Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:50:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 [1374] 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312391 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:32:17 PM

For all of you lending out thousands of Monero especially at really low rates... just think about it for a moment. Right now we have about 190,000 XMR available to short and a good share of them are available at VERY low rates. While Dash on the other hand has only about 17,000 and yes I know some are currently shorting Dash but, even when their price was much lower the numbers were still about 8 or 9 to 1.  That makes it extremely easy for anyone with some btc to short Monero at a very low cost and in big numbers and drive that price down. 

The MasterNode scheme does one thing effectively and that is remove huge numbers of coins from the market for trading AND for lending, thus raising the cost to short and making it easier to keep a pump going to these really extreme levels.

Please re-examine your lending habits, if we all quit squabbling over the scraps maybe Monero would make some headway as far as price goes.

And yes that include you TC!
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitwolf

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:46:22 PM

For all of you lending out thousands of Monero especially at really low rates... just think about it for a moment. Right now we have about 190,000 XMR available to short and a good share of them are available at VERY low rates. While Dash on the other hand has only about 17,000 and yes I know some are currently shorting Dash but, even when their price was much lower the numbers were still about 8 or 9 to 1.  That makes it extremely easy for anyone with some btc to short Monero at a very low cost and in big numbers and drive that price down. 

The MasterNode scheme does one thing effectively and that is remove huge numbers of coins from the market for trading AND for lending, thus raising the cost to short and making it easier to keep a pump going to these really extreme levels.

Please re-examine your lending habits, if we all quit squabbling over the scraps maybe Monero would make some headway as far as price goes.

Yet, I don't think that the purpose of a currency is to be shorted or longed. It is to be exchanged for goods. The crypto market is in its 99 % used for short/long speculation. This is a big bubble. I feel ok that Monero is currently not part of this bubble(well at least no so much). Everyone can short whatever and whenever he likes but that won't decrease the usability of Monero.
encryptedcharms

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:47:35 PM

That Dash is about to hit $100 is unprecedented silliness.  

It is still an instamine scam on a broken scheme - nothing has changed there.  And Monero is still actual and true privacy tech.  

Stay the course and Monero will one day hit $100 too.  And when it does you'll know it's actually worth that.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:49:18 PM

Okay guys... I guess I need to weigh-in here on the whole Dash situation "big picture" given that the damn shitcoin seems to be about to break $100.

Un-frikkn'-believeable but... there it is.

So: am I butt-hurt?  Yep.  Freely admit it.  Fact is that I did HODL 50 Dash from over a year ago until just recently (like last October or November I think) when I decided to dump it and 'consolidate' my crypto portfolio around only "what really mattered".

So, yep I've missed out of this pump even though I should not have, given that I WAS holding *some* Dash just as a "hedge" until very recently and stupidly I sold it off JUST BEFORE this run started.

Back in October-ish the 50 Dash I had was worth about 1 bitcoin and now, today, it'd be at 4 bitcoins.

So that's two doublings 1-to-2-to-4 that I missed out on.  Opportunity cost of 3 BTC.  That would've made it my third-best crypto investment of all time after Monero and MaidSafe overall returns and it would've beaten my overall bitcoin performance (one doubling) by twice.

So, yeah, it sucks and I feel stupid but can't win 'em all I guess... right?  LOL.  Still ButtHurt.

Anyhoo....

The $64,000 Big Question NOW is... what to do about this situation?  Let's look at "reality" as best we can.

Dash is no competition to Monero.  We know that. 

The Monero/Dash fighting is really over IF we just are thinking about the best fungible (private) crypto. Monero Wins On That, No Question, Game Over, End Of Story.

But taking a step backwards it looks to me like Dash isn't really competing on that point any more.  They've ceded that point (mostly) and nowadays they are trying to SELL their shit premine scam coin as being JUST a little BETTER than BITCOIN.  It has faster and cheaper transactions, apparently, even IF it does not have better fungibility or anonymity (which is simply also true for bitcoin).

I thought that this recent DashPump would never get to $100 but NOW here it is and it's come RIGHT ON THE HEELS of the latest, biggest, noisiest and messiest battle between BlockstreamCore and Bitcoin Unlimited (yesterday this node bug crashing shitstorm mess).

SO is it really POSSIBLE that this latest Bitcoin Disaster has driven more real money/value into... aaaaah... can't bear to say it... DASH REAL USE??

Or is ALL this really STILL just the most Epic Mother Of All-Time PUMPS by the Dashhole Insiders, trying to desperately make a Hail-Mary Pass and *buy* some expensive *legitimacy* for their scam coin at the last minute *before* the actual real-reality takes over again and consigns it to the dustbin of history?  Dashholes may actually KNOW that most likely coinbase is going to adopt Monero soon, for example, and when WE hit $50-$100+ on that fact (soonTM) it may be the end of the road for them.

I'm willing to listen IF any Dashers around here wanna try and convince me using real FACTS/DATA that I've been wrong that it's a scam coin and pump-dump here lately, just on the theory that *maybe* Dash only needs to be a little better in some small way than BITCOIN (not Monero) to justify this crazy price rise.

Really trying hard here NOT to be "emotional" about this kind of investment decision but under the circumstances it's pretty hard LOL

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:51:27 PM

Usually during the pump it has been easy to lend Moneros. Now it appears that there is no takers for short positions... 
I guess that can be considered bullish - they just need a trigger to flood into the extensive long positions in Monero. If that happens, it is possible even reach parity with Dark coin (I hope so).
There are at least two options I am seeing: 1) All the speculators care is Dark coin and they forget shorting Monero 2) Shorting Monero is considered as a terrible move and that the price of Monero is expected to get its pump.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 03:55:13 PM

Okay guys... I guess I need to weigh-in here on the whole Dash situation "big picture" given that the damn shitcoin seems to be about to break $100.

Un-frikkn'-believeable but... there it is.

So: am I butt-hurt?  Yep.  Freely admit it.  Fact is that I did HODL 50 Dash from over a year ago until just recently (like last October or November I think) when I decided to dump it and 'consolidate' my crypto portfolio around only "what really mattered".

So, yep I've missed out of this pump even though I should not have, given that I WAS holding *some* Dash just as a "hedge" until very recently and stupidly I sold it off JUST BEFORE this run started.

Back in October-ish the 50 Dash I had was worth about 1 bitcoin and now, today, it'd be at 4 bitcoins.

So that's two doublings 1-to-2-to-4 that I missed out on.  Opportunity cost of 3 BTC.  That would've made it my third-best crypto investment of all time after Monero and MaidSafe overall returns and it would've beaten my overall bitcoin performance (one doubling) by twice.

So, yeah, it sucks and I feel stupid but can't win 'em all I guess... right?  LOL.  Still ButtHurt.

Anyhoo....

The $64,000 Big Question NOW is... what to do about this situation?  Let's look at "reality" as best we can.

Dash is no competition to Monero.  We know that. 

The Monero/Dash fighting is really over IF we just are thinking about the best fungible (private) crypto. Monero Wins On That, No Question, Game Over, End Of Story.

But taking a step backwards it looks to me like Dash isn't really competing on that point any more.  They've ceded that point (mostly) and nowadays they are trying to SELL their shit premine scam coin as being JUST a little BETTER than BITCOIN.  It has faster and cheaper transactions, apparently, even IF it does not have better fungibility or anonymity (which is simply also true for bitcoin).

I thought that this recent DashPump would never get to $100 but NOW here it is and it's come RIGHT ON THE HEELS of the latest, biggest, noisiest and messiest battle between BlockstreamCore and Bitcoin Unlimited (yesterday this node bug crashing shitstorm mess).

SO is it really POSSIBLE that this latest Bitcoin Disaster has driven more real money/value into... aaaaah... can't bear to say it... DASH REAL USE??

Or is ALL this really STILL just the most Epic Mother Of All-Time PUMPS by the Dashhole Insiders, trying to desperately make a Hail-Mary Pass and *buy* some expensive *legitimacy* for their scam coin at the last minute *before* the actual real-reality takes over again and consigns it to the dustbin of history?  Dashholes may actually KNOW that most likely coinbase is going to adopt Monero soon, for example, and when WE hit $50-$100+ on that fact (soonTM) it may be the end of the road for them.

I'm willing to listen IF any Dashers around here wanna try and convince me using real FACTS/DATA that I've been wrong that it's a scam coin and pump-dump here lately, just on the theory that *maybe* Dash only needs to be a little better in some small way than BITCOIN (not Monero) to justify this crazy price rise.

Really trying hard here NOT to be "emotional" about this kind of investment decision but under the circumstances it's pretty hard LOL

I agree, they aren't trying to compete with Monero anymore and that being a 'little bit better than BTC' is what they are trying to be.

It's not a bad strategy and they seem to have the marketing budget and style reasonably well thought out.

And it cannot fail to be noticed, but it's mainly because of this rise in price. 

However, there is no point in being pissed off about it, as it's a BTC based coin, which we are not. It is technically inferior and essentially centralised and with a corrupt system which allows for exponential marketing spend growth at the same time as an incentive set up to ramp up the price while keeping supply artificially below demand.

Its advocates are talking as though it is already spendable anywhere, but of course this is false.

Its rise cannot continue exponentially, the law of gravity applies.  For now they have come up with the best scam in crypto, though and they won't / can't stop. 

However, it must end in tears and the code of this coin will now be tested.  In every sense.

The higher it goes the further it will fall.

If it does crash as hard as it should, then it will not be good for crypto. 'Bitcoin copy-coin loses hundreds of millions as hyped ponzi scheme collapses' will be a story the press will love.

我想要火箭和火车
Nausicaa

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:13:42 PM

Dash is no competition to Monero.  We know that.  

Disagree. It is competition, and strong competition at that. It is not as good, on paper, but nevertheless is winning in the marketplace, for now. As they say in sports, “That’s why they play the games.” The question should be “Why?” Or maybe, “How, and can Monero overcome Dash’s lead?”

The "Dash is a scam" argument doesn't work. Open your eyes. Look at the price.
Fiat money is a scam too. No one cares.

Got it in one. As a "clueless noobie", to quote a relentless troller on the Dash thread, I see that those in the Monero camp have a massive blindspot, about how, despite being less than a pristine and pure coin, Dash is succeeding. On Planet Monero, marketing seems to be a bad word, and user friendliness? Pshaw, too smart to need that!

Come on! If that is what it takes to elevate a "flawed" coin like Dash to greatness, then how amazing could a "superior" crypto like Monero be, if that strategy were adopted? Please be dispassionate, and look at it without bias. If Monero is technically better than Dash, and yet Dash outperforms Monero, then what could the difference be?

From this clueless noobie's viewpoint, the keys to domination in the Anonymous Coin Game appear to be marketing and user friendliness. And having trollers in the penalty box could be considered a negative factor as well.

Despite having better players, Monero is massively behind on points, as Dash is working better as a team, and its strategy is superior. Is it too late for Monero to learn this? The Anonymous Coin Game will only have one winner. Can M come from behind? Will D hang on for the win? Stay tuned!

Is Team Monero really better than the Dash team, if it is losing? It looks to me like Monero, is not a complete team. To this “clueless noobie”, it looks like it needs marketing, and user friendliness. It’s like a team with great scorers, fantastic skaters… but no goalie.

Edit: no offense intended. I now own Monero, Dash and yes, Bitcoin.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:22:40 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2017, 06:39:11 PM by TrueCryptonaire

Disagree. It is competition, and strong competition at that. It is not as good, on paper, but nevertheless is winning in the marketplace, for now. As they say in sports, “That’s why they play the games.” The question should be “Why?” Or maybe, “How, and can Monero overcome Dash’s lead?”

The "Dash is a scam" argument doesn't work. Open your eyes. Look at the price.
Fiat money is a scam too. No one cares.

Got it in one. As a "clueless noobie", to quote a relentless troller on the Dash thread, I see that those in the Monero camp have a massive blindspot, about how, despite being less than a pristine and pure coin, Dash is succeeding. On Planet Monero, marketing seems to be a bad word, and user friendliness? Pshaw, too smart to need that!

Come on! If that is what it takes to elevate a "flawed" coin like Dash to greatness, then how amazing could a "superior" crypto like Monero be, if that strategy were adopted? Please be dispassionate, and look at it without bias. If Monero is technically better than Dash, and yet Dash outperforms Monero, then what could the difference be?

From this clueless noobie's viewpoint, the keys to domination in the Anonymous Coin Game appear to be marketing and user friendliness. And having trollers in the penalty box could be considered a negative factor as well.

Despite having better players, Monero is massively behind on points, as Dash is working better as a team, and its strategy is superior. Is it too late for Monero to learn this? The Anonymous Coin Game will only have one winner. Can M come from behind? Will D hang on for the win? Stay tuned!

Is Team Monero really better than the Dash team, if it is losing? It looks to me like Monero, is not a complete team. To this “clueless noobie”, it looks like it needs marketing, and user friendliness. It’s like a team with great scorers, fantastic skaters… but no goalie.

Edit: no offense intended. I now own Monero, Dash and yes, Bitcoin.

Usually I do not endorse newbies but you nailed it.
Dark coin (please use term Dark coin because the name was changed in order to trick money from the people who do not do their research) is direct and the most relevant competitor to Monero, Etherium is not the competition of Monero but Dark coin sure is because they both serve the very same niche.
Monero needs now desperatively the things you said - a lot of ongoing marketing hype (not just a couple random vids from a guy in the garage) but consistent pumping and presentations of reasons why people should be adapting Monero like never before. And as you said, user friendliness.
Actually the competition is a good thing because it forces Monero to grow marketcapwise and reach such level of professionalism as Dark coin has.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 04:30:12 PM

Should i sell my monero right now and then wait for it to be dump to buy and stack in again? What do you think guys im thinking that deep to sell or to stack another coin for the future.

wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:35:51 PM

whether Coinbase will receive monero ??
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:37:53 PM

Should i sell my monero right now and then wait for it to be dump to buy and stack in again? What do you think guys im thinking that deep to sell or to stack another coin for the future.

Never base your trading on the advice of the trolls who are speaking into their own book.
You need to decide yourself what to do and take full responsibility of the outcomes of your decisions.
KeyJockey

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:59:40 PM

Disagree. It is competition, and strong competition at that. It is not as good, on paper, but nevertheless is winning in the marketplace, for now...

I should clarify that I meant Dash is "no competition" in any of the markets or use cases where fungibility/privacy actually matters

That is probably most/best represented as the darknet markets, which is nothing to sneeze at as so-called "System D" economies are abso-frikkin-lutely HUGE.  But it's not only DMN's as we-here around this forum well know: FUNGIBILITY MATTERS to just NORMAL PEOPLE too, much more than almost everyone realizes!!!

Anyway, the DNM operators who matter have already pretty clearly said they will not ever TOUCH Dash.  IMHO this is probably the primary reason why the Dashers finally decided to stop trying to compete with Monero on fungibility/privacy and instead they decided to pivot to this "ease of use" and gov't compliance posture instead.

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:15:29 PM

Disagree. It is competition, and strong competition at that. It is not as good, on paper, but nevertheless is winning in the marketplace, for now...

I should clarify that I meant Dash is "no competition" in any of the markets or use cases where fungibility/privacy actually matters

That is probably most/best represented as the darknet markets, which is nothing to sneeze at as so-called "System D" economies are abso-frikkin-lutely HUGE.  But it's not only DMN's as we-here around this forum well know: FUNGIBILITY MATTERS to just NORMAL PEOPLE too, much more than almost everyone realizes!!!

Anyway, the DNM operators who matter have already pretty clearly said they will not ever TOUCH Dash.  IMHO this is probably the primary reason why the Dashers finally decided to stop trying to compete with Monero on fungibility/privacy and instead they decided to pivot to this "ease of use" and gov't compliance posture instead.

As you said earlier it is Bitcoin they are after.

Hubris, yes - but they just popped over $100 and reached about 3 quarters of a billion USD market cap.

BTC dominance in market cap now at 78.7% - so (since BTC is not dropping) new money is coming in and it's going into alts.

Tempted by 30% a DAY rises perhaps...

Go figure.   It is NOT sustainable.

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:20:33 PM

If you think it will dump, do it. You may be right, you may not. 

You are posting in a relatively Monero-positive thread, so do you expect anyone here to advise you on this?

Most people here are long term accumulators Smiley

我想要火箭和火车
KeyJockey

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:22:17 PM

Oh, by the way guys... I think I know how to stop Dash from rising any more  Grin

Just now, I just bought ONE DASH COIN using about $100 worth of bitcoin that I was lucky enough to WIN today, totally unexpected fluke.

Easy Come, Easy Go... right?  Buying stupid Dash at what may be the TOP of this epic bubble run is definitely a "gamble" more extreme than any casino odds LOL

And... EVERY... FREAKING... TIME... when I "capitulate" and BUY some coin as it's been running HOT...?  ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS it immediately CRASHES

So, LOL... y'all can thank me later  Grin Cheesy Wink Tongue

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:04:53 PM

To be honest, I've never really understood why peeps even regard Dash as being some kind of threat to Monero. It really isn't. Dash could quite easily be the biggest scam on the planet, but I don't think that has any real bearing on Monero's existence. I don't hold Dash; never intend to. But tribalism for the sake of tribalism is just a waste of precious energy that could be best directed elsewhere.

At the end of the day, Monero is the most credible privacy-orientated cryptocurrency that exists at the moment, without ties to murky government agencies or profit-orientated foundations. That's the USP, and that's what people are buying, irrespective of the obviously manipulated trajectories of other projects.

That's all that really matters.

As for the Monero price, right now we're currently continuing the cool drive back up to the previous local 0.0169 high. A little turbulence can be expected as we attempt to break through resistance, but you'd be wise to hang tight. Once we've broken through 0.0169, it will be an easy slingshot up to the main ATH, particularly in combination of an uncertain bitcoin and a potential Dash evacuation.

So, basically fasten your seatbelts, grab yourself a Piña colada, stick on some Burt Bacharach, and enjoy the ride.
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:05:56 PM

Oh, by the way guys... I think I know how to stop Dash from rising any more  Grin

Just now, I just bought ONE DASH COIN using about $100 worth of bitcoin that I was lucky enough to WIN today, totally unexpected fluke.

Easy Come, Easy Go... right?  Buying stupid Dash at what may be the TOP of this epic bubble run is definitely a "gamble" more extreme than any casino odds LOL

And... EVERY... FREAKING... TIME... when I "capitulate" and BUY some coin as it's been running HOT...?  ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS it immediately CRASHES

So, LOL... y'all can thank me later  Grin Cheesy Wink Tongue

+1 haha That's what I was going to do! So, I'll thank you now lol.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 07:17:25 PM

Monero is just late to the altcoin party. It think before the alts pump is done even Litecoin may join the party.

OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:43:59 PM

Just sold some Dash  Shocked.
Go Monero Smiley

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
CTTE

Activity: 227

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:05:32 PM

Just sold a bunch of Dash... that I don't currently own!   Shocked

I'll buy it back when it drops 50%  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 [1374] 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: