Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312488 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:16:29 PM

WTB: EUR banknotes@Embassy, pay 1.1*Kraken EUR ask for amount up to 30k only, then previous deals apply.

I will be here 1 more (game)day now.

Girls welcome to DOM in one day.

See everyone @ drop @ 20:00! Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:41:21 PM

Heyhey,

hope you all are hodling well. Lets discuss some fundamental price-driving factors again.
My eyes bleed from technical analysis bullshit (yet to see a rich technical analyst)..

- What are the tx-fees on Monero right now?
- How is the Darknet adoption?
- Are there any hardware-wallets coming in?
- Any progress on scaling?
- Any progress on bitcoin-compatible RPC API?
- How many Monero did the referee get from Real Madrid?

Anyone?

This is far best website with Monero information's, you see there also fees cost and also compared with bitcoin. https://www.monero.how/
You can never know what traders pay with but speculation is that on alphabay  99% is used BTC and 1% is used Monero. It goes par with transactions on Monero and Bitcoin blockchain. 100 vs 1 ( you can again check on website I provide).

About hardware valets is best to ask companies that makes them When they will fell they can make a nice profit they will for sure jump in.

As I know and I am no PRO, Monero can scale no matter on how much transactions happen as long as changes are not sudden.  Where progress will be needed is to reduce blockchain growth. I am sure everyone is aware of it, but is not some super priority since no one expect that Monero will reach par with bitcoin transactions in a year.

KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:55:47 PM

FWIW it's just anecdotal info but I did a bunch of transactions to move coins to long term cold storage just recently.

I used both the latest version of the GUI wallet and moved some XMR out of some MyMonero wallets too.

MyMonero seems to have still a default-ish miner fee of about 0.026 XMR which presently equals about 0.0004 bitcoin

The latest GUI wallet version on defaults seems to have miner fee of about 0.017 or 0.016-ish, presently equals about 0.0003 bitcoin

So, yes it's less after the last hard fork, as planned.  But not a lot less unless you manually go in and change defaults I suppose.

But IAC the fees in Monero are at a level that should be 'normal' for bitcoin IF bitcoin was working the way it used to (i.e. reasonable fee being 0.0001 or 0.0002)

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:05:03 PM

From a TA perspective, as this would seem to be the most reasonable move, i guess we won't even get under .016. And if so, you'll need some quick sticky fingers. No advice, just an idea.  Kiss

Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:40:27 PM

From a TA perspective, as this would seem to be the most reasonable move, i guess we won't even get under .016. And if so, you'll need some quick sticky fingers. No advice, just an idea.  Kiss

I hope it won't drop down lower than 0.016 btc. My friend yesterday showed me his charting analysis showing xmr should go down deeper before moving up again. I am happy to poke his head for his wrong TA.

By the way someone tells me how much supply were created after the hardfork?
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:41:46 PM

So, yes it's less after the last hard fork, as planned.  But not a lot less unless you manually go in and change defaults I suppose.

Correct. The "Low" setting, with fees of 1/4 of default, incurs a higher risk that the transaction may be delayed or even dropped.

However, presently the transaction volume is low enough that even Low fee transactions fit in blocks easily enough. So it is okay to use "Low" for now, and pay much lower fees. In the future you may want to be more careful if the transaction is urgent.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:36:27 PM

Quote from: Genesis1337 link=topic=753252.msg18661963#msg18661963
They are still really close right now. I definitely dont see any real competition thought between monero and ethereum classic. Both of them are definitely fighting against fiat, btc, and eth.
Quite honestly, I don’t see Monero fighting much against any currency. Monero seems to stick mainly to the Darknets and those who in need of anonymity (and then of course speculation too).

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 07:13:59 PM

Heyhey,

hope you all are hodling well. Lets discuss some fundamental price-driving factors again.
My eyes bleed from technical analysis bullshit (yet to see a rich technical analyst)..

Anyone?

As far as hardware wallets Trezor mentioned they are only working on getting Trezor 2 to market right now. Ledger has already told the community they have Monero on their public roadmap. They are not even sure though if Nano S can handle Monero yet.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:55:01 PM

They are still really close right now. I definitely dont see any real competition thought between monero and ethereum classic. Both of them are definitely fighting against fiat, btc, and eth.
Quite honestly, I don’t see Monero fighting much against any currency. Monero seems to stick mainly to the Darknets and those who in need of anonymity (and then of course speculation too).

Everyone needs anonymity.  Most just haven't realized it yet.  When they finally figure it out, look out ...
Genesis1337

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 01:34:46 AM

Heyhey,

Anyone?

This is far best website with Monero information's, you see there also fees cost and also compared with bitcoin. https://www.monero.how/
You can never know what traders pay with but speculation is that on alphabay  99% is used BTC and 1% is used Monero. It goes par with transactions on Monero and Bitcoin blockchain. 100 vs 1 ( you can again check on website I provide).

About hardware valets is best to ask companies that makes them When they will fell they can make a nice profit they will for sure jump in.

As I know and I am no PRO, Monero can scale no matter on how much transactions happen as long as changes are not sudden.  Where progress will be needed is to reduce blockchain growth. I am sure everyone is aware of it, but is not some super priority since no one expect that Monero will reach par with bitcoin transactions in a year.

Does this website work also?  http://www.praisemonero.org/    Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
KeyJockey

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:30:22 PM

Hey anyone of y'all "regulars" around here, smart guys what knows a lot more 'bout all this stuff than ME... LOL... think DECRED might be a worthwhile addition to the overall crypto portfolio?

I have not added any new coin in several months and probably don't *really* need to diversify any more than I am already, but just wondering if this one may be worth a small stake... any opinions?

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:29:25 PM

Turned a little profit from it, but it was a little terrifying also.

I decided to get out in profit,

I followed Monero a long time so I am happy with its fundamentals. Immunised me a bit to the rise and fall it suffers.

In a way if its for a hedge, and when people are saying I'm 80% BTC 20% XMR if that's their full plan, then it seems the more obvious hedge ought to be outside of the crypto space.

(*note: I'm only a project manager not a finance expert)

KeyJockey

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:39:26 PM

Thx Globb0... I should clarify I guess, I'm not a "trader" really only looking to put $ into crypto long-term for "Buy & HODL" strategy basically...

Also I don't really like too many of the so-called 'appcoins' except for really ambitious world-changing type projects like MaidSafe... only really see merit in the pure-currency type coins, to accomplish what Satoshi's overall vision for what BITCOIN is supposed to be (XMR being prime candidate IMHO to be "Bitcoin 2.0" due to actual honest-to-god FUNGIBILITY, for main example).

So, with that said, anyone think Decred as one of the pure currency type projects has a long term shot at something OR it's just another P&D vehicle?

Also are there any other pure currency projects out there I'm missing out on?

Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:00:41 PM

Everyone needs anonymity.  Most just haven't realized it yet.  When they finally figure it out, look out ...
And I don’t disagree, I value anonymity too (that’s why I like Monero, even though I’ve never been to a dark net). I guess I was just saying that Monero has it’s own little niche and doesn’t fight tooth and nail like most altcoins.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:46:10 PM

Thx Globb0... I should clarify I guess, I'm not a "trader" really only looking to put $ into crypto long-term for "Buy & HODL" strategy basically...

Also I don't really like too many of the so-called 'appcoins' except for really ambitious world-changing type projects like MaidSafe... only really see merit in the pure-currency type coins, to accomplish what Satoshi's overall vision for what BITCOIN is supposed to be (XMR being prime candidate IMHO to be "Bitcoin 2.0" due to actual honest-to-god FUNGIBILITY, for main example).

So, with that said, anyone think Decred as one of the pure currency type projects has a long term shot at something OR it's just another P&D vehicle?

Also are there any other pure currency projects out there I'm missing out on?

I was think about getting in Decred... don´t know exactly why...Smiley IS it overbought at the moment or you guys would believe its a good time to jump in for long term hold?

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:47:02 PM

And I don’t disagree, I value anonymity too (that’s why I like Monero, even though I’ve never been to a dark net). I guess I was just saying that Monero has it’s own little niche and doesn’t fight tooth and nail like most altcoins.

True, XMR seems to be divorced from the altcoin scene, and just does its own thing.  Which is good, IMO.  I don't have time or inclination to investigate the DNMs, but I have used XMR for its  intended purpose of value transfer, and have confidence that it will become easier and more common as crypto progresses, and legacy finance/governments bleed.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4926

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:55:45 PM

True, XMR seems to be divorced from the altcoin scene, and just does its own thing.  Which is good, IMO.  I don't have time or inclination to investigate the DNMs, but I have used XMR for its  intended purpose of value transfer, and have confidence that it will become easier and more common as crypto progresses, and legacy finance/governments bleed.

I had etc I exchanged for xmr right before etc spiked (DOH) as I expected once BTC came down it would naturally be moved into xmr but it doesn't look like that is happening which is perplexing me. Maybe that FUD campaign actually worked?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:19:06 PM

I had etc I exchanged for xmr right before etc spiked (DOH) as I expected once BTC came down it would naturally be moved into xmr but it doesn't look like that is happening which is perplexing me. Maybe that FUD campaign actually worked?

It had some effect, but XMR was drifting on a slight downgrade already, with falling volume and orders.  I don't think the FUD caused any change in the trend.  Any time you think you've discovered a correlation to XMR price movement, just move along, because it will change before you can capitalize on it  Cheesy
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:06:25 AM

I think declining volume is fine as long as the transaction volume and hash rates continue to trend up.  Trading volumes just indicate how close we are to price discovery.  In most alts, discovery tends to push price towards zero, but as long as there is a persistent demand for transactions and hash rate is high enough to restrict supply, dishoarding can't have much lasting market impact.  Volume is just one indicator of liquidity. 

tl;dr: Price discovery in xmr discovers happier things.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 12:21:33 AM

I think declining volume is fine as long as the transaction volume and hash rates continue to trend up.  Trading volumes just indicate how close we are to price discovery.  In most alts, discovery tends to push price towards zero, but as long as there is a persistent demand for transactions and hash rate is high enough to restrict supply, dishoarding can't have much lasting market impact.  Volume is just one indicator of liquidity. 

tl;dr: Price discovery in xmr discovers happier things.

Agreed.  I tend to watch trading more than the other metrics, but watching the hash rate and tx vol trend inevitably upward has always been a source of warm fuzzy feelings.  It is something that sets Monero firmly apart from the herd.
Pages: « 1 ... 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: