Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84183 times)
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 11:40:07 AM

Th's of Asic caught my eye...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:51:09 PM

Th's of Asic caught my eye...
I have been in close contact with Vladimir about his up and coming project, as it's a bit further in the future nothing is yet set. Though it seems like if everything goes to plan we will be able to take part of the up and coming mining operation. More specific info released by Vlad can be found here Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75298.0;topicseen
//DeaDTerra
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 02:34:21 PM

Thanks for the link - don't browse that sub-forum often...

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:09:43 PM

Thanks for the link - don't browse that sub-forum often...
No problems Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 12:04:42 PM

sub
Thank you, if you have any questions or concerns then please do ask Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2012, 12:08:15 PM

Availability updated Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 09:09:36 AM

Avaliblity updated as well as I have finally gotten a OTC account Cheesy

" I have now created a OTC account after a large request, it's brand new but it can be seen here http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DeaDTerra "
//DeaDTerra
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 12:11:50 PM

What exactly would be needed to have something like this on GLBSE?
I'd really love to invest in a more anonymous way over there...

I think the biggest problem seems to be the "buyout" if someone wants to get out again and that the earnings are varying from share to share, right? (e.g. I bought a share in Jan. and earned 10% each month --> I get 1.3 times the money in the end of march but "only" 1.2 times the money if I bought in Feb?)

You could however just say "1 share of the fund costs 1 BTC in Jan, 1.1 BTC in Feb, 1.2 BTC in Mar... and I have a buyback offer open should you want to cash out at 0.99BTC in Jan, 1.09 BTC in Feb, 1.19BTC in Mar..." with the prices calculated according to your real earnings/losses of course. The downside would be that you might need to have some cash stored at GLBSE to buy back shares if needed, but on the other hand it might save you a lot of work for these payouts. You could then issue new shares whenever needed and people would know that in the beginning of each month there will be time to buy new shares and/or liquidity to cash out.

Also it would be possible to invest smaller amounts of BTC in something, as some people (not you, though I think a "contribution" of 0.1BTC to your fund might also be rejected) want to have only a few large investors for some reason. I don't feel comfortable with handing ~50 USD to a complete stranger... however something about the price of a hamburger would cause me much fewer second thoughts.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 12:20:03 PM

What exactly would be needed to have something like this on GLBSE?
I'd really love to invest in a more anonymous way over there...

I think the biggest problem seems to be the "buyout" if someone wants to get out again and that the earnings are varying from share to share, right? (e.g. I bought a share in Jan. and earned 10% each month --> I get 1.3 times the money in the end of march but "only" 1.2 times the money if I bought in Feb?)

You could however just say "1 share of the fund costs 1 BTC in Jan, 1.1 BTC in Feb, 1.2 BTC in Mar... and I have a buyback offer open should you want to cash out at 0.99BTC in Jan, 1.09 BTC in Feb, 1.19BTC in Mar..." with the prices calculated according to your real earnings/losses of course. The downside would be that you might need to have some cash stored at GLBSE to buy back shares if needed, but on the other hand it might save you a lot of work for these payouts. You could then issue new shares whenever needed and people would know that in the beginning of each month there will be time to buy new shares and/or liquidity to cash out.

Also it would be possible to invest smaller amounts of BTC in something, as some people (not you, though I think a "contribution" of 0.1BTC to your fund might also be rejected) want to have only a few large investors for some reason. I don't feel comfortable with handing ~50 USD to a complete stranger... however something about the price of a hamburger would cause me much fewer second thoughts.
I would like to join GLBSE but with my current system it would not work, there are a few things that I would have to change. I have kind of a bond looking structure of where deposits and withdraws can only happen during weekends, this is so I can invest a maximum amount of our capital without having to keep to much liquid if someone wants to withdraw. This is also from keeping people putting in money when the fund is going well and as soon as we hit a rough patch get out of there (kind of like pool hopping but I guess fund hopping xD). If someone were to do that then the people keeping the money in the fund over a longer period of time would have to pay the price of when things go rough and I don't want that kind of a system, hence I have deposits/withdraws closed during the week.
Also what would happen if the fund goes with a lose on GLBSE, the only thing I really could do is take the loses away from the next dividend which also doesn't seem that optimal.

I just think that for now with my current system I will stay off GLBSE, in the future when I have a better system and more interest in the fund, I may chose to move over to GLBSE. Regarding the trust issues, I am trying to deal with thoose, I have gotten a OTC account, I have suggested a real ID verification by someone known in the community, I am not sure what else would make you feel better investing in me? if you have any suggestions please tell me Smiley
Also I am in no rush, I am here to stay and I am willing to wait for people to start to trust me, if it takes a couple of months that's fine
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2012, 07:45:49 AM

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to note that I will be gone for holiday from the 9th to the 14th, if your interested in investing send me a email today and we can work something out Smiley
I will only have limited/no internet access, so for interested investors that have yet to talk to me we either have to fix things before the 9th or we can talk when I get back.
Investments close on the 16th and open up the next week on the 21st, so if you don't make it this week then you can join us the following week.
If there's any questions or concerns please do ask Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 05:35:20 PM

I have been able to get acces to internet Smiley, so I have looked over our investments and answered any email sent to me, if your intrested in investing please contact me through email at terragubben@gmail.com. I will update the log book and asset holdings once I get home as the internet is quite slow, if you have any questions or concerns please do contact me.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 08:46:58 AM

Hello Smiley
I am now home and I am looking over all the investment and preparing everything for the opening of the fund next week.
If you have yet to receive a deposit address please contact me with a alias and a payout address and I will give you your personal deposit address Smiley
//DeaDTerra
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 02:35:36 PM

Skeptical of investment scheme. Only trust index funds because managers usually never beat out the average in the long run.

In any case, I want to invest 1 BTC just to see what happen.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 02:40:30 PM

Skeptical of investment scheme. Only trust index funds because managers usually never beat out the average in the long run.

In any case, I want to invest 1 BTC just to see what happen.
Okay thank you for your trust Smiley
Send me a pm with your Payout address and your Alias, also if you want profits to be payed our or reinvested.
Thanks
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 09:55:26 PM

The availability has been updated. We have taken in all the investment for this week and we will not take in anymore until next week. For the investors that have gotten a slot congratulations and let's hope we have a profitable first week Smiley
I will start to invest the BTC that has been invested and the new updated spreadsheet will reflect the investments I decide to make.
For now good night and cu all tomorrow
//DeaDTerra
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 10:35:30 PM

Would it be ok for you to have a kind of "sub fund" on GLBSE?

I could imagine opening a ticker there with, let's say, 5000 shares @ 0.1 BTC each and then investing the 500 BTC from the IPO to your fund. Dividends/profits I receive from you would then be spread back via GLBSE to share holders. This would enable users to buy small quantities of this fund to gain trust and keep their risks low as well as relieving you from micromanaging tiny/small accounts.

I personally would keep ~1% of the earnings to make up in time for the 8 BTC that a ticker symbol costs and my time that I invest each week for that. 1% is low enough to have hourly rates that would make someone from a third world country laugh probably, but I see it rather as a hobby than a way to earn serious money anyways. Of course I'd publish a balance sheet and stuff, but I would not verify with GLBSE (I don't like the idea of having my name and address on a HDD in the UK, encrypted or not...). Maybe someone else would do it for less? Wink

The only problem I see is with people wanting to cash out on the fund, as it seems there are no real dividends and one rather has to withdraw funds to get money.
I might need to cash out every week or month, distribute dividends and immediately invest the 500 BTC again. This might be disruptive to your operations though, so it's your call on that...

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 11:21:40 PM

I could imagine opening a ticker there with, let's say, 5000 shares @ 0.1 BTC each and then investing the 500 BTC from the IPO to your fund. Dividends/profits I receive from you would then be spread back via GLBSE to share holders. This would enable users to buy small quantities of this fund to gain trust and keep their risks low as well as relieving you from micromanaging tiny/small accounts.

I personally would keep ~1% of the earnings to make up in time for the 8 BTC that a ticker symbol costs and my time that I invest each week for that. 1% is low enough to have hourly rates that would make someone from a third world country laugh probably, but I see it rather as a hobby than a way to earn serious money anyways. Of course I'd publish a balance sheet and stuff, but I would not verify with GLBSE (I don't like the idea of having my name and address on a HDD in the UK, encrypted or not...). Maybe someone else would do it for less? Wink

The only problem I see is with people wanting to cash out on the fund, as it seems there are no real dividends and one rather has to withdraw funds to get money.
I might need to cash out every week or month, distribute dividends and immediately invest the 500 BTC again. This might be disruptive to your operations though, so it's your call on that...

Sounds like a job for.....a computer program.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 11:31:48 PM

Without an API on GLBSE and probably lots of changes upcoming (also in page design) it could be a bit early for that... Tongue

Yes, in the future I hope to automate quite some things on GLBSE and other pages, but I think that's a better project for the summer than right now.

It might also be possible to just have a motion each week or each month "Do you want to have a dividend or keep the money in the fund?" and pay dividends only if requested by shareholders to keep payouts + bookkeeping (wow, 3 times a double letter in a row!!!11) lower ond DeaDTerra's end. It might still be nice to have a theoretical payout value each week though for advertising reasons.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 08:42:51 AM

Sounds like a job for.....a computer program.
Yea I do agree. Even though it sounds like a great system it's just a bit to much effort, I would rather focus on the investments them self then to make sure the orders on GLBSE are correctly placed etc. It's possible I will open up on GLBSE if we have enough interest and I can figure out a way to create a solid system that works with GLBSE. But for now I will keep it out of GLBSE.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 08:45:02 AM

Without an API on GLBSE and probably lots of changes upcoming (also in page design) it could be a bit early for that... Tongue

Yes, in the future I hope to automate quite some things on GLBSE and other pages, but I think that's a better project for the summer than right now.

It might also be possible to just have a motion each week or each month "Do you want to have a dividend or keep the money in the fund?" and pay dividends only if requested by shareholders to keep payouts + bookkeeping (wow, 3 times a double letter in a row!!!11) lower ond DeaDTerra's end. It might still be nice to have a theoretical payout value each week though for advertising reasons.
That is a possibility but I would rather like people to be able to choose for them self if they reinvest or if they want to get dividends. Which is one of the reasons why I have decided to keep things manual for now, also there is a problem when/if the fund runs on a negative profit. Who will stand for the loses and how?
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: