Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:27:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:38:49 PM

Im pretty confident in the design. It was the pro design of the app and everything inc videos etc. That made me invest so much as well as the concept. I actually prefer the stuff that was original gems stuff before it hooked up with Telegram.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:39:43 PM

And of course, Getgems offers what facebook NEVER can, decentralization.  Users rewarded to grow the network and get paid by advertisers.  This is why Getgems is the best there is out there. 

The only question is is the public smart enough to realize that or will the sheep continue to let facebook reap the rewards??

Im afraid most wont care and actually many would prefer centralised as they percieve it to be more safe. Its important to know what the marketing hook is for gems. Personally i think the bitcoin element needs to be played down and the privacy and profit share needs to be pushed. Wiper i noticed has a healthy amount of users after one year and all they did was make privacy a selling point but even great bitcoin wallets have very low download counts. I dont like the idea of deception but gems hopefully is giving crypto to people that never asked for it. Also some love the idea of being against the big guys. Pr needs to push gems as the little guy pushing back I think.....which it is.

Certainly agree with this and if you listen to Daniels podcasts he focusses more on the advertisement and reward model which is a good thing,  if you are trying to explain it to die hard bitcoin fans then you can't forget the bitcoin aspect, but i agree that the focus should be on getgems biggest innovation which is its attention economy model and reward system.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:53:23 PM

The latest update shows the push to just get the app into peoples hands i think. That the tough part cause once people actually start using crypto a light turns on and many are hooked. I remember when i first used FB which was when it was still pretty unknown. It kind of captures you with a simple email which wasnt that common back then as many sites are today. So you kind of fall into it and never manage to crawl out. I hope gems will be the same a kind of gateway drug to bitcoin. Cheesy  the addiction is gonna be seeing your coins add up as you use it and hopefully the value of the coins also increase. Once some kid sees his app made him 1000 bucks (early users) then you got them for life i recon.  Grin

Many have asked for a buy gems function which is great but many new to crypto users will be thinking how ti tirn gems to fiat or bitcoin so they can easily buy stuff with their gems.

*Typing on a phone
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:26:25 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 01:37:56 PM by Netnox

The latest update shows the push to just get the app into peoples hands i think. That the tough part cause once people actually start using crypto a light turns on and many are hooked. I remember when i first used FB which was when it was still pretty unknown. It kind of captures you with a simple email which wasnt that common back then as many sites are today. So you kind of fall into it and never manage to crawl out. I hope gems will be the same a kind of gateway drug to bitcoin. Cheesy  the addiction is gonna be seeing your coins add up as you use it and hopefully the value of the coins also increase. Once some kid sees his app made him 1000 bucks (early users) then you got them for life i recon.  Grin

Many have asked for a buy gems function which is great but many new to crypto users will be thinking how ti tirn gems to fiat or bitcoin so they can easily buy stuff with their gems.

*Typing on a phone

Is there a new update? What do you mean by push to get the app in people hands?

Maybe an option like shapeshift how it immediately converts cryptos, but it has a limit in how much you can convert, market with lower volume have lower limit, maybe there are other ways. But i think looking for regulatory aspects is more important, implementing such feature is manageable , if gems does it that it will be freaking boss.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 01:32:12 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 01:43:18 PM by yoyoamigo

Read this everyone. All about attention-economy.
GetGems is to Whatsapp, Synereo is to Facebook?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113724/synereo-attention-economy-and-distributed-cloud-to-deliver-next-generation-social-networks

their crowdsale is about to start soon. GetGems' crowdsale ended last year. Although Synereo isn't competing with GetGems, this piece of news just made me happier that i have chosen to invest into GetGems last year. So far, there isn't any other IM app that has to do with attention-economy. GetGems was the 1st and it seems it is still the only one.  Grin even if Synereo is indirectly competing with GetGems on certain aspects [just saying in case], the GetGems Team are already busy working on it while Synereo has yet to start their crowdsale.

Now...aren't we all glad that GetGems was already on to this early on? YES!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:14:07 PM

*Typing on a phone

Is there a new update? What do you mean by push to get the app in people hands?

Maybe an option like shapeshift how it immediately converts cryptos, but it has a limit in how much you can convert, market with lower volume have lower limit, maybe there are other ways. But i think looking for regulatory aspects is more important, implementing such feature is manageable , if gems does it that it will be freaking boss.

I mean the various ways to help the app go viral like the url link and ability to invite all contacts easily.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:17:03 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113724/synereo-attention-economy-and-distributed-cloud-to-deliver-next-generation-social-networks

their crowdsale is about to start soon. GetGems' crowdsale ended last year. Although Synereo isn't competing with GetGems, this piece of news just made me happier that i have chosen to invest into GetGems last year. So far, there isn't any other IM app that has to do with attention-economy. GetGems was the 1st and it seems it is still the only one.  Grin even if Synereo is indirectly competing with GetGems on certain aspects [just saying in case], the GetGems Team are already busy working on it while Synereo has yet to start their crowdsale.

I can't believe they didnt just lift their ideas off Getgems. Bitcoin publications need to use a bit more discernment when posting the blurb of a coin, a bit of journalist questioning of a story wouldnt be a bad idea either.
Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 03:49:30 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 04:44:19 PM by Elokane

Hello everyone,

My name is Dor and I am Synereo's founder and CEO.
Daniel and I have known each other for over a year and have known about each other's projects before they were even introduced to the public!
We're friends from the local Tel Aviv Bitcoin community and have collaborated on other projects before.

Daniel was at my house when I first introduced Synereo to my close friends from our community. I am the one who wrote the main text in the first post of this very thread.
"The beauty of recent developments based on the innovative Bitcoin technology is that they allow the public to claim control over previously centralized endeavours... "
Daniel first heard about the concept of "attention economy" from me, when describing Synereo. Smiley

We've been helping each other all throughout these past few months. Worry not! This space is large enough for all of us to grow our projects and user bases in.

I invite you all to look into what we're building and see where our project differs from GEMS'. You'll see that we have a lot in common in spirit, but we are doing something very, very different.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827782.msg9249243

Saludos de Tel Aviv

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:57:09 PM

That explains the language similarity then, ok cool.

With all due respect its not completetly different though. I kind of hoped Gems could morph into something like a FB site in time and even search cause I thought if you expand the Gems model out you basically can cut out the middlemen including the government between us the consumers and the advertisers etc Its good if you both can promote each other though, if one wins both win.  
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:18:31 PM

I can't believe they didnt just lift their ideas off Getgems. Bitcoin publications need to use a bit more discernment when posting the blurb of a coin, a bit of journalist questioning of a story wouldnt be a bad idea either.

After a quick glance, it looked to me like they decided that the attention-economy model would make a great fit for their "SpecialK" platform and clapped it on. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and all that. If it's any consolation, those guys at least bring something to the table to make their Synero a little more than a knockoff clone.

GEMZ has already been featured in CoinTelegraph, and is already known as the attention-economy alt. When you think about it, Synero using "attention economy" is a boon for GEMZ. Almost everyone who's heard the phrase heard it in connection with GEMZ; we have the first-mover advantage publicity-wise. So it's a good bet that Synero's publicity drive will rub off on GEMZ. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 04:37:01 PM

After a quick glance, it looked to me like they decided that the attention-economy model would make a great fit for their "SpecialK" platform and clapped it on. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and all that. If it's any consolation, those guys at least bring something to the table to make their Synero a little more than a knockoff clone.

GEMZ has already been featured in CoinTelegraph, and is already known as the attention-economy alt. When you think about it, Synero using "attention economy" is a boon for GEMZ. Almost everyone who's heard the phrase heard it in connection with GEMZ; we have the first-mover advantage publicity-wise. So it's a good bet that Synero's publicity drive will rub off on GEMZ. Smiley

Look up. Grin
Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 04:49:56 PM

Here's some more material about Synereo's attention model and network dynamics:

Slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12wZfRyF9XBMrc1ripXGfyNXCnO_MD7f2-Gc8AIa-v8o/pub?start=false&loop=false&slide=id.g4ecec4c43_30
Whitepaper, relevance and importance of the attention economy ("Social agency and the attention economy" section): http://www.synereo.com/whitepapers/synereo.pdf#subsection.1.2.1
Whitepaper, formulation of our model: http://www.synereo.com/whitepapers/synereo.pdf#subsection.2.2.1

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:48:54 PM

-When you click in the App on ‘send money’, only a Gems icon appears. When I click on the Gems icon, I can send Gems, but no Bitcoin. It would be nice if there would both the option ‘send Gems’, as well as ‘Send Bitcoin’.

- Tapping on the GEMZ amount changes to BTC

- left swipe on the GEMZ amount changes between GEMZ and dollars

- left swipe on the BTC amount changes between BTC and dollars

We will add small arrows explaining this better.

Where do you get the price quotes from ?

The price quotes are from coinmarketcap and bitcoin average
chrislen

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:05:15 AM

why can't I find some users from the search?
also, when I click on some users I found from the search, it does nothing, just reverts back and the right part of the chat screen turns black?
yoyoamigo

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 01:03:57 AM

Hello everyone,

My name is Dor and I am Synereo's founder and CEO.
Daniel and I have known each other for over a year and have known about each other's projects before they were even introduced to the public!
We're friends from the local Tel Aviv Bitcoin community and have collaborated on other projects before.

Daniel was at my house when I first introduced Synereo to my close friends from our community. I am the one who wrote the main text in the first post of this very thread.
"The beauty of recent developments based on the innovative Bitcoin technology is that they allow the public to claim control over previously centralized endeavours... "
Daniel first heard about the concept of "attention economy" from me, when describing Synereo. Smiley

We've been helping each other all throughout these past few months. Worry not! This space is large enough for all of us to grow our projects and user bases in.

I invite you all to look into what we're building and see where our project differs from GEMS'. You'll see that we have a lot in common in spirit, but we are doing something very, very different.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=827782.msg9249243

Saludos de Tel Aviv

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Taking the world by STORM! Looking forward to the crowdsale  Grin

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:52:17 AM

When the advertisement model goes live, then getgems is the first ever messaging app with this kind of model right? Wouldn't this be huge in the IM world?
yoyoamigo

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:09:54 PM

When the advertisement model goes live, then getgems is the first ever messaging app with this kind of model right? Wouldn't this be huge in the IM world?

i strongly believed so. majority of the people now are using Whatsapp. AND...its not free. it may be very cheap because it costs $X.xx/year for their service. But once iOS and airdrop launches, GetGems moves into the Invitation Scene.

just tell your family, friends and collegues "Hey, you are still using whatsapp? i just uninstalled it. Reality Check - you are paying to IM while i am getting paid to IM."

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:14:58 PM

i strongly believed so. majority of the people now are using Whatsapp. AND...its not free. it may be very cheap because it costs $X.xx/year for their service. But once iOS and airdrop launches, GetGems moves into the Invitation Scene.

just tell your family, friends and collegues "Hey, you are still using whatsapp? i just uninstalled it. Reality Check - you are paying to IM while i am getting paid to IM."

I dont pay to use whatsapp tho, haven't been notified regarding that? hmm i believe after a year i need to pay. Thats why getgems needs to market this big, because its the first in doing such revolutionary thing. Have you seen the advertising model options? its pretty amazing and they might even add more options along the way.
yoyoamigo

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 01:46:19 PM

I dont pay to use whatsapp tho, haven't been notified regarding that? hmm i believe after a year i need to pay. Thats why getgems needs to market this big, because its the first in doing such revolutionary thing. Have you seen the advertising model options? its pretty amazing and they might even add more options along the way.

according to whatsapp's website, its $0.99 usd/year. people wouldn't mind paying since its dirt cheap for a year's use [and using it everyday]. in some countries or telecomm companies, it might by bundled together with their subscription plans. therefore, making it less noticeable as a Pay-to-use App. Whatsapp isn't a pay-once-to-use btw.

Yea...getgems needs to market it big. might be a good idea to market it on Youtube videos? advertising through TVs is expensive and difficult to reach out to people in all countries. marketing it on the internet where crazy high traffic can be found like Youtube might be worth considering. but i think a more interesting and engaging ad will be needed. one that will cause people to click on the ad instead of skipping it.

I am usually an anti-ad viewer whenever i watch youtube videos. But for the past 1-2 years, ads have become increasingly interesting to the point where by some are so good at catching one's attention within the 1st few seconds and there is a "Gripping Moment" when you just simply have to check out what is the ad about.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:26:55 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 12:55:37 AM by nextgencoin

according to whatsapp's website, its $0.99 usd/year. people wouldn't mind paying since its dirt cheap for a year's use [and using it everyday]. in some countries or telecomm companies, it might by bundled together with their subscription plans. therefore, making it less noticeable as a Pay-to-use App. Whatsapp isn't a pay-once-to-use btw.

Yea...getgems needs to market it big. might be a good idea to market it on Youtube videos? advertising through TVs is expensive and difficult to reach out to people in all countries. marketing it on the internet where crazy high traffic can be found like Youtube might be worth considering. but i think a more interesting and engaging ad will be needed. one that will cause people to click on the ad instead of skipping it.

I am usually an anti-ad viewer whenever i watch youtube videos. But for the past 1-2 years, ads have become increasingly interesting to the point where by some are so good at catching one's attention within the 1st few seconds and there is a "Gripping Moment" when you just simply have to check out what is the ad about.

I've never downloaded an app due to an advert and to be honest there aren't many adverts of apps apart from the annoying ones you get on games etc. Most apps become viral by simple word of mouth and communication generally over the Internet. Gems has a great story ie an app that pays the user, it's simple and interesting hook which I hope the marketing team in Getgems makes full use of.  Trying to push a cryptocurrency app will get nowhere. So all you need then is to get that simple story out to online news, blogs etc. Plus you got to get out of the Bitcoin Gulag and into more mainstream news sources even if they are just tech based sites like Wired etc. Plus you got to have some focus on China/Asia not just the West.

My belief is if we can tip the balance to 50,000 users this app will go viral in less than a year.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: