Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:26:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312381 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:20:00 AM

honey badger wants xmr at 0.0185 wouldnt that be great?  Smiley

I would not be surprised to see XMR testing 185 in the very next time.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:59:16 AM

honey badger wants xmr at 0.0185 wouldnt that be great?  Smiley

I would not be surprised to see XMR testing 185 in the very next time.

agreed. Could happen any time. Even this weekend. Not a huge stretch after all and fluffy is doing Dallas, sorry, San Francisco. Another ninja launch may be imminent.

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:01:29 AM

Monero seems to have solidly replaced LTC and XRP with the 3rd highest Market Cap behind BTC and ETH.  

I see a day in the not too distant future when it holds the #2 spot and #1 is still pretty unclear at the moment but, is definitely doable in the long run!

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/

Edit: currently at $18.72!
Luxo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:06:34 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 07:45:21 AM by Luxo

I see the price go up a few dollars and I just think: "Meh, there is more potential than this". Crazy but that's how I feel these days.

I speculate that it will be likely that we hit an ATH of 100$+ this year.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 07:11:16 AM

Positive press again on Monero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQU1XtWaNk8

"Today's episode is sponsored by Dash"

zomg cant even....

XD

Darkcoin is doing right two things: 1) Marketing 2) The funding of development (they do not come to cheap Scrooge McDuck to ask for donations).

By the way, tomorrow is the key day of 5th of January, how do you think it will change the price? Up or down?

How familiar are you with Dash's particular/individual marketing and funding initiatives?

By scrutinizing and evaluating each Dash budget item on a case by case ROI basis, one will find they have largely been counterproductive and often epic failures.

The Lamassu ATM integration project is an ongoing, unmitigated fiasco.  Likewise for the Public Relations contract.

Rather than demonstrate the viability of "Distributed Governance By Blockchain" all Dash accomplished was to show the world how having no single responsible entity (and thus accountability) leads to resources being wasted without corresponding guarantees of intended outcomes.

Monero's FFS is vastly superior because it allows us to vote with our coins, getting our 'skin in the game' by ensuring those who support unsuccessful projects bear the cost of their failure.  That's what we used to call 'putting your money where your mouth is.'

This approach exists in stark contrast to the moral hazard of Dash's budget system, where Masternode owners who are insulated by their Ponzi dividends may wantonly and/or fecklessly commit the entire Dash bagholder community to paying via a hidden inflation tax the cost of their ill-conceived and poorly executed pump/hype/spam marketing ploys.

IOW, the free money which Duffield's centralized exorbitant privilege allows to be printed in unlimited quantities is *intrinsically* misallocated because the incentive structure fails to 'close the loop' by penalizing Masternode owners who vote for bad proposals.

Monero's FFS is exquisitely tailored to subsume that constraint, in that the burden of absorbing the cost of failed proposals falls directly (and exclusively) on those foolish enough to fund them.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:18:51 AM

You have hilarious trust feedback.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
weilichesbin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:37:23 AM

Someone think Monero can hit 100 USD?

keeptrollintrollin

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:40:32 AM

Better to put a time-frame with that question. I give it a 1/2 possibility for ever reaching 100 USD. This year, don't think so.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 08:43:55 AM

By scrutinizing and evaluating each Dash budget item on a case by case ROI basis, one will find they have largely been counterproductive and often epic failures.

The Lamassu ATM integration project is an ongoing, unmitigated fiasco.  Likewise for the Public Relations contract.

Rather than demonstrate the viability of "Distributed Governance By Blockchain" all Dash accomplished was to show the world how having no single responsible entity (and thus accountability) leads to resources being wasted without corresponding guarantees of intended outcomes.

Monero's FFS is vastly superior because it allows us to vote with our coins, getting our 'skin in the game' by ensuring those who support unsuccessful projects bear the cost of their failure.  That's what we used to call 'putting your money where your mouth is.'

This approach exists in stark contrast to the moral hazard of Dash's budget system, where Masternode owners who are insulated by their Ponzi dividends may wantonly and/or fecklessly commit the entire Dash bagholder community to paying via a hidden inflation tax the cost of their ill-conceived and poorly executed pump/hype/spam marketing ploys.

IOW, the free money which Duffield's centralized exorbitant privilege allows to be printed in unlimited quantities is *intrinsically* misallocated because the incentive structure fails to 'close the loop' by penalizing Masternode owners who vote for bad proposals.

Monero's FFS is exquisitely tailored to subsume that constraint, in that the burden of absorbing the cost of failed proposals falls directly (and exclusively) on those foolish enough to fund them.

Quote from: kilo17
"iCEBREAKER sent bitcoin first. Super guy to deal with and would highly recommend."

If my feedback is hilarious, it's because the trust rating system on this BBS is a joke.   Wink

Your attempt to attack me for criticizing Dash and unfavorably comparing it to Monero is likewise hilarious.   Cheesy

I wonder which will happen first, Monero reaching $1000 or Dash hitting zero?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:54:24 AM

Better to put a time-frame with that question. I give it a 1/2 possibility for ever reaching 100 USD. This year, don't think so.

XMR went up something like 2500% this year - you think it's only a 50% chance it can ever grow another 600%?

I'd say that is conservative odds.

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:00:58 AM

Quote from: kilo17
"iCEBREAKER sent bitcoin first. Super guy to deal with and would highly recommend."

If my feedback is hilarious, it's because the trust rating system on this BBS is a joke.   Wink

Your attempt to attack me for criticizing Dash and unfavorably comparing it to Monero is likewise hilarious.   Cheesy

I wonder which will happen first, Monero reaching $1000 or Dash hitting zero?

It will gradually be de-listed at more exchanges until it's irrelevant - we won't notice when it finally has gone.  Off Polo within 2 years? Likely IMO.

Meanwhile XMR at No.2 this year is looking a decent prospect.  I will settle for Crown Prince, while Dash will not be allowed a seat at the top table.

我想要火箭和火车
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:27:45 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 05:28:41 AM by johnsmithx

Your attempt to attack me for criticizing Dash and unfavorably comparing it to Monero is likewise hilarious.   Cheesy

My attempt to attack you for criticizing Dash? Kiddo, you are seriously delusional. I haven't written here in this topic for months and I couldn't care less about some Dash, whatever that is.

Now I understand why most of your negative feedback says you are just an ordinary troll.

EDIT: this little scamming kid just gave me a fake negative feedback because I publicly pointed out his vast and exclusively negative feedback, hilariously pathetic. Added to my personal list of scammers, added to the ignore list and gave a genuine negative feedback. I encourage everyone to give him a negative feedback and ignore him as well.

The little retard is apparently incapable of comprehending that his fake negative feedbacks don't matter in the slightest. He even went as far as to fake and fabricate my quote of his post which is just insane. Everyone can easily see that in my post #26596 I referred to him by an empty quote (to not dirty this forum even further with his mental garbage), yet he actually tried to make an impression that I quoted his post. So furious and desperate, and so futile. The boy is genuinely mentally sick, I feel sorry for his parents.

By the way, you dumb mental boy "iCEBREAKER", by mining monero I have already made more than you will make in your entire life, that is if you ever get a job once you grow up, if you ever grow up that is (and if you are ever released from the mental asylum).

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:44:46 AM

Looks like the hot money on Polo is fleeing from Etherium - I hope XMR will get the fair share of it.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:46:44 AM

www.woobull.com/the-network-effects-of-volatility-and-liquidity-bitcoin-vs-other-payment-coins :

"2016 has been a bull year for privacy coins. Earlier this year we saw mooning of Monero which saw subsequent pumps in other dark-coins including ShadowCash and Navcoin. Then we witnessed a mega-hyped launch of ZCash which peaked at an astounding $5.3k per coin.
All of these coins are Payment Coins competing in the battle win the war to be General Money."

"I will be looking at the leading coins by market cap, namely Bitcoin, Monero, Dash, ZCash and ShadowCash"

"The liquidity of alt-payment-coins have been on a rapid rise in 2016, particularly in the case of Monero which if this year’s trend continues could match Bitcoin in just one year."

"The study concluded Bitcoin would achieve fiat level volatility by mid-2019"

"First up in our alt-payment-coin list is Monero, the biggest payment coin behind Bitcoin. Unfortunately Monero over its 2.5 year history has shown an increasing trend in volatility. We’ve seen a lot more speculators pushing the price around during its 2016 price breakouts. Here we see how keeping liquidity high and volatility low can be like pulling on opposite ends of a tug-o-war. Often high volatility attracts traders which then feeds an increase in liquidity.
Though Monero may be losing out on reduced volatility, it has a very important feature. Unlike Dash, ZCash and ShadowCash it is unique in that it is not a fork of Bitcoin, so it has a chance of winning the payment coin war by competitor implosion should there be a vulnerability in Bitcoin’s codebase. Monero is an excellent Bitcoin hedge in my opinion."

"Bitcoin’s lead in liquidity is not unassailable, Monero could match it in a year, Dash and ShadowCash in just over two."

"Low volatility is much harder to achieve and Bitcoin has a solid lead in this regard. No other payment coin is on track to catch Bitcoin"

"All of Bitcoin’s competitors tote features that Bitcoin is lacking – faster confirmation times and private payments. Both of these features will most likely be coming to Bitcoin as layer 2 protocols in 2017. If and when this happens, the battle for payments and general money will be fought solely on the playing field of economic network effects, that of liquidity and volatility. Bitcoin remains the standout contender in this regard."

Just remembered this post.

Er... 'Low volatility...' '....Bitcoin has a solid lead in this regard'

Just watched Finex drop a couple of hundred USD in a minute  Smiley

我想要火箭和火车
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:47:36 AM

I will have to correct you as the FFS is even better, if someone fails to deliver on his proposal usually the funds are saved either a) for someone else doing the same proposal or b) after months of inactiveness they will get used for other projects. The beauty of milestones in a proposal isnt it ? Smiley
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:51:49 AM

I am 99% sure Monero will be more then $100 one day.

About this year I would say this. If Bitcoin moon to $5000 I am 99% sure we will see $100 Monero this year.
andrew2k

Activity: 417
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:26:45 PM

I am 99% sure Monero will be more then $100 one day.

About this year I would say this. If Bitcoin moon to $5000 I am 99% sure we will see $100 Monero this year.

Lately it looked like the market started moving faster and faster and it's good to have a lot of movement but too much growth might do bad. Since new years eve we've seen fluctuations of the total market cap of Bitcoin+Alts of over 3 billion dollars. We might see a downtrend soon not only for Bitcoin but all the major Alts as well but I hope they will all stabilize and not collapse. The big or rather huge risk of all this is if something like Mt. Gox or something much smaller (which will make investors think about the risks of keeping their money in Crypto Exchanges) might lead to a domino effect.

The results could be unimaginable, years of lack of trust in Exchanges and so in Crypto trading like we've witnessed before.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 12:36:49 PM

I will have to correct you as the FFS is even better, if someone fails to deliver on his proposal usually the funds are saved either a) for someone else doing the same proposal or b) after months of inactiveness they will get used for other projects. The beauty of milestones in a proposal isnt it ? Smiley

That's true, but financial backers of failed proposals still either suffer delays in delivery of the contracted work or reappropriation of their donations, which are non-refundable AFAIK.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CryptoPH

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

<3 Crypto

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:22:49 PM

Wooow! XMR price dived, driven by BTC.  Angry

nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 01:27:38 PM

Some bizarre price movement at present - BTC down to 885 on Stamp, XMR down to $14USD but still holding firm against BTC. 

This is some shakeout/correction.

Pages: « 1 ... 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: