Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:40:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam  (Read 69404 times)
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 10:47:48 AM

BCN was not a premine scam. Many thousands are mining it using CPU and GPU. BCN has a team of active devs.
If Monero types were too dumb to use TOR then that is their problem.

I don't really have time to participate in the back-and-forth, but I'd like to point out that I've been one of the regular editors of the Hidden Wiki since 2007. I hosted it myself for about 8 months when the official one went belly-up, and I still host a popular mirror of the current home (previously with Freedom Hosting, but I moved it on to my own tin a few months back). I've bought tons of stuff on the original SR (not drug related, never really been my scene), and I've been a regular on HackBB for ages. I have asked around, among some of the other editors on the Hidden Wiki as well as asking someone that works with Freedom Hosting, and as far as any of them can ascertain Bytecoin simply did not exist until earlier this year. I can personally attest to never having come across it in 2011 / 2012, despite still being an active Hidden Wiki editor during that time.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 10:57:01 AM

Hah. The sell orders fail the statistical randomness test big time. They are way too uniformly distributed to be a product of a random process.

Perhaps they are not, and ALL belong to the only holder that provably exists - the 82% fat bag.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:55:05 AM

BCN was not a premine scam. Many thousands are mining it using CPU and GPU. BCN has a team of active devs.
If Monero types were too dumb to use TOR then that is their problem.

I don't really have time to participate in the back-and-forth, but I'd like to point out that I've been one of the regular editors of the Hidden Wiki since 2007. I hosted it myself for about 8 months when the official one went belly-up, and I still host a popular mirror of the current home (previously with Freedom Hosting, but I moved it on to my own tin a few months back). I've bought tons of stuff on the original SR (not drug related, never really been my scene), and I've been a regular on HackBB for ages. I have asked around, among some of the other editors on the Hidden Wiki as well as asking someone that works with Freedom Hosting, and as far as any of them can ascertain Bytecoin simply did not exist until earlier this year. I can personally attest to never having come across it in 2011 / 2012, despite still being an active Hidden Wiki editor during that time.

I'd like to point out that I've been one of the regular editors of the Hidden Wiki since 1999. I hosted it myself for about 11 months when the official one went belly-up, and I still host a popular mirror of the current home (previously with Freedom Hosting, but I moved it on to my own tin a few months back). I've bought tons of stuff on the original SR (not drug related, never really been my scene), and I've been a regular on HackBB for ages. I have asked around, among some of the other editors on the Hidden Wiki as well as asking someone that works with Freedom Hosting, and as far as any of them can ascertain fluffypony simply did not exist until earlier this year.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 12:11:04 PM

-puerile reply-

When I was a child in primary school, maybe 10 or 11 years old, I remember we used to name-call and then taunt "I'm the rubber, you're the glue, whatever you say sticks to you!" Your response reminds me of that.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:12:55 PM

There is just nothing to be said concerning the others.

Now here we have a prime example of the arrogance and irrational sense of entitlement [...]

You seem to be mostly interested in trolling, or at least: your posting style is indistinguishable from a troll, as far as I can tell (after having read your posts in various XMR threads), but for once, you are right.

Dismissing the entirety of the altcoin space as total garbage, with one exception of course, reeks of arrogance, and doesn't shine a welcoming light on Monero supporters either, in my opinion.

There is an argument to be made that Monero takes a special place among altcoins (as evidenced, for example, by the large number of "old Bitcoin hands" becoming interested in it), but that argument can - and should - be made without taking a piss all over the competition.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

J1mb0 - A picture is worth a thousand words. Something was corrupt with BCN and you only need look at where the finger is pointing.

You could make the same point about BitMonero. Which would be just as irrelevant today as well.

3 Points;

I am not comparing BCN or BitMonero to Quark. But look at the birth of Quark. Still alive with community. Price steadily rising.

The mainstream press love a 'back story'. All the stuff around Bytecoin - They will love!  Cheesy Whether true or false!

BCN is the only cryponote of substance with a supply that is suited for day to day trading and spending by millions or billions of people

[Edit] - I don't like to keep bumping this thread so I will start a new thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=761124.0

I know Quark, as I had a bit back in the day and I just had to check the price based on your "Price steadily rising." comment.
Need I say more?
Historical

Last Month

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Hexah

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:43:09 PM

LOL  Grin
Fixed a design for you

kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:29:54 PM

LOL  Grin
Fixed a design for you

Where can I buy those t-shirts?

Hexah

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:47:57 PM

LOL  Grin
Fixed a design for you

Where can I buy those t-shirts?

Don't know yet but what I DO know is that you shouldn't buy it from XMR guys... since... you know...

Monero is a scam!
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:52:25 PM

I just printed that fucking great tshirt design, fuck yeah thx hexah!

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:41:02 PM

The anti-monero trolls here remind me of the Soiledcoin Trolls from 2011 and 2012.

They would fit right in with RealSoiled and his "crew".

So funny the similarities between the two groups over time.  Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:10:04 PM

The anti-monero trolls here remind me of the Soiledcoin Trolls from 2011 and 2012.

Except that these trolls have the IQ of a gnat.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
SimpleMachines

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:44:46 AM

Soiledcoin trolls? What similarities you are talking about? I'm quite interesting to know more about ''scams'', ''troll strategies'' and other things to become more savvy
DogTheHunter

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:09:18 AM

why not go and create something, rather than spreading FUD like this?

it does crypto no good. it just makes those not yet in crypto think, yeah all crypto is just scams and its full of scammers.

the monero project adds a lot of value to crypto. let the work carry on without all this crap. if the project does well and the code works, then what have you lost? nothing. If it doesn't work, what have you lost? nothing.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:19:23 AM

I was really thinking about doing some XMR so... if the code works... good! If it doesn't, I waste my processing time which I would at least partially otherwise used for gaming. So, I'd be pissed.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:24:33 AM

Came back after a week, nice to see shills getting desperate
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:48:44 PM

I bought some XMR back in May. I've still got those coins sitting around somewhere.

The OP outline is very convincing.

The part about this being a clever scam to target big wallets to fleece them of their BTC, along with purchasing accounts that may sway influence, was particularly interesting.

However, this is all speculation as there doesn't seem to be any hard proof. If there were hard evidence, then this is something that could be referred to the police in various jurisdictions.

Until there is evidence of a scam, targeting BTC whales and purchasing of accounts to effectively create a boiler room type scam, then this goes nowhere and people should use judgement to take a careful look at this from both sides of the fence.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:34:31 PM

Hard to take your conspiracy theories serious if you have 99% of your post advertising darkcoin.

GogglesPisano

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:47:32 PM

You know a coin has gained a pretty good acceptance and threatens others when the "Unveiling the truth behind the ____ scam" thread appears.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:00:35 PM

Hard to take your conspiracy theories serious if you have 99% of your post advertising darkcoin.

None of these are my theories.  I am an observer.

You can obviously read. Now try comprehension.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: