Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 08:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597144 times)
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:11:38 PM

Gems looks good on paper but so did NXTTY and that seems to of failed miserably. I expect hype followed by crash followed by sober realistic reevaluation. If this can be a niche product it's got a decent chance. The new big thing globally in social networks....not a hope in hell.

You are repeating yourself, again except from both being messaging apps they have nothing in common. Gems is based on attention economy: http://bitcoinwarrior.net/2014/12/gems-next-generation-social-app/

please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg8594258#msg8594258
and: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9631930;topicseen#msg9631930

As long as you keep repeating that you expect FB and Whatstheapp like numbers I'll keep repeating you won't so people aren't tricked into thinking they just bought 10% of FB.

We never said that we expect FB and Whatsapp like numbers.
Please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9183382;topicseen#msg9183382

Dude you got their apps on your website as your target under the heading 'Value'  Roll Eyes

And if you want to start defending your app, defend this. How do you expect an app to succeed these days where their are hundreds of chat apps with new ones coming everyday when you don't even have photo sharing! Cause photo sharing will be painfully slow?

The advantage is that we are building a social messaging app based on attention economy with a built in wallet. This allows anyone to have a public hashtag but the spam is still under control. This opens a lot of interesting use cases for users wanting your attention and are willing to pay you directly. (With LinkedIn you pay the company to send unsolicited messages to users. In Tinder you can’t send unsolicited messages to girls you like even if you wanted to. In Instagram you can’t get the celebrities attention because their hashtag is being “spammed”. In Gems you will be able to do all these things if you pay the right price in gems. The cost to send such an unsolicited
message is dependent on the relative popularity of the recipient using a bidding system commonly employed by Google.

We are in alpha development, we will have photo sharing and it will be super fast Smiley

While you boast others will post. bye bye...

Ok I'm going to be an asshole now and say Send chat looks a lot more professional and has the right spirit behind it, way more than Gems.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880647.0

Better you leave when you don't understand what is difference between high quality product and a junky app.

Dude its based on Telegram one of the biggest growing messenger apps today. This just created A LOT OF BAGHOLDERS INSTANTLY, LOL

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

Sendchat looks even worse than nxtty, i wont go even close to coin whos devs dont go public and the thread is moderated. Gems is the first in its model and the best other are cheap failed gimmicks, now gtfo fulcare goodluck with your shitty sendcoins
fulcare

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:16:01 PM

Sendchat looks even worse than nxtty, i wont go even close to coin whos devs dont go public and the thread is moderated. Gems is the first in its model and the best other are cheap failed gimmicks

(And then sends a post to Koinify to see if investments are refundable) This is brilliant.

PS the guy gave his Twitter, Linked in etc. He's a handsome devil.

Hardly anonomous. lol Seems he believes in the principle of crypto currencies and doesn't have a past working for The Israeli intelligence service like Daniel.

https://twitter.com/bitentrepreneur

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:19:24 PM

Sendchat looks even worse than nxtty, i wont go even close to coin whos devs dont go public and the thread is moderated. Gems is the first in its model and the best other are cheap failed gimmicks

(And then sends a post to Koinify to see if investments are refundable) This is brilliant.

I send a post to koinify? Get of the drugs you cheap fag, go to your sendcoins, what are you coming here clown, ignored
fulcare

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:20:09 PM

I send a post to koinify? Get of the drugs you cheap fag, go to your sendcoins, what are you coming here clown, ignored

That's one pissed bagholder.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:36:43 PM

So the only thing that has been finished is the messaging app for IOS right?
fulcare

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:55:19 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 04:19:10 PM by fulcare

Gems looks good on paper but so did NXTTY and that seems to of failed miserably. I expect hype followed by crash followed by sober realistic reevaluation. If this can be a niche product it's got a decent chance. The new big thing globally in social networks....not a hope in hell.

Expecting success one month after launch is naive and immature. We're also in the first bear market in crypto currencies by the way, things are going to be pretty slow on all crypto fronts for the next 10-11 months. There is not much capital and adoption moving to cryptos until then, it will be a complete washout of the weak and impatient hands that crowded this market at the end of last year.

+1440

Actually the experience of many apps that attained a large global user base did so very rapidly even as soon as the app was released.

And who the hell are you to call a bear market in crypto for nearly a year. And you even linked to your own thread as evidence. You got a time machine, idiot.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:47:02 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 12:15:04 AM by bitwhizz

At the end of the day it comes down to who markets the product better with all these apps
And i have confidence in Gems
gymnastico

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:02:22 PM

Huh

Total sold
10,173,520 GEMZ

GEMZ? correct? not GEMS? XGEM?

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:04:56 PM

Huh

Total sold
10,173,520 GEMZ

GEMZ? correct? not GEMS?

Yes, GEMZ is correct.
Please read: https://koinify.com/blog/gems-public-sale-launch/
entertainment

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 05:06:47 PM

You are repeating yourself, again except from both being messaging apps they have nothing in common. Gems is based on attention economy: http://bitcoinwarrior.net/2014/12/gems-next-generation-social-app/

please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg8594258#msg8594258
and: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9631930;topicseen#msg9631930

As long as you keep repeating that you expect FB and Whatstheapp like numbers I'll keep repeating you won't so people aren't tricked into thinking they just bought 10% of FB.

We never said that we expect FB and Whatsapp like numbers.
Please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9183382;topicseen#msg9183382

Dude you got their apps on your website as your target under the heading 'Value'  Roll Eyes

And if you want to start defending your app, defend this. How do you expect an app to succeed these days where their are hundreds of chat apps with new ones coming everyday when you don't even have photo sharing! Cause photo sharing will be painfully slow?

The advantage is that we are building a social messaging app based on attention economy with a built in wallet. This allows anyone to have a public hashtag but the spam is still under control. This opens a lot of interesting use cases for users wanting your attention and are willing to pay you directly. (With LinkedIn you pay the company to send unsolicited messages to users. In Tinder you can’t send unsolicited messages to girls you like even if you wanted to. In Instagram you can’t get the celebrities attention because their hashtag is being “spammed”. In Gems you will be able to do all these things if you pay the right price in gems. The cost to send such an unsolicited
message is dependent on the relative popularity of the recipient using a bidding system commonly employed by Google.

We are in alpha development, we will have photo sharing and it will be super fast Smiley

While you boast others will post. bye bye...

Ok I'm going to be an asshole now and say Send chat looks a lot more professional and has the right spirit behind it, way more than Gems.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880647.0

Better you leave when you don't understand what is difference between high quality product and a junky app.

Dude its based on Telegram one of the biggest growing messenger apps today. This just created A LOT OF BAGHOLDERS INSTANTLY, LOL

LOL

Sendchat is just a Telegram fork. A tattty clone... You don't know what youre talking about.

karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:16:24 PM

dont listen to that bagholding "asshole" (his words) promoting his coin (sendcoin). Gems is a risky investment (like all cryptos) but honest and with an economic model that makes sense (like few cryptos).

I dunno what the problem with this cointrolls is. I would also like to see gems on the clearinghouse platform instead of counterparty. So what? Do I troll all the time like a crazy idiot = "meah, this is not as good as mine. Everything else is shit." Fucking fudkids everywhere. Sorry for my wording.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
TheBlonde

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:27:48 PM

Really interesting project.
ticoti

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 05:54:23 PM

I have some questions for the dev team

Whatsapp spends 50$ million per year, if you reach a high level of use, How would you finance your servers?

Will you have an economic profit apart from the presale? I mean, I want to know if you could finance the cost of servers and bandwith.

I know third parties can create a node ,but why would a third party create a node? will they be paid in any way?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 06:04:51 PM

I have some questions for the dev team

Whatsapp spends 50$ million per year, if you reach a high level of use, How would you finance your servers?

Will you have an economic profit apart from the presale? I mean, I want to know if you could finance the cost of servers and bandwith.

I know third parties can create a node ,but why would a third party create a node? will they be paid in any way?

Please read here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.msg9689715;topicseen#msg9689715
karmala

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

I think koinify is ddosed. Somebody is afraid that it will succeed I guess.

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:45:37 PM

Huh

Total sold
10,173,520 GEMZ

GEMZ? correct? not GEMS?

Yes, GEMZ is correct.
Please read: https://koinify.com/blog/gems-public-sale-launch/

Will you be burning the XGEM asset to a provably unspendable BTC address? Just incase.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:39:41 PM

I wish we could delete the advertisment for other coins here..... Its amusing how desperate some folks are.

Indeed such bad advertisement lol, Gems is miles ahead with it's business model. Just report his post to the moderator and it can be deleted.
karmala

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:42:01 PM

I wish we could delete the advertisment for other coins here..... Its amusing how desperate some folks are.

Indeed such bad advertisement lol, Gems is miles ahead with it's business model. Just report his post to the moderator and it can be deleted.

yeah just did. Thanks.

A constructive question to Koinify: is your display of sold gemz not dynamic? I need to refresh the page to get the acutal numbers.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:44:27 PM

Would like to know this

Gems can do big things, the concept shows that. I would like to know what the plans marketingswise are in promoting gems outside of the crypto community? Since the reach is common users 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: