Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:56:58 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 08:08:33 PM by reRaise

So does anybody have any insight into the apple app approval process?  I have read it takes them on average 6 days to review new apps (as opposed to google takes on average 2 hours!)  Now getgems might be different because it involves money and I think anything bitcoin seems to be heavily scrutinized by apple.  
Yes, a person looks at it.
A play store submission only goes through automated verification of API usage, virus checking, etc.
All apple app submissions are manually reviewed. That's why it takes longer. This is for ALL apps. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is a bit coin app.
True but the fact is Apple has had a stormy relationship with Bitcoin apps, at one time banning outright. GetGems not only is a Bitcoin wallet but it's actually a crypto and payment system within the app and with Apple and major players all trying to dominate this space of payments I doubt GetGems will pass through the review system quite as smoothly as Angry Birds 8.
Can't iOS just be a download link on the Getgems website anyway?
There are some bitcoin related apps available for iOS so GetGems should be fine.
I hope as well but for the reasons I mentioned if we don't hear anything in a few days I might start to get concerned.

Has getgems been approved by apple?
Not yet......and its killing me!

We are happy to report that the iOS app has been approved  Smiley  [it hasn't been released to the App Store yet]
We are currently doing more QA and will submit an updated version for approval.

Can't freaking wait ! Great job Daniel you have been nailing it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrislen

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:25:36 PM

We are happy to report that the iOS app has been approved  Smiley  [it hasn't been released to the App Store yet]
We are currently doing more QA and will submit an updated version for approval.

nice! when should we expect the updated version to be out and downloadable?
xrobesx

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:21:55 AM

I only got a couple of referrals just sending to close friends at this early stage who I know are into crypto so I only got 50 gems. That was a few days ago when I updated. But I thought airdrops we're going to be daily so I figured I would see small increases daily?

Maybe it's still the first part of the rewards is implemented which is the invitational system, the second and third part maybe not yet https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jJ-vn9WHcyt2vV4mz03LJFf3d6F3TSxJYEznFrycArg/edit#heading=h.d17rvfhp8dh2

I was wondering if it's possible to implement a feature like Shapeshift which gives you the ability to changes currencies pretty much instantly without signing up to an exchange. This can be great for a simple in app swap from Gems to BTC and BTC to Gems https://shapeshift.io

I like the Shapeshift idea, but first they would need to add Gems to the site.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 05:24:09 AM

THIS! enough said!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:30:48 AM

I only got a couple of referrals just sending to close friends at this early stage who I know are into crypto so I only got 50 gems. That was a few days ago when I updated. But I thought airdrops we're going to be daily so I figured I would see small increases daily?

Maybe it's still the first part of the rewards is implemented which is the invitational system, the second and third part maybe not yet https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jJ-vn9WHcyt2vV4mz03LJFf3d6F3TSxJYEznFrycArg/edit#heading=h.d17rvfhp8dh2

I was wondering if it's possible to implement a feature like Shapeshift which gives you the ability to changes currencies pretty much instantly without signing up to an exchange. This can be great for a simple in app swap from Gems to BTC and BTC to Gems https://shapeshift.io

GEMs to BTC and BTC to GEMS would be perfect. It's would mean new users could start to be part of Bitcoin rapidly and also solves the biggest problem with newbies which is 'what can I buy with them?'
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:23:26 AM

I love the speed at which this project is progressing.  Youre kicking ass Daniel!  Now once both versions are out we can start cranking up the marketing hard!!  I love this app it has huge potential.

This, since Gems is currently the only app in existence with its features and no other app has entered the market with similar features, Gems should claim this field as being the first and leading app.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:37:37 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 12:47:55 PM by Netnox

GEMs to BTC and BTC to GEMS would be perfect. It's would mean new users could start to be part of Bitcoin rapidly and also solves the biggest problem with newbies which is 'what can I buy with them?'

I don't think this exist in an app yet, would be very useful and suite Gems pretty well.
waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:31:53 PM

Hi, i have sent my gemz to polo wallet and i had an issue :
i had 161K, i have first sent small amount and it arrived after 30mn, then i wanted to send 160K and my wallet says that i dont have fund and then my balance goes to 0.....
in Polo nothing came up.....i have reinstalled the wallet and still the same....anyone can help me ? thx.

https://www.blockscan.com/address/1FhSZ8oCmymUwmuTriEFdMvG2S22HMumi3 shows that i still have the amount....

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:14:30 PM

i had 161K, i have first sent small amount and it arrived after 30mn, then i wanted to send 160K and my wallet says that i dont have fund and then my balance goes to 0.....
in Polo nothing came up.....i have reinstalled the wallet and still the same....anyone can help me ? thx.

https://www.blockscan.com/address/1FhSZ8oCmymUwmuTriEFdMvG2S22HMumi3 shows that i still have the amount....

Sent you a PM
waxo

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:53:57 PM

Sent you a PM

THANK you Daniel !!!! fantastic support resolved in 10 mn !!!!

Vrezor

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:17:19 PM

Why not release the ios app? couldn't you just update it later?  Smiley
Bitcoinero_GB

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

http://www.ganabitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 09:39:04 PM

Sorry for  not reading previous 142 pages...

I have few questions:

Is there some place with official announcements about the project? Because it's very hard to follow this forum... (but I'll try)

I have some Gems and I'd like to test de app. But when installing in Android, the app ask for permision to send sms and buys integrated in the app... What kind of charges does the app have? In the first stage I'd like to test the app and move some gems...

Best regards and congratulations, this project is a great idea!

reRaise

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:45:43 PM

Sorry for  not reading previous 142 pages...

I have few questions:

Is there some place with official announcements about the project? Because it's very hard to follow this forum... (but I'll try)

I have some Gems and I'd like to test de app. But when installing in Android, the app ask for permision to send sms and buys integrated in the app... What kind of charges does the app have? In the first stage I'd like to test the app and move some gems...

For official announcements you can check https://twitter.com/getgemsorg, http://getgems.ghost.io and of course here. AFAIK the app doesn't charge anything, but pays you instead, except transactions fees if on-chain, sending Gems to other users in app is free.
Bitcoinero_GB

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

http://www.ganabitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 11:05:46 PM

Sorry for  not reading previous 142 pages...

I have few questions:

For official announcements you can check https://twitter.com/getgemsorg, http://getgems.ghost.io and of course here. AFAIK the app doesn't charge anything, but pays you instead, except transactions fees if on-chain, sending Gems to other users in app is free.

Thank you!! I will install soon Cheesy

waxo

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:32:13 AM

ATM there is some very nice move on polo Smiley already jumped from 5K to 6K with 15 BTC volume .

reRaise

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:18:16 AM

ATM there is some very nice move on polo Smiley already jumped from 5K to 6K with 15 BTC volume .

GetGems certainly has the potential to be at least like 200x less worth than WhatsApp which is 100M market cap for GetGems and i'm being conservative here, because it has introduced a complete new, working and attractive approach for instant messaging. Imagine if it's a success it gets bought for couple hundred million or something. Magma VC who also invested in GetGems also invested in Waze which got bought by Google for 1B. I think this app has true potential because it's the first in this field with such model combined with the simplicity for the non tech savy, so they should have full confidence and market the hell out of it.

My dads friend was here yesterday and i updated the app for him and he saw his referral and had 25 Gems he found it pretty awesome, so he went to 'invite friends' and brought up WhatsApp and just tapped on his contacts to invite them, thats how easy it is. I don't think i have seen any other Crypto related project with this ease to introduce and connect it with others.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:36:37 AM

GetGems certainly has the potential to be at least like 200x less worth than WhatsApp which is 100M market cap for GetGems and i'm being conservative here, because it has introduced a complete new, working and attractive approach for instant messaging. Imagine if it's a success it gets bought for couple hundred million or something. Magma VC who also invested in GetGems also invested in Waze which got bought by Google for 1B. I think this app has true potential because it's the first in this field with such model combined with the simplicity for the non tech savy, so they should have full confidence and market the hell out of it.

My dads friend was here yesterday and i updated the app for him and he saw his referral and had 25 Gems he found it pretty awesome, so he went to 'invite friends' and brought up WhatsApp and just tapped on his contacts to invite them, thats how easy it is. I don't think i have seen any other Crypto related project with this ease to introduce and connect it with others.

I agree. GetGems market cap is extremely low right now in a market that is valuing similar apps WITHOUT integrated crypto at 100x to 1000x higher that what GetGems is at now. I of course don't know what will happen in the future, but I would not be surprised to see a 100x or more increase in market cap over the next year.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:34:26 PM

I've had my fair share of hyping coins I owned in the past but really I feel like Gems is different. Almost all Altcoins apart from Bitcoin basically derive their value from potential future of a coin ie its usage. People are saying alts are dying, I would say its more reality is kicking in as it becomes more and more clear the only real coin that will succeed is Bitcoin (if that does even). Thats why im so critical of coins like NEM cause they are riding nothing more than hype. Its kind of ridiculous that you have vol of 500BTC on exchanges for coins that are supposed to be currencies that most will admit will never be used. So now most successful coins aren't really coins but are 'tokens' that serve some kind of business that ultimately is based on the blockchain.

So back to Gems, I see the valuation still based on future usage BUT for once the potential for usage is actually massive and not as unlikely as average alts. I disagree when people say wow Whatsapp was sold for 20 Billion maybe if we had as many users we could have a marketcap as much as that. I disagree cause actually IF just say for example sake we had a user base of nearly a Billion! then the marketcap would be far more than just 20 Billion. Bitcoin only has a few million user base which is relatively tiny but its marketcap is a few billion and has been and will be much more.  
So just imagine a coin/token with even say 10 million users, it  would in theory have a higher marketcap than Bitcoin. For this reason I wish the wider Bitcoin community would get behind Gems as mutually beneficial, Gems is like a gateway drug for Bitcoin in 12 months it could in theory give a few millions people who barely heard of Bitcoin a chance to experience using a bitcoin wallet. So this app could be the best thing that happened to Bitcoin since it was created.

I also got to say for the sake of balance if this app only gets 30,000 users and plateaus our around there then we wouldn't get much further than top 20 on Coinmarketcap. This has got to be the most exciting project to watch in crypto cause we can see the progress that no one can argue against on the download counters.  
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:56:17 PM

COMPLETELY AGREE, I've said it here before Bitcoin's killer app. 

We all need to start pushing this app hard once the iOS version is out.  I have referred non-bitcoin friends and they think it's awesome to get gems.  I love how the new update has the US dollar amount below the GEMS amount so that helps regular people to realize this is actually worth something.

It is truly THE BEST messaging app out there currently now and it just needs to be discovered.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 02:02:32 PM

once iOS is out, i ain't gonna message anymore on Whatsapp. Family and Friends, if you want to talk to me, GET GEMS!!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: