Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:36:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:58:40 PM

OK it seems people are uninterested in the Markka (CK) pump.

Is there any way I can help you to make it possible to short it?

Is registering to Crypto Kingdom (takes about 2 minutes) a too big difficulty if you want to make a killing (not!) shorting Markka (it has pumped +1000% in 5 weeks now)?

Why is CK going off the XMR standard?  Doesn't that make Markka fiat, like WoW Gold?

If Eulora can keep using their BTC-based economy, why can't CK stay on XMR?

The main reason that Crypto Kingdom had to go off the XMR standard is that XMR is hard currency. By August of 2016 Crypto Kingdom had built a very large XMR denominated debt in the form of Consul Bonds (CON). This XMR denominated debt was the result of paying for among other things the development of the game. The equity, CK gold was, fixed effectively leaving only XMR denominated debt as the way to raise capital for development and improvement of the game. What had to occur and occurred was a conversion of the XMR denominated debt into equity since it was completely unsustainable. This was a accomplished by converting CON (XMR debt) into CK together with the voting / equity component of the old CK gold also into CK. The latest move is to use CK as the in game currency. The best analogy I could think of would be World of Warcraft or Second Life but where stock in Blizzard Entertainment, instead of WoW gold, or stock in Linden Labs, instead of Linden Dollars, was used as the in game currency.  This makes CK actually very unique since equity in the game itself is used as the in game currency.

My take is that the "CK pump" is to a large degree due to freeing Crypto - Kingdom from its XMR denominated debt albatross. In this way Crypto Kingdom would not be impacted by a crash in DASH/XMR which would likely wipe out a holder of XMR denominated debt.

Edit:  DASH/XMR https://poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dash

So this was all a joke? Ok, good one, got me, I fell for it.
I thought it was serious because I thought Icey would not have missed the opportunity to make fun of me when I asked him about it.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:09:43 PM

I thought it was serious because I thought Icey would not have missed the opportunity to make fun of me when I asked him about it.
Given that the only component I am familiar with is XMR, that is the way I read it.  CON? really?  lol
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:16:59 PM

Given that the only component I am familiar with is XMR, that is the way I read it.  CON? really?  lol

Well, some people call a brand new crypto PIVX...and Consul Bonds seemed to fit in that very particular Risto mindset...
Genesis1337

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 09:35:18 PM

Well, some people call a brand new crypto PIVX...and Consul Bonds seemed to fit in that very particular Risto mindset...

PIVX is another ponzi scheme pump and dump no?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:38:00 PM

Don't ask me, I am a "Dashtard", so the worst scum of the universe according to the majority in this thread. I just think that the name is ridiculous and the features a joke, but hey, no instamine, right?
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:39:31 PM

Don't ask me, I am a "Dashtard", so the worst scum of the universe according to the majority in this thread. I just think that the name is ridiculous and the features a joke, but hey, no instamine, right?

Hey, no Name is final.  No Features are final.  Right?  Wink
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:41:49 PM

Hey, no Name is final.  No Features are final.  Right?  Wink

Touché!  Cheesy
FOMOFish

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:00:24 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 12:14:02 AM by FOMOFish

I am expecting sub 0.018 on xmr now. All alts need further correction I will buy xmr at sub 0.016-0.017.

Are you a relative of the user Adolf from this forum? Because you remind of him and his huge trading knowledge and long year experience in this field.

0.0179 as expected.

What happened to
I believe monero will correct to 152 -162 over the next week. View the long term chart and we can see that all alts need a strong correction.

The only thing expected is that you will have  a new prediction in 2 days hours.

I shorted 190-193 for 1300 xmr. Yes this hasnt hit 152 and 162 however it did go sub 0.018 as I expected and predicted in the previous post to the one you quoted. I made some btc in 12 hours with this short which was stress free. I have covered 60% of my positions and set a sl in mid 0.018.

Looks like we have a short term reversal. Xmr is holding very well in the midst of the btc recovery. I expect ath 0.023 in the next month.

that would be a ~ 1 month high, not ATH.  ATH is currently 0.0265 from about 7 months ago.  It was due yesterday, but for some unfathomable reason, rangedriver missed the timing.  I know.  I can't believe it either.
I am expecting sub 0.018 on xmr now. All alts need further correction I will buy xmr at sub 0.016-0.017.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4925

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:09:50 AM

You be's a piece o' work, Huey my man.

Takes practice! Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:30:55 AM

Speculation:. When BTC forks everyone will be holding  their coins tightly, and transaction traffic will approach nil.  Consequently the only way to actually buy anything on, e.g., alphabay will be using XMR.   XMR valuation may double, triple, quadruple overnight.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4925

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:35:46 AM

Speculation:. When BTC forks everyone will be holding  their coins tightly, and transaction traffic will approach nil.  Consequently the only way to actually buy anything on alphabay will be using xmr.   XMR valuation may double, triple, quadruple overnight.

that would be nice to see.

I'm going to gamble if there is a fork and keep BTC and see it the 2 are worth more than the 1 like etc/eth turned out to be. But I have a really small amount so I can afford to take that gamble. I think it's a long shot and XMR increasing at that time has a much higher chance of happening. Pretty much high risk higher upside thing. But who knows I may see a great entry point before then and be 100% XMR at that time. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:38:56 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 02:49:43 AM by ArticMine

CON (XMR debt) was converted to equity in Crypto Kingdom (CK) in early September 2016. At that time Dash was trading below 1 XMR. Should a similar or more severe crash in DASH/XMR occur in the future Crypto Kingdom will not be adversely impacted at all since it is no longer short XMR.

Dash is currently trading below 3 XMR but still has a quite way to go down if is going to test the September 3, 2016, low of 0.671 XMR.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:47:12 AM

CON (XMR debt) was converted to equity in Crypto Kingdom (CK) in early September 2016. At that time Dash was trading below 1 XMR. Should a similar or more severe crash in DASH/XMR occur in the future Crypto Kingdom will not be adversely impacted at all since it is no longer short XMR.

Dash is currently trading below 3 XMR but still has a quite way to go down if is going to test the September 3, 2016, low of 0.671 XMR.

I'm still missing how dash is involved.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:06:25 AM

A falling DASH/XBT or DASH/USD is an indicator that anyone who is short Monero would be wise to pay attention to. Just look for example at what happened in August 2016. First Dash falls then Monero rises. Theoretically one can make a case that the Monero markets are un-correlated to the Dash markets; however there is still a significant amount of emotion on the subject in both the Monero and Dash communities for short term leveraged traders to ignore.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:29:15 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 06:25:31 AM by explorer

A falling DASH/XBT or DASH/USD is an indicator that anyone who is short Monero would be wise to pay attention to. Just look for example at what happened in August 2016. First Dash falls then Monero rises. Theoretically one can make a case that the Monero markets are un-correlated to the Dash markets; however there is still a significant amount of emotion on the subject in both the Monero and Dash communities for short term leveraged traders to ignore.

Ahh.  An oft noted correlation.  Thank you for the explanation, I DID take it as an April Fools joke Cheesy.  Dash is still 3x what it was when my eyebrows started to rise, so there may yet be time for wisdom, if no native affinity, among Monero shorters.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 06:56:13 AM

In the Kingdom of Crypto, Dash is the village idiot.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:07:16 AM

Thank you for the explanation. So "CON" exists? Ok. Nice one. Sometimes I wish we had at least one obsessive sociopath on our team to troll you guys, just for the fun of reading the exhanges, but they somehow all ended on your team.
Imho the only "significant amount of emotion" about Monero on the DASH side is that we keep getting stalked by Icey and the likes. Otherwise I really respect and like XMR actually and I appreciate that at least smooth has stopped the harassment (I still think it has something to do with the fact that he witnessed an actual intentional fraudulent launch with Steemit that he does not want to write about for some reason, but what do I know...maybe he will be a guest in some Tone Vays Show to talk about it one day).

Anyway, good luck XMR! See some of you in the DASH ANN again!
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:09:27 AM

In the Kingdom of Crypto, Dash is the village idiot.

The chief window licker.  Currently absorbing massive pay cut.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2213
Merit: 3208

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:57:37 AM

Speculation:. When BTC forks everyone will be holding  their coins tightly, and transaction traffic will approach nil.  Consequently the only way to actually buy anything on, e.g., alphabay will be using XMR.   XMR valuation may double, triple, quadruple overnight.

At least today there is direct EUR and USD to XMR (Bitfinex and Kraken), and for sure I will not touch my BTC during these days.
Great speculation.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:38:19 PM

Ahh.  An oft noted correlation.  Thank you for the explanation, I DID take it as an April Fools joke Cheesy.  Dash is still 3x what it was when my eyebrows started to rise, so there may yet be time for wisdom, if no native affinity, among Monero shorters.
I didn’t know the correlation too. Do you know why that is tough?
I mean why is there a correlation between dash price rising and monero price dropping? Is there like a eth,etc type of deal between them? What is the history that causes this reverse prices?
Pages: « 1 ... 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: