Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:37:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312563 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:56:33 AM

Monero Trezor Firmware Beta Sourcecode (Experimental!)

https://github.com/NoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoodleDoodleNoo/monero/commit/5f96f277c63b40b34c8e39c14ab65faf5794d9f2

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/520ne2/monero_trezor_firmware_beta_sourcecode/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:58:40 AM

Seems the forum has been down for a couple hours.....

Down more than up the last few days.

True, but I still find it quite extraordinary that 1 btc can only buy 1/10th of the coins it could just a few weeks ago.

I want so bad to buy more, but wow... that mental barrier is still taking me time to adjust to! Tongue

Maybe this will help you adjust.  As I see things in XMR and not btc I look at it like this instead....  You need 10X the btc to buy the same amount of Monero.  I guess that doesn't make it better, it makes it worse. 

Edit: Forget it, Explorer says Cheap Coinz!

I keep nibbling because I am *so* close to reaching my next accumulation goal.  If it goes much higher, I doubt it will ever happen, so my window of opportunity is potentially quite small.  Funny, you know that when the growth happens, it happens lightning fast, but to experience it (again) does leave one slightly bewildered, and looking under all of the sofa cushions.  And through the sock drawer, and old coat pockets, and...

Don't forget to check the change returns in vending machines.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:05:05 AM

Don't forget to check the change returns in vending machines.

Yes yes.. This is where I leave Bitcoinpennies all the time because... bitcoin awareness must happen/continue! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:09:17 AM

I think I've finally got this figured out.
So I place a limit order buy to make the price go up, and market order buy to make it go down.  Have I got that right?
I need to market buy to force it down into my bids  Tongue
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 01:25:29 AM

I think I've finally got this figured out.
So I place a limit order buy to make the price go up, and market order buy to make it go down.  Have I got that right?
I need to market buy to force it down into my bids  Tongue

Yikes sounds self-defeating but IDK. Just yes, keep knocking it down please, my polo deposit hasn't confirmed yet. Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 03:42:21 AM

Monero Trezor is something I am looking forward to have and use.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:31:59 AM

Whats with all the Monero avatar sporting regulars turning bears and then posting about their trades over and over again like the world depends on everyone knowing about how smart they are? No one cares, share your exploits with your near and dear ones (if any  Tongue)

Down to the ignore hole they go  Roll Eyes
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:44:19 AM

Can we start a fund to raise capital for a full time developer or two perhaps?

I think that's a good idea but it's one that would probably be better voiced within the reddit subreddit.

The forum on getmonero.org has a fantastic funding system. Several developers has been paid through this. So far notably moneromoo and also the GUI development etc.

I've donated a (probably too small) amount to the GUI fund effort from several months ago, but I wonder...

What does everyone think about some small amount per transaction being paid directly to the developers of the wallet? Monero transaction already have pretty heavy fees, (didn't used to be a big deal, but last time I saw 0.2 fee for polo withdraw and I never noticed it before because, well, you would be transferring thousands at a time. Most recently I noticed and thought, "hey, that's like 2 bucks" )

I think it would be acceptable, perhaps preferable, if there were a 0.01 transaction fee tacked on to each and every transaction to be paid to the developer(s) -

Labor of love and altruistic behavior is nice, but the people that contribute should be rewarded, greatly.

*edit for thoughts of transacting fees* = I think the relatively large transaction fees (in relation to bitcoin fees) plus the tail end issuance makes Monero a much better candidate to maintain sustainable security of the blockchain over a longer term. --- side question: does Monero offer opp codes or some other method of embedding data or hashes of data? I'm wondering now if Monero might be actually more immutable than bitcoin over the longer term, like 20 plus years...

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:03:27 AM

I think that's a good idea but it's one that would probably be better voiced within the reddit subreddit.

The forum on getmonero.org has a fantastic funding system. Several developers has been paid through this. So far notably moneromoo and also the GUI development etc.

I've donated a (probably too small) amount to the GUI fund effort from several months ago, but I wonder...

What does everyone think about some small amount per transaction being paid directly to the developers of the wallet? Monero transaction already have pretty heavy fees, (didn't used to be a big deal, but last time I saw 0.2 fee for polo withdraw and I never noticed it before because, well, you would be transferring thousands at a time. Most recently I noticed and thought, "hey, that's like 2 bucks" )

I think it would be acceptable, perhaps preferable, if there were a 0.01 transaction fee tacked on to each and every transaction to be paid to the developer(s) -

Labor of love and altruistic behavior is nice, but the people that contribute should be rewarded, greatly.

*edit for thoughts of transacting fees* = I think the relatively large transaction fees (in relation to bitcoin fees) plus the tail end issuance makes Monero a much better candidate to maintain sustainable security of the blockchain over a longer term. --- side question: does Monero offer opp codes or some other method of embedding data or hashes of data? I'm wondering now if Monero might be actually more immutable than bitcoin over the longer term, like 20 plus years...

First of all, the funds from the forum system is only released after work well done. Secondly when "smart-mining" arrives it is supposed to incorporate an easy setting to choose if you want to mine to the dev address or your own. Thirdly, the transaction-fee needs to adjust in accordance to XMR buying power, and needs to do so automatically - no arbitrary changes as it is now, but I don't think anyone has any concrete ideas as of now. http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/1246/how-does-moneros-transaction-fees-change-according-to-price
shmadz
Legendary

@theshmadz

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:07:29 AM

Seems the forum has been down for a couple hours.....

Down more than up the last few days.

True, but I still find it quite extraordinary that 1 btc can only buy 1/10th of the coins it could just a few weeks ago.

I want so bad to buy more, but wow... that mental barrier is still taking me time to adjust to! Tongue

Maybe this will help you adjust.  As I see things in XMR and not btc I look at it like this instead....  You need 10X the btc to buy the same amount of Monero.  I guess that doesn't make it better, it makes it worse. 

Edit: Forget it, Explorer says Cheap Coinz!

I keep nibbling because I am *so* close to reaching my next accumulation goal.  If it goes much higher, I doubt it will ever happen, so my window of opportunity is potentially quite small.  Funny, you know that when the growth happens, it happens lightning fast, but to experience it (again) does leave one slightly bewildered, and looking under all of the sofa cushions.  And through the sock drawer, and old coat pockets, and...

*just a quick note before bed* I too had an accumulation goal, which i filled long ago when it was like 500:1 .. In the following months or years it dropped at times to 1000:1 or worse. It was really tough, hard to know if you were just throwing good money after bad, but I took that opportunity to double down, and now, I'm happy I did.

Thanks to animorex for not only mentioning Monero those many moons ago, but also explaining it in a way that at least made me curious, even though I couldn't understand all of it at the time.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
shmadz
Legendary

@theshmadz

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:17:00 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2016, 05:30:28 AM by shmadz

<snip>

First of all, the funds from the forum system is only released after work well done. Secondly when "smart-mining" arrives it is supposed to incorporate an easy setting to choose if you want to mine to the dev address or your own. Thirdly, the transaction-fee needs to adjust in accordance to XMR buying power, and needs to do so automatically - no arbitrary changes as it is now, but I don't think anyone has any concrete ideas as of now. http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/1246/how-does-moneros-transaction-fees-change-according-to-price

Thanks, good to know , but I still know that I will gladly pay a small per-transaction fee to the dev team of any one that finally gets that gui to be a reality, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Releasing funds based on goals achieved is ok, I guess, but in my experience software is a living thing and requires on-going maintenance. As someone who sells and supports software, i much prefer the periodic licensing model, and I personally think it promotes the proper incentives to attract and retain talented people.

*I didn't mean to make that all about the gui. I feel the same way about ensuring that there is a sustainable funding model for everyone involved in this project. Altruism is great, but by properly incentivizing contributors at all levels, miners, developers, and yes,, even fluffy ponies, we have a chance to build something that can be sustainable and stand the test of time.

medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:17:49 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2016, 05:29:50 AM by medusa13

this auto donating feature allready exists in the GUI wallet  Kiss

XMR Monero
shmadz
Legendary

@theshmadz

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:31:55 AM

this auto donating feature allready exists in the GUI wallet  Kiss

<proof>

Ok, I'll shut up now.  Tongue

nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:42:35 AM

this auto donating feature allready exists in the GUI wallet  Kiss

I thought we were still waiting for a gui wallet -- did i miss something?

medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 06:54:17 AM

its not out yet, dont worry, you didnt miss anything Smiley

i just thought a screenshot shows better how the auto-donation feature is intended to work.

but beta will be out soon!

XMR Monero
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:35:36 AM

I prefer 1 % of block rewards being channeled to the developers. Last time I calculated the daily mining rewards it was 7700 XMR so 1 % represents 77 XMR which should be more than enough with the current prices. Even smaller percentage might be enough especially if the price grows in the future.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 07:57:56 AM

A. How many Moneros would it take to be considered a whale?

B. Whats the minimum amount of Moneros one would need to see a real wealth increase if/when Monero really takes off?

Sorry for late reply.

A. Always 20 % more than you have. So just keep accumulating (Ego issue).

B. Depends on what time frame is your goal. If you are willing to waite longer, then smaller amount will be just fine. Moneros are very scarce despite tail emission, so even 1 xmr will have decent purchasing power. If you want to get rich sooner, you need more coins. Currently holding a millionaire status you need to have 70 000-80 000 XMR. Next year probably less coins are needed.
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:07:57 AM

B. Whats the minimum amount of Moneros one would need to see a real wealth increase if/when Monero really takes off?

Sorry for late reply.

B. Depends on what time frame is your goal. If you are willing to waite longer, then smaller amount will be just fine. Moneros are very scarce despite tail emission, so even 1 xmr will have decent purchasing power. If you want to get rich sooner, you need more coins. Currently holding a millionaire status you need to have 70 000-80 000 XMR. Next year probably less coins are needed.

any known people holding that much?
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:12:37 AM

its not out yet, dont worry, you didnt miss anything Smiley

i just thought a screenshot shows better how the auto-donation feature is intended to work.

but beta will be out soon!

Cool, thanks -- looks good and I look forward to road testing!!

coinism

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 08:40:34 AM

Sorry for late reply.

any known people holding that much?

haven't heard of anybody disclosing their monero wealth openly. big holders that is.
Pages: « 1 ... 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: