Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84191 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2013, 07:56:46 PM

+1 DT Smiley

friedcat says he will be paying dividends starting next Thursday. This is great news! Can we expect repayment whenever he pays the fund dividends? Thanks DT!! Smiley
I will as usual wait until we have 500 ish BTC to pay out but as it might take a while before we get up to those numbers I will lower the amount until I pay out.
I will try to pay out once or twice a month.
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:27:20 AM

Hello!
I will be going away on holiday to Italy,
From Sunday the 24th to Sunday the 3rd.
My internet access will be limited and hence it might take a while for me to answer your pms,posts and emails.
Hence be patient with me,
the best way to contact me is through email at terragubben@gmail.com
Best Regards
//DeaDTerra
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:31:01 PM

Hello!
My internet access will be limited and hence it might take a while for me to answer your pms,posts and emails.
Best Regards
//DeaDTerra

Have fun! The Italian elections are coming up over the next few days!

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 04:37:05 PM

Hello!
Best Regards
//DeaDTerra

Have fun! The Italian elections are coming up over the next few days!
Thank you!
Yea I know Smiley
I just hope there's no riot or anything xD
//DeaDTerra
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304

View Profile
February 28, 2013, 05:51:48 PM

Enjoy your vacation.  Let us know how much BTC you got from ASICMINER when you get the chance.
keystroke

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 01:26:56 AM

Enjoy your vacation.  Let us know how much BTC you got from ASICMINER when you get the chance.

My question exactly Smiley He has 4600+ for Gamma Fund I think, so that should be 108+ BTC.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 04:16:24 PM

My question exactly Smiley He has 4600+ for Gamma Fund I think, so that should be 108+ BTC.
I am currently on a open free Wifi and I am not on my normal desktop.
So I can't check the wallet at this moment Tongue
I will update you guys once I get back on Sunday, but it should be 100 BTC+ Smiley
I think that with ASICMINER going so well it's possible that over time we might be able to payback 100% of the balances.
//DeaDTerra
keystroke

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 05:09:38 PM

I will update you guys once I get back on Sunday, but it should be 100 BTC+ Smiley
I think that with ASICMINER going so well it's possible that over time we might be able to payback 100% of the balances.
//DeaDTerra

Have fun and watch out for Silvio!

CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 06:41:29 PM

//DeaDTerra

That would be amazing Shocked
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 07:59:32 PM

//DeaDTerra

At the moment it's wishful thinking, but it's possible that it might become a reality down the road Smiley
//DeaDTerra
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 08:50:29 PM

//DeaDTerra

At the moment it's wishful thinking, but it's possible that it might become a reality down the road Smiley
//DeaDTerra

Suppose 100% does get paid...then we will continue to get paid 101%+?  Or will will sell your ASICMINER shares?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 09:07:47 PM

Suppose 100% does get paid...then we will continue to get paid 101%+?  Or will will sell your ASICMINER shares?

Investors only get paid 100% and the fund manager gets to keep the shares?

IOW, we took the risk, and DT takes the reward?

No effing way!  That really wouldn't be fair to us long suffering GBF investors.

I'm sure there's a better solution, such as in kind dividends:

Who else votes to proportionally distribute the ASICMINER, etc. shares once 100% payout is complete?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 09:39:07 PM

No effing way!  That really wouldn't be fair to us long suffering GBF investors.

Who else votes to proportionally distribute the ASICMINER, etc. shares once 100% payout is complete?

I don't think friedcat wants to manage all of those shares for individuals.  (I've talked to him and he said this.)  At some point I think we should sell the ASICMINER shares and distribute the bitcoins.  Why?  There is a risk to holding ASICMINER shares because of competition.  To compete ASICMINER will need to redesign there chips in the future.  Their chips won't be as efficient as BFL.  So, there is a risk to holding to ASICMINER.  I also don't mind if DT continues to distribute the btc to everyone and just keep the ASICMINER shares.
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2013, 10:17:59 PM

I think that DeaDTerra should judge when the best time to sell the ASICMINER shares will be.

Personally I lost 25% of my original investment before the fund closed, so I guess many of the later investors are in the same position.

It would be wonderful if we could get 100% of the balance when DeaDTerra announced that the fund was closing, but it would be even better to make a further profit which might even start to cover our losses.

I think we should trust DeaDTerra to sell at the right time, and any profits should, of course, be divided proportionally.

It's a fantastic, unexpected situation to be in, whatever happens in the near future.

And in all the excitement, is there any progress with the Gigamining recovery process?

Sorry, enjoy your holiday DeaDTerra, answers can wait until you are back home.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2013, 10:28:11 PM

I'm sure friedcat has better things to do than deal with piddly amounts of shares, so let's assume his exchange will be operational before GBF pays back 100%.

If GBF continues to hold assets in anticipation of future profits, past 100% payback, that's a strange definition of "closing."  More like 'closed to new investors.'

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 11:22:00 AM

If we make 100% back that'd be great. It will take a long time. In this time hopefully they will have the ASICMINER trading platform ready. Establish temporary accounts for each GBF investor and distribute the shares accordingly. Investors then can sell or transfer to their other accounts (if any). This is no biggie and BTCT and BitFunder have shown this.

This all assumes that DT is still determined to close GBF (I.e. no new investors and investments).

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
keystroke

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 04:48:01 AM

When payout is 100% complete yes, I think we should distribute the shares proportionally. I had tried to sell out of the fund early but wasn't able to due to the GLBSE run - my plan was actually to buy more ASICMINER! So it would be nice for us to get our proportion of the shares once we are made whole again.

Thanks everyone!

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 06:21:52 PM

To answer everyone's questions.
I would not take all the profit if we end up getting back more then 100% (I highly doubt it).
I would take the 5% originally agreed to.
I am not looking to hold ASICMINER for a longer period of time, I am looking to sell them once I think the time is right.
What are you guys attitude towards selling the shares?
Would you like to see a sale, if so how many of the shares and at what price?
As for the GIGAMINING claim, I have talked to James and I am looking to submit the claim sometime next week.
//DeaDTerra
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 06:59:35 PM

To answer everyone's questions.
I would not take all the profit if we end up getting back more then 100% (I highly doubt it).
I would take the 5% originally agreed to.
I am not looking to hold ASICMINER for a longer period of time, I am looking to sell them once I think the time is right.
What are you guys attitude towards selling the shares?
Would you like to see a sale, if so how many of the shares and at what price?
As for the GIGAMINING claim, I have talked to James and I am looking to submit the claim sometime next week.
//DeaDTerra

Please do not sell ASICMINER shares  Angry
Please claim GIGAMINING as soon as possible, I already did myself and sent affidavit recently, waiting for confirmation right now.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 07:03:48 PM

Regarding Gigamining, make sure you wait as long as possible to convert to Teramining.  I made the mistake of converting on the first possible day, and I have since lost 50 Bitcoins in dividends because when you convert you lose your Gigamining contract.  Since the Teramining hardware hasn't been delivered yet, I'm earning nothing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: