Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:35:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312379 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:47:11 PM

For most of Monero's lifespan, it was behind Dark Coin in market cap, so we got quite used to it. The Dark/Dash trolls never let up about how their high market cap "proved" their superiority over other alts, and Monero in particular. When Monero surpassed scamcoin's market cap, the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak. Of course this presented a good opportunity for some revenge prodding.

You won't find many here who believe that a coin's short-term market cap is proof of its legitimacy, acceptance, superiority, or anything else. Market cap it but one quality of many. In fact, we're all quite aware that scamdash's centralization makes these pumps very easy to engineer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:00:30 PM

And many many people lost a fuckload of money because fluffy was telling everybody how bad dash is, right before it sprung x10. These people shorted dash because they beliefed fluffy, and lost all, these shorters are the ones which made the dash price rise exponential bigger than it would have been without the shorting. And they shorted because dash is so bad and its just a pump and dump scam coin and so on, at least everybody told them so - for them 20 dollar a dash was hardly overpriced, look where dash is now.

If you ask for who was scammed by dash, you won't find one (at least noone who was buying in the last 3 years), because price went from ath to ath, there could no one be scammed per definition, because noone could have lost with ath after ath. (for me a scam is if someone loses money! - ofc thats my definition, but its true!). On the other hand lots and lots of people lost money because they shorted dash after all that "its a total scam coin" definition from fluffy and his friends with all these cool videos...

This man speaks the truth. Just keep on listening to Fulffy and Icebreaker and Smooth and Generalthis and who else if you want to keep on losing money. Their track record so far certainly indicates that.
bitwolf

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:04:53 PM

I don't know what you mean by lack of marketing compared to BTC or Dash-Trash but in my EU country the usage of btc hasn't grown a bit in the last 5 years - 1-2 exchanges that have very bad exch. rates and one small shopping site where from my research only 1-2 persons have bought something with btc through the integrated bad exchange rates.  Oh and about the dash-trash - hahaha - noone ever heard of it. Even in the cryptoforums only few know darkcoin.  Sooo  yeah, I woldn't say nothing is bigger that nothing and that nothing is the biggest.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:11:15 PM

This man speaks the truth. Just keep on listening to Fulffy and Icebreaker and Smooth and Generalthis and who else if you want to keep on losing money. Their track record so far certainly indicates that.

Good point. I lost so much money last year on Monero's 30x price increase  Roll Eyes

Even with Dash over $100 I'd be lucky to have gotten even a 10x return.
Fragbait

Activity: 205

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:12:58 PM

Good point. I lost so much money last year on Monero's 30x price increase  Roll Eyes

Well your very own Pony told you not to buy Monero, so...
Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:16:48 PM

Now you're contradicting yourself. Should we be listening to our ill-informing masters or not?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:33:39 PM

And many many people lost a fuckload of money because fluffy was telling everybody how bad dash is, right before it sprung x10. These people shorted dash because they beliefed fluffy, and lost all, these shorters are the ones which made the dash price rise exponential bigger than it would have been without the shorting. And they shorted because dash is so bad and its just a pump and dump scam coin and so on, at least everybody told them so - for them 20 dollar a dash was hardly overpriced, look where dash is now.

If you ask for who was scammed by dash, you won't find one (at least noone who was buying in the last 3 years), because price went from ath to ath, there could no one be scammed per definition, because noone could have lost with ath after ath. (for me a scam is if someone loses money! - ofc thats my definition, but its true!). On the other hand lots and lots of people lost money because they shorted dash after all that "its a total scam coin" definition from fluffy and his friends with all these cool videos...

Hey wait a minute. I never told anyone to short anything and fluffypony never did either (not sure about the others). I even pointed out on the Dash thread years ago that I own some, and still do, though I wouldn't call it a massive position. I do think long term Dash is going to (nearly) zero, and it won't be alone among today's major cryptos, but that is hardly a reason to short, unless you are prepared to maintain collateral and pay interest (and hope that the shorting market still exists) indefinitely. I'm not recommending that one bit and I never did.

As far as the previous quote, this is certainly not correct. Dash has made new ATHs (as had XMR) but that doesn't mean that people didn't lose money, FOMO buying and then selling lower when the hype faded (or other similarly bad trading). Many have.
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:36:36 PM

Now you're contradicting yourself. Should we be listening to our ill-informing masters or not?

sry to interrupt you here, but he said - the track record of fluffy shows how wrong he is.

* Fluffy told dash is crap and will go to 0 - instead it went x10.
* Fluffy told not to buy monero, instead it went x30.

So i don't understand your logic about where he is contradicting or where he is one time listening to fluffy and one time not.

These two examples are showing a 100 % wrong doing, in dash and in monero, and thats what Fragbait said.

So no clue what you understood from his post.

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:52:33 PM

Hey wait a minute. I never told anyone to short anything and fluffypony never did either (not sure about the others). I even pointed out on the Dash thread years ago that I own some, and still do, though I wouldn't call it a massive position. I do think long term Dash is going to (nearly) zero, and it won't be alone among today's major cryptos, but that is hardly a reason to short, unless you are prepared to maintain collateral and pay interest (and hope that the shorting market still exists) indefinitely. I'm not recommending that one bit and I never did.

As far as the previous quote, this is certainly not correct. Dash has made new ATHs (as had XMR) but that doesn't mean that people didn't lose money, FOMO buying and then selling lower when the hype faded (or other similarly bad trading). Many have.

It's a long time, but i have had a few discussins with you, which went not into fudding, scam accussasions and ... like it went with so many other ponnys when i was talking about dash to them. So yeah i think you are not that bad/retarded (perhaps it has to do with the user smoothie, that you are not liked Tongue) - so at least for me you are one of the camp monero guys with who i had some serious conversations in the past.

About the second part, ofc some people lost money for buying high and selling low. But thats traders choice, and it has nothing to do with dash and that dash scamed these people because of false promises - in fact these "promises" if you wanna call them that way, were all fullfilled because everyone (at least for now at an ath) has made money if he beliefed in dashs tech.

Instead with the shorters who lost money its a different story, because its not one, not two, not three videos in which fluffy and his gang discredited dash, its many of them! And he clearly told in these videos that dash is a total scam and its not worth even a cent. So what will someone do who saw that and thought its the truth, right he would short after the first move from 10 to 20 dollar. And he will only short more the higher it goes (if he has money left, perhaps he will also sell his wife/mother/... if he hasen't), because with all these flaws and scams, dash is not even worth 1 dollar, not 10, not 20, .... -> but it turned out they got burned all and now its worth 100 dollar, so who did scam all the noobs? Fluffy or Dash?

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:05:56 PM

sry to interrupt you here, but he said - the track record of fluffy shows how wrong he is.

So i don't understand your logic about where he is contradicting or where he is one time listening to fluffy and one time not.

These two examples are showing a 100 % wrong doing, in dash and in monero, and thats what Fragbait said.

So, your point is that fluffy gives poor investment advice. Noted. Thanks for stopping by.
Johnny Mnemonic

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:53:16 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 10:04:45 PM by Johnny Mnemonic

He said XMR supporters warning against dash (presumably in favor of XMR) was money-losing advice. I corrected him, saying that XMR outperformed Dash in ROI, even with its latest run to $100. He then says Fluffy advises not to invest in XMR, which is a retreat from his previous argument, and at the very least only establishes that Fluffy doesn't advise investing in anything.

But since we're splitting hairs, I will say that Fluffy doesn't tell anyone not to buy XMR. He says not to buy it unless you have a use for it.
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:09:53 PM

Instead with the shorters who lost money its a different story, because its not one, not two, not three videos in which fluffy and his gang discredited dash, its many of them! And he clearly told in these videos that dash is a total scam and its not worth even a cent. So what will someone do who saw that and thought its the truth, right he would short after the first move from 10 to 20 dollar. And he will only short more the higher it goes (if he has money left, perhaps he will also sell his wife/mother/... if he hasen't), because with all these flaws and scams, dash is not even worth 1 dollar, not 10, not 20, .... -> but it turned out they got burned all and now its worth 100 dollar, so who did scam all the noobs? Fluffy or Dash?

Speaking as one of the people referred to above, I have to tell you that no, I did not short Dash after watching these videos, and you can rest assured my loved ones are safe (for now). That's because I have a brain (and not even a highly functional one).

What I did is put a little effort into reading up on Dash, after which I'm convinced Dash is indeed a scam, whether or not it's making some people profit.

Of course, if a low percentage of Dash victims actually try and realise that profit, the whole thing comes tumbling down. So much for market cap.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 10:38:55 PM

For most of Monero's lifespan, it was behind Dark Coin in market cap, so we got quite used to it. The Dark/Dash trolls never let up about how their high market cap "proved" their superiority over other alts, and Monero in particular. When Monero surpassed scamcoin's market cap, the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak. Of course this presented a good opportunity for some revenge prodding.

You won't find many here who believe that a coin's short-term market cap is proof of its legitimacy, acceptance, superiority, or anything else. Market cap it but one quality of many. In fact, we're all quite aware that scamdash's centralization makes these pumps very easy to engineer.

Furthermore, we confine 99% of our chatter about Monero's marketcap to this Speculation thread.

Contrast that to Dash's ANN, which is mostly low-info trollbox posts about "MOON?WHEN?SOON?"

It's funny DashHoles brag about having the longest thread despite it being so obviously full of empty talk about the latest pump.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:53:41 PM

Also to OP, do you srsly believe saying something "is possibly a scam" and "don't buy it" is the SAME thing as recommending someone to SELL IT SHORT...?

These two things are VASTLY different, especially in terms of risk tolerance and personal *responsibility* for whatever may result from one's actions.

Anyway as Satoshi said, "If you don’t get it I don’t have the time to try to convince you, sorry". 

(This entire exchange has probably just been a big trolling guys, LOL, looks like we fell for it.  Maybe should be just deleted at all)

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:28:24 AM

38.2% retraction boundary at 0.01905.
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:31:00 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 08:23:39 AM by ozkraut

Also to OP, do you srsly believe saying something "is possibly a scam" and "don't buy it" is the SAME thing as recommending someone to SELL IT SHORT...?

These two things are VASTLY different, especially in terms of risk tolerance and personal *responsibility* for whatever may result from one's actions.

Anyway as Satoshi said, "If you don’t get it I don’t have the time to try to convince you, sorry".  

(This entire exchange has probably just been a big trolling guys, LOL, looks like we fell for it.  Maybe should be just deleted at all)

To the people looking for blame on the outside:

Caveat Emptor! This is crypto where you and only you are 100% responsible for your actions. Embrace it. Freedom comes with good and bad. Cant believe some sore losers are blaming anyone than themselves.

If, here's some guidance to make you a bigger person maybe:

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473

Else: I suggest to stay in the debt based economy! Nobody ever gets screwed there and there's regulation, chargeback and oversight and so much warm and fluffy (hah!) safety...

(couple of edits - wasn't directed at the quoted post but read like it.....)

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
Raxitto

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:03:13 AM

The price of Monero is affected by several factors. The first factor will be the cost of the electricity needed to mine the blocks. It only compensates miners for mining if they can sell their currencies at a price equal to or greater than the cost of producing them. The second factor will be demand and supply in the market, ie the market's ability to absorb the currencies produced. In addition, there is inevitably market speculation.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 10:02:01 AM

38.2% retraction boundary at 0.01905.

Undershot a little, but a pretty good call.   I picked up some on a bid I left at 0.0189.  However we seem to be uncertainly popping up and down according to BTC fluctuations now it's over $1070.  I am hoping we break free of that and get up to a level over $22 again.

But it's hard to call - a strong BTC rally will look like the alt bubble is ending and money might rush back to BTC.

I don't think BTC will go up over 1100 in a hurry - too many will want to cash in, but if it does... Hmm..!

Adjusting my positions a little Wink

我想要火箭和火车
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 03:46:43 PM

How come every time I buy XMR it falls lol.... fuck... it's a good coin and has potential, but never manage to catch it at the right time

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:20:00 PM

How come every time I buy XMR it falls lol.... fuck... it's a good coin and has potential, but never manage to catch it at the right time

Because Monero tends to drop.
Usually the rises are fast and take relatively short period and then the downslide will start and it usually takes months after months.
Pages: « 1 ... 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 [1386] 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: