Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:08:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84195 times)
burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 10:30:14 PM

Any news about GBF and GLBSE?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:50:42 AM

Any news about GBF and GLBSE?
I have filled in all the information required but I have yet to received the coins nor the info for the asset holders.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:45:11 PM

I am happy to report that I have now received the BTC we had deposited at GLBSE Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 02:08:11 PM

I am happy to report that I have now received the BTC we had deposited at GLBSE Smiley
//DeaDTerra

Woot, some good news at least Grin
strello

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 05:49:54 PM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

So, how are things looking now regarding a payout?

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 06:14:37 PM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

We currently have about 450 Bitcoins in total liquid BTC,
The rest is in debt or illiquid assets.
//DeaDTerra
CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:05:48 PM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

//DeaDTerra

Will you be using that 450 in the bot for now?
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 08:10:52 PM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

//DeaDTerra

I will spread it out across the margin bots and arbitrage bot until we reach a more substantial amount.
//DeaDTerra
burger

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 10:48:12 PM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

//DeaDTerra

I will spread it out across the margin bots and arbitrage bot until we reach a more substantial amount.
//DeaDTerra

This is very good news!!!

keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 01:10:51 AM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

//DeaDTerra

//DeaDTerra
Yes very good news indeed! Is there any risk of loss here or counterparty risk? I would suggest that we try to preserve what capital we have and use it for paying people back rather than engaging in additional speculative risks at this time. Smiley

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 02:29:35 AM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

//DeaDTerra

Thanks for the update.  I knew (hoped) there was a reason for me not yet posting the "AAAAAND IT'S.... GONE" meme here.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:06:21 AM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

//DeaDTerra

//DeaDTerra
Yes very good news indeed! Is there any risk of loss here or counterparty risk? I would suggest that we try to preserve what capital we have and use it for paying people back rather than engaging in additional speculative risks at this time. Smiley
There is three risks here,
There's the risk of the operator of the bot running away with the money, I have known him for one and a half years now and we started the bot way before we had any real amount of money in it, plus I meet him in London and know all his ID details Smiley So this risk should be pretty low.
Then there's the risk of a exchange shutting down and running away with our capital, I mean this risk is hard to judge but we trade at MTGox and Bitstamp atm, I know the owners of BitStamp and I trust that if MTGox goes away we have bigger problems to worry about xD
Then there's the risk of the bot running hay wire and losing coins that way, but the bot has been running for half a year and no problems so far, we have manual monitoring of the bot and we have limited trades to limit the damage any potential bug could cause.

I think the profit is worth the risk non the less.
//DeaDTerra
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 05:48:05 PM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

//DeaDTerra

//DeaDTerra
There's the risk of the operator of the bot running away with the money, I have known him for one and a half years now and we started the bot way before we had any real amount of money in it, plus I meet him in London and know all his ID details Smiley So this risk should be pretty low.
Then there's the risk of a exchange shutting down and running away with our capital, I mean this risk is hard to judge but we trade at MTGox and Bitstamp atm, I know the owners of BitStamp and I trust that if MTGox goes away we have bigger problems to worry about xD
Then there's the risk of the bot running hay wire and losing coins that way, but the bot has been running for half a year and no problems so far, we have manual monitoring of the bot and we have limited trades to limit the damage any potential bug could cause.

//DeaDTerra

Thats no different than me trusting nefario because Ive known him for like two years, and then his actions destroyed DMC. Not saying your guy will, but watch out.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 06:26:04 PM

//DeaDTerra

Great news!

//DeaDTerra

//DeaDTerra

//DeaDTerra

Thats no different than me trusting nefario because Ive known him for like two years, and then his actions destroyed DMC. Not saying your guy will, but watch out.
Indeed, which is why I am saying it's a risk non the less and that everyone should be aware of that.
//DeaDTerra
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:21:37 PM

any updates on how the bot is doing?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:48:32 PM

It's obvious that this bitocin fund will close. Pretty much everything on this section are scams.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:33:49 AM

It's obvious that this bitocin fund will close. Pretty much everything on this section are scams.
Well this one wasn't ^^
Though unfortunately it's quite hard to run a fund when everyone else are running scams xD
We are though shutting down, but that was a decision made before all of this GLBSE drama.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:34:54 AM

They are trading okay no massive amounts of profit.
The arb bot has hit the MTGox withdraw roof hence the profit is slowing down as we can't move the capital.
I am considering doing a payout of the 400 BTC we have for now,
What's you guys opinions on that?
//DeaDTerra
burger

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:04:55 AM

They are trading okay no massive amounts of profit.
The arb bot has hit the MTGox withdraw roof hence the profit is slowing down as we can't move the capital.
I am considering doing a payout of the 400 BTC we have for now,
What's you guys opinions on that?
//DeaDTerra

I think it's better to use those for the arb bot when you can trade more, as you have about 7000 BTC to payout if I'm right?

strello

Activity: 234

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 10:28:06 AM

I think it would be good to have some more information about how the fund looks right now to make it possible to have an opinion about this.

From the "GBF Investor list"- you have deposits of 7214.143782198 from 72 investors. Is this correct?

The "GBF assets" list is clearly nonsense now as a result of the GLBSE debacle. But it still states:

GLBSE stock held:  4992.3865

Loans:  1210.034

Liquid savings USD:   150.78

Liquid savings BTC:   217.433

Total in BTC:   6876.77682526231

The final GBF Investment Fund Log book entry from 28/09/2012 gave the Total fund worth in BTC as 6876.776.

Obviously the GLBSE situation is still really unclear for everyone, but can you update how much GLBSE assets there were at the time of the freeze, and give your opinion about whether any of this might be recoverable.

Could you please give some kind of indication about how much is currently invested in the margin bots and arbitrage bot, and what kind of returns these are giving?

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: