Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 [1590] 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312414 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:18:19 PM

I was on vacation and missed to buy ome. So you guys think I am too late? x3 seems pretty huge for XMR.

XMR will probably hit 1kusd by end of next year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:22:19 PM

Yes, XMR has risen greatly, but it's far from done. Just look at the relevant metrics. Reddit subscribers, IRC activity, Github activity, third party services, etc. Now compare these to other cryptocurrencies. For most of the metrics, Monero is right behind Ethereum. However, Monero's market cap is 16x smaller than Ethereum. So my view is that Monero is still underpriced. I can't see how it doesn't move up to #5 or higher.

Monero's biggest problem was lack of awareness. People mistakenly thought that Bitcoin was anonymous, and the Monero team was busy making Monero rock solid. The last few days have resulted in a tremendous increase in awareness of Monero. People are starting to realize that their Bitcoin is completely traceable, and Monero is perfectly positioned to benefit. Another 5x increase is not just possible, but very likely. If you're worried about buying at a high price, then distribute your buys over time.
Ompan

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:47:49 PM

Yes, XMR has risen greatly, but it's far from done. Just look at the relevant metrics. Reddit subscribers, IRC activity, Github activity, third party services, etc. Now compare these to other cryptocurrencies. For most of the metrics, Monero is right behind Ethereum. However, Monero's market cap is 16x smaller than Ethereum. So my view is that Monero is still underpriced. I can't see how it doesn't move up to #5 or higher.

Monero's biggest problem was lack of awareness. People mistakenly thought that Bitcoin was anonymous, and the Monero team was busy making Monero rock solid. The last few days have resulted in a tremendous increase in awareness of Monero. People are starting to realize that their Bitcoin is completely traceable, and Monero is perfectly positioned to benefit. Another 5x increase is not just possible, but very likely. If you're worried about buying at a high price, then distribute your buys over time.

You described exactly how i'm thinking, we have a long way to go still. We will probably just continue to climb upwards for quite some time.
Surging Chaos

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 07:57:54 PM

To get to #5 in market cap, Monero "only" has to go to ~$225. Passing Ripple will be a much bigger step upward as it would need to climb all the way up to around ~$570. Then from there it would need to get to ~$660 to leapfrog Bitcoin Cash.

I believe Monero can do it. Right now it stands where it is mostly from FOMO and it has just barely been introduced in the Korean markets. The more I think about it, the more I believe that there will be a "Big 3" in crypto going forward: BTC, ETH, and XMR.
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:06:42 PM

You described exactly how i'm thinking, we have a long way to go still. We will probably just continue to climb upwards for quite some time.

I often use a phrase to describe all kinds of things in life that behave like this...

"Steady By Jerks" 

I believe that due to most of the above mentioned reasons, along with all the new code, wallets and scheduled "Network Upgrade" (HF), we will see Monero have these meteoric rises, followed by times of lower volume and some price retracements and then continued price improvements. But, if you filter out all the noise, you will see that the USD price has been climbing at an incredible rate over time.

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:10:03 PM

is this the start of pumpy dumpy ?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:23:55 PM

Help out with testing the upcoming GUI release!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6wlzm1/help_out_with_testing_the_upcoming_gui_release/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 08:30:13 PM

Aha okay, thanks... RangeDriver, you there bro?  Paging RangeDriver Paging RangeDriver Cheesy

Paging?!? It’s 2017.

Haha, yeah okay okay, ya young whippersnapper, you... and us old guys also knows that's a floppy disk there on the file-save icon (WTF is a floppy disk you ask?) and we say "make a Xerox" when we ask for a photocopy, and we know that scratching sound when the music suddenly stops is supposed to mean the needle skipping across the vinyl record (WTF is a record, you ask?)

You'll be old too some day, young man. 

Now get off my lawn...  Cheesy  Grin  Tongue 

changing tracks in the middle of a song? Tongue

Ridiculous!  They've been generating data for hours now!

Apparently there is no API available as of yet. Sad

Comeee on xmr you've taken a big dip so far, go on and start rising up!!!!

Well if people stop loaning the friggin shorters so much at such a cheap rate we could have nice things. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
bubulle

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:27:09 PM

Today there was a huge peak for XMR on bithumb, it reaches 300$ at the beginning of a candle ! My monero are on bittrex and i did'nt have suche a peak. I didn't realised that it would have such difference between bithumb and bittrex !

Since then i have a question in my mind... Do i have to move my monero to bithumb ? May be there will be similar peak in the next days...And i could put a very high sell order...
I have already created a bithumb account but i am a little bit affraid to do it. I don't really know why but it makes me anxious to move to bithumb.

What do you think ? Is it a good idea ?
Cryptobrant

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:40:42 PM

Yo yo yo, Mike Cryptobrant here, a newcomer to this gigantic topic!
Some may have crossed my path on the Monero's subreddits, I have been kind of active there this past month.

I'm a newcomer, I met Monero a month ago and it was love at first sight. I invested some fiat in it, as an investment and not for trading, because I don't have the skills nor the balls to trade (and because Monero means so much more than that to me.)
But with all the hype and the crazy Korean market, I've been trying to elaborate some easy strategies with a friend on how to cash in on the pumps and dumps. Just because we need more Moneroj!!! More more more!

As I told you, I am a noob. I hate gambling, I easily Fomo, I find no pleasure nor adrenaline in doing this. I just want to ride the biggest waves while it's time.
I don't know anything about charts except for the most basic concepts and indicators. With my friend we have elaborated a kind of a checklist to know when to sell before a dump. We have benchmarked it a few times, it worked every time. We wanted to put it in action today and sold some XMR but we FOMOd as fuck because the trend took some time to clearly reverse and we, stupid, just read the price changes on a 30 seconds basis.
As a result we won about $0.50 because we just wanted our Moneroj back. Had we waited 1h30 more, it would have been enough profit to buy a new XMR.
Well... you learn from mistakes everyday.

Here is our strategy. The goal here is to learn a bit about what is good and what isn't in this - I believe very conservative - strategy:

We use 3 indicators:
- MACD
- RSI
- PSAR
We have decided that we needed a green light from all of them to move.
Here is the kind of chart I use:
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/6ZUGoUVJ/

Before the action:
- RSI must be Overbought
- MACD must have been over the signal for a good amount of time.
- PSAR shows bullish trend (there are dots under the candlesticks.)
When action starts to kick:
- On the 5m chart, MACD is crossing signal from above.
- RSI is no longer overbought and is on a downward trend.
Then we switch to 15m chart to check that the trend reversal we spotted on the 5m chart is kicking in. Usually, if those signals were not just short term, MACD is gonna cross the signal too.
At this stage we have a 15m chart with:
- RSI is no longer overbought and not so close to the top anymore.
- PSAR has inverted, we now see a new dot over the last candle, meaning that the trend is bearish.
- Last but not least, MACD has crossed signal.

Time to sell.

From our simulations, it's a bit conservative because it could be possible to sell at a bit higher price when the bearish trend starts on the 5m chart, but we prefer taking the least risks.

What is your opinion on this very basic strategy?
We are so scared to see a sudden reverse of trend. Monero mooning and never coming back... (fomo, I told you.)

Thanks and can't wait to see what happens next day!
SolarStorm

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:44:24 PM

Today there was a huge peak for XMR on bithumb, it reaches 300$ at the beginning of a candle ! My monero are on bittrex and i did'nt have suche a peak. I didn't realised that it would have such difference between bithumb and bittrex !

Since then i have a question in my mind... Do i have to move my monero to bithumb ? May be there will be similar peak in the next days...And i could put a very high sell order...
I have already created a bithumb account but i am a little bit affraid to do it. I don't really know why but it makes me anxious to move to bithumb.

did it also get to a higher price measured in bitcoin?  If you wan to do arbitrage ( that is , buying on one exchange and selling on another) you really want to do it in a coin (BTC) that you can send back to bittrex.

Usually an gap in price are quickly filled by arbitrage bots, so if you do this manually you have to act quick if you see a gap.
fro manual traders, it might be better to just follow the price on bithumb and trade on bittrex. the price of the smaller exchange will grow to the level of the bigger one, so it tells you something about the future value.
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 09:59:59 PM

I think Monero is a bit over value... don't you think?
It was pretty stable arround 40$ and now this pump!

Do you think it will keep rising because of the asian market or it will suffer a correction?
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:18:48 PM

I think Monero is a bit over value... don't you think?
It was pretty stable arround 40$ and now this pump!

Do you think it will keep rising because of the asian market or it will suffer a correction?

It was a big rise but Monero was also very undervalued, a lot of other cryptos had risen and Monero was due to go up as well.
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:24:44 PM

did it also get to a higher price measured in bitcoin?  If you wan to do arbitrage ( that is , buying on one exchange and selling on another) you really want to do it in a coin (BTC) that you can send back to bittrex.

Usually an gap in price are quickly filled by arbitrage bots, so if you do this manually you have to act quick if you see a gap.
fro manual traders, it might be better to just follow the price on bithumb and trade on bittrex. the price of the smaller exchange will grow to the level of the bigger one, so it tells you something about the future value.

I usually watch Polo and trade on Trex, works pretty well for me, except last night Polo was price lagging hard, not even on same page as trex.
Looking at the 30 min chart over the last week I wouldn't even call that a dip. It is fully primed for a big shot up past .04 if we can hold this.
I am only an hour ahead of Korean time which is handy

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:41:52 PM

Yo yo yo, Mike Cryptobrant here, a newcomer to this gigantic topic...

...(some other text in here)...

...mooning and never coming back...

That right there you wrote at the end is the main thing in CRYPTO, that makes all the short term trading stuff ultimately kind of pointless IMHO.

Sooner or later that'll gitcha and -- looking back -- you'll conclude it would've been better to just HODL and save yourself the headaches.

Others here, of course, will disagree and say you can make more trading the mini swings (like how real pros like Aminorex and Rangedriver, etc do it) but it seems more like an ART to me and not really any kind of science. Or gambling, LOL.  Some people are just lucky Smiley

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
krizniq

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:43:40 PM

Some may have crossed my path on the Monero's subreddits, I have been kind of active there this past month.

I'm a newcomer, I met Monero a month ago and it was love at first sight. I invested some fiat in it, as an investment and not for trading, because I don't have the skills nor the balls to trade (and because Monero means so much more than that to me.)
But with all the hype and the crazy Korean market, I've been trying to elaborate some easy strategies with a friend on how to cash in on the pumps and dumps. Just because we need more Moneroj!!! More more more!

As I told you, I am a noob. I hate gambling, I easily Fomo, I find no pleasure nor adrenaline in doing this. I just want to ride the biggest waves while it's time.
I don't know anything about charts except for the most basic concepts and indicators. With my friend we have elaborated a kind of a checklist to know when to sell before a dump. We have benchmarked it a few times, it worked every time. We wanted to put it in action today and sold some XMR but we FOMOd as fuck because the trend took some time to clearly reverse and we, stupid, just read the price changes on a 30 seconds basis.
As a result we won about $0.50 because we just wanted our Moneroj back. Had we waited 1h30 more, it would have been enough profit to buy a new XMR.

Here is our strategy. The goal here is to learn a bit about what is good and what isn't in this - I believe very conservative - strategy:

We use 3 indicators:
- MACD
- RSI
- PSAR

Before the action:
- RSI must be Overbought
Then we switch to 15m chart to check that the trend reversal we spotted on the 5m chart is kicking in. Usually, if those signals were not just short term, MACD is gonna cross the signal too.
- PSAR has inverted, we now see a new dot over the last candle, meaning that the trend is bearish.

Time to sell.

From our simulations, it's a bit conservative because it could be possible to sell at a bit higher price when the bearish trend starts on the 5m chart, but we prefer taking the least risks.

We are so scared to see a sudden reverse of trend. Monero mooning and never coming back... (fomo, I told you.)

well ... u said u don't like adrenaline behind, but what you are doing is all about it.
over the years Iam around cryptos I found it very relaxing, but 5min trading is just stupid idea and mostly held by bots. All your so called profit will be eaten by exchange fees most of the time, because u r gambling on very very small waves.

Best strategy (besides here very common hodling) is to do smart short-mid term investments together with long ones.
It really does not that matter if you start with 1000 or 100. It's only about percentage. If you make 20% rebuy later when drop kicks in. Or move to another alt if current is on top.

repeat
profit

I do daytrade, time to time, but MOST of the cases my daytrade is about riding bigger waves. I do not really care if I catch very top or very bottom, I just care about to be in good profit. If I'm not - I'm not going in/out. Don't care if I miss that or that train... there is so many of them, and ALWAYS that train will come back eventually.

I think your approach is overcomplicated with too much effort in it, but if it works for you, go for it Wink

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 10:53:09 PM

https://monerobase.com/geomap/

Impressive!
Cryptobrant

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:29:00 PM

We use 3 indicators:
- MACD
- RSI
- PSAR

Before the action:
- RSI must be Overbought

Time to sell.

well ... u said u don't like adrenaline behind, but what you are doing is all about it.
over the years Iam around cryptos I found it very relaxing, but 5min trading is just stupid idea and mostly held by bots. All your so called profit will be eaten by exchange fees most of the time, because u r gambling on very very small waves.

Best strategy (besides here very common hodling) is to do smart short-mid term investments together with long ones.
It really does not that matter if you start with 1000 or 100. It's only about percentage. If you make 20% rebuy later when drop kicks in. Or move to another alt if current is on top.

repeat
profit

I do daytrade, time to time, but MOST of the cases my daytrade is about riding bigger waves. I do not really care if I catch very top or very bottom, I just care about to be in good profit. If I'm not - I'm not going in/out. Don't care if I miss that or that train... there is so many of them, and ALWAYS that train will come back eventually.

I think your approach is overcomplicated with too much effort in it, but if it works for you, go for it Wink

Thank you for your input. But how do you know to catch a wave? How do you know when it's a pump and dump?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:29:40 PM

That is like 5 times increase in one year if I remember right.
krizniq

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 11:40:33 PM

Thank you for your input. But how do you know to catch a wave? How do you know when it's a pump and dump?

it's partially feelings, sentiment on the forum, twitter, daytime, news ... not always you are really able to know, but time to time you just know.
And of course if you are aware and see your dumpfest about to begin, just jump in and ride Wink
Bigger waves lasts more than 30min so at least one-two candles you can catch without much problems.

As I said, I don't care about catching very bottom or very top, but for monero these days it's around 10usd up/down on daily basis and this is enough to ride on.

If you miss it, no need to be bitter, It's part of the game. I see very very very often people doing a lot of lines in the charts predicting future ... for me it does not work nor make much sense as history proven that this market is very different from stocks.
90% of my investments are mid-long, short ones are basically just for fun, but when it's very obvious that something will happen I'm daytrading with some funds as well.

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 [1590] 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: