Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:49:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312391 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:26:15 AM

So boys...

What's it gonna be a slow drift down to ~0.02/~100usd or another correcting spike up to ~0.05/~250usd?

We will get to 0.05 eventually of course, but this year or next year is the question.
Probably a slow climb to around 150-200$. But it all depends, more (bad) news about regulation and making Monero illegal would probably give a faster growth as any publicity usually inflates prices.

I think we will hit .03+ in the coming weeks - hoping to see it in a few days - but who knows... this is crypto!

.05 or .03 when bitcoin can be 3000 or 5000 makes huge difference
why you are sticked to volatile  pair anyway? you have to compare and measure profits agains more stble pair XMR/USD to have proper overview what is happening

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:29:30 AM

Newbie to Monero here. I have a small amount, but with recent price climbing I have a nice $50, which for me is a great start with no regrets to buy in later. Now I found a coin I like and I can have faith in. My burning question is this,,, why or how on earth did Dash become so much, that it is more than even Litecoin and Monero combined? And why has the recent bad news not affected Dash?

Also, why do Dash and Monero people hate each other?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 10:34:55 AM

So boys...

What's it gonna be a slow drift down to ~0.02/~100usd or another correcting spike up to ~0.05/~250usd?

We will get to 0.05 eventually of course, but this year or next year is the question.
Probably a slow climb to around 150-200$. But it all depends, more (bad) news about regulation and making Monero illegal would probably give a faster growth as any publicity usually inflates prices.

I think we will hit .03+ in the coming weeks - hoping to see it in a few days - but who knows... this is crypto!

.05 or .03 when bitcoin can be 3000 or 5000 makes huge difference
why you are sticked to volatile  pair anyway? you have to compare and measure profits agains more stble pair XMR/USD to have proper overview what is happening

because all alts are measured V BTC... until XMR hits a 50B marketcap that is the way I will measure it..

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 10:45:10 AM

My burning question is this,,, why or how on earth did Dash become so much, that it is more than even Litecoin and Monero combined?

Dash is half the value of Litecoin and Monero combined.

$2,570,335,070 / ($4,107,157,475 + $1,789,823,701) = 0.435873032876712 = 43%.

Masternodes is the answer - so much of the supply is tied up.. plus the largest holder is the megawhale.. 

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:53:27 AM

So, quick poll here boys: what do y'all think kinda looks good at the moment OTHER than XMR for me to put some of this liquidated Dash money into?

The next one on my list is Bitcoin.

I know this is off topic but I value the Monero communities input on this.  Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, or Ripple, which one to hold? I was thinking Litecoin has the ability to gain the most and has a good team.

My crystal Ball is broken the last six months, sorry. Be careful with litecoin it is a mostly held chinese coin with some monster bag holders.They played HUGE and I mean Trump HUGE (lol) ponzie schemes with LTC until I believe it was banned. I guess Ponzies are legal in china or some such thing. Smiley

Ripple of course is centralized and controlled P&D's and they seem to be carefully building MC after their scam Cap creation.

ETC may someday take over if ETH's Centralization or just plain incompetent Dev team tanks it.
How about Dash and Zcash? If you compare top old coin on coinmarketcap to Monero, I think Dash and Zcash also like Monero.
Of course, I'm a fan of Monero and do not spend my money for invest to Dash or Zcash (but I have invest to 2 coins clone from them are PIVX and Zcoin)
However, I want know your opinion about them. Smiley

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:54:36 AM

My burning question is this,,, why or how on earth did Dash become so much, that it is more than even Litecoin and Monero combined?

Dash is half the value of Litecoin and Monero combined.

$2,570,335,070 / ($4,107,157,475 + $1,789,823,701) = 0.435873032876712 = 43%.

Masternodes is the answer - so much of the supply is tied up.. plus the largest holder is the megawhale.. 

I think DASH was in the right place at the right time - I sold all my DASH for LTC a couple of years ago as I thought it was going nowhere, would be worth quite a lot now - DOH
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 11:09:06 AM

Monero price is for the moment quite stable, it is fluctuating around 120$. Do you guys expect on the short term a new rise or? I am now it is sometimes difficult to predict, but I am just curious  Wink

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 11:26:59 AM

Call the phone number and report back with details of the fascinating conversation.  Wink

Ask how many more 0-day exploits they have for Dash's InstantSend and PrivateSend.  Grin

Perhaps DoD/NSA/DEA will join the Montero Enterprise Alliance?  They can use XMR to hide their cocaine/heroin import profits, embezzlement, contractor kickbacks, money laundering to black ops, and bribes paid to corrupt foreign and domestic officials.

I'm sure they'd like to be reminded that Montrero enables defections which Bitcoin cannot.

Monero’s Allure

Furthermore, potential attackers are at a disadvantage for another reason. Monero tends to oppose organizations rather than people. Even someone who stands to lose from Monero by not reacting to it, such as a banker or government agent, stands to gain a great deal by buying now. Only the very wealthiest people might reasonably expect to be worse off attempting to buy up as much as possible now than if it were gone. (This could happen if their attempt to buy caused the price to rise too fast relative to their ability to acquire additional Moneros, to the point that they ultimately had less influence over the future Monero economy than they have over the economy of today.) Thus, the agency problem with Monero affects Monero competitors as well as Monero holders.

Nearly any government agent who begins to see Monero as a potential threat must also simultaneously see it as an opportunity. He, too, can invest in Monero. And why shouldn’t he? Monero may be a threat to his livelihood, but it may well be making him an offer he can’t refuse. How can an organization that stands to lose by the adoption of Monero provide its members with a better opportunity for staying loyal than Monero provides for defection?

Even those who might resist the temptation to defect would have to think about the defection of his fellows. How quickly is adoption happening? Is there time to mount an attack before Monero becomes too powerful? How easily could the resources for such an attack be amassed, given both the ignorance and treachery of the other agents. If such an attack would be unlikely to succeed, then buying now would be the only intelligent action. Regardless of whether he liked Monero, it would be futile to continue pursuing a doomed cause.

Potential Monero attackers are in a Prisoner’s Dilemma. In the same way that the people cannot easily rebel against the king owing to a lack of coordination on their part, governments cannot rebel against Monero for the same reason. The government puts the people in a Prisoner’s Dilemma against one another, and Monero does the same to government agents.

Monero is like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Monero attracts inside men to act as covert saboteurs. There have long been predictions from both Moneroers and naysayers of impending government attacks, but I think there is a possibility that Monero could win without suffering much resistance. Moreover, although I said above only that any legal Monero attack could be perverted, the considerations discussed in this section tend to make such diffusion very likely.

Monero defends itself by being obscure, but once it has attracted someone’s attention, its best interest is for that person to understand the logic presented here. For then he will also understand that his best course is to deny Monero’s threat to his superiors and quietly to become its willing slave.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:14:48 PM

No one hates anyone!

There are some people that have good knowledge of crypto and thinks highly of Monero and spend their time pointing on flaws in other crypto coins.  There is many such people and are more active during different times. so some that were active 3 years ago, now lost their hope to change the Cryptoverse, but there are always new showing up everyday.

Since this  people dont see any mayor flaws in Monero then suporters of other coins count them as a "Monero community" what is a bit silly on my opinion for a money to have a community at all.  So members of centralized coins or tokens that were shown flaws in their coins then try to find flaws in Monero and cant. So then decide to point out that biggest flaw of Monero are this Crypto experts that "attack" other coins. And that biggest Monero flaw is their aggressive community toward other coins technology.

I know is hard to understand what I wrote, since my English is not perfect. But this is what was happening in last 3 years. Simply because Monero could not be attacked technical, there was attacks on people that believed that Monero is good crypto currency.

c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:53:12 PM

No one hates anyone!

There are some people that have good knowledge of crypto and thinks highly of Monero and spend their time pointing on flaws in other crypto coins.  There is many such people and are more active during different times. so some that were active 3 years ago, now lost their hope to change the Cryptoverse, but there are always new showing up everyday.

Since this  people dont see any mayor flaws in Monero then suporters of other coins count them as a "Monero community" what is a bit silly on my opinion for a money to have a community at all.  So members of centralized coins or tokens that were shown flaws in their coins then try to find flaws in Monero and cant. So then decide to point out that biggest flaw of Monero are this Crypto experts that "attack" other coins. And that biggest Monero flaw is their aggressive community toward other coins technology.

I know is hard to understand what I wrote, since my English is not perfect. But this is what was happening in last 3 years. Simply because Monero could not be attacked technical, there was attacks on people that believed that Monero is good crypto currency.

Yep. Warning others about putting their hard-earned money into bad tech is not hate. Bad tech may make money now but it will eventually crumble, and it already is. When the price will reflect that, who knows, but I'd rather not see the masses in the rubble when they could have put their money into good tech.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:59:13 PM

Yep. Warning others about putting their hard-earned money into bad tech is not hate. Bad tech may make money now but it will eventually crumble, and it already is. When the price will reflect that, who knows, but I'd rather not see the masses in the rubble when they could have put their money into good tech.

When the promoters of bad tech spend a fortune on marketing, they see pointing out the flaws as hate.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:54:37 PM

How about Dash and Zcash? If you compare top old coin on coinmarketcap to Monero, I think Dash and Zcash also like Monero.
Of course, I'm a fan of Monero and do not spend my money for invest to Dash or Zcash (but I have invest to 2 coins clone from them are PIVX and Zcoin)
However, I want know your opinion about them. Smiley

Dash is a scam that was pre-mined or insta mined whicher term you prefer and Evan personally screwed me and alot of other miners on launch. It is also a substandard crypto that offers nothing other coins cannot. It's rise has been because of the massive premine and subsequent fork that changed the mining reward to make that pre-mine worth even more. Furthermore with the masternode addition it took much of the owned coins off the market and paid them dividends thereby continually lining the pockets of the scammring preminers. 500 Masternodes were taken offline and used to pump the price and that is why Dash's market cap increased. And now the masternode system has finally failed and been removed so I would expect alot of profit taking in an orderly fashion so as not to tank their ill gotten gains.

Zcash is not Trustless and the Devs are tied to state run intelligence services so therefor not trusted in my mind. It is touted as being anonymous yet the Devs speak of tracing transaction for LEO, so take from that what you will.

All of this info I just stated is true and verifiable.

Monero price is for the moment quite stable, it is fluctuating around 120$. Do you guys expect on the short term a new rise or? I am now it is sometimes difficult to predict, but I am just curious  Wink

Depends on your definition of short term, I expect suppression while those that dumped at the high accumulate more for the next pump they allow. I see this coin as being intentionally suppressed constantly for whales to stock up then they allow the coin to rise organically as it should and then they take profit. One day they will not be able to get back in without a loss, unfortunately as they have proven that day is not today and may never come if people continue to loan at ridiculous rates. Also I believe those loans are those same whales. When those large loans at stupid low prices get hit many times they will jump higher. It is another intentional suppression of the rate.

Newbie to Monero here. I have a small amount, but with recent price climbing I have a nice $50, which for me is a great start with no regrets to buy in later. Now I found a coin I like and I can have faith in. My burning question is this,,, why or how on earth did Dash become so much, that it is more than even Litecoin and Monero combined? And why has the recent bad news not affected Dash?

Dash supporters hate Monero holders that speak the truth about Dash (as they cannot refute those truths) and Monero supporters hate Dash for various reasons some of which I outlined above and the other main one is that Dash set itself up as a direct competitor to Monero with substandard code and paid shills to Fud monero. Monero does not have a pre mine they can use to pay people to attack other coins Dash does pay for marketing and fudders/damage control.

BTW guys if my posts help you then here is my XMR address.
Code:
4JUdGzvrMFDWrUUwY3toJATSeNwjn54LkCnKBPRzDuhzi5vSepHfUckJNxRL2gjkNrSqtCoRUrEDAgRwsQvVCjZbS1G3NEJZSdy7mMXSb6

ALSO: Be aware that the market acts on forces not always tied to a coins worth, case in point tether which has ZERO liability and can disappear at anytime becoming completely worthless and people pump it and act as if it's an investment when in reality is is completely owned and controlled by a shady exchange that refuses to publish the funds backing it and has a disclaimer on their site stating that they are not liable if they decide not to honor their own token! USDT is not a safe place to keep your wealth, it is actually the riskiest of any real crypto with a decent Cap.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
CTTE

Activity: 227

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:57:21 PM

So, does anyone know if the dev team has to decided to officially implement the HF to the ~16th which is when the determined block would roll around or to change the block # so that it happens on the 21st as was advertised for quite some time?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:00:30 PM

So, does anyone know if the dev team has to decided to officially implement the HF to the ~16th which is when the determined block would roll around or to change the block # so that it happens on the 21st as was advertised for quite some time?

that is a question better asked in the main thread or on irc on freenode in channel #monero-dev.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:14:28 PM

My guess would be that Monero will stabilize around 120$ for a while and then hit a small dip followed by the next large pump. Of course I'm no expert.

While I can't speak for everyone, I don't hate DASH (or anybody who uses it). I find DASH to have promising tech, but I'm not very fond of the semi-corrupt developers (and my posting history backs me up here). I'm sure there are a lot of people who agree with me here, at least to some extent.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:31:11 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 08:09:50 PM by mnemonicsoup

So speaking of other coins, I'm interested to hear what some of you think about the Agoras project. It seems to be very ambitious project which is in pre alpha since 2015 and based on a new programming language called Tau Chain (which is actually what is being developed for such a long time).

This is the announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950309.0

And an interview with the dev: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw

"Ontologies are expressed in RDF language family (Resource Description Framework), or simply JSON-LD.
We propose a software client that stores an ontology of local rules, and determines its actions using a Reasoner. Reasoners are tools that infer new rules or conclusions given old ones. They do it intelligently - using pure logical reasoning, and they also supply proofs for their results. Tauchain node is therefore an intelligent agent able to communicate with other agents, at the very same language they're written with, which is quite human-readable."

So this project goes in the direction of AI and perhaps comparable to the Wolfram Alpha project.

Also notable is that the dev, a guy called Ohad, and the originator of the idea, HunterMinerCrafter, have split up and are working on their own versions of Tauchain.

Edit: Sorry if this too much OT. Was just curious to know what some of the brightest minds on this forum think about this project. OP can go ahead and delete this post if too much OT.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:46:29 PM

HF happens by the block which is hard coded in the daemon, the date is just an estimation. The block has to be determined 6 months in advance so if there is huge increase in hashrate, it is possible for that block to come sooner than expected.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:11:21 PM

Monero price is for the moment quite stable, it is fluctuating around 120$. Do you guys expect on the short term a new rise or? I am now it is sometimes difficult to predict, but I am just curious  Wink
My guess would be that Monero will stabilize around 120$ for a while and then hit a small dip followed by the next large pump. Of course I'm no expert.

Monero is a proper lady. She does like to slow down and take her time before before putting a leg up.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
CTTE

Activity: 227

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:00:28 PM

HF happens by the block which is hard coded in the daemon, the date is just an estimation. The block has to be determined 6 months in advance so if there is huge increase in hashrate, it is possible for that block to come sooner than expected.

That's why I asked, I saw a discussion (github?) about whether to change the block or start advertising the new projected date of the 16th.  It's relevant because it may have some affect on the price when it is successful.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:10:58 PM

[Mandatory Upgrade] Monero 0.11.0.0 "Helium Hydra" Released

The GUI binaries are forthcoming and their download links will be appended once they are finalized.

https://getmonero.org/2017/09/07/monero-0.11.0.0-released.html

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Pages: « 1 ... 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: