Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:18:08 PM

Serious setbacks and dumps are not happening.

There is too much buying pressure.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

I remember when bitcoin rallied from 10'sh usd to 265.
Did not buy in the rally (unfortunately). However, I have pretty similar gut feeling of Monero - it has not done it yet. Too much buyers and now finally things has started to happen so selling now when things has rocking and rolling only 1 week feels pretty stupid.
I wonder who are these sellers...? How they make their decisions to sell? Probably they are just very desperate for cold cash (tax liabilities to pay?).
OrangeP

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:43:42 PM

Did not buy in the rally (unfortunately). However, I have pretty similar gut feeling of Monero - it has not done it yet. Too much buyers and now finally things has started to happen so selling now when things has rocking and rolling only 1 week feels pretty stupid.
I wonder who are these sellers...? How they make their decisions to sell? Probably they are just very desperate for cold cash (tax liabilities to pay?).

A lot of big (and smart) XMR holders are likely to have selling plans.
This means that they'll sell a certain percentage of their coins at a fixed price level.

Doing this eliminates emotional errors and risk.
Lots of these probably are hitting their selling targets now and sell.

I certainly did.

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:47:27 PM

Maybe selling doesn't seem to make sense, but clinging to an appreciating asset for dear life until it takes over your portfolio completely can be a mistake.
You need some dry powder.
If Monero has become 90% of your assets, what do you have left to buy moar when it corrects?  You need balance.

I'm not saying that such sensible rebalancing accounts for all the liquidity on the sell side of the book.  I'm sure there's plenty of useless churn by small traders.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:56:52 PM

Update.

Number of Monero sold = 0
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 02:59:24 PM

Update.

+1
OrangeP

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:00:11 PM

Update.

What will make you do it?

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:04:20 PM

Update.

What will make you do it?

bein terminally ill and needing expensive operation, or maybe $100/XMR but that one depends... let's see if I'll ever be able to sell..
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:05:36 PM

Venture capitalists? buy it for a pound sell it for 2 pounds

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:19:23 PM

This means that they'll sell a certain percentage of their coins at a fixed price level.

I certainly did.

Those who sold sub 0.01 are complaining about selling too early.. So the selling plan will not work always in an optimal way. I bet many who sell now will regret if the price hits 100 usd/xmr.
On the other hand, the people holding only smaller amounts of coins will make the big guys even bigger in terms of size of the Monero pie. Those who sell will become poorer in Monero economy.
If I sold what shall I do with the fiat? Perhaps buy some Realty Income shares? Nah, only 4-5 % pa dividend yield. Buying gold? Probably not in large extent because Monero is better (although it doesn't glitter). Appartments? Probably... But again, I can do it also with the banker with 100 % financed so no money needed...
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Yes we have some of those Venture capitalists also here convincing the Royal Bagholders to sell to them at low prices.
OrangeP

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:29:27 PM

I certainly did.

Those who sold sub 0.01 are complaining about selling too early.. So the selling plan will not work always in an optimal way. I bet many who sell now will regret if the price hits 100 usd/xmr.
On the other hand, the people holding only smaller amounts of coins will make the big guys even bigger in terms of size of the Monero pie. Those who sell will become poorer in Monero economy.
If I sold what shall I do with the fiat? Perhaps buy some Realty Income shares? Nah, only 4-5 % pa dividend yield. Buying gold? Probably not in large extent because Monero is better (although it doesn't glitter). Appartments? Probably... But again, I can do it also with the banker with 100 % financed so no money needed...

Having a selling plan is based on the assumption that you may not hit the top. What if the coin does not get any success?
Only liars sell at the top.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:30:35 PM

I certainly did.

It's always about gold. In the end. Even if you never buy any, its always about how much you could buy, if you wanted to. Gold is the the tip of the liquidity pyramid. It is timeless, immutable money. It is money as decreed by the laws of nature and the universe its self. Its always about gold. Grin

Maybe this will explain what I mean. I  bet you could buy a space faring vessel from an alien species somewhere with gold. Try doing that with monero or apartments.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:35:58 PM

... let's see if I'll ever be able to sell..

Intergenerational wealth transfer is one of the great use cases of Monero.  Imagine if you great grandparents had thought to have a van Gogh delivered to you on your 30th birthday, how you could have improved matters, given that resource...  I plan to pass at least 1000 XMR to each of my grandchildren, should I ever have any.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:37:13 PM

Yes we have some of those Venture capitalists also here convincing the Royal Bagholders to sell to them at low prices.

I'm just curious... you use the word "bagholder" a lot.  Do you know traditionally, in investing, what it means?

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:38:24 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2016, 04:02:38 PM by Anon136

... let's see if I'll ever be able to sell..

Intergenerational wealth transfer is one of the great use cases of Monero.  Imagine if you great grandparents had thought to have a van Gogh delivered to you on your 30th birthday, how you could have improved matters, given that resource...  I plan to pass at least 1000 XMR to each of my grandchildren, should I ever have any.

These things have a life cycle aminorex. Just as bitcoin will likely fade under the scorching light of monero, so too will monero some day.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:38:42 PM

I certainly did.

Having a selling plan is based on the assumption that you may not hit the top. What if the coin does not get any success?
Only liars sell at the top.

If XMR fails, I have my cash cows.
There is no need for the money, perhaps I want to buy a couple of Chinese Pandas, some Lunars and perhaps a double Eagle gold coins but those do not cost that much money. It is a similar question: what if you become a millionaire/billionaire? In many cases pretty much nothing. Perhaps you eat better lunch etc. but in the end also the wealthy people need to go to the toilet, eat and so on. There is not that much difference in living a life worth of 100 000 or 1000 000.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:41:11 PM

Gold is the the tip of the liquidity pyramid. It is timeless, immutable money. It is money as decreed by the laws of nature and the universe its self. ...  bet you could buy a space faring vessel from an alien species somewhere with gold. Try doing that with monero or apartments.

Given that gold can be synthesized with energy, and also may be found is superabundance in asteroids, I think that eventually it will lose value.  Probably not in our lifetimes, barring substantial life extension tech. But I would take the other side of that bet.  And yes, unless they wanted ongoing trade with humans, they would have no use for Monero.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:44:42 PM

I certainly did.

It's always about gold. In the end. Even if you never buy any, its always about how much you could buy, if you wanted to. Gold is the the tip of the liquidity pyramid. It is timeless, immutable money. It is money as decreed by the laws of nature and the universe its self. Its always about gold. Grin

Maybe this will explain what I mean. I  bet you could buy a space faring vessel from an alien species somewhere with gold. Try doing that with monero or apartments.

I also like some gold coins...And I even own around 10 oz.
That being said, I do not promote to go all in gold. Gold produces nothing and is good only for very short periods (and usually when you want to sell the dealers cannot give you a good rate or are closed because they do not want to buy high).
Most of the assets should be producing cash flow, not standing idle in the vaults of Switzerland. Appartments are giving me nice 10 % ROI and even higher ROE when using debt wisely.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 03:46:01 PM

Just as bitcoin will likely fade under the scorching light of monero, so too will monero some.

In relative terms perhaps, but I expect BTC to appreciate for decades yet.  It will fail eventually, unless the tail mining support is established.  Monero will not.  What properties would compel us to adopt an alternative?  Only state dictat, I think, and that will not suffice to displace Monero from its current niche, ever.

Pages: « 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: