Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597134 times)
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:14:00 PM

Is there Windows wallet available?
Or just ios/android???

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:53:28 PM

Is there Windows wallet available?
Or just ios/android???

Q: Any plans to create a Windows Phone version?

A: It’s all a matter of numbers and market share. Windows Phone actually declined in market share in 2014. It dropped from about 3.3% to below 3%. Until Windows Phone has a market share of 5%-10%, it will not become a priority in the project. The current app priority list is as follows: (1) Android, (2) iOS, (3) Web/desktop, (4) Windows Phone. Even after our team completes all milestones, we will probably find it more beneficial for the project to invest in improving Android+iOS rather than add a platform with such a small market share.
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:25:44 PM

I mean desktop Windows  Tongue

Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:48:17 PM

Q: Are you planning to have a desktop client?

A: We are considering a desktop/web client. We have not yet decided though on the exact security policy that will be enforced on desktop since desktop apps are naturally less secure than mobile apps (a mobile phone is always in your pocket and can be immediately identified using an SMS). There’s a good chance we will require users to confirm their identity via SMS every time they start a new session. In addition, there’s good chance we will decide that passphrases will not be encrypted locally using a PIN in a desktop app, and instead will have to be typed every time the user wants to send BTC/GEMZ.

I believe there is also a Counterwallet going to be available for desktop which is compatible with gemz.
ik_do

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 02:51:51 PM

A: We are considering a desktop/web client. We have not yet decided though on the exact security policy that will be enforced on desktop since desktop apps are naturally less secure than mobile apps (a mobile phone is always in your pocket and can be immediately identified using an SMS). There’s a good chance we will require users to confirm their identity via SMS every time they start a new session. In addition, there’s good chance we will decide that passphrases will not be encrypted locally using a PIN in a desktop app, and instead will have to be typed every time the user wants to send BTC/GEMZ.

I believe there is also a Counterwallet going to be available for desktop which is compatible with gemz.

Desktop wallet should be high on priority so it is a platform agnostic service and not tied in particular to mobile/desktop. This is how services should be in 2015.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:09:18 PM

I mean desktop Windows  Tongue

Desktop wallet should be high on priority so it is a platform agnostic service and not tied in particular to mobile/desktop. This is how services should be in 2015.

You must mean a web wallet cause Desktop wallets are about as far away from platform agnostic as you can get.

ik_do

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:30:29 PM

You must mean a web wallet cause Desktop wallets are about as far away from platform agnostic as you can get.

I mean Desktop Wallet as in the chat feature and money sending/receiving feature being available via desktop, this could be achieved with an API key or something similar.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 04:55:50 PM

I mean Desktop Wallet as in the chat feature and money sending/receiving feature being available via desktop, this could be achieved with an API key or something similar.

They are considering it, it's the web/desktop wallet https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg10386141#msg10386141
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:13:32 PM

Where is that dev update?

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:34:27 PM

Where is that dev update?
Should be this weekend indeed.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:25:42 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 03:43:55 PM by reRaise

Couple features which should be added.

- When adding Bits, add to settings the option for users to choose between BTC and Bits units.

- Make it possible to send BTC/GEMZ in group chat to a specific person.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:10:01 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 09:43:27 PM by peled1986

GetGems developer update - android build 2.1.7(410)

1. Our major concern during the last two weeks is improving Counterparty stability. We currently rely on Counterparty servers in order to perform tasks like opening a new wallet, sending coins, etc. The Counterparty dev team updates their servers and API very frequently and these changes aren't always backwards compatible. Then we suddenly find ourselves with broken API and rushing to publish fixes because important features suddenly stop working. Our plan of action is to launch a cluster of our own XCP nodes (they are open-source after all) and rely on them instead. This way, we will control the rate of updates and can make any updates to our client before the servers change. We have successfully set up a staging environment for this and will soon after some QA deploy it to production as well.

2. We finished development for unsolicited user support - meaning the ability to search the global user database of GetGems users according to their GetGems username and start a conversation with them without knowing their phone number. [In the future, our model dictates that sending unsolicited messages to users who don’t necessarily want to receive them, will cost GEMZ (this is part of the attention economy model)].

3. We are thinking of ways to increase our user base and make the GetGems app more viral. The first method we're working on is handling sending of coins (GEMZ/BTC) to contacts who don't have the GetGems app (they are using a regular Telegram client). These users will receive a Telegram message saying that their contact is trying to send coins and they have to download the app in order to collect them (download link added). This feature is currently in QA.

4. Another very exciting feature we're working on is integration with an amazing 3rd party sticker provider. This opt out feature will display context-aware stickers during chat (even animated GIFs) which makes chatting through GetGems much more visual and fun. When these special chat messages are sent to users who don't have a supporting client (like the GetGems client), they'll receive a message urging them to download the GetGems app in order to see the content of the message. We are currently in the middle of the integration phase which we expect to be finished within less than week.

5. We currently allow several GetGems accounts to be opened on the same phone number (useful in case somebody loses the passphrase and has to open a new account). This behavior causes an inconsistency when sending coins to users by text message, in case the receiving user has opened several different accounts (wallets) on the same phone number - which wallet should receive the coins? We altered the current behavior to send the coins to the latest account but this fix is temporary. We're working on a more robust solution where the receiving user will provide the sending user with the current wallet that is in use by their app.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 04:37:28 PM

Thx for the update Daniel *thumbs up*
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:10:11 PM

Thx for the update Daniel *thumbs up*

Thanks for the update Daniel, progressing slowly but surely!

Hiring the right developers takes time (and after you find them, they usually need to give 30 days notice at their current job) - development will only go faster and faster we can promise you that!
reRaise

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:50:26 PM

TIL what QA means, quality assurance.

We are currently in the middle of the integration phase which we expect to be finished within less than week.

Is this with integrated messaging to Telegram users to download the app when you send them BTC/GEMZ and stickers/animated gifs? Will the latter also be implemented? So we should expect a new update pretty soon i guess. Thanks for communicating and updates, i see myself being part of a Getgems early access with things slowly evolving to a killer app.

On a side note i posted 2 features to consider https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg10395528#msg10395528
ik_do

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:50:44 PM

Gems developer update - android build 2.1.7(410)

1. Our major concern during the last two weeks is improving Counterparty stability. We currently rely on Counterparty servers in order to perform tasks like opening a new wallet, sending coins, etc. The Counterparty dev team updates their servers and API very frequently and these changes aren't always backwards compatible. Then we suddenly find ourselves with broken API and rushing to publish fixes because important features suddenly stop working. Our plan of action is to launch a cluster of our own XCP nodes (they are open-source after all) and rely on them instead. This way, we will control the rate of updates and can make any updates to our client before the servers change. We have successfully set up a staging environment for this and will soon after some QA deploy it to production as well.

2. We finished development for unsolicited user support - meaning the ability to search the global user database of GetGems users according to their GetGems username and start a conversation with them without knowing their phone number. [In the future, our model dictates that sending unsolicited messages to users who don’t necessarily want to receive them, will cost GEMZ (this is part of the attention economy model)].

3. We are thinking of ways to increase our user base and make the GetGems app more viral. The first method we're working on is handling sending of coins (GEMZ/BTC) to contacts who don't have the GetGems app (they are using a regular Telegram client). These users will receive a Telegram message saying that their contact is trying to send coins and they have to download the app in order to collect them (download link added). This feature is currently in QA.

4. Another very exciting feature we're working on is integration with an amazing 3rd party sticker provider. This opt out feature will display context-aware stickers during chat (even animated GIFs) which makes chatting through GetGems much more visual and fun. When these special chat messages are sent to users who don't have a supporting client (like the GetGems client), they'll receive a message urging them to download the GetGems app in order to see the content of the message. We are currently in the middle of the integration phase which we expect to be finished within less than week.

5. We currently allow several GetGems accounts to be opened on the same phone number (useful in case somebody loses the passphrase and has to open a new account). This behavior causes an inconsistency when sending coins to users by text message, in case the receiving user has opened several different accounts (wallets) on the same phone number - which wallet should receive the coins? We altered the current behavior to send the coins to the latest account but this fix is temporary. We're working on a more robust solution where the receiving user will provide the sending user with the current wallet that is in use by their app.

If Gemz supported GIFs without the need for any extra plugin etc it would easily beat most of what is in the market today.

I would also like to see embedded YouTube videos (or thumbnail/title display of youtube video that is linked).
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:16:03 PM

I hope any viral push to get more users doesn't 'push' people to download too much. There is a fine line between invited to something that is related to what you are trying to do and you actually want it and semi pressured into which is common these days but turns me personally off a product even if it might be good.

Viral to me is more about creating buzz and getting the word out and then people voluntarily seeking it out, which this app naturally has in spades due to people receiving GEMS basically for free.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:37:51 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 08:01:15 PM by Netnox

I hope any viral push to get more users doesn't 'push' people to download too much. There is a fine line between invited to something that is related to what you are trying to do and you actually want it and semi pressured into which is common these days but turns me personally off a product even if it might be good.

Viral to me is more about creating buzz and getting the word out and then people voluntarily seeking it out, which this app naturally has in spades due to people receiving GEMS basically for free.

And I would suggest waiting with any push or additional promotion until its functional on both platforms.. half of my contact have iOS, any promo will fall on deaf ears and chances are most people will only look at it once.. If it doesn't work the first time around for both it will seriously delay adoptation because users will have to do everything twice, some probably won't even give it a second chance.  

Agreed, with the addition of the airdrop and iOS the app will pretty much be set for legit introduction, for this the inviting by link with your username pre filled should be implemented.

Thanks Daniel.
xrobesx

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:50:03 PM

Thanks Daniel for the Development update. Keep up the great work.

Also, thanks Netnox for always answering people's questions, that had been answered previously.
reRaise

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:24:29 PM

I downloaded the app but I have no contacts  Angry

How do I search for contacts?
Feel free to add me. I'm ezetler

Just added you, global search now works flawlessly.

My username is sasan, anyone can add me.
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: