Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:06:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 [1842] 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:07:21 PM

hypothetical SHUM   Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg30571745#msg30571745
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:28:39 PM

Monero-Zec-Dash I believe these three projects will reach much better prices in the future. These projects existed when I met this market. I see it as old and solid.

Perhaps you need to dig...  Deeper...

Dash has airplane ad,  Zcash has Snowden's support, while monero has moneroV  Smiley

am i correct Huh

Actually, we have Kim Jong-un's stamp of approval. who could ask for more? Smiley

http://www.newsweek.com/north-korea-secretly-funnels-monero-cryptocurrency-country-through-university-774083

We need to initiate that his sister Kim Yo-jong start talk about Monero. She is more popular now since her attendance of the opening ceremony for the Winter Olympics.

Do you have a link?

If that happened to me, I would just quit the whole family. The kids are not at fault but also not mine, the woman is a whore and a liar and deserves nothing, and jail time is better than continuing to pay her. Take out all the money you can from the bank as soon as possible and hide it somewhere, maybe even throw it away, whatever it takes for her and the state to not get it.

What money? What bank?  SHUM.

HAH, Good point! Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:14:36 AM

Monero-Zec-Dash I believe these three projects will reach much better prices in the future. These projects existed when I met this market. I see it as old and solid.

Perhaps you need to dig...  Deeper...
Dash has airplane ad,  Zcash has Snowden's support, while monero has moneroV  Smiley

am i correct Huh
Monero has truth. Some might argue that that isn't worth anything. They might be right. Maybe I just need to get with the times. I hope not.
Truth and privacy.  But we've fed the troll enough for now.  Back to sleep he goes  Wink

Well he is a good indicator that we will move upwards soonish, so he can go shut up for a while like always Cheesy
furylmz

Activity: 798
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:51:27 AM

I held it for a long time in the first place.But then I get tired of holding.I sell all monero coins afterwards.The price flew after the sale.That's why I do not like Monero
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:56:18 AM
Merited by infofront (1), rangedriver (1)

I held it for a long time in the first place.But then I get tired of holding.I sell all monero coins afterwards.The price flew after the sale.That's why I do not like Monero

You came here to say that you have no vision, no self control, and take no responsibility for your own actions.  Got it.  Welcome to the masses. 

Let me guess, there is a paid signature under your shitty post, amirite?
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:11:15 AM

Perhaps you need to dig...  Deeper...
Dash has airplane ad,  Zcash has Snowden's support, while monero has moneroV  Smiley

am i correct Huh
Monero has truth. Some might argue that that isn't worth anything. They might be right. Maybe I just need to get with the times. I hope not.
Truth and privacy.  But we've fed the troll enough for now.  Back to sleep he goes  Wink

Well he is a good indicator that we will move upwards soonish, so he can go shut up for a while like always Cheesy

cmon, i never said that price will crash, in contrary price will rises because monerov.  i myself have some thought about buying it but the idea that my coin can vanish any moment at mymonero wallet scares me a bit.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:18:23 AM

You came here to say that you have no vision, no self control, and take no responsibility for your own actions.  Got it.  Welcome to the masses.  

Let me guess, there is a paid signature under your shitty post, amirite?
Apparently the market has agency and the capacity to do wrong and not arriving at the price that he prefers is an example of such a wrong, which has made our friend rather cross with her, and since the market and Monero are friends with each other he's naturally rather cross with Monero too!

cmon, i never said that price will crash, in contrary price will rises because monerov.  i myself have some thought about buying it but the idea that my coin can vanish any moment at mymonero wallet scares me a bit.
Connect your wallet to a remote node. PM me if you need help getting it set up. Meh just use the GUI wallet if you don't know how to use the CLI. It's pretty self explanatory with the GUI. It's in the options or settings somewhere clearly labeled.

Yes everyone I know you all think hes a troll but I can still extend an olive branch.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:40:09 AM

cmon, i never said that price will crash, in contrary price will rises because monerov.  i myself have some thought about buying it but the idea that my coin can vanish any moment at mymonero wallet scares me a bit.
Connect your wallet to a remote node. PM me if you need help getting it set up. Meh just use the GUI wallet if you don't know how to use the CLI. It's pretty self explanatory with the GUI. It's in the options or settings somewhere clearly labeled.

Yes everyone I know you all think hes a troll but I can still extend an olive branch.

several mobile non-custodial wallets to choose from if you don't want to use the native wallet or a web wallet.  GUI on windows is... not great, requires patience.  Linux it is smooth and fast.
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:17:42 PM

several mobile non-custodial wallets to choose from if you don't want to use the native wallet or a web wallet.  GUI on windows is... not great, requires patience.  Linux it is smooth and fast.
True
[...]  GUI on windows is... not great, requires patience.  Linux it is smooth and fast.
Also true.

... as I post this from a Windows 10 laptop.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
tommyeyt

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:26:41 PM

The crypto market is based around events that generate hype. Whenever something noteworthy happens a coin gets a big boost, else it just slowly rises or does nothing.

That said, there hasn't been a noteworthy event for monero recently, the next event will probably be the hardware wallets followed by open source wallets, bulletproof and lastly kovri.
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:27:01 PM

https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/

i aint gonna sell my XMV , shit fork...
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:31:17 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 07:53:40 PM by aminorex

The crypto market is based around events that generate hype. Whenever something noteworthy happens a coin gets a big boost, else it just slowly rises or does nothing.

That said, there hasn't been a noteworthy event for monero recently, the next event will probably be the hardware wallets followed by open source wallets, bulletproof and lastly kovri.

The crypto market, like any other, is based on supply and demand.  Price moves quickly when the balance between supply and demand changes quickly, and slowly when it does not.  Fear and greed are two labile forces which play a significant role in supply and demand, but their lability makes their effects transient, while economic uses and emission rates are typically more gentle but always more persistent forces in determining the trajectory of clearing. PoW difficulty has an intermediate persistence/lability and is a feed back link between supply flow constraint and clearing price, which reinforces systemic momentum.  PoS systems simpliciter lack this specific form of feedback, but master node systems add back a near analog.  "Hype" plays a role in accelerating greed, while "FUD" does likewise for fear.

It is really a differential-algebraic system with complex component nodes.  The dynamics of the system as a whole are not hard to model (except numerically, due to awful condition numbers) but some of the more complex component nodes have a lot of latent structure which needs to be elucidated in order to make the predictive value of such a model quantitatively and quantifiably useful.  Specifically the allocations of holdings and preferences amongst market agents needs to be sufficiently defined.

The nice thing (and the awful thing) about models is that, like standards, there are so many too choose from.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 08:33:41 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 09:20:35 AM by iCEBREAKER

'Bitcoin is dead/dying' FUD being spread by Aminorex.

...they own up to their most massive counterfactual mistakes and perhaps explain to their flocks how/why they managed to get it so wrong.

Yeah, the fee crisis is over, for now at least, and whether it will repeat I am not now competent to speculate.  I should learn to keep my mouth shut when I am not following current events.  I was quite wrong about s2x, because core was able to act while I was expecting even more stagnation. That error, again, is attributable to neglecting the current available information about the internal dynamics of core. I was also quite wrong about Bitcoin Cash, which has far exceeded my expectations.  I don't even know enough to say why.

Once you know something well, you can make more reasonable projections than before, but if you don't stay up-to-date on the most important factors, in a dynamic environment, that potential degrades rapidly.  My takeaway is to remember to check whether my info is still pertinent rather than repeating old conclusions without updating.  I have done it before, so shame on me for not learning from it then.  It is easy to get cocky and sloppy after a few wins, and a hard reality check is good for the soul, focusses the mind.  So thanks for pointing it out.

Frankly I am not paying enough attention to classic crypto lately for anyone to hang on my words about it.  I try to get the big picture, but my detail attention is currently consumed by lawyers and web plumbing for a CEF.  C'est la guerre.

Great post!  All my concerns regarding previous underestimation of Bitcoin's antifragility were thoroughly addressed.  You've succinctly and unquestionably reestablished yourself as the brilliant thought leader of our little MEA brain trust.

Next bottle of Barolo is on me!  Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
denetci

Activity: 490
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:33:03 AM

guys i want to ask you a question? Why is still so damn hard to use Monero wallets? I've spent literally 2.5 day to recover some funds I had in an old wallet.
Do you prefer any much practical method for that?
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:13:11 AM

guys i want to ask you a question? Why is still so damn hard to use Monero wallets? I've spent literally 2.5 day to recover some funds I had in an old wallet.

Use a remote node if you don't have a synced blockchain.  Restore from a block height not much older than the wallet for a quicker scan.  Should take no more than minutes if it is not a very old wallet.
BoXXoB
Legendary

Activity: 2018
Merit: 1108

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:05:20 PM

several mobile non-custodial wallets to choose from if you don't want to use the native wallet or a web wallet.  GUI on windows is... not great, requires patience.  Linux it is smooth and fast.
True
[...]  GUI on windows is... not great, requires patience.  Linux it is smooth and fast.
Also true.

... as I post this from a Windows 10 laptop.

After attempting to sync it on my laptop I decided it is time to put linux on it. Couldn't be happier with my decision...

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎  ⚫︎
████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██
██████████████████
████████████████████
████████████
|
 UNIQUE 
GAMES
|
 NO 
KYC
|
 WITHDRAW 
IN MINUTES
|
░█▀███████
█▀▀█░░░█████████▀▀█
██░█▄█████████
████████▀█▀█▀██
███████▀▀░▀██
▀▄█████▀█░█▀▄▀
████████
██████
████
████
████
▄▄████████▄▄
██████████████
denetci

Activity: 490
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:11:35 PM

Use a remote node if you don't have a synced blockchain.  Restore from a block height not much older than the wallet for a quicker scan.  Should take no more than minutes if it is not a very old wallet.
thanks for your assistance, i will try this method in future.

one more question

I gave half of my Monero to a close friend but so far it is still sitting in the same wallet that I originally set up. Can I create another wallet on the same machine and if I do then how can I transfer half of the XMR to him. Should I transfer it all in one go or would it be more sensible to make multiple smaller payments?
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:02:29 PM

After attempting to sync it on my laptop I decided it is time to put linux on it. Couldn't be happier with my decision...
My laptop just crashed as I was reading this post, kind of ironic don't you think? (still using windows 10)

I've been on and off trying to duel boot Debian with Windows, but every time I've tried it ends up in some sort of error or the installation freezes. I've installed it on computers and VMs before, so I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue; especially since no other distros are having better luck on it either.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:14:21 PM

The Monero blockchain is becoming very large, i wonder how big it will become in around 5 years time when Monero has mass adoption on the darkweb. Hardware wallets cant come soon enough either and will drive the price of XMR up high Smiley
birr

Activity: 868
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:56:18 PM

My laptop just crashed as I was reading this post, kind of ironic don't you think? (still using windows 10)

I've been on and off trying to duel boot Debian with Windows, but every time I've tried it ends up in some sort of error or the installation freezes. I've installed it on computers and VMs before, so I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue; especially since no other distros are having better luck on it either.
I use a Chromebook with galliumos, which is a distro based on xubuntu made especially for Chromebooks.  And I replaced the 32 Gig ssd with a 128 Gig ssd.  No dual booting, just linux.  I've had dual boot machines in the past but for my cheap, efficient little acer c720p Chromebook it's linux all the way and cli monero daemon and wallet that run like a dream.
Pages: « 1 ... 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 [1842] 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: