Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:31:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam  (Read 69404 times)
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 06:31:11 PM

You are kind of right only in the sense that XMR is thanks to RingCT the best crypto in the world, and the industry-leading 100% fungibility thereby created makes Monero the "altcoin for people who hate altcoins."

However, I do not see that market reflects the situation described. Actually, it reflects the opposite. You should understand that only a small percentage of people need anonymous coins. For most they don't need any anonymous or even decentralized coins. It is reality and you should accept it. We can speak about how XMR is cool but most of the people do not need any features of it. They need fast and secure transactions. Businesses that are responsible for mass adoption of crypto will NEVER accept XMR except deep web. 

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 06:35:14 PM

You are kind of right only in the sense that XMR is thanks to RingCT the best crypto in the world, and the industry-leading 100% fungibility thereby created makes Monero the "altcoin for people who hate altcoins."

However, I do not see that market reflects the situation described. Actually, it reflects the opposite. You should understand that only a small percentage of people need anonymous coins. For most they don't need any anonymous or even decentralized coins. It is reality and you should accept it. We can speak about how XMR is cool but most of the people do not need any features of it. They need fast and secure transactions. Businesses that are responsible for mass adoption of crypto will NEVER accept XMR except deep web. 

That's not true. I can't think of a company that wants its payroll or r&d budget public knowledge.

dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:39:03 PM

However, I do not see that market reflects the situation described. Actually, it reflects the opposite. You should understand that only a small percentage of people need anonymous coins. For most they don't need any anonymous or even decentralized coins. It is reality and you should accept it.

This is absolutely right.  And for those users, there is.... fiat.  There's no reason to get involved in anything crypto, if it is to be centralized, nominative, and entirely law abiding.  Because fiat, which is centralized, nominative, an law abiding is WAAAY better in these aspects, no hassle with wallets, secret keys, fluctuating prices, full blocks, pumps and dumps, fees, and all that.  A credit card is way, way way more practical if it can be centralized and nominative than any crypto out there ever will.

And note that fiat is more private than bitcoin.  Only your banker knows.
dinofelis

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:40:39 PM

When will you publicly ask for forgiveness?
Are you brave enough to admit you were wrong all the way?

You must be sitting on a huge bag of bytecoin, aren't you  Grin

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:14:44 PM

When will you publicly ask for forgiveness?
Are you brave enough to admit you were wrong all the way?

You must be sitting on a huge bag of bytecoin, aren't you  Grin

Hahahahah

Well well well you know something!
I only have a few BCN and I've bought them! After I found out about XMR and after I've bought them I found out they were before XMR!

And YES I still keep them!

Space for rent if its still trending
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 07:26:52 PM

Monero is fast.  2 minute minute blocks and flexible block size limit.  Payment channels Soon.

I said "100% fungibility."  You are the only one who brought up "anonymous."  Do you understand they are distinct concepts, despite overlapping?

You underestimate the utility of and demand for fungible digital cash.  And privacy is not just about kids buying dank nugs online.

http://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/1967/what-is-fungibility-and-why-does-it-matter

http://www.ted.com/talks/alessandro_acquisti_why_privacy_matters

http://www.ted.com/talks/glenn_greenwald_why_privacy_matters

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140113044954-2259773-10-reasons-why-privacy-matters

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ResistantLaw

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:41:06 PM

Interesting discussion. I have always noticed something weird with Monero. They speak like is the best crypto in the world creating FUD and accusing of scam for all others altcoins in the world with only exception of the coins developed by their affiliated, and when you check the code after so much time progress are embarrassing, years of development and no significant improvement with wallet still unstable and with code that seems written by some amateur nerd teenager. It's a pity that there is so much silence from original Cryptonote\Bytecoin developers and doubt about its future, they are clearly on a different league in terms of skills and ability to continue to develop code compared to the Monero noisy copy\pasters.

Dude, this thread is 2 years old. I mean there's posts up to this past December, but a lot of this information is irrelevant now.

Monero is thriving and if you look at the charts, it's likely to stay on the upward trend over the course of this year.

Sure 90% of my posts are Monero so I won't talk bad about it, but I actually like this crypto cause its not a scam. It has real potential.

I'm sure not every person cares about being 100% anonymous, but I know a certain market of people who use bitcoin and are getting arrested, and those people will definitely flock to Monero when more arrests start happening. They already have the option to use it, but most haven't cared yet. I think they will care soon enough, but that's all speculation.

Also, about the code thing, Monero is open source. Nobody is sitting there with a ton of money. People don't have all day every day to spend on this shit. The community funds the projects. The development is a little slow, sure, but if it is already $10+ at this point, where will it be when RingCT is mandatory, when there is a mobile wallet, when kovri is implemented.(Although I realize that price does not determine if the coin is successful) You can say whatever you want, but I truly believe that Monero will succeed.

Hell if coinbase adds them, I'm gonna go around to everyone and say I told you so. But I don't know if they would do Monero or not. Would be huge news though.
AndreaF

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:52:19 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 08:06:30 AM by AndreaF

LOL Monero promoters arrived to flooding this thread with wall of text of nothing.

A group of people (Monero trolls) have copied a good cryptocurrency(Bytecoin) so that they can manage as they want accusing the original developers to be scammers because of high emission in the first period of launch only because they weren't on the boat. This is as fair a Chinese producer that clone a smartphone selling it at higher price compared to the original one, and after that claiming that original producer was a scammer to convince people to buy from him and trying to delegitimize all others competitors with the same bullshit lies, for every altcoins there is a Monero-fag that screams "scam" when his coin is the real scam.

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?top
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:15:22 AM

The Monero XMR Scam Uncovered

Monero is being pushed very hard everywhere in this forum.
That is just not true. I and many others in my team have been attacking it relentlessly. 
irukandji

Activity: 629

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:18:01 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 08:45:26 AM by irukandji

del
dinofelis

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:47:18 AM

LOL Monero promoters arrived to flooding this thread with wall of text of nothing.

A group of people (Monero trolls) have copied a good cryptocurrency(Bytecoin)

Technically, bytecoin was a good cryptocurrency, but with the "backward time machine" story to explain a 80% premine, that's even worse than DASH.  That's not sustainable as a monetary belief system.
obit33

Activity: 514

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:11:56 AM

You can check Github account and do your research. Pretty ridiculous ask to proof that is a copy-paste when Monero is a fork(... do you know what fork mean?).

I check github almost daily, xmr is quasi the most active developed alt there is... do you even know how to read github?

And yes, I know what a fork is... kind of pedantic that a newbie-account like you would speak in this condescending tone, I'm here since beginning of 2013, you are here since may 2016 and it tells that you know jack shit about anything...
What you're saying is all forks are copy pasta? Congratz, you just blew what little was left of your credibility.... 2 questions for proof of your ridiculous claims were asked, two times you avoided showing some...

go ahead, make some more empty claims that show you for the empty-headed fool you are.

best regards
AndreaF

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:30:55 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 09:42:41 AM by AndreaF

You can check Github account and do your research. Pretty ridiculous ask to proof that is a copy-paste when Monero is a fork(... do you know what fork mean?).

I check github almost daily, xmr is quasi the most active developed alt there is... do you even know how to read github?

And yes, I know what a fork is... kind of pedantic that a newbie-account like you would speak in this condescending tone, I'm here since beginning of 2013, you are here since may 2016 and it tells that you know jack shit about anything...
What you're saying is all forks are copy pasta? Congratz, you just blew what little was left of your credibility.... 2 questions for proof of your ridiculous claims were asked, two times you avoided showing some...

go ahead, make some more empty claims that show you for the empty-headed fool you are.

best regards

LOL probably you know only how to read the number of commits not the code and what exactly adds in terms of functionality and quality.
What major feature added Monero to the code copy\pasted from Bytecoin? The most valuable and advertised feature of Monero (anon ring signature) is copied from Bytecoin and there isn't any other valuable feature.
There isn't event a decent GUI wallet, with the still in beta release that has less features than the old first GUI Bytecoin wallet released many years ago and uses an embarrassing amount of RAM.
Try again Monero PR

obit33

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:07:37 AM

best regards

LOL probably you know only how to read the number of commits not the code and what exactly adds in terms of functionality and quality.
What major feature added Monero to the code copy\pasted from Bytecoin? The most valuable and advertised feature of Monero (anon ring signature) is copied from Bytecoin and there isn't any other valuable feature.
There isn't event a decent GUI wallet, with the still in beta release that has less features than the old first GUI Bytecoin wallet released many years ago and uses an embarrassing amount of RAM.
Try again Monero PR

dude, give it a rest, you're making a total fool of yourself:
- lmdb implementation so the blockchain doesn't have to be stored in memory anymore
- add full support for fluffy blocks
- switch to Borromean signatures in RingCT
- fixed issues with coinbase transactions
- overhaul of the threading system
- kovri (i2p) development
- optimise blockchain refresh
- major RingCt performance improvements
- multisig is being developed
- an enormous amount of bug fixes
- lots and lots more

Gui-wallet runs pretty decent on my computer btw, don't know what you're doing wrong there...

and to conclude?  Can you explain why xmr gained effective usability last year and BCN did not. If XMR is just a clone like you're implying and totally behind on the curve, then why is the usebase so much larger than that of BCN? Oh, I know, because of evil brainwashing xmr community probably...

now please, go shill for your 86% premined scam somewhere else...

AndreaF

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:18:48 AM

A group of people (Monero trolls) have copied a good cryptocurrency(Bytecoin)

Technically, bytecoin was a good cryptocurrency, but with the "backward time machine" story to explain a 80% premine, that's even worse than DASH.  That's not sustainable as a monetary belief system.

First of all isn't proven that the developer premined before release, seems more a not properly distributed initial supply. Anyway even considering that developers have premined I would have agree with you if is proven that approach used by other coins assure most fair distribution. Unfortunately isn't the mined amount that decide this but how a common user can get a proportional percentage of the supply. Since the mining network can easily grab the most of supply forcing you to buy from them if you want some coin. Bytecoin was always easily mineable even from an home user with a notebook, was distributed for free in very large amount with faucets. Monero? If you want to get a decent amount of units you have to pay much money to big mining clusters most of them controlled by founders of the coin that have the most of the emission totally in their hands. How is supposed to be more fair this?

AndreaF

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:27:32 AM

best regards

Try again Monero PR

dude, give it a rest, you're making a total fool of yourself:
- lmdb implementation so the blockchain doesn't have to be stored in memory anymore
- add full support for fluffy blocks
- switch to Borromean signatures in RingCT
- fixed issues with coinbase transactions
- overhaul of the threading system
- kovri (i2p) development
- optimise blockchain refresh
- major RingCt performance improvements
- multisig is being developed
- an enormous amount of bug fixes
- lots and lots more

Gui-wallet runs pretty decent on my computer btw, don't know what you're doing wrong there...

and to conclude?  Can you explain why xmr gained effective usability last year and BCN did not. If XMR is just a clone like you're implying and totally behind on the curve, then why is the usebase so much larger than that of BCN? Oh, I know, because of evil brainwashing xmr community probably...

now please, go shill for your 86% premined scam somewhere else...

Bytecoin blockchain isn't stored in memory  too
enormous and lot means nothing...

I have asked you WHAT significant feature they have added. The wallet doesn't even have a block explorer a base feature included in Bytecoin since the start and is slow to start and use much RAM.

Effective usability? Only a single darknet store accepted them and this probably because of very aggressive marketing not because of some new feature. Bytecoin was always a lurker, with not much promotion while Monero staff spend more time on social and advertising than to code is not surprising this but has nothing to do with what I'm stating here.

obit33

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:37:15 AM

Bytecoin blockchain isn't stored in memory  too

I have asked you WHAT significative feature they have added. The wallet doesn't even have a block explorer a base feature included in Bytecoin since the start and is slow to start and use much RAM.

Effective usability? Only a single darknet store accepted them and this probably because of very aggressive marketing not because of some new feature. Bytecoin was always a lurker, with not much promotion while Monero staff spend more time on social and advertising than to code is not surprising this but has nothing to do with what I'm stating here.

wauw, nice cherry picking on the two last items... multisig, kovri, ... all means nothing then...

the second coin ever to be added on the darknet, mweh, means nothing too... btw if the dnm-owners would be dumb enough to fall for agressive marketing they would've chosen dash. hint: dnm-owners aren't dumb, especially those of large and long standing dnm's...

ah well, you do what you wanna do off course

bye
dinofelis

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:49:22 AM

First of all isn't proven that the developer premined before release, seems more a not properly distributed initial supply.

This great piece of inquiry is enough:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

Faking white papers, faking dates 2 years in advance, claiming a launch and dark market usage 2 years ago. 
Bytecoin was launched in april 2014, claiming it was around since 2012, to "explain" that 80% was already (pre)mined.

Come on.
AndreaF

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:50:56 AM

Bytecoin blockchain isn't stored in memory  too

I have asked you WHAT significative feature they have added. The wallet doesn't even have a block explorer a base feature included in Bytecoin since the start and is slow to start and use much RAM.

wauw, nice cherry picking on the two last items... multisig, kovri, ... all means nothing then...

the second coin ever to be added on the darknet, mweh, means nothing too... btw if the dnm-owners would be dumb enough to fall for agressive marketing they would've chosen dash. hint: dnm-owners aren't dumb, especially those of large and long standing dnm's...

ah well, you do what you wanna do off course

bye

First of all isn't the second coin added to the darknet there are others coins used according the community frequented, only a single store added XMR", not "the darknet, despite the very noisy Monero supported have screamed "Monero the new darknet coin". "is being developed" means nothing if isn't "already developed and with these vantages over", while kovri isn't a cryptocurrency feature but an additional tool

AndreaF

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:02:28 AM

First of all isn't proven that the developer premined before release, seems more a not properly distributed initial supply.

This great piece of inquiry is enough:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

Faking white papers, faking dates 2 years in advance, claiming a launch and dark market usage 2 years ago.  
Bytecoin was launched in april 2014, claiming it was around since 2012, to "explain" that 80% was already (pre)mined.

Come on.

these are not proofs only suspects and conjectures, that are even legit if we have to discuss how transparent have been the developers, however you have ignored 99,9% of the post where I want to know in practice, HOW is supposed to be better a developers that not premine but with emission enterely controlled  by few people with big cluster miners against developers that "maybe" have premined a big slice however everyone was able to get a very large amount of units for free with faucets and an extremely low price

How many Monero you can get? At what price? Who is that sold you Monero? How this assure a better distribution in real world?

First of all isn't proven that the developer premined before release, seems more a not properly distributed initial supply. Anyway even considering that developers have premined I would have agree with you if is proven that approach used by other coins assure most fair distribution. Unfortunately isn't the mined amount that decide this but how a common user can get a proportional percentage of the supply. Since the mining network can easily grab the most of supply forcing you to buy from them if you want some coin. Bytecoin was always easily mineable even from an home user with a notebook, was distributed for free in very large amount with faucets. Monero? If you want to get a decent amount of units you have to pay much money to big mining clusters most of them controlled by founders of the coin that have the most of the emission totally in their hands. How is supposed to be more fair this?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: