Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:00:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84183 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 08:15:09 PM

First of all I want to say I am sorry for all these delays in updates and such, this is due to that I have been away from home a lot due to that it's the first week of Summer holiday and there's a lot going on. I am not back on my usual schedule (almost), so there should not be that many more delays. For you guys worried about these delays, they are simply information delays, they do not in any way effect the performance of the fund as I do my duties regardless if I have time to post the update or now. If you have any critic or feedback please do contact me!

Current fund capital: 12883.39
Total amount of investors: 78
Average Weekly profit: 3.318%

Okay so hm where to start.
I can start off with the biggest event of the Week which is the Gigamining shares, I managed to ensure a deal which ended up being 3100 GigaMining shares for 1.26 BTC each. I managed to resale about 1900 Shares for 1.35 BTC each for a profit of about 0.09 BTC per share making it a total of about 170 BTC. This was a really great trade for GBF and I think it was worth the wait. I am going to be looking to make more of these kinds of trades in the future as it helps everyone, I want to state that these shares were sold privately (at least most of them, about 95%) and I am not the one responsible for the massive share price dip for Gigamining shares. I believe that this spike is only a short term effect, as the market is flooded by new shares, I still think there is a bid demand for these shares and that the prices will start going up again soon!
Another positive thing that happened due to this deal was that we started of this new week (11th of June) with 28 BTC in dividend from GigaMining which is great!

Rebate,BDK and other JRO/Kluge ventures are still a bit shaky and have a lower then usual share price. I have been in contact with both of them and it seems like everythings fine and the trouble they had before is cleared up. A lot of new things are happening and JRO is simply putting things on the backburner for now hence the slow progress, this does not meant the project is abandoned but the dividends might be slightly delayed. JRO has a lot of nice projects coming up which ofc I am involved in, as I have been helping out with contract writing and investor relationships. Hopefully there will be more great deals that GBF can take advantage of in the future from JRO, more updates will come regarding the new ventures when I know more.

CPA, launched this week. Usagi also known as Tsukino released a public announcement of the insurance company called CPA https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85444.0
As I have talked to Usagi and worked closely with him the most recent couple of days with BMF and ensuring that it's run properly, I was also told about CPA. I think it's a really good idea and a great thing that the community is currently missing, so I have decided to help out. I have talked to Usagi at length about different aspects of the company and the venture, and I have to say I am impressed, he was on top of everything and could give me detailed and ensuring answers. He seems to have the knowledge and skills to make it and create the first every Bitcoin insurance company. Hence I have decided to join him and help him out, I am going to act as Investor relationship managers. This will hopefully also help GBF get good deals on insurance as well as a great opportunity to get in site in a new and exiting venture.
Me and Usagi have already made the deal to trade 500 Bitcoins worth of holdings in GBF for 5000 CPA shares, I think this is a deal which serves great for both of us.

That's about all for me this week, if there's any questions or concerns please do ask!
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 03:53:19 AM

Interesting news about CPA. Im even more certain its a great idea and Im glad I picked up a few shares.

ludo0777

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 07:07:47 PM

I want to invest, I've pm'd you. Wink
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 03:24:14 PM

Hello guys!
I have some bad news and some good news,
so let's start with the good news. I have managed to get us a deal for BitBond shares and I am now selling them for 0.55 BTC for anyone that wants to purchase some. The numbers on what price,amount etc that were sold and the profit made in this deal will be released at the end of the week
The bad news is that I have started a new research project this week and I am feeling like my energy and time is very limited, this means that this weeks and next weeks profit might be slightly less then the average profit due to that my performance as a manager will be decreased during these two weeks. I am going to do my best and try to spend as much time an energy on the fund as possible, but I just wanted to inform you guys about my situation and the effect it might have on the fund.
//DeaDTerra
Lord F(r)og
Donator

Activity: 477
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 10:23:41 AM

Hello guys!
so let's start with the good news. I have managed to get us a deal for BitBond shares and I am now selling them for 0.55 BTC for anyone that wants to purchase some. The numbers on what price,amount etc that were sold and the profit made in this deal will be released at the end of the week
The bad news is that I have started a new research project this week and I am feeling like my energy and time is very limited, this means that this weeks and next weeks profit might be slightly less then the average profit due to that my performance as a manager will be decreased during these two weeks. I am going to do my best and try to spend as much time an energy on the fund as possible, but I just wanted to inform you guys about my situation and the effect it might have on the fund.
//DeaDTerra

Due to your great efforts and archivements till now, I've got no concerns about your time-out. Furthermore, wouldn't be surprised if the GBF will benefit from it in the end. Thumbs up.
VEscudero
Donator

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

Bitcoin, Ripple & Blockchain pioneer

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 01:05:18 PM

Sometimes it is wiser to keep out of the market for a while, specially when things are happening so fast that you can easily make a bad move.

DeadTerra, I really appreciate your effort to take care of our hard earned coins.

https://www.vescudero.net   ★ VEscudero's Blog about cybersecurity, blockchain, bitcoin and open source ★
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 01:16:37 PM

Hello guys!
//DeaDTerra

Due to your great efforts and archivements till now, I've got no concerns about your time-out. Furthermore, wouldn't be surprised if the GBF will benefit from it in the end. Thumbs up.

Sometimes it is wiser to keep out of the market for a while, specially when things are happening so fast that you can easily make a bad move.

DeadTerra, I really appreciate your effort to take care of our hard earned coins.

Thank you guys for the kind words Smiley
I am currently trying my best to turn the profit around but it's possible that we might end up on a slightly negative profit this week, for the first time since the fund was opened to public. But I hope that i can turn this short term lose into a long term profit, hopefully it will be worth it in the end. I will write a full report on our situation later on tonight after I have paid out the profit.
//DeaDTerra
XertroV

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

Max Kaye

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 03:01:56 PM

I'd like to add my thanks to the list Smiley

Also, if anyone's interested, I've made a little spreadsheet that pulls your current balance, the total in the fund, it includes the latest logbook and has links to the various documents. (as well as a few other things, pretty self explanatory)
You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApM0OoY0a2OAdEpXempDRnRiVzhpU2JWcEFWaE1yQlE#gid=0

You'll need to make a copy (File > Make a Copy) then you can set your investor number (your row in the table of investors) and everything should update automatically.
(As an aside, this is distributed as copyright free, public domain style)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 03:06:39 PM

I'd like to add my thanks to the list Smiley

Also, if anyone's interested, I've made a little spreadsheet that pulls your current balance, the total in the fund, it includes the latest logbook and has links to the various documents. (as well as a few other things, pretty self explanatory)
You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApM0OoY0a2OAdEpXempDRnRiVzhpU2JWcEFWaE1yQlE#gid=0

You'll need to make a copy (File > Make a Copy) then you can set your investor number (your row in the table of investors) and everything should update automatically.
(As an aside, this is distributed as copyright free, public domain style)
No problems, I am very happy that you guys like my service, I am very happy to provide it for you guys Cheesy.
That is a very nice spreadsheet, if you have any feedback on mine I would be happy to get some help to improve it, for example how to pull the MTgox price etc.
//DeaDTerra
XertroV

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

Max Kaye

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 05:08:51 PM

No problems, I am very happy that you guys like my service, I am very happy to provide it for you guys Cheesy.
That is a very nice spreadsheet, if you have any feedback on mine I would be happy to get some help to improve it, for example how to pull the MTgox price etc.
//DeaDTerra

Sent PM regarding pulling data from mtgox.
One thing I've just realised though is google docs only pulls the data once (using ImportData), so updating is a bit annoying, and it's also not guaranteed to be the same when two people open the document (not sure if it pulls the data through google servers or directly and caches it, but if it's the latter then this will certainly happen) so it makes comparison and discussion more ambiguous if you use the value to calculate anything. (Unless you have a static $/btc cell and then the dynamically updated one next to it, and do that for all the stuff you calculate with it, but that seems both redundant and a hassle).

On the note of your spreadsheets, I really like they way they're set up; they're not overly embellished and they're not too compact either - which would make pulling/processing data more annoying (both cognitively and computationally). As it stands, their purpose is clean and simple information storage, and they do that quite well; any sort of 'user front end' type thing is a different matter, and more complicated (not to mention fiddly).

As it stands, maybe an aggregate spreadsheet wouldn't be a bad idea (one that pulls data from all 3, say like one sheet for the assets, one for the investor list and one for the most recent logbook week), but all that does, really, is move the tabs from the top of my browser to the bottom of a spreadsheet, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
vite
Legendary

Activity: 1018

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 08:56:34 PM

5 BTC sent, as deposit Smiley
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 08:58:25 PM

5 BTC sent, as deposit Smiley
Confirmed Smiley
//DeaDTerra
guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 06:43:42 AM

You'd not be the only person, or manager who was down for this week investing in the securities markets (some took a nearly 20% beating)

a little correction is in order at times.

Hopefully the downturn in the mining bond market will encourage some of the mining operations to come up with some shorter term bonds. These perpetual bonds are going to continue to lose value (and fast if we start having a rapidly rising exchange rate!) -

Amazingrando may have an excellent plan with his plan to offer margin loans via glbse with his bonds as collateral. This may encourage additional buying of BITBOND

Keep up the good work!

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:37:33 AM

Weekly update.
    Hey guys, another week has passed unfortunately. This has been the worst week in terms of performance, that the fund has ever had. Sadly we landed on negative -6.07% for this week.

I want to start off saying I take partial blame for this week's horrible profit, I have been very busy and haven't had time/energy to update log books, optimize bots and manually flip/margin trade. This is something that I usually do on a daily basis, this week I simply didn't have the time or energy to do this as often as possible. Hence the normal advantage GBF has against other investment opportunities didn't apply for this week. As I feel that the loses are partially my fault I have decided to not take any admin fee for the next 2 up coming weeks. I hope this shows you guys that I am taking the fund seriously and that I take responsibility for the results of the fund, if I feel I have misbehaved or something being my fault.

With that said, I would also claim that it was not simple me slacking that made us land on -6% in profit, it was a combination of three events that happened in rapid succession. If one of these events would happen without the other two following we would be fine, but as all these three events happened almost at the same time (with one or two days between each other), this caused a panic in the market which would otherwise not have been so bad. Hence I admit I was not prepared for all of these things happening at once, that combined with that I didn't have the time to continuously checking the market lead to that my responses were a bit to late and instead of selling off for a lose I decided to keep the shares. Anyways let's start from the first event and then finish of with a analysis and a evaluation, it's important to learn from you mistakes Smiley

Last weekend, I was really happy. I had managed to get over 2000 GigaMining shares, for 1.26 BTC and managed to sell off 1000 of them for over 150 BTC in pure profit. I decided to keep 1100 of them as GigaMining shares were at the time stable at around 1.35-1.4 BTC and they were paying out big and regular dividends. This proved the be a bad decision, at least short term. The massive flooding of privately sold shares, created a lot of fuzz with the already existing public investors. When the information that several thousand Gigamining shares had been sold for cheaper then the normal 1.5 BTC, the investors got mad and felt like they had been tricked. This combined with that some of the big private investors started selling off shares for less then the face value lead to a panic. People realized that their shares were dropping in price and they started to sell off. This drove the price down to 1.3 BTC each, which was fine, we still had a good amount of support and I thought it was only going to be a short term dip.

The second event happened shortly after, the Bitcoin price started increasing, a rally was on the horizon. The price increased by 0.5$ from 5.1 to 5.6$ in just a couple of hours. According to my experience when the Bitcoin price increases, people start shorting and selling off on GLBSE as they believe they can make more profit on the market, using the exchanges etc, than they can on GLBSE. Also people that have been looking to sell off Bitcoins now spring into action, as the value of their Bitcoins have increased. This combined with the reaction of the other investors, creates another panic or a bearish attitude against the share prices. This drove on the already existing bearish attitude towards Gigamining driving the prices down even further into 1.2-1.25. Later on the price increased even more and hit the 6$ mark, this lead to more sell offs and the price hit a low of 1.1$.

As you can see the two events above lead to a small panic, and a very bearish attitude of the investors, why should I hold my shares when I can sell and get the cheaper later on. I held our shares, as I didn't want to sell at a loss, plus the dividends were still good and I thought they were worth holding. It was only going to be a short term dip, mid and long term the shares would increase in price again, this is something I still stand for but, now I don't think they will go up to 1.5 BTC but more a range of 1.2-1.3 BTC is possible, when the rebound happens. I also believe it will a longer time for this rebound to happen due to the third event. The third event, that led me to think that a increase in share price to the original 1.5 BTC is unlikely and the length of time this dip will last was increased, is the ASIC announcement. I am sure everyone has already seen them, if not basically BFL has announced that they are starting to design/produce new ASIC products that will wipe the floor with any current mining hardware. This ofc lead to a even further fall of the mining bonds due to that people thought there is no reason to hold 1 mhash if it will be worthless in a couple of months. The Gigamining price hit the 1BTC per share and has been pretty stable ever since.

My opinion of our current situation and the ASIC development, and on the mining bond price is that I will keep holding the bonds, at this moment I think they are underpriced due to the panic of the three events above, I think after a couple of weeks they will stabilize, at maybe not the same point as before but still around 0.26-0.28 BTC per mhash. If not then I still think they are worth holding simply for the dividend that are received from the mining bonds. This brings us into the ASIC topic, will it be worth keeping these mining bonds? Won't the ASIC make the current mining bond useless? I do not think so. I think that the ASIC technology is months away if not even half a year or more before first produce. Think about BFL single of the BFL mining rig, BFL likes to announce things before they are ready hence I am not to worried about the ASIC development.The FPGA has almost not effected out network speed at all, we are still nto above the 2011 high in network speed, hence I think it will take a long time might even be more then a year before we starts seeing big impacts on the difficulty due to ASIC. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.msg969114#msg969114)

Evaluation, The losses this week were due to a low amount of management from me, which lead to old order books which in turn lead to unnecessary losses. It was also due to the three events mentioned above, what I would like to take from this is to always try to keep the order book refreshed and also don't go to heavy in one market in this case mining bonds.

As always I am very happy to take feedback and criticism, if you think I have acted badly then please say so. The only way I can get better and GBF can become more successful is if you guys give me feedback that I can take and work with Smiley
    I also want to say thank you to all the understanding investors that has stood by me and helped me out in rough times Cheesy Thank you guys!
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 11:52:06 AM

Some statistics:
Current Fund worth in BTC: 12895 BTC
Current Fund worth in USD: 83559.6 USD
Number of Investors: 84
Average profit per week: 2.726%
Average profit per month: 10.904%
//DeaDTerra
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 12:04:22 PM

I too have had a bit of a loss on the mining bonds in my personal holdings, but I don't see BFL bringing ASIC to the market any time soon. Last time it took very long for them to deliver their promises, and even now people are still waiting for their singles. We'll see if the mining bonds will pay off their purchase price… meanwhile, I made much more profit on the Bitcoin price rising, so I'm happy anyway Smiley

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 12:06:58 PM

I too have had a bit of a loss on the mining bonds in my personal holdings, but I don't see BFL bringing ASIC to the market any time soon. Last time it took very long for them to deliver their promises, and even now people are still waiting for their singles. We'll see if the mining bonds will pay off their purchase price… meanwhile, I made much more profit on the Bitcoin price rising, so I'm happy anyway Smiley
Indeed, I doubt that BFL will have the ASIC hardware out to the public anytime soon. Indeed unfortunatly the fund is denominated in BTC xD, We made a 10% profit in USD if we count the fund value in USD. So I guess for the people that count their profit in USD they are not to unhappy.
//DeaDTerra
cst

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Cosmos doesn't care about you.

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 12:24:40 PM

Not the best week, but I'm sure we'll come out on top with GBF anyway, so I'm not that worried :)
Damn that ASIC panic :p why do people have to be so irrational, we're months away from first boards hitting the market. They haven't even provided a rough estimate on the date in the announcement.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 07:47:53 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2012, 08:17:33 PM by DeaDTerra

I was planning on creating a asset on GLBSE for GBF, this is a rough draft of the contract

Each bond gives the owner the right to 70% of the profit made for a 0.1 BTC balance in GBF (Gamma Bitcoin Fund). 7.5% of the profit not paid out will be taken as a admin fee and the 22.5% will be kept in a reserve deposit to ensure the value of each bond, in case of loses. Whenever the reserve buffer contains 0.02 BTC per share a full 92.5% of the profit will be paid out.In case of a situation where the loses reaches more than 0.04 BTC per share, then 0% of the profit will be paid out and 92.5% will be used as an emergency buffer until the balance is back to 0.1BTC per share. The profit will be paid out on a weekly basis anytime from Friday-Sunday. If the dividend would not be paid for some reason then a double dividend will be paid the week after.The Issuer has the right to terminate the asset in the event of insolvency by liquidating any company savings to pay out a final dividend. The Issuer has the right to buy back, at any time, all shares issued for 0.1 BTC per Bond, at the time of the buy back the total amount of the reserve buffer will be paid out as a final dividend. The issuer has the right to at any time issue more bonds.

For more info about GBF and the most recent news go to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.0

What's your opinion on it? do you have any feedback or criticism?
Thanks
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2012, 08:52:06 PM

I was planning on creating a asset on GLBSE for GBF, this is a rough draft of the contract

Each bond gives the owner the right to 70% of the profit made for a 0.1 BTC balance in GBF (Gamma Bitcoin Fund). 7.5% of the profit not paid out will be taken as a admin fee and the 22.5% will be kept in a reserve deposit to ensure the value of each bond, in case of loses. Whenever the reserve buffer contains 0.02 BTC per share a full 92.5% of the profit will be paid out.In case of a situation where the loses reaches more than 0.04 BTC per share, then 0% of the profit will be paid out and 92.5% will be used as an emergency buffer until the balance is back to 0.1BTC per share. The profit will be paid out on a weekly basis anytime from Friday-Sunday. If the dividend would not be paid for some reason then a double dividend will be paid the week after.The Issuer has the right to terminate the asset in the event of insolvency by liquidating any company savings to pay out a final dividend. The Issuer has the right to buy back, at any time, all shares issued for 0.1 BTC per Bond, at the time of the buy back the total amount of the reserve buffer will be paid out as a final dividend. The issuer has the right to at any time issue more bonds.

For more info about GBF and the most recent news go to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74975.0

What's your opinion on it? do you have any feedback or criticism?
Thanks
//DeaDTerra

Why don't you just do a full pass through, as if people were investing money with you directly? I can understand a fee to cover trading fees and transfers, other than that the buyback rule seems odd. If your fund traded above 0.1 you could just buy back the fund for 0.1 and give investors none of the value above 0.1. Anyways, I'm happy to see GBF on the GLBSE.

I would imagine you you manage the GLBSE issue like it was a single gamma account.
The reason why I don't do a full pass through is due to what happens if the fund goes negative, I can't remove the loses from the balance of the account as the value of the bond is stated in the contract, so I have decide to use a buffer system instead to protect against any loses. The reason why I have the buy back at 0.1 is because that's what the bond is worth, the profit is paid out each week hence the contract is only worth the initial balance of 0.1 BTC per share. Any price increase further then that is just the market anticipating a good profit.
Yes the plan is to manage the account as a single investor in GBF Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: