Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:44:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 [2182] 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 22, 2022, 10:24:36 PM

And Bitcoin, while also down is showing fairly strong support and not doing the sort of draw down we have seen in past bears.  Many are still calling for Bitcoin to do something it never has and pull back to below the last cycle's highs.
This belief seems widespread, however it is false.

Top of April 2013 was $266.

Top of December 2013 was $1170.

Bottom of August 2015 was $160.

And I remember at the time, during the downtrend post December 2013 peak, many people could not envision the price going below 266$ because "the price never went below the last cycle high" (and despite this pattern being true at that time - unlike today, the pattern got broken).

Nice catch...  Maybe it's the preponderance of folks coming in between 2015-2017 that makes this belief popular.

On to a chart.  I have had these little lines on my monero USD chart for a while.  We are fairly decisively busting through them, looks like.  I think if we get the BTC run I am kind of expecting (just a little relief, or a start to a good little bull?  dunno) then I could see XMR breaking back into the 200s range again soon.

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 12:39:04 AM

And Bitcoin, while also down is showing fairly strong support and not doing the sort of draw down we have seen in past bears.  Many are still calling for Bitcoin to do something it never has and pull back to below the last cycle's highs.
This belief seems widespread, however it is false.

Top of April 2013 was $266.

Top of December 2013 was $1170.

Bottom of August 2015 was $160.

And I remember at the time, during the downtrend post December 2013 peak, many people could not envision the price going below 266$ because "the price never went below the last cycle high" (and despite this pattern being true at that time - unlike today, the pattern got broken).

Nice catch...  Maybe it's the preponderance of folks coming in between 2015-2017 that makes this belief popular.

On to a chart.  I have had these little lines on my monero USD chart for a while.  We are fairly decisively busting through them, looks like.  I think if we get the BTC run I am kind of expecting (just a little relief, or a start to a good little bull?  dunno) then I could see XMR breaking back into the 200s range again soon.

We are so far overdue for a level-up, that it should be a whopping big one.  Again.
johnfoss

Activity: 126
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 10:19:26 AM
Merited by explorer (1)

Monero attempting to breakout from its four year down trend against Bitcoin (again!).

Looks pretty bullish if you ask me.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 12:44:30 PM

Monero attempting to breakout from its four year down trend against Bitcoin (again!).

Looks pretty bullish if you ask me.

I was just coming to say...  I have been showing charts of XMR/USD which includes Bitcoin's movements.  But I am expecting we see some of the return to an XMR/BTC price from the past.  We have a LONG way to go to ATHs in that regard, and I can see scenarios where XMR does quite well in USD terms, but never gets back to .033 was it?  But I can see scenarios where it does as well.  The latter seems extremely bullish, and a bit unlikely to me, though.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 05:46:17 PM

Our beloved crazy bull Americanpgasus (katiecharms) has made a dire prediction.  I hope (s)he is wrong, of course.  But there is no doubt we are at a very interesting threshold in the market overall...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/uv6f5v/crypto_has_never_existed_through_a_global/

I personally think if the world macro environment is indeed imploding, that although "crypto" stands to lose violently, I would not be surprised if Bitcoin does better than the average of assets at worst going down less than most other things.  And I think Monero could be a stand out in the rubble as well... but possibly to a lesser extent than BTC.

Fact is value will flee to places.  Gold, land, and to some extent Bitcoin.  Andaltcoin value ought to go away like a fire, I am afraid.

On the other hand Bitcoin (and therefor Monero) might see a rise because of the above...  hard to say.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 05:51:07 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (3)

Our beloved crazy bull Americanpgasus (katiecharms) has made a dire prediction.  I hope (s)he is wrong, of course.  But there is no doubt we are at a very interesting threshold in the market overall...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/uv6f5v/crypto_has_never_existed_through_a_global/

I personally think if the world macro environment is indeed imploding, that although "crypto" stands to lose violently, I would not be surprised if Bitcoin does better than the average of assets at worst going down less than most other things.  And I think Monero could be a stand out in the rubble as well... but possibly to a lesser extent than BTC.

Fact is value will flee to places.  Gold, land, and to some extent Bitcoin.  Andaltcoin value ought to go away like a fire, I am afraid.

On the other hand Bitcoin (and therefor Monero) might see a rise because of the above...  hard to say.

Beloved?

Fuck that bitch manipulator.

It's apparently looking for a reentry it can pump and dump as is its modus operandi.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 08:45:34 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Beloved?

It's apparently looking for a reentry it can pump and dump as is its modus operandi.

I get a kick out of herm.  But I take your point.  He was always full of shit, and it's sad he made so much money then she blew it all...  I honestly think this latest thing being posted is wrong.  It's a coinflip at the moment.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2022, 01:31:53 AM

Beloved?

I get a kick out of herm.  But I take your point.  He was always full of shit, and it's sad he made so much money then she blew it all...  I honestly think this latest thing being posted is wrong.  It's a coinflip at the moment.

Honestly without AP and his overtly grandiose posts on here and on /r/Monero, I probably wouldn’t have stayed around and learned more about XMR (and Bitcoin for that matter) back in 2015. Whether you like her or not now, she has a way of thinking outside the ‘norm’ and is fun to read her posts. Would be happy to see her share her views on this thread again like the good ole days. Smiley

By the way, where is aminorex through all this? Haven’t seen him around in quite a while. Tongue
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 24, 2022, 11:47:44 AM

Beloved?

Honestly without AP and his overtly grandiose posts on here and on /r/Monero, I probably wouldn’t have stayed around and learned more about XMR (and Bitcoin for that matter) back in 2015. Whether you like her or not now, she has a way of thinking outside the ‘norm’ and is fun to read her posts. Would be happy to see her share her views on this thread again like the good ole days. Smiley

By the way, where is aminorex through all this? Haven’t seen him around in quite a while. Tongue

I believe he still posts a little on twitter now and then.

As to AP... I meant full of shit in a loving way (in case he ever comes here to read this. lol).
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 24, 2022, 04:45:30 PM

Beloved?

What he's saying is somewhat true tho.  The market has been in pvp mode since late last year with the last pump from around July to November mostly absent of any retail money coming in.  It could be the reason why BTC was unable to move way past its April, 2021 all time high.  My guess is the April - May sell down broke a lot of people and they could be not coming back to crypto in a little while.  It's funny but sad at the same time.  Now we got high inflation, high gas prices and all that shit.  Who would be thinking about crypto rn?  It's just us in goblin town...  Again.  :/

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2022, 08:27:07 PM

Our beloved crazy bull Americanpgasus (katiecharms) has made a dire prediction.  I hope (s)he is wrong, of course.  But there is no doubt we are at a very interesting threshold in the market overall...

I personally think if the world macro environment is indeed imploding, that although "crypto" stands to lose violently, I would not be surprised if Bitcoin does better than the average of assets at worst going down less than most other things.  And I think Monero could be a stand out in the rubble as well... but possibly to a lesser extent than BTC.

Fact is value will flee to places.  Gold, land, and to some extent Bitcoin.  Andaltcoin value ought to go away like a fire, I am afraid.

On the other hand Bitcoin (and therefor Monero) might see a rise because of the above...  hard to say.

Beloved?

I get a kick out of herm.  But I take your point.  He was always full of shit, and it's sad he made so much money then she blew it all...  I honestly think this latest thing being posted is wrong.  It's a coinflip at the moment.

What he's saying is somewhat true tho.  The market has been in pvp mode since late last year with the last pump from around July to November mostly absent of any retail money coming in.  It could be the reason why BTC was unable to move way past its April, 2021 all time high.  My guess is the April - May sell down broke a lot of people and they could be not coming back to crypto in a little while.  It's funny but sad at the same time.  Now we got high inflation, high gas prices and all that shit.  Who would be thinking about crypto rn?  It's just us in goblin town...  Again.  :/

I would think that because of high inflation, more people would run towards blue chip cryptos, PMs and the like.

I mean sure, I definitely agree that there will be a non trivial amount of people that will run away from crypto for now, but I think those type of people are probably those that have bored apes in their wallets rather than blue chips Tongue
Super Protocol

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2022, 03:31:33 PM

Not only time to buy xmr but also other coins because almost all of crypto is recovering slowly now.
johnfoss

View Profile
May 26, 2022, 07:32:31 AM

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 44) IS OUT NOW! Grab a coffee or a beer and kick back for a read. Like, share, and spread the word of Monero as it continues to grow and offer unmatched financial privacy.

The charts look favorable for Monero, should make up some ground!

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-44?s=r

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 26, 2022, 04:42:03 PM

Our beloved crazy bull Americanpgasus (katiecharms) has made a dire prediction.  I hope (s)he is wrong, of course.  But there is no doubt we are at a very interesting threshold in the market overall...

I personally think if the world macro environment is indeed imploding, that although "crypto" stands to lose violently, I would not be surprised if Bitcoin does better than the average of assets at worst going down less than most other things.  And I think Monero could be a stand out in the rubble as well... but possibly to a lesser extent than BTC.

Fact is value will flee to places.  Gold, land, and to some extent Bitcoin.  Andaltcoin value ought to go away like a fire, I am afraid.

On the other hand Bitcoin (and therefor Monero) might see a rise because of the above...  hard to say.

Beloved?

I get a kick out of herm.  But I take your point.  He was always full of shit, and it's sad he made so much money then she blew it all...  I honestly think this latest thing being posted is wrong.  It's a coinflip at the moment.

What he's saying is somewhat true tho.  The market has been in pvp mode since late last year with the last pump from around July to November mostly absent of any retail money coming in.  It could be the reason why BTC was unable to move way past its April, 2021 all time high.  My guess is the April - May sell down broke a lot of people and they could be not coming back to crypto in a little while.  It's funny but sad at the same time.  Now we got high inflation, high gas prices and all that shit.  Who would be thinking about crypto rn?  It's just us in goblin town...  Again.  :/

I would think that because of high inflation, more people would run towards blue chip cryptos, PMs and the like.

I mean sure, I definitely agree that there will be a non trivial amount of people that will run away from crypto for now, but I think those type of people are probably those that have bored apes in their wallets rather than blue chips Tongue

Hmmm..  The thing with crypto tho, even with the so called 'blue chips', is it's all going down faster than the rise of inflation.  And even if it doesn't go down as fast as the rise of inflation, buying now could even make your money lose more purchasing power.  Imagine buying BTC with your already diminished fiat and BTC drops from 40k to 30k.  -_-  No...  Crypto is only good if number goes up.  I'll find a better spot to get back in again, thank you very much.  

And I think we've gone thru enough bear markets to know when to ape and when to stay away.  :/

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 01, 2022, 12:00:41 PM

Beloved?

Hmmm..  The thing with crypto tho, even with the so called 'blue chips', is it's all going down faster than the rise of inflation.  And even if it doesn't go down as fast as the rise of inflation, buying now could even make your money lose more purchasing power.  Imagine buying BTC with your already diminished fiat and BTC drops from 40k to 30k.  -_-  No...  Crypto is only good if number goes up.  I'll find a better spot to get back in again, thank you very much.  

And I think we've gone thru enough bear markets to know when to ape and when to stay away.  :/

Logically, you will not get rich investing in the top 50 projects on CMC because they have already mooned and made the initial investors 100x+. Any of your purchases just provide exit liquidity for previous investors. I suggest investing in projects with more upside, like 0xMonero, which has a lot of features that make many consider it an upgrade to Monero as it is not a fork.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 02:37:35 AM
Merited by kurious (1)

Scammer shilling scam shit

Keep the Russian scams on telegram where they belong please
johnfoss

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 08:18:58 AM

THE MONERO MOON (ISSUE 45) IS OUT NOW! Grab a coffee or a beer and kick back for a read. Like, share, and spread the word of Monero as it continues to grow and offer unmatched financial privacy.

https://www.themoneromoon.com/p/the-monero-moon-issue-45?sd=fs

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 06:51:07 PM

I predict monsanto makes a run at 210 shortly.
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 04, 2022, 08:42:28 AM

hehehe...

I was doing some troubles making in the pol...

but how not to come here to celebrate the great awakening !

finally... the tail begins soon !

congratulations to all those who carried the water (even in supporting current inflation as price / or at least attempt for decentralization ).

I loved the monerorun

I would like to propose the no tx instant

for the great beginning

or a bet : will or which will be the first clean (no tx) block after the start of the tailing?

if we all coordinate and don't tx at this moment and earlier to get we could achieve an empty block.

now to stay in the topic

those people in the wall post (of the cia) are funny...

both of the currency of their pair aren't fungible...

but it usd

or btc

mwhahah

just kidding, the problem of btc is POLITICAL...

aka if they succeed in pulling it down (because yeah btc "are" kind of fungible, truley are...) but

yeah

how to send a simple tx for example to peaceful drivers of large vehicles without having some kind of statists phd ghools harping about so called "freezing" your addys...

what is that crap...

happy... tday Smiley

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
June 04, 2022, 04:54:10 PM

That's some weird shit
Pages: « 1 ... 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 [2182] 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: