Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam  (Read 69404 times)
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:15:33 PM

see the more you look the more it stinks..

The 82% premine they're talking about belongs to Bytecoin.

it's kinda funny to watch the trolls say "Monero is a stupid clone ... should use the original" & then "Bytecoin scam 82% premine"

no way to win this one  Roll Eyes

The worst part is that Monero is comprised of so many people who would have otherwise supported Bytecoin if not for the 82% premine. Mindfuck.

Will take months to sort out, likely to be resolved before Dec 6th IIRC Smiley

This is what pisses me off so bad.  Cryptonote is the ONLY alt I've actually been excited about.  But the energy behind it was largely wasted - it would've had enough inertia by now to likely have unseated ltc if it had been a fair launch from the beginning.  And the original creators would've been much better off than they are left holding bags of their mega scam.

It set the entire possibility of a legit solid anon coin back ... a long way
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:20:52 PM

I think this was more like a accident and they didn't know how to fix or what to do after that...like Darkcoin had...

Premining 82% by accident doesnt happen like every day, does it?

It's just, it is to stupid to think who made a new type of coin and then to premine it like ripple which would never go higher then some random alts.
There is definitely more behind it then greed.

Greed can and does make otherwise smart people do stupid things.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:22:16 PM

Hexah, the exposed sock puppet, is that you?

Your font is too small bro.

Windoze

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:25:19 PM

what's dec 6th?

Just part of the same sequence that the coin has adhered to within ~90% since its inception. Time will tell me if i'm wrong, and in fact I've actually lost money on trying to prove myself wrong doing so.

This is what pisses me off so bad.  Cryptonote is the ONLY alt I've actually been excited about.  But the energy behind it was largely wasted - it would've had enough inertia by now to likely have unseated ltc if it had been a fair launch from the beginning.  And the original creators would've been much better off than they are left holding bags of their mega scam.

Let it piss you off. I've said it from about the first ten posts since I've been here, they only want your tears. Nothing more.

Consider the stunted excitement as part of a process that otherwise would have been premature. You know this, just as well as anyone buying this knows this. Without it, I would have walked away months ago.

Remember, CZ himself made the statement that most likely the creators of the technology were paid by the  ones who wanted the technology. The conclusion this leads me to is that the creators of the technology found out about the plans of the ones paying them prematurely and reacted. This would explain why he needs to remain anonymous, for fear of his life or extortion. Money and world-changing events do not always invite the best of company, perhaps in this case some of the better ones took a chance on intervening..

If this is what quite a few people think it really is, then a few months are nothing to wait for. Personally, I'm waiting to see what happens around 90%, measured in days of December 6th to see the next (add: Price) event. Just me though.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:49:53 PM

see the more you look the more it stinks..

The 82% premine they're talking about belongs to Bytecoin.

it's kinda funny to watch the trolls say "Monero is a stupid clone ... should use the original" & then "Bytecoin scam 82% premine"

no way to win this one  Roll Eyes

The worst part is that Monero is comprised of so many people who would have otherwise supported Bytecoin if not for the 82% premine. Mindfuck.

I agree with you. I would have preferred a legitimate launch of Bytecoin (or whatever it would have been called) with no hidden primine, no lies and fraud, and no sea of shill clone coins. It wasn't to be though. Monero is unfortunately the best we can do.

Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:46:41 AM

Sigh, I just finished reading the whole thread... After some pages it just gets a waste of time because the same arguments are being brought up everytime in a slightly new form. Pretty frustrating to see all this energy put into defending against accusations instead of making the coin better.

I can't conclude anything else that literally every accusation ('hypothesis') has been debunked / countered with valid arguments. Only commentary which holds truth is the monero code/project being far from done. This though, is actually something the devteam keeps saying, the project is in alpha.

It's a shame that for 'ordinairy' people (as in outsiders) it's getting too much time consuming to keep up with all this drama. I was listening to Let's Talk Bitcoin, and noticed they couldn't form a opinion because of all mud throwing. It seems that the crapload of BS is clogging people's view (exactly the goal iyam). If I weren't personally invested and brought in some other participants as well, I wouldn't invest the time/effort to try to keep up with all this BS and see if there's more truths than monero being alpha-stage. A shame, like I said, because it is a very promising project. People could be missing out because of this, and that means the shills/FUDsters are (partly) succesful.

What I'm taking from all this:
- Monero is a legit project. The most legit one out (t)here.
- There is a LOT at stake for some people catapulting this FUD-campagin into overdrive. Makes me more confident about the disruptive potential.
- I made a good call investing in this as well as notifying people around me. Whether it turns out profitable or not, it is worth the shot/gamble (if you will).
- An expanded ignorelist
- a strong belief that the devteam should stop responding to these acquisitions. Maybe some of the prominent members can take up this role, and sometimes being backed by a dev if necessary. But the main goal of the dev's must be DEV, and not DEF (defending Smiley

Yes my account is new, I have been lurking around here from feb 2013 tho.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:33:05 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 11:10:41 AM by smooth

I was listening to Let's Talk Bitcoin, and noticed they couldn't form a opinion because of all mud throwing. It seems that the crapload of BS is clogging people's view (exactly the goal iyam).

You are exactly right, and while I'm not sure about Andreas's theory about organized professional FUD campaigns against crypto as a whole (but I'm not sure he's wrong either), he certainly has a point in this little section off it. What is happening is no accident.

We can only hope that over time the truth will prevail (and do our best to make it so).

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:46:42 AM

....snip
- An expanded ignorelist
snip...

Yup Smiley

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
NEM minnow

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:01:52 PM

I think all the anon coins are scams.

Just the latest round after the country coins.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:09:56 PM

I think all the anon coins are scams.

Just the latest round after the country coins.

Most of them are just for laundering their scam coins they robed from the small people.

Indeed, robed coins are bad.  Like Darth Vader.  He wore a robe.

Need photoshop skills here:  Robed country coin with Fawkes mask and side chains.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:19:45 PM

blablabla

may wee ask why u fucking moron bump all dem Munero threads ?  obvious shill is obvious, ROFL.

pi** off u

~CfA~

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

blablabla

may wee ask why u fucking moron bump all dem Munero threads ?  obvious shill is obvious, ROFL.

pi** off u

~CfA~

Came-on-from-Above, take a shower.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
liquidfunds

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:15:28 AM

XMR is scam?  Are you kidding us?

Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:06:40 AM

XMR is scam?  Are you kidding us?

Trolling is a better word!

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:39:14 AM

My understanding is that it was a scam from the start. But it was soon taken over by present developers. It has not been a scam since then. It is prospering.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:49:57 PM

My understanding is that it was a scam from the start. But it was soon taken over by present developers. It has not been a scam since then. It is prospering.

While I will say I have no clue in the facts around Monero, statements like this give me zero confidence. Scam me once shame on you, scam me twice shame on me.

We inherently know nothing about the devs that support these coins or their motives. Highly unlikely any of them will stick around if they become wealthy off the early growth of a coin.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:54:19 PM

While I will say I have no clue in the facts around Monero, statements like this give me zero confidence. Scam me once shame on you, scam me twice shame on me.

We inherently know nothing about the devs that support these coins or their motives. Highly unlikely any of them will stick around if they become wealthy off the early growth of a coin.
Yes we know the devs of Monero. They are public faces. Visit #monero-dev on freenode and check out the community of developers, even bitcoin developers use this channel. Here is another good read

Why are you posting stuff you have no clue about? People like you should not be permitted to use internet.

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:35:34 PM

Unconvinced. No proof but interpretations. That much text and still just accusations of a Troll.
lakala

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:25:08 PM

LOL  Grin
Fixed a design for you

Where can I buy those t-shirts?
Don't know yet but what I DO know is that you shouldn't buy it from XMR guys... since... you know...

BitNet(VPNCOIN)第二论赠币:VikSbFcj3ogVByPajAYzvuAEoWir9shYNZ
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

Yes of course our scam is to get rich selling T shirts. Get lost troll.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: