Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:11:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 08:56:51 PM

Big Moreno he didn't rise just lately . Moreno he will soon output.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 09:31:16 PM

Geez you guys live in denial....  Huh

If a person is not circle jerking, he must be speaking to his own book...
I know that you're talking your book, because I've seen you go through 10 such cycles. You're not fooling anyone.

Yes basically I am here to rake coins from you guys.
And I do not need to buy Moneros if the price is too high, and I advise also others to pospone their purchasing to later times. It is not only me that gets the opportunity to buy coins below 0.01 but also other guys. Isn't it better to buy low rather than high?

Good old TrueCryptonaire Smiley. Good to see you're still around, and haven't changed. Good luck accumulating. I think you've become a sizeable trader over the years. Let me know when you're on 10k+ xmr again and ready to shill this project onto 1.2bln +
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 10:32:30 PM

why has Monero missed out on these big pumps? I get that the pumps are irrational. I understand that there's a lot to be said for a currency that's stable and so on. I realize that sharp increases in prices are not healthy for the long term ecosystem.

All that said, the majority of traders on Polo et al, wouldn't know fungibility from a hole in the ground, much less care. So, given that they're willing to buy anything with a pulse, why not Monero? Why hasn't this madness pumped our currency? It seems more than odd. It seems...deliberate.

I'm beginning to think that there are entities who, either out of fear, spite, or revenge, are deliberately keeping our price down. And honestly, I'm usually not the sort of person given to conspiracy theories.

I won't name names, but dash it all, isn't this the most likely reason?

First of all, Monero didn't miss out on these big pumps.  Monero started the current mega-bull market; it is not lagging in annual performance.

1. There are a few Dash whales who use their Instamine riches to short XMR rallies because they blame us for making the public aware of their scam's history+risks.

2. XMR has the best (ie widest) distribution of any coin thanks to its fair launch, egalitarian PoW, high early emission, and long term of low prices.  This means there are more weak hands ready to take profit on every price advance.

3. Untracable XMR is the coin of choice for botnet/malware mining, creating a steady steam of coins sold soon after being mined.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

1. There are a few Dash whales who use their Instamine riches to short XMR rallies because they blame us for making the public aware of their scam's history+risks.

I am loathe to agree on this point.  Surely they would recognize that in the long run, dampening volatility would only make xmr a more attractive long-term hold... I admit that it often appears as though this, or something like it, is true.  But if so, I can happily take comfort in the longer term blowback effects.  The market has a way of taking revenge.  And it doesn't really matter to me whether we get to 100 next week or next year. 

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:45:41 PM

why has Monero missed out on these big pumps? I get that the pumps are irrational. I understand that there's a lot to be said for a currency that's stable and so on. I realize that sharp increases in prices are not healthy for the long term ecosystem.

All that said, the majority of traders on Polo et al, wouldn't know fungibility from a hole in the ground, much less care. So, given that they're willing to buy anything with a pulse, why not Monero? Why hasn't this madness pumped our currency? It seems more than odd. It seems...deliberate.

I'm beginning to think that there are entities who, either out of fear, spite, or revenge, are deliberately keeping our price down. And honestly, I'm usually not the sort of person given to conspiracy theories.

I won't name names, but dash it all, isn't this the most likely reason?

First of all, Monero didn't miss out on these big pumps.  Monero started the current mega-bull market; it is not lagging in annual performance.

2. XMR has the best (ie widest) distribution of any coin thanks to its fair launch, egalitarian PoW, high early emission, and long term of low prices.  This means there are more weak hands ready to take profit on every price advance.

3. Untracable XMR is the coin of choice for botnet/malware mining, creating a steady steam of coins sold soon after being mined.

I'm with you on points 1 and 3. As for the weak hands scenario, I'm going to disagree. We're in the middle of the biggest crypto craze we've ever seen. Seemingly, the only thing one has to do is to hold as prices rise. Why sell Monero when the price rises a couple of dollars when all around you prices of other alts are rising exponentially?

Then again, what do I know? As Groucho once said, "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." I suggest we get the children in here.

Baguette Holder.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:45:59 PM

On this note, I've lately been speculating (ha!) that another possible reason why XMR has been largely left OUT of the recent alt-coin pump & dump frenzy, and another possible reason why XMR has been establishing itself in a position of "safe-haven" of the ALTS, is precisely *because* some day (soon?) this Epic Alt P&D Era that we are living thru, WILL BE COMING TO AN END.

And, what will happen when all the alt-pumps start to crash back to their true value (zero)?

What will happen when all that profit in all the OTHER shitcoins, needs somewhere to go?

Will all the alt-pumpers want to cash out to fiat-dollars CASH?  Or even JUST to the transparent-blockchain BITCOIN?

Will all the alt-pumpers want to honestly declare their (<cough> "ill gotten" <cough>) profits by moving said profits to $ or to ฿...?

IMHO, not bloody likely... LOL ('cuz, guess what?  Cash going to banks thru exchanges, and bitcoin -both- will be tracked and taxed and maybe seized!)

Seems to me that, at the end of all this fun, a lion's share of ALL these Alt-Pump PROFITS will probably be finding their way... to the only truly fungible secure and anonymous store of value currency yet invented on this planet... MONERO!!!  Shocked  

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2017, 01:46:28 AM

I am loathe to agree on this point.  Surely they would recognize that in the long run, dampening volatility would only make xmr a more attractive long-term hold... I admit that it often appears as though this, or something like it, is true.  But if so, I can happily take comfort in the longer term blowback effects.  The market has a way of taking revenge.  And it doesn't really matter to me whether we get to 100 next week or next year. 

The DASH FOUNDATION INC guys are poker sharks and Dash is the token for their whale games.

By pumping the price of Dash they create the amplified leverage required to scare off any XMR longs.

It seems crazy to us nerds, but the DashHoles are *NOT* here for the tech, only the scam and its short term fiat profits.

This is their smooth/aminorex equivalent thought leader, in action with peak technical incompetence!   Grin

...The LN is a decentralized system for instant, high-volume micropayments that removes the risk of delegating custody of funds to trusted third parties.

Hey, it's just like transacting on an exchange !

• 3rd parties hold your coins
 • off-chain, therefore instant
 • a promise that you'll get your coins back if anything goes 'wonky'
 • only works if the other guy's on it as well
 • inconsistent interface with native client
 • inconsistent performance with native client
 • basically 2 ways of doing everything just to screw clueless 'noobs' who've no idea which is the 'real' one

Should be good !

Literally everything he wrote is wrong, except for the sarcastic "should be good" bit.  Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Godye Scaro X9

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 02:27:00 AM

Monero isn't doing too bad. It has outperformed Bitcoin by a factor of 2. The price doubled between 01/17 and 03/17 from about $10 to $20 and doubled again from 03/17 to 05/17 to nearly $40.

Maybe it's not a good idea to compare Monero's market cap to DASH or Bytecoin (which are its biggest rivals). A lot of DASH is locked up in masternodes and a lot of early mined BCN is probably not being traded on exchanges. The actual available coin supplies for DASH and BCN are probably much smaller than the circulating supply figure shown on CoinMarketCap.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 03:29:55 AM

The DASH FOUNDATION INC guys are poker sharks and Dash is the token for their whale games.

By pumping the price of Dash they create the amplified leverage required to scare off any XMR longs.

It seems crazy to us nerds, but the DashHoles are *NOT* here for the tech, only the scam and its short term fiat profits.

This is their smooth/aminorex equivalent thought leader, in action with peak technical incompetence!   Grin

...The LN is a decentralized system for instant, high-volume micropayments that removes the risk of delegating custody of funds to trusted third parties.

Hey, it's just like transacting on an exchange !

• 3rd parties hold your coins
 • off-chain, therefore instant
 • a promise that you'll get your coins back if anything goes 'wonky'
 • only works if the other guy's on it as well
 • inconsistent interface with native client
 • inconsistent performance with native client
 • basically 2 ways of doing everything just to screw clueless 'noobs' who've no idea which is the 'real' one

Should be good !

Literally everything he wrote is wrong, except for the sarcastic "should be good" bit.  Cheesy

Hey Icetroll, i remember the last time you promised to expose the Dash vulnerability when a complementary block explorer that reveals the hidden linkages between Monero transactions. http://www.monerolink.com/  from zcash dev was exposed instead.

btw im still waiting...  Tongue Tongue Tongue

EDIT : https://twitter.com/real_or_random/status/865151053116960768 
No... Dash did not fund this news  Cheesy Cheesy Grin
LOLLL

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 04:15:46 AM

XMR has a healthy and steady growth, but even this is becoming parabolic on the 1D XMRUSD chart. I would not be surprised to see XMR above 100 USD.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:06:34 AM

EDIT : https://twitter.com/real_or_random/status/865151053116960768 
No... Dash did not fund this news  Cheesy Cheesy Grin
LOLLL

Has Dash ever funded any legitimate cryptocurrency research? Smiley

It was Monero that discovered that issue and disclosed it to the other Cryptonote coins. It was never exploited on Monero.

Digidoge

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:28:15 AM

I do not usually agree with you but I think you got this pretty well.
Right now I think Monero is severaly overpriced and hyped coin with a lot of downside risk but limited upside potential.

Alts are in a bubble - including XMR. Bear in mind, I sold already a nice part of my stash over 0.02 btc but I am not even considering buying anything at current prices despite it would be profitable.

Monero is lacking the most important thing which is marketing and hype. Therefore it cannot find new people adapting it and eventually the price will start declining as the old guys are starting to feel how hard it is to carry a heavy bag.
I guess you contradict yourself, Truecryptonaire, here. At first, you think "Monero is severaly overpriced and hyped coin" and then you say that "Monero is lacking the most important thing which is marketing and hype".
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

I do not usually agree with you but I think you got this pretty well.
Right now I think Monero is severaly overpriced and hyped coin with a lot of downside risk but limited upside potential.

Alts are in a bubble - including XMR. Bear in mind, I sold already a nice part of my stash over 0.02 btc but I am not even considering buying anything at current prices despite it would be profitable.

Monero is lacking the most important thing which is marketing and hype. Therefore it cannot find new people adapting it and eventually the price will start declining as the old guys are starting to feel how hard it is to carry a heavy bag.
I guess you contradict yourself, Truecryptonaire, here. At first, you think "Monero is severaly overpriced and hyped coin" and then you say that "Monero is lacking the most important thing which is marketing and hype".

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
C4th

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:42:34 AM

Monero's main competition at this point is probably Dash, ZCash and now Bytecoin.

All three of those have doubled or tripled quadruped or gone up 1000% in a week.  Monero has actually doubled in USD terms in the last month or so, which is usually astounding and impressive, but just seems like major underperforming in the current market environment.

It has been very frustrating to hold XMR, but up 100% in a few weeks is better than losing money.  So have mixed feelings about it and I just don't know why there isn't better marketing for XMR and why the website is primitive and unattractive. 

Anyway maybe it will catch fire eventually, although I'm not holding my breath.
CryptoPH

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

<3 Crypto

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:53:18 AM

XMR has a healthy and steady growth, but even this is becoming parabolic on the 1D XMRUSD chart. I would not be surprised to see XMR above 100 USD.

It's because BTC/USD is already in parabolic territory.
When parabolic burst, it tends to be quite sharp.  Cool

CryptoPH

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

<3 Crypto

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:55:15 AM

Monero's main competition at this point is probably Dash, ZCash and now Bytecoin.

All three of those have doubled or tripled quadruped or gone up 1000% in a week.  Monero has actually doubled in USD terms in the last month or so, which is usually astounding and impressive, but just seems like major underperforming in the current market environment.

It has been very frustrating to hold XMR, but up 100% in a few weeks is better than losing money.  So have mixed feelings about it and I just don't know why there isn't better marketing for XMR and why the website is primitive and unattractive. 

FYI, XMR is already +4000% USD since it started its bullish run last year.

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:42:23 AM

I am actually seeing walls pop up - not large, but walls nonetheless.

Sell walls as I type - I wonder if they get eaten in one bite...

我想要火箭和火车
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 10:44:56 AM

I have too many expectations and there is the expectation of most people . Moreno he may be a rally soon .

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:29:01 PM

All three of those have doubled or tripled quadruped or gone up 1000% in a week.  Monero has actually doubled in USD terms in the last month or so, which is usually astounding and impressive, but just seems like major underperforming in the current market environment.

It has been very frustrating to hold XMR, but up 100% in a few weeks is better than losing money.  So have mixed feelings about it and I just don't know why there isn't better marketing for XMR and why the website is primitive and unattractive.  

You know you are in a bubble when 100% in a month is not enough.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 12:35:46 PM

Monero's main competition... (is) now Bytecoin.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Kid didn't get the memo, apparently

P.S. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Grin

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Pages: « 1 ... 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: