Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:09:35 PM

I am trying to buy some gems from Koinify ,but when i try to send btc from my multibit wallet to koinify , i am getting validation error (The address "323vjidVRfsNDFGbHWoVyN3RuXwANy7hrc" is not a valid bitcoin address.)
What wrong i am doing?

I would just log out and start again with a new address. I've had no problem from multibit to Koinify.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:16:36 PM

I am trying to buy some gems from Koinify ,but when i try to send btc from my multibit wallet to koinify , i am getting validation error (The address "323vjidVRfsNDFGbHWoVyN3RuXwANy7hrc" is not a valid bitcoin address.)
What wrong i am doing?

I would just log out and start again with a new address. I've had no problem from multibit to Koinify.

loged out got new address and got the same message
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:20:22 PM

What wrong i am doing?

loged out got new address and got the same message

weird. I would contact Koinify but also I would want to check there was nothing wrong with my Bitcoin wallet and test send a few satoshi somewhere like another multibit wallet. 
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:21:57 PM

with 10 billion coins

There are 100m not 10b

Nobody should take this guy serious, the guy has no clue what he's doing

Yes, I have no clue what's going on in crypto anymore because it has turned into a scammer zone but anyone can see what happened to coins with 100 mil market cap. Don't get upset just because you bought during ICO and I'm asking legit questions.

Go around and look at how much competition "IM" has before falling in love with a coin.  Cheesy

I bet you'll be the same guy who'll be screaming "This is for long term" when it hits 65 sat.  Cheesy

Good luck.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:22:08 PM

maybe multibit doesnt recognize it as bitcoin address ,because the address starts with a 3 and not with 1 as usual
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:26:44 PM

maybe multibit doesnt recognize it as bitcoin address ,because the address starts with a 3 and not with 1 as usual

Like i said ive sent all my btc through multibit. Zero issues. Are you closing the popup window before you send? I guess you might be setting up a new one and killing the old one. Pure conjecture, you better contact Koinify.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:32:39 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 04:45:26 PM by reRaise

with 10 billion coins

There are 100m not 10b

Yes, I have no clue what's going on in crypto anymore because it has turned into a scammer zone but anyone can see what happened to coins with 100 mil market cap. Don't get upset just because you bought during ICO and I'm asking legit questions.

Go around and look at how much competition "IM" has before falling in love with a coin.  Cheesy

Good luck.

Nobody is getting upset boo Kiss, i didn't just invest, i like gems because of its usability, it just makes sense and makes crypto much more simpler and fun. Its not all about investing for me. And regarding competition, Gems doesn't really have one if you look at it's features. No other IM can do what Gems does when it's complete.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:33:31 PM

Over 2000 transactions to the gemz presale
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:50:01 PM

with 10 billion coins

There are 100m not 10b

Good luck.

Nobody is getting upset boo Kiss, i didn't just invest, i like gems because using it just makes sense, it makes crypto much more simpler and fun. Its not all about investing for me. And regarding competition, Gems doesn't really have one if you look at it's features. No other IM can do what Gems does when it's complete. Good luck with your pay coin

I never said I don't like the idea behind it. My question was regarding price of gemz and how it would decline once trading goes live and that concern was legit not just FUD. Paycoin has been in uptrend and still has highest volume on trex.  Cheesy

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
GimmeTable

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:54:08 PM

I took part in the crowdsale. Now I have some gems in my koinify wallet, but zero gems in the getgems app wallet.

As I understand my airdrop share depends mainly upon:
1- how many users I have invited so far
2- the amount of gems already owned by me (my gems wallet - as displayed in the app)

How do I make sure that I get some credit (for buying those gems during the crowdsale) when airdrops take place ?
Do I have to send my gems from my koinify wallet to my gems address? (the one attached to my phone number?) Or is there some other way to notify the system?

If you want to receive credit on gems owned you need to send the gems to the application, since i am pretty sure it gets calculated from the gems app account.

That's my guess as well. I understand I will be able to send them from my koinify wallet once crowdsale is over? Shouldn't they put it somewhere clearly explained in the app or on the website?  Am I the only one worried to get as many gems as possible and not miss anything?

You will be able to withdraw on the 10th, they did recently made a community update on this. Also follow https://twitter.com/getgemsorg for the latest news.

https://koinify.com/blog/community-catch-up-1215-withdrawl-2fa-development-update/

Thanks!! What about the airdrop share? Having my tokens on my app is enough to get as many gems as I am entitled to?
Can I find somewhere the algorithm used for airdrop share calculation?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:59:42 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 05:09:51 PM by Netnox

I took part in the crowdsale. Now I have some gems in my koinify wallet, but zero gems in the getgems app wallet.

As I understand my airdrop share depends mainly upon:
1- how many users I have invited so far
2- the amount of gems already owned by me (my gems wallet - as displayed in the app)

How do I make sure that I get some credit (for buying those gems during the crowdsale) when airdrops take place ?
Do I have to send my gems from my koinify wallet to my gems address? (the one attached to my phone number?) Or is there some other way to notify the system?

If you want to receive credit on gems owned you need to send the gems to the application, since i am pretty sure it gets calculated from the gems app account.

That's my guess as well. I understand I will be able to send them from my koinify wallet once crowdsale is over? Shouldn't they put it somewhere clearly explained in the app or on the website?  Am I the only one worried to get as many gems as possible and not miss anything?

You will be able to withdraw on the 10th, they did recently made a community update on this. Also follow https://twitter.com/getgemsorg for the latest news.

https://koinify.com/blog/community-catch-up-1215-withdrawl-2fa-development-update/

Thanks!! What about the airdrop share? Having my tokens on my app is enough to get as many gems as I am entitled to?
Can I find somewhere the algorithm used for airdrop share calculation?

Here is what i found.

The Invitation System—Determining Who To Reward

The first part of the model is based on the invitation system. When each new Gems account is created, the new user is asked to confirm which user invited him into the network.

This process is easy because the inviter’s username is usually prefilled, since it comes attached to the invitation link for downloading the Gems app that users can share with their friends. A new user can override the invitation credit and give it to any user he wants. (See the section on presale perks to find out what happens when the new user gives no invitation credit.)

From this point on, the system remembers the original inviter for every user in the network, and every user has an original inviter. This is a key point of the model.

Counting Active Users

The next part of the model involves determining the number of active users. Since airdrops occur every day, we only consider active users during the previous twenty-four hours.

An “active user” in a given a twenty-four-hour period is defined as one who has used the Gems app in that time period and who has performed several social activities within it (such as sending an instant message, trading gems, and so on). A user is marked as either “active” or “not active.” There is no regard to the actual amount of activity. It is important to note that this part of the algorithm is a probable target of attempted fraud. The algorithm employs various techniques to filter fraudulent users and avoid “activity spam.” (See the section about avoiding fraudulent activity and spam.)

After the system determines the daily list of active users, the algorithm checks for their original inviter, and then counts the total number of active users per original inviter.

For example, let’s assume user A invited users A1, A2 and A3, and user B invited users B1, B2 and B3. During the twenty-four-hour period, users A1, A2 and B3 were determined to be active. After counting the totals, user A has a count of 2 active users and user B has a count of 1.

Factoring It All In—The Contribution Score

The final part of the model involves calculating a contribution score for every user in the network. The number of gems in the airdrop is divided between users according to their contribution score.

For example, user A has a contribution score of 20 and user B has a contribution score of 5. If we had 100 gems in the airdrop, user A would receive 80 gems and user B would receive 20 gems.

The contribution score for a user is calculated according to two complementary factors:

The total number of new, active users that the user invited during the time period. This calculation is directly related to the active-user counts (total of active users per original inviter).

The total number of gems that the user currently holds in his account. This means that users with large amount of gems will be rewarded more generously than users without gems.

Uninvited users are attributed to random presale participants

The detailed description of the daily airdrop outlines the invitation system. Every user in the network is attributed to an original inviter (the user who originally brought them into the network). Daily airdrop contributions are proportional to the number of active new users that a user has invited. This means that the more users you invite, the more gems you will receive during an airdrop.

The invitation system works by asking new users to confirm the username of their inviter when they initially create their Gems account. Many new users will arrive without invitation. If a new user learns about Gems from our official website getgems.org and then downloads the app, no original inviter will be connected with the creation of the new account.

New users who do not indicate an original inviter will automatically be assigned a random presale participant as their original inviter. This means that Gems will attribute new users to  the accounts of presale participants without them having to actually invite them. This is a substantial perk, since these attributions will continue even after the end of the presale.

Please note that the randomized process of choosing a presale participant is proportional to the original purchase amount. This means that a presale participant who purchases twice as many gems as another will receive twice as many random new-user attributions.

Daily airdrop contributions are proportional to the total amount of gems held

If you recall the specifics of the daily airdrop algorithm, the second influencing factor to the contribution score is the total number of gems a user currently holds in his account.

It is important to note that gems are intended to be used solely as an in-app cryptographic token. They are tokens representing a credit for app features and in no way, shape or form should be considered a speculative or financial vehicle. Users should not purchase gems other than with the intention to use them internally with the Gems application.
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:00:44 PM

guys, is it already possible to send someone of my friends some bitcoins?
we both have the app installed and i already have some bitcoins in my gems wallet

or is it a future feature?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:06:32 PM

guys, is it already possible to send someone of my friends some bitcoins?
we both have the app installed and i already have some bitcoins in my gems wallet

or is it a future feature?

You can send it, for example if you want to send him 0.1 btc, you type: 0.1 btc or 0.1 bitcoin then you see a miniature bitcoin logo appearing on the right side and just press it and confirm. You can leave the spaces between the digits and btc too if you want.
TomKoinify

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:26:05 PM

There is a fixed supply of 100M GEMZ, not 10B.
clochard

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:34:24 PM

As Netnox said. After confirming you only need to fill in your pin code and then it is transfered within 10 seconds.

@ Daniel Peled and/or other developers

Few more questions:

- Are you guys thinking about the possibility of sending Bitcoin to addresses outside the Gems application? Imagine I am in a shop and I want to pay something with Bitcoin, I would like to use my Gems wallet. Currently this is not possible, only if the shop in casu would have a gems account which is in your list. In that case it would be useful to integrate for example a QR scanner, like some Bitcoin mobile wallets have, so you can scan the code and immediately do the transfer.
- Will companies and organizations also get the possibility to make a 'page' on the platform, which gems users can become part of for example? This way they could freely share news and highlights, just as happens now on Facebook and Linkedin. If they want to target non-members, they will still have to pay gems for that. But I think offering an option like this is crucial if you want to compete against Facebook, Linkedin and so on.
- If you only get rewarded for bringing new 'active users' to the network, I don't think a lot of people will be rewarded at the moment. Almost all friends/acquaintances that I add now only have me in their list, since the majority of the people I know have phones running on iOS. So more than a short single conversation with me, where I send them a small Bitcoin tip to show how it works is not happening yet. Could you elaborate how this 'required activity' is calculated?

- Last but not least, a cool feature to think about can be a 'group wallet'. Inside a group, for example a group of friends, a temporary wallet can be created and as a group you can vote for the 'treasurer'. This treasurer has the responsibility of the money in that wallet and is the only one being able to spent it. Just as in the secret chat, you put a self-destruction timer on the wallet, which means that after certain hours the money you transfered to that wallet is automatically transfered back to everyone's personal wallet if it is not spent. If only half of the money is spent, than everyone receives half of its funds back and so on. If more bars and restaurants start accepting Bitcoin, this could be a perfect way of making a pot for the group, everyone transfers at the beginning of the night some Bitcoin, one is responsible and that one pays the rounds. In case of empty battery, the group can vote for a new treasurer. At the end of the night the amount that is left, is divided back over the participants and the wallet gets automatically eliminated.

Just some random ideas Smiley

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:43:33 PM

From this article http://www.coindesk.com/19-crypto-2-0-projects-watch-2015

Decentralised social messenger Gems became one of the most buzzed-about bitcoin startups of 2014, raising more than $500,000 in its ongoing crowdsale.
In 2015, Gems will seek to deliver to those who backed the project by buying its native token, introducing a wallet and token system in March, an Android app in June and an advertising platform in September as it seeks to introduce new users to bitcoin.
clochard

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:56:37 PM

Yeah, well that news is rather outdated. The Android App of June is already there, same goes for the wallet, while the iOS App is not available yet Smiley

So if someone could shine his light on this that would be great.
qqlarsqq

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:33:15 PM

Okay, so far I perfectly understood that uninvited Users will be tracked and randomly associated to presale Investors. But how does the system know who is a presale Investor yet, since at the Moment koinify and the App are Not connected as stated several times in this Forum.

I invested but i could also just read this Forum and Download the App without Any purchase.
clochard

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:40:42 PM

That is an interesting question. I suppose that at the moment that you transfer your coins from Koinify to your Gems wallet, this will be automatically tracked and the Gems you receive at that moment in your wallet will be taken into consideration for the airdrops over the period you did not have the Gems in your wallet yet.

Another interesting point is: what if 3 persons bought Gems in the presale with one account? Is it possible to split the amount of Gems on Koinify into 3 chunks and transfer them to different Gems users?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:41:40 PM

Few more questions:
- Are you guys thinking about the possibility of sending Bitcoin to addresses outside the Gems application? Imagine I am in a shop and I want to pay something with Bitcoin, I would like to use my Gems wallet. Currently this is not possible, only if the shop in casu would have a gems account which is in your list. In that case it would be useful to integrate for example a QR scanner, like some Bitcoin mobile wallets have, so you can scan the code and immediately do the transfer.

This is the most important I think.
I like the other suggestions.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: