Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:39:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 [1789] 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:30:23 PM

Guys tonight at 8:00 ET is going to be the biggest spectacle of all COME WATCH HISTORY MADE !!    https://discord.gg/WkGkacx

Dont be the one who missed out !
Fuck off. I'm having a crisis of confidence here.

Baguette Holder.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
canonsburg

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:17:20 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm a long term holder and lurker on this thread.

I also got involved when Risto first mentioned it as a good investment. It looked like it was my chance after missing out on BTC.

Thanks to the people in this thread I've been holding all the way until last summer when a life circumstance meant I had to sell a single digit %.

It felt strange to sell but I have to remind myself to follow the simple saving plan also set out by Risto, to sell a % as it increases.

Like I said my hand was forced last summer but now I'm getting close to where I really should divest in case of some black swan event and I'm left with nothing.

Anyone else have mixed feelings about selling after holding for a long time.

I'm about there with you, all in Monero for several years. But people who talk about a lot and I think shit I have 3.5 times that I really have no exit strategy exactly. I think that's the worry.

I'm the same. I bought in at .43c and have held ever since. I think a big part of the problem is greed - whatever price it is is never enough. I always want more - how crazy is that? The fact is - and my wife and I were talking about just this last night - I could sell everything now and live very comfortably for the rest of my life. I'd never be able to buy a penthouse apartment in NYC, but so what? But I'm scared that I would't be able to forgive myself if the price went crazy. I wonder if those people who sold BTC at $400 regretted doing so even though they were comfortably off?

But the other side of the coin is that I'm not sure I want to deal with the swings in price, the trolls and the competition from the shit coins anymore. It's wearying, it's mood-altering, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

I'm getting on - how much money do I need? Do any of us need?

I am also in around 40cents, I feel the same way. Although I need a few more pumps to feel comfortable , specially with 30 procent taxes on the gains... but my bigges fear is to sell now and miss out the big pump ( if it happens ).
I just see Monero as the true coin for privacy. 

Nice, some of you got in nice and early (and cheap!). Let me guess, most of you are between a Dolphin (10 000+ XMR) and a Tuna (500+ XMR) according to the scale previously listed.

Yes, the struggle is between holding for more and selling to realize immediate profit (insert lambo meme). There are definitely people that sold BTC at $400 because they thought $10,000 was unattainable in their lifetime. But if you can see XMR going to say $2,000 or even $5,000 (being conservative since some of the more outspoken XMR bulls have said even higher numbers), while even just 1 year ago the thought of $500 was considered a fools dream, you should definitely hold out for more.
Detective Cuffs

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 06:54:55 AM

Troll species going extinct here or what? Getting nervous a little. Step up please, I want to see that troll strength index increase, so I could expect another price jump. Walonek where you at bro???
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:28:04 AM

Hello everyone,

I also got involved when Risto first mentioned it as a good investment. It looked like it was my chance after missing out on BTC.

Thanks to the people in this thread I've been holding all the way until last summer when a life circumstance meant I had to sell a single digit %.

It felt strange to sell but I have to remind myself to follow the simple saving plan also set out by Risto, to sell a % as it increases.

Like I said my hand was forced last summer but now I'm getting close to where I really should divest in case of some black swan event and I'm left with nothing.

I'm about there with you, all in Monero for several years. But people who talk about a lot and I think shit I have 3.5 times that I really have no exit strategy exactly. I think that's the worry.

Ya, it's been a long haul.  Same issue, I'm starting to get anxious to skim some value, but I keep passing sell points, and thinking, I can't sell for that!   Bought some Ledgers with XMR at the peak though,  and my New Year's Resolution is to sell some XMR for $.  I will probably accept no less than $9000 each, so later in the year, I guess  Grin 
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:20:34 AM

Hello everyone,

Ya, it's been a long haul.  Same issue, I'm starting to get anxious to skim some value, but I keep passing sell points, and thinking, I can't sell for that!   Bought some Ledgers with XMR at the peak though,  and my New Year's Resolution is to sell some XMR for $.  I will probably accept no less than $9000 each, so later in the year, I guess  Grin 

9000 is a lot Smiley, probably not this year :p
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:34:28 AM

2016: $15 was a lot - Probably not this year.
2017: $500 was a lot - Probably not this year.
2018:
9000 is a lot Smiley, probably not this year :p

Probably is an oft used word.  I am not in control of the market, nor any of its dynamics, therefore: Speculation.  I'll ride with the trend - which is ~30x per year.  Trends can change, I'm not pinning all my hopes on it, but it certainly wouldn't shock me to see another 30x year.  10x just seems so... boring, in this space. 
amastronardi

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:07:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm the same. I bought in at .43c and have held ever since. I think a big part of the problem is greed - whatever price it is is never enough. I always want more - how crazy is that? The fact is - and my wife and I were talking about just this last night - I could sell everything now and live very comfortably for the rest of my life. I'd never be able to buy a penthouse apartment in NYC, but so what? But I'm scared that I would't be able to forgive myself if the price went crazy. I wonder if those people who sold BTC at $400 regretted doing so even though they were comfortably off?

But the other side of the coin is that I'm not sure I want to deal with the swings in price, the trolls and the competition from the shit coins anymore. It's wearying, it's mood-altering, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

I'm getting on - how much money do I need? Do any of us need?

I recall this thread reading today's news at NYT about Dow reaching 25000:
"but someone once asked Bernard Baruch how he became so rich,” Mr. Dodson said. “‘I made my money by selling too soon,’” the famed financier replied."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/04/business/market-dow-2018.html

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:20:54 PM

Thinking of buying more XMR since it looks like it's gonna dip (again).  But I want a better deal this time rather than being careless about it.  So I need some opinions, hopefully not biased...  Should I buy on March when the scheduled hard fork could dip the price deeper or should I buy at the current range?

I'm thinking about waiting til March...  But what do you guys think?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:28:22 PM

Thinking of buying more XMR since it looks like it's gonna dip (again).  But I want a better deal this time rather than being careless about it.  So I need some opinions, hopefully not biased...  Should I buy on March when the schduled hard fork could dip the price deeper or buy at this current range?

I'm thinking about waiting til March...  What do you think?

The hard fork is the bringer of gifts.  It does not dip the price.  Most likely the opposite.  And of course my opinion is biased  Cheesy  How could it be otherwise?
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:47:10 PM

Thinking of buying more XMR since it looks like it's gonna dip (again).  But I want a better deal this time rather than being careless about it.  So I need some opinions, hopefully not biased...  Should I buy on March when the scheduled hard fork could dip the price deeper or should I buy at the current range?

Has a HF ever resulted in a dip? I'm not sure, but I don't think it has. Monero HF's aren't to be confused with the fear and uncertainty that occurs over in BTC land.

Baguette Holder.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:49:11 PM

Has a HF ever resulted in a dip? I'm not sure, but I don't think it has. Monero HF's aren't to be confused with the fear and uncertainty that occurs over in BTC land.

I was just thinking the same thing....

The language sounds scary, hard fork.

Maybe we should call it the annual easy fork or something.

Oooo annual feature review

Cheesy
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:50:34 PM

I was just thinking the same thing....

The language sounds scary, hard fork.

Maybe we should call it the annual easy fork or something.

Oooo annual feature review

Cheesy

Protocol Upgrade.
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:14:39 PM

It's not about HW wallets or anything, XMR is being price suppressed because big players are accumulating it big time. As someone said smart money is well aware of monero and they want to keep it as much as they can for themselves until inflation is low and they can mark the price way up

Didn't you guys notice we always are the last to pump ? its because pump happen in hierarchical orders, first you get the shittest of the the shitcoins with the wierd names like GROESTLECOIN and so on, then you got noob coins and strange coins and semi good coins, and when smart money has taken dumb money for as much as they can they pump XMR because they need to store their accumulated wealth somewhere, and whats the better place than monero?

Next year, we'll be at 4% inflation, this is bitcoin level now, and then quickly we'll be under bitcoin yearly inflation... this will be the time to mark up the price BIG TIME, I'm talking BTC current level

This is a slow play, this is like poker when you got quad aces and you want to take as much as you can from the noobs, you take your time, you let dumb money bids and buy DRAGONCHAIN and then you put your profit back into XMR.

RINSE and REPEAT until we're at 2-3% inflation and price is above 10K and doesn't come back.

Yea i doubt that very much. Wishful thinking in light of knowing better.
The competition for monero is rising very rapidly, both in community and technology.
It's fair to say that now Wraith is active on Verge, it has technically surpassed Monero. And they already had a much bigger community behind them.
And then we have Spectre being technically similar but going environmentally friendly with PoS.
Tbh i can only see Monero go down from here, probably back to around 0.008-0.012 btc levels.

Yea yea, i know you're all going to hate on me now and say they are shitcoins.
Try bringing some solid arguments this time instead of just brainless bashing.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:27:33 PM

It's not about HW wallets or anything, XMR is being price suppressed because big players are accumulating it big time. As someone said smart money is well aware of monero and they want to keep it as much as they can for themselves until inflation is low and they can mark the price way up

Didn't you guys notice we always are the last to pump ? its because pump happen in hierarchical orders, first you get the shittest of the the shitcoins with the wierd names like GROESTLECOIN and so on, then you got noob coins and strange coins and semi good coins, and when smart money has taken dumb money for as much as they can they pump XMR because they need to store their accumulated wealth somewhere, and whats the better place than monero?

Next year, we'll be at 4% inflation, this is bitcoin level now, and then quickly we'll be under bitcoin yearly inflation... this will be the time to mark up the price BIG TIME, I'm talking BTC current level

This is a slow play, this is like poker when you got quad aces and you want to take as much as you can from the noobs, you take your time, you let dumb money bids and buy DRAGONCHAIN and then you put your profit back into XMR.

RINSE and REPEAT until we're at 2-3% inflation and price is above 10K and doesn't come back.

The competition for monero is rising very rapidly, both in community and technology.
It's fair to say that now Wraith is active on Verge, it has technically surpassed Monero. And they already had a much bigger community behind them.
And then we have Spectre being technically similar but going environmentally friendly with PoS.
Tbh i can only see Monero go down from here, probably back to around 0.008-0.012 btc levels.

The stupidity of the unwashed masses always amazes me... The only DNMs that would start accepting Verge are the ones started up by LE agencies! Please,  start your own market and only accept Verge!!! We will be seeing your name in the news rather quickly in that case! Actually, I think you know that already and this is simply all about manipulation of the new money that doesn't know any better. 
I don't know who put this together but I think it's interesting... Don't you?

http://xvg.keff.org/

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:36:01 PM

The stupidity of the unwashed masses always amazes me... The only DNMs that would start accepting Verge are the ones started up by LE agencies! Please,  start your own market and only accept Verge!!! We will be seeing your name in the news rather quickly in that case! Actually, I think you know that already and this is simply all about manipulation of the new money that doesn't know any better. 
I don't know who put this together but I think it's interesting... Don't you?

http://xvg.keff.org/

That is really interesting, but i'm pretty sure those are non-wraith transactions, which are supposed to be public.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:14:20 PM

Spectre coin still has yet to release how they are going to make anonymous POS. It's vaporware until they drop it on testnet or show their maths. It's easy to make claims, it's impossible (at least in a cryptosystem) to make these claims real if you don't have the math to back you up. I'm getting anoyed at having to deal with idiots like you who just assume things are possible based on "because the devs said so." Seriously, after Vanilla coin, no one should take the word of a dev who hasn't proven themselves in the field. You're free to do stupid things with your money, so please do them--i'd love if you couldn't even afford wifi.

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:25:45 PM

Spectre coin still has yet to release how they are going to make anonymous POS. It's vaporware until they drop it on testnet or show their maths. It's easy to make claims, it's impossible (at least in a cryptosystem) to make these claims real if you don't have the math to back you up. I'm getting anoyed at having to deal with idiots like you who just assume things are possible based on "because the devs said so." Seriously, after Vanilla coin, no one should take the word of a dev who hasn't proven themselves in the field. You're free to do stupid things with your money, so please do them--i'd love if you couldn't even afford wifi.

And those things take years.

Monero didn't just spring up on quiet Sunday afternoon. The papers, the criticisms the iterations......
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:35:45 PM

And then we have Spectre being technically similar but going environmentally friendly with PoS. Tbh i can only see Monero go down from here, probably back to around 0.008-0.012 btc levels.

There is a product that is more environmentally friendly out there!? Hermagurd. Sorry guys I don't think you are going to be seeing me around here much any more. I always move to what ever project is most environmentally friendly at the time. Gotta... save the whales... or some shit...

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
AR_fan

Activity: 49
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:36:13 PM

kwukduck is a paid troll, he's been fudding btc since a long time now, just check his post history... we should be honored some people hired him to do the same with monero... it means, hold dearly to your coins, some people want them, and a nice future is ahead of us!
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:39:50 PM

Please, not this... xmr is a highly technical community, it hires actual cryptographers to review and vet the code and do research.

Wraith hasn't been peerreviewed, there's not even a technical paper. It's supposed to be stealthadresses I think, but stealth addresses alone are not enough for privacy, not by a long shot.

For example look at this research: https://z.cash/blog/new-research-on-shielded-ecosystem.html
privacy fails because amounts aren't hidden... In Verge amounts aren't hidden either... Verge hasn't technically surpassed monero at all, it's just another pump and dump coin, with one dev that even fails to deliver their basic concept (tor integration)... They're all about marketing and have no vetted codebase...

XSPEC at the moment is just vapourware, they promise the world, but there's no white paper, no documentation whatsoever... You're buying into a future promisse right now. If I would try to sell you a Renault, with the promisse that it would become a lambo, would you pay lambo-price for that renault?

anyway, good luck and watch out for scams, Verge has all the red flags of a scam...
Pages: « 1 ... 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 [1789] 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: