Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:39:56 PM

Ok so far you can send btc/gemz to any contact in the GetGems app, even if you don't have their phone number and just their username. Although someone said he can't send gemz to anyone but only to some, in the sense that the arrow doesn't turn into a gem.

In groupchat when you type 1 gemz, the red arrow turns into gems and when you click on it, it just sends the message, so it won't ask you if you want to confirm a transaction, i guess this is because sending btc/gemz is not possible in groupchats, although the arrow does turn into gems/btc when you type 1 gemz or 1 btc. So would be cool if you would be able to make transactions in group chat aswell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:46:07 PM

what do you think about this http://www.telebit.org/ ?
could it be a threat for getgems?

No, I don't think so. Well not yet anyway.

Looks too boring and complicated. I don't think there is any competitor to getgems at the moment.

I'm sure there is going to be a ton of Bitcoin messenger wallets jumping on this bandwagon. What separates Gems from the crowd is the adverting model. Imagine FB paid people every year base don how much they used it, imagine how happy people would be to recieve 10-50$ a year for using FB. This is before any money made from accumulating GEMS of course.

+1 on it looking boring and not user friendly.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:47:47 PM

For all the negativity Cryptsy gets, it's had no major hacking and is one of the only exchanges I know that is actually regulated and has a real persons name on the company, not some anonomous Chinese teenager.

Bittrex is another scam waiting to happen. Cryptsy is a far better fit. But generally I would say the more the merrier, more exchnages mean the risk to one coin is spread out.

Staggering ignorance here. I hope you are an outlier and not an example of a typical GEMZ investor.

Around here we like to argue on actual facts not personal attacks. While I admit I have had very little personal experience with Bittrex I have constantly seen its name attached to scams on this forum, I wasn't aware it had real names attached to it so that gives me more trust for the same reason I can trust Cryptsy a bit more than the average exchange. Cryptsy I have lots of experience is probably the most established exchange which has seen almost all its peers collapse over the last couple of years. Bittrex is whether you like it or not relatively a new kid on the block.

I'm guessing I own more coins than you yes. Main reason being I wouldn't touch any of the scammy pump and dumps that are on your posts. You're from Bittrex right?

Bittrex has been around for a year yes. You opened with personal attacks on Bittrex, then admitted you knew nothing. So, you blindly attacked, without knowing any facts. This makes your first sentence above ironic. I could care less how many coins you have or what your personal opinion is of anything on my posting history. Stick to the facts. Try not to reflect the GEMZ project in such a poor light.

Ding Ding round 1  Grin  Sorry boys just a bit bored while waiting for iOS.  Wink

I kind of felt he knocked himself out honestly.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:53:24 PM

Looks too boring and complicated. I don't think there is any competitor to getgems at the moment.

Telebit is a cool project.
[Note that its only a Telegram bot, there is a security risk because users don't hold the private key to their wallet].

I know nothing but the fact they are giving away Bitcoins and they hold users private keys then surely its a theft waiting to happen?
reRaise

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:55:48 PM

I'm sure there is going to be a ton of Bitcoin messenger wallets jumping on this bandwagon. What separates Gems from the crowd is the adverting model. Imagine FB paid people every year base don how much they used it, imagine how happy people would be to recieve 10-50$ a year for using FB. This is before any money made from accumulating GEMS of course.

Thats pretty sick if you think about that, or imagine whatsapps message upon install instead of saying to pay $1 yearly it would say get paid $10+ yearly. I actually believe you can earn much more than $10 yearly, much much more, imagine you are a hot chick or celebrity and get paid through unsolicitate messaging/ operating in the network/ inviting people etc.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:07:10 PM

Thats pretty sick if you think about that, or imagine whatsapps message upon install instead of saying to pay $1 yearly it would say get paid $10+ yearly. I actually believe you can earn much more than $10 yearly, much much more, imagine you are a hot chick or celebrity and get paid through unsolicitate messaging/ operating in the network/ inviting people etc.

Then you build into the app a GEMS/Bitcoin market and you've created an economy!

http://www.kakao.com/

I like the kakaotalk model personally. Call me negative but I kind of wish we weren't built upon Telegram and had our own unique code, wondering if it will be tough to build a brand ontop of another app code?  maybe people were too short term in their thinking maybe to jump onto Telegram rather than wait for Android? Thats not directed at the team more the pressure that was put on them from us the community.
reRaise

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:17:58 PM

Then you build into the app a GEMS/Bitcoin market and you've created an economy!

http://www.kakao.com/

I like the kakaotalk model personally. Call me negative but I kind of wish we weren't built upon Telegram and had our own unique code, wondering if it will be tough to build a brand ontop of another app code?  maybe people were too short term in their thinking maybe to jump onto Telegram rather than wait for Android? Thats not directed at the team more the pressure that was put on them from us the community.

Well maybe they can opt out at a later stage when iOS has been released or something, i would also rather have them to be their own brand.
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:06:29 PM

So I had some gemz on BTER and atm I'm counting them as lost, how will this affect the project?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:56:07 PM

So I had some gemz on BTER and atm I'm counting them as lost, how will this affect the project?

I did too. It won't affect anything even if BTER can't return them. BTER has said it will give access to wallets at some point, I think it was mainly BTC that was taken anyway. Even if the did take them the Vol on BTER couldn't of been that big anyway.
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:36:07 PM

I did too. It won't affect anything even if BTER can't return them. BTER has said it will give access to wallets at some point, I think it was mainly BTC that was taken anyway. Even if the did take them the Vol on BTER couldn't of been that big anyway.
ok cool, I didn't have much but it would be nice to get them back
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:11:10 PM

I think I just made a huge fuck up. I sent 5,000 GEMZ to 1FUWt93FcNtWv2sqhGVK81QVgaGgPUaYis thinking it was my address. I have very little experience with counterwallet. I don't understand why it would show that address when I clcik on GEMZ > Show Info. Please tell me these are not lost forever.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:14:00 PM

I think I just made a huge fuck up. I sent 5,000 GEMZ to 1FUWt93FcNtWv2sqhGVK81QVgaGgPUaYis thinking it was my address. I have very little experience with counterwallet. I don't understand why it would show that address when I clcik on GEMZ > Show Info. Please tell me these are not lost forever.

Looks like the address of the creator.. so you should be able to get those back.

How do I go about doing that? I really appreciate any help.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:20:42 PM

Looks like the address of the creator.. so you should be able to get those back.

Open your GetGems app, search contact Peled1985 and ask him would be easiest I think.. or IM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=172116

I will do both. TY so much.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:34:52 PM

Open your GetGems app, search contact Peled1985 and ask him would be easiest I think.. or IM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=172116

It seems that user deleted his posts. I cnat login to the GetGems app. This is the first time I've tried after about 3 updates. I keep getting a huge error message. I also don't understand why it is asking me to choose a pin when I already have one. Any help?
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:50:09 PM

It seems that user deleted his posts. I cnat login to the GetGems app. This is the first time I've tried after about 3 updates. I keep getting a huge error message. I also don't understand why it is asking me to choose a pin when I already have one. Any help?

Just use the same as before and it will reinitiate your account, if you get an error - file a bug report https://docs.google.com/forms/d/194RVBbsvQwwvHAS0UKVaRZYkI0iu5DksMjvWMoxR0XM/viewform?c=0&w=1

If I am not mistaken you should be on GetGems v2.1.10 (413) - You can find your version under Menu, Settings then it shows all the way at the bottom.

The only place to check the version is at Google Play. It is 2.1.10 but there is no (413).
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:00:21 PM

Just use the same as before and it will reinitiate your account, if you get an error - file a bug report https://docs.google.com/forms/d/194RVBbsvQwwvHAS0UKVaRZYkI0iu5DksMjvWMoxR0XM/viewform?c=0&w=1

If I am not mistaken you should be on GetGems v2.1.10 (413) - You can find your version under Menu, Settings then it shows all the way at the bottom.

The only place to check the version is at Google Play. It is 2.1.10 but there is no (413).

Are you able to open the GetGems app on your phone? If you are then you have your menu in the top left corner, at the bottom of the menu you see "SETTINGS", in settings scroll all the way down and you'll see the complete version indication. If you are not able to open the GetGems app.. file a bug report through the link in my earlier post.

I wasn't able to before that's why I was confused at what what yopu were suggesting. I'm in now and I messaged Peled1985 and PM'd him on BCT. Ty. Ill wait to hear back with hopefully good news.
bitcoinnoisseur

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:08:16 PM

I made a dumb noob mistake although I've been in crytpto for 1 1/2 years now and sent my Gemz to the wrong address. This was the first time I had "lost" any coin and I've held and traded many dozens. I contacted Daniel aka Peled1985 on GetGetms and he replied within 10 mins. After I explained to him what I had done he assured me he would send the 5,000 Gemz back to Poloniex or to my GetGems wallet whichever I preferred. Within 3 minutes he sent me the link to the Tx on blockchain.info. I know have those 5,000 Gemz back in my account. I'm still a little shocked at how quick and efficient Daniel was in helping me. He is an honest, trustworthy man and a true example of what the crypto world needs many, many more of. He is truly dedicated to Gemz and is willing to go out of his way to help anyone along the way. This was my first encounter with Daniel and thus my first impression was outstanding and it will go a long, long way with me. I will be introducing many friends and acquaintances to Gemz and assuring them of the legitimacy and the friendliness of the community. I am obviously not some big player in Gemz nor the crypto world but Daniel treated me as such. That should speak volumes to many that have been lied to and scammed by so many nefarious characters recently. We are all in this together and there is no better way to make this all succeed than by making friends and relationships be it personal or business and keeping them strong.  
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 09:41:40 AM

^ Nice to hear he fixed it for you.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:56:04 AM

I hope we get another dev update this weekend. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
BotwinBG

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:00:30 PM

Yet again - I got some gemz on koinify at the presale. Is there any way to transfer that to the app? Were there any rewards for taking a chance and buying early and if so, how can I tell the app I was an early bird?

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: