Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:09:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unveiling the truth over the major Monero scam  (Read 69404 times)
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:15:03 AM

keep them coming you delibertely lying scumbag.

Thanks for the compliment but coming from someone who can't tell the difference between money and the bag that carries it I won't take it to heart  Wink

Don't worry. Your erstwhile guide, smooth, will be along here in a minute with one of his "nothing to see here, you're all too thick to understand math" posts.

Meanwhile, money is money and encrypted messaging systems are bookkeeping, so be careful what you ask for cos you might get it - in this case a wallet full of secret but worthless digits  Wink

Nothing is secret you fucking idiot in CN, amounts are shown on the blockchain for every TX and there can be no coins created out of thin air without everyone seeing it, unlike zerocash.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:20:59 AM

there can be no coins created out of thin air

Who cares ?  Nobody even needs to fake the supply in an electronic medium with such poor monetary properties.

- build a world financial system on the back of a principle that was invented for spies and banks . They don't need to break it to ruin it. The fact that no-one can see what address(ses) funded another is enough of a breach in publicly auditable continuity to render it useless. All anyone needs to do is plant enough turds in the punchbowl of wallets, exchanges, blockexplorers and 'viewkey' gimmickry to completely destroy confidence without even touching a line of protocol code

You think voluntary disclosure of balances does anything to address this ? You need to see the viewkey when the other guy DOESN'T want to show you it, not just when he does.

I'm sorry. Cryptonote and secrecy technologies like it were not developed to protect 'us' from governments. They were invented to protect 'governments' from us.
othe

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:26:02 AM

You repeat the same bullshit over and over and over without understanding how cryptonote works you stupid fool.

You think voluntary disclosure of balances does anything to address this ? You need to see the viewkey when the other guy DOESN'T want to show you it, not just when he does.

Why don´t you just tell us that u don´t want privacy, how hypocrite to babble such bullshit and then support sth like dash, i laughed hard.

Show me your bank account details or STFU.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:28:43 AM

My bank account does not contain money. It contains numbers which are "backed" by a trusted party and is synonymous with me as a legal entity. Thats why they are kept private - because it's a set of accounts. That kind of privacy pertains to record keeping.

If you think thats a basis for an encrypted crypto-blockchain then be my guest, but all you've got then is bookkeeping. Please refer to my answer 3 posts ago.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:30:55 AM

My bank account does not contain money. It contains numbers which are "backed" by a trusted party and is synonymous with me as a legal entity. Thats why they are kept private - because it's a set of accounts. That kind of privacy pertains to record keeping.

If you think thats a basis for an encrypted crypto-blockchain then be my guest, but all you;ve got is bookkeeping. Please refer to my answer 3 posts ago.

You missed OTHE's point...if you dont want privacy...then please show us all your bank statements or STFU.

Please keep up.  Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 11:54:04 AM

Instead of hand waving and brushing off the crypto that backs monero and who created it and what Daniel J Burnstein has stood for concerning privacy for all..I'm leaving this here...

In case any one wants to actually see the math that backs monero: http://cr.yp.to/ecdh/curve25519-20060209.pdf

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Quicken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:14:07 PM

lastly, monero was launched about 3 months after DASH yet it already has almost twice the amount of coins mined. seems like a highly inflationary ongoing instamine that gives an unfair advantage to those early miners.

my conclusion, there has never been a coin with a perfect launch including bitcoin.

There's perfect, there's scam, and everything in between. Monero is a helluva lot closer to perfect than DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin could every hope to be.

You can look on the block explorer and see the amount of coins emitted at any block. For instance, by block 20000 ( http://moneroblocks.eu/search/20000 ), mined on May 1st, the total number of emitted coins was about 350k or about 3.5% of the total coins that exist today. So, 3.5% of the coins that exist were mined during the period of the crippled miner when a few folks (such as DGA, who is not a member of the development team) were mining with optimized miners. Around May 1st the optimized miner was made public by NoodleDoodle and other members of the actual dev-team that took over the coin from TFT.

Compare that with DASH, where around 1/3 of the coins that exist today were mined in the first 48 hours or so, and I think it's pretty plain to see which coin had the more fair launch. (This is not to mention the fact that there was zero windows clients and a promise to relaunch made by the Xcoin developer, while hundreds of AWS and DO nodes mined away). 33% of available coins mined in 2 days, or 3% of available coins mined in a few weeks - I don't think it's much of a comparison.

(This is also not to mention the fact that DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin switched to a quasi-PoS system after their botched launch, allowing large holders to just sit on their coins and grow them, which is obviously not the case for Monero, which is pure PoW, where owning a chunk of coin doesn't allow one to do anything but dump it on an exchange.)

Top post jwinterm. Facts, not FUD.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:18:36 PM

lastly, monero was launched about 3 months after DASH yet it already has almost twice the amount of coins mined. seems like a highly inflationary ongoing instamine that gives an unfair advantage to those early miners.

my conclusion, there has never been a coin with a perfect launch including bitcoin.

There's perfect, there's scam, and everything in between. Monero is a helluva lot closer to perfect than DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin could every hope to be.

You can look on the block explorer and see the amount of coins emitted at any block. For instance, by block 20000 ( http://moneroblocks.eu/search/20000 ), mined on May 1st, the total number of emitted coins was about 350k or about 3.5% of the total coins that exist today. So, 3.5% of the coins that exist were mined during the period of the crippled miner when a few folks (such as DGA, who is not a member of the development team) were mining with optimized miners. Around May 1st the optimized miner was made public by NoodleDoodle and other members of the actual dev-team that took over the coin from TFT.

Compare that with DASH, where around 1/3 of the coins that exist today were mined in the first 48 hours or so, and I think it's pretty plain to see which coin had the more fair launch. (This is not to mention the fact that there was zero windows clients and a promise to relaunch made by the Xcoin developer, while hundreds of AWS and DO nodes mined away). 33% of available coins mined in 2 days, or 3% of available coins mined in a few weeks - I don't think it's much of a comparison.

(This is also not to mention the fact that DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin switched to a quasi-PoS system after their botched launch, allowing large holders to just sit on their coins and grow them, which is obviously not the case for Monero, which is pure PoW, where owning a chunk of coin doesn't allow one to do anything but dump it on an exchange.)

Thank you for digging this post up. Mastermined can now come back and try to spin things to death about the "scam" that has happened with Monero when clearly Dash is no saint and in fact likely is the equivalent of the devil's favorite demon coin with shady launches, broken PoW algorithm, rebranding to distance itself from its shady past, and the addition of quasi-PoS system etc..

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:44:55 PM

Thank you for digging this post up. Mastermined can now come back and try to spin things to death about the "scam" that has happened with Monero when clearly Dash is no saint and in fact likely is the equivalent of the devil's favorite demon coin with shady launches, broken PoW algorithm, rebranding to distance itself from its shady past, and the addition of quasi-PoS system etc..
Why you all compare monero to dash? This tread is about monero scam.
Quicken

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:49:44 PM

A lot of the anti-Monero FUD comes from DRK/DASH supporters. Also, jwinterm's post eloquently puts to the sword the idea that Monero's launch period amounted to a significant instamine. There is no monero scam.
othe

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:52:14 PM

Because this thread is done by the dashtarded scam army who have exposed multiple times of scamming and lying here, for example:

Vitalik just posted in /r/ethereum --

Guess who's now in the firing line now for being low tech'  Cheesy

(Thats what you get for calling Monero a 'real premine sacm').

Never mind. It's all in a good cause (we hope). Mudpies on stun and chickenwire at the ready.

Hey fucktard, why don´t you show the world the whole discussion? Because it doesn´t fit your fucktarded dash scam propaganda?

Or what about this one?

Dashtards, even too stupid to lie; unbelieveable....

Eat shit scumbags.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:00:18 PM

Here is some appeal to authority for why Monero is not a scam:

Tweets of support from Bitcoin core dev Peter Todd:
https://twitter.com/petertoddbtc/status/622022840330682368

Bitcoin core dev Greg Maxwell used to hang out in #monero-dev frequently on IRC, generally seems to support Cryptonote technology, and apparently offered bits of philosophy:
https://twitter.com/monerocurrency/status/484419899885101056

Bitcoin core lead maintainer Wladimir van der Laan has made a commit on Monero's main github repo (a minor one, but made a commit nonetheless):
https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commits?author=laanwj

I'm not trying to say that Bitcoin devs are infallible or anything, but just consider how many altcoins receive anything remotely resembling approval from the Bitcoin crowd, particularly the core developers (except Peter Todd, he's the Viacoin guy, right?). I just think it's worth mentioning in the context of which coins are scams and which ones are not - if you're getting commits in your github repo from the lead maintainer of Bitcoin's github repo, you're probably not dealing with a scam.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:03:01 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2015, 01:22:03 PM by toknormal

There's perfect, there's scam, and everything in between. Monero is a helluva lot closer to perfect than DASH/Darkcoin/Xcoin could every hope to be...You can look on the block explorer and see the amount of coins emitted at any block.

I suppose when you're comparing a technology thats designed to be the safe with one that's designed to be the money then that's of some small comfort.

The fact is, Monero is not "a helluva lot closer to perfect". In fact it's nowhere near it - nothing to do with launches, emission profiles, fastmines, biased mining or any other such trainspotting junk.

We can have a p*ssing contest all day long about who had the "least perfect launch". The fact is, Monero had 2 things going for it and one of them was a "clean port" of Bytecoin which, as it turned out was a rotten fish the day it hit the market since they ported the very core of the bytecoin scam into monero. They eventually got rid of it ? The words horse and stable door spring to mind.

The second 'jewel' was privacy. But privacy is not a property of money - it's a property of monetary containers. In a trustless monetary medium - such as the ones I quoted earlier e.g. gold, tea, salt, grain, coal - fungibility is what counts. Privacy only matters if you have value and value only accrues to fungible monetary media and fungibility is an inherent property of that medium, not its container.

Monero takes its privacy model from banks. A backed credit medium that doesn't have to worry about maximising trustless monetary properties. Apart from that, whatever number of PDF formulaic mumbo jumbo you like to post, the debate over this will never leave it - specially where users for whom 'privacy' is a high priority are concerned.

Thats fail #2.

So sorry if I don't take the bait -  I'd rather have the money than the safe, even at a 80% discount over Dash and despite your best efforts at a year's worth of benign name calling.

Dash is targeting fungibility directly: i.e. the inability to tell much difference between the coins at one blockchain address and another without compromising their transparency, usability or commercial compatibility with bitcoin-based services. If it succeeds in those objectives, it will be far more private than any other crypto because its privacy will actually mean something to investors.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:19:26 PM

Eat shit scumbags.

I already acknowledged your comedy talents thanks  Wink
othe

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:38:27 PM

The second 'jewel' was privacy. But privacy is not a property of money - it's a property of monetary containers. In a trustless monetary medium - such as the ones I quoted earlier e.g. gold, tea, salt, grain, coal - fungibility is what counts. Privacy only matters if you have value and value only accrues to fungible monetary media and fungibility is an inherent property of that medium, not its container.

You are good at making shit up, monetary containers...aha, it´s so secret not even google can tell us what is it
https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=%22monetary+container%22

Well according to HR foodbank it means: "Monetary Container: Place in your business where there is a lot of foot traffic."

Now that all makes sense, totally!

But hey, the bitcoin devs and the rest of the world disagrees with all the bullshit you are babbling, i leave the rest to the reader:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/6568
http://diyhpl.us/wiki/transcripts/bitcoin-adam3us-fungibility-privacy/

But yalalalalalala live your stupid little life in your stupid little made up world :-)

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:48:15 PM

But hey, the bitcoin devs and the rest of the world disagrees with all the bullshit you are babbling

It's not a bunch of 5 nerd-coders that need to be convinced. It's the 7 billion money spending users. According to all known precedent, they appear to take my side of the argument.

live your stupid little life in your stupid little made up world :-)

That was well thought out. Maybe now we're getting down to your 'real' arguments  Wink
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:50:48 PM

...to the best of my knowledge, none of the people who profited from early optimized Monero mining had anything to do with crippling the code in the first place.

Eat shit scumbags.

A coin gets launched that has your* crippled mining code in it that you've* carefully planned to give you* an advantage and then you're* not going to take that advantage when it's presented to you*? Yeah right..

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 02:53:50 PM

Why you people even argue anymore. Monero was a scam. Period.
Quicken

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:09:37 PM

Both your English language skills and logic are laughable. Keep smoking your LTC drugs.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:37:10 PM

And then they tried to accuse other cryptocurrencies of being a scam .. and it blew up in their face.
Somewhere there is a lesson to be learned for sure.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: