Google authenticator support.
//DeaDTerra

Don't forget to backup the authentication keys to multiple different locations. (Encrypted ofcourse Wink)

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 07:33:35 AM

Hey guys Smiley
//DeaDTerra

Don't forget to backup the authentication keys to multiple different locations. (Encrypted ofcourse Wink)
How do I do that?
Do I just manually write down the whole key or is there a automatic backup built in?
//DeaDTerra
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 07:57:53 AM

Hey guys Smiley
//DeaDTerra

How do I do that?
Do I just manually write down the whole key or is there a automatic backup built in?
//DeaDTerra

I just wrote down the key, hope there is a better way:)
Save the QR code image down and throw it in a truecrypt volume.
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 09:17:17 AM

Hey guys Smiley
//DeaDTerra

How do I do that?
//DeaDTerra

I just wrote down the key, hope there is a better way:)
Save the QR code image down and throw it in a truecrypt volume.

This. Or you can save the authentication code just below the QR code (I think). Or both. Anyway, the most important thing is that you encrypt it, and store it in multiple locations. Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 01:31:42 PM

Okay guys, I am heading off now. I have my 4G router with my and my smartphone xD So hopefully, I should have some internet. If you want to get in contact with me please email me at terragubben@gmail.com, this is where you will reach me the easiest. If I do not answer then contact Anthony and he will do his best to help you.
//DeaDTerra
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 02:54:25 PM

This. Or you can save the authentication code just below the QR code (I think). Or both. Anyway, the most important thing is that you encrypt it, and store it in multiple locations. Smiley
Indeed you can. You can actually verify that it works by making the link on your phone not by QR code, but by taking the manual process of typing the secret.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: