Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
TomKoinify

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:22:45 PM

I can assure your our SSL cert is up to date and we are a virus/malware free platform.

Yeah I trust you. Is 54.187.49.187 the IP of koinify.com?

That's us, weird it's showing it like that to you although. Would you mind emailing helpdesk@konify.com with some details (browser, anti-virus, screen shot, etc) -- we need to contact your anti-virus company and have them whitelist our IP then.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:26:04 PM

I can assure your our SSL cert is up to date and we are a virus/malware free platform.

Yeah I trust you. Is 54.187.49.187 the IP of koinify.com?

That's us, weird it's showing it like that to you although. Would you mind emailing helpdesk@konify.com with some details (browser, anti-virus, screen shot, etc) -- we need to contact your anti-virus company and have them whitelist our IP then.

I tried with a different sandboxed browser and got no block. Now tried again on firefox and it works smoothly.
I have the suspect my pc is infected by some malware/virus, so it could be just me.
Do you still want me to email the details?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
lordfeo

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:20:20 PM

is there option to share photo and video by gems app?
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 10:35:18 PM

should be, it's supposed to work like Whatsapp.

lordfeo

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:38:04 PM

should be, it's supposed to work like Whatsapp.

I hope so, just i asked because I did not find anything about functionality of multimedia messaging in Whitepaper
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a129pSWTDWKWt945Un7NyTxTKPiVq5MjGFLs8mIuZug/edit?pli=1
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 10:54:01 PM

50% for crowdsale, how about the another 50%?

they hold it for airdrops over the nexst 5 yr,s ( or dump it all over time ) who knows Wink

1. Pre-Sale: 50,000,000 XGEM
Available for purchase by the public during crowdsale, until sale end date or 3,000 BTC cap reached or 50m tokens sold, whichever happens first. Any remaining unsold gems will be sent to a verifiably unspendable address. After the pre-sale gems can be purchased through exchanges such as Bter, Melotic, Poloniex and Counterwallet.

2. Airdrop: 30,000,000 XGEM
Served for daily airdrop distribution. Every day ~27,500 XGEMs are distributed directly or “dropped” into the users' wallets according to a fair and public algorithm. Users are rewarded based on their contribution of introducing other active users to the network. The formula includes the network value, and the number of active users. New users sign up for Gems and the person who invited them is noted by the network, increasing the inviter’s score accordingly. Contribution scores are calculated for every user in the network, and users with larger gems reservoirs will be rewarded more generously than users without gems.

3. Promotional Giveaway: 12,000,000 XGEM
Reserved for community contributions, third party developers, and bounties.

4. Development Team: 8,000,000 XGEM
Reserved for compensating developers. See Fund Allocation.

All of this + more is covered on Koinify's page for the Gems sale, which will be opened to the public on the 1st.

8% for developer!!!  So the 3000btc isn't enough. Bye bye
Yes this is a bit ridiculous. Too much greed here. Anyone who puts money into this must be crazy.

Is that not the same thing they said about Ethereum?

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:02:21 PM

It seems like Dogecoins developer is feeling threatened by Gems, he already made 2 tweets about it

link? it's good they are reacting, the point is they found gems worthy and seeing the potential to comment on it, good or bad doesn't matter, it means it's raising attention
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:59:26 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 01:34:58 AM by Netnox

here is a nice blog post that sort of sums up what I feel about Gems, just some constructive criticism.

http://tpbit.blogspot.ca/2014/12/the-paradox-of-presales-pondering-gems.html

However, by the simple fact that the platform uses a new token rather than Bitcoin, it becomes less desirable to the end users

Nice article, regarding the quote above i would like to point out that Bitcoin is also available in the app. Both Bitcoin and Gemz have the same addresses and their own wallet. You send Bitcoin the receiver gets Bitcoin, you send Gemz you receive Gemz.

On the end users, Gemz are primarily aimed to the younger generation, teens and especially females which are ruling the social networking traffic but are missed in the Bitcoin ecosystem. Gem means a precious stone, in this case the Gems brand is imo more attractive to this target group. Most of them don't know what Bitcoin is or don't really bother to use it. Gems It's like a bait to attract this target group to Bitcoin through Gems. Actually i tested this out on a friend of mine, i showed her Glyph and Gems, she choose for Gems because she liked it more and could relate it more to Whatsapp after i told her the 2 are similar. Apart from that it's hard to get it's business model done with just Bitcoin.

Ultimately Bitcoin is making decentralised banking, Openbazaar is making decentralised online market place, Storj is making cloud storage decentralised, Gems is making social messaging decentralised. It will succeed with community support and especially marketing, not just inside the crypto community but outside of it aswell.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:31:12 AM

here is a nice blog post that sort of sums up what I feel about Gems, just some constructive criticism.

However, by the simple fact that the platform uses a new token rather than Bitcoin, it becomes less desirable to the end users

Nice article, regarding the quote above i would like to point out that Bitcoin is also available in the app. Both Bitcoin and Gemz have the same addresses and their own wallet. You send Bitcoin the receiver gets Bitcoin, you send Gemz you receive Gemz.

On the end users, Gemz are primarily aimed to the younger generation, teens and especially females which are ruling the social networking traffic but are missed in the Bitcoin ecosystem. Gem means a precious stone, in this case the Gems brand is imo more attractive to this target group. Most of them don't know what Bitcoin is or don't really bother to use it. Gems It's like a bait to attract this target group to Bitcoin through Gems. Actually i tested this out on a friend of mine, i showed her Glyph and Gems, she choose for Gems because she liked it more and could relate it more to Whatsapp after i told her the 2 are similar. Apart from that it's hard to get it's business model done with just Bitcoin.

Ultimately Bitcoin is making decentralised banking, Openbazaar is making decentralised online market place, Storj is making cloud storage decentralised, Gems is making social messaging decentralised. It will succeed with community support and especially marketing, not just inside the crypto community but outside of it aswell.

It's also important to note that btc and gems serve different target audiences within the Gems ecosystem. btc is aimed towards users with crypto background, who probably already own BTC and are familiar with it. These users will enjoy a convenient method to send btc to their contacts (ie. without typing addresses). Gems is aimed towards the common user who doesn’t have a crypto currency background. Since gems are rewarded for network contribution, these users will own gems just from operating within the network.

We are sure that once mainstream users do their first "crypto transaction" they will understand what all of us are talking about. Fiat is "dumb money" compered to bitcoin blockchain technology.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:50:26 AM

That's some very big claims for a basic app. They said the same stuff on NXTTY thread until reality set in. What's great about this kind of coin is we can see how many downloads it gets so we can judge black or white if this app is a success. And as making the next big thing in messegong is almost impossible in such a saturated market I look forward to saying I told you so.

This is how ICO's work these days. People buy up early at the cheaper price then when it comes to go on an exchange they can afford to dump at the later prices and still make a good 40%. Guaranteed profit, later buyers even think they are getting a good deal cause it's the same price as the later ICO prices. everyones happy especially the developers.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
fulcare

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:53:53 AM

Oh and good luck being the next Whatstheapp. Competition much? And I bet the guys coding these apps didn't get a million dollars just for creating their apps. Lol. Ironically this app runs on the idea that the profit goes to the users. The reality is compared to 95% of messenger apps GEMS is highly slanted in favour of the developer to make money.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Messenger&c=apps&hl=en_GB

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Alex_crypto

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:16:36 AM

Oh and good luck being the next Whatstheapp. Competition much? And I bet the guys coding these apps didn't get a million dollars just for creating their apps. Lol. Ironically this app runs on the idea that the profit goes to the users. The reality is compared to 95% of messenger apps GEMS is highly slanted in favour of the developer to make money.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Messenger&c=apps&hl=en_GB

There is a lot of money needed to make Gems a success. Developing a great product that is comparable to Whatsapp and Telegram. Marketing work and strategy to get the app in front of new audiences to expand crypto into new markets. Millions of dollars go into these successful apps to make them successful.

This is so true. People don't realize how fast money goes. $1 million for a development team and full marketing team is necessary to make this a success. If they dont hit 1500 bitcoin I would be worried. I think it would have been better if they had raised 10000 bitcoin for investors as well.

https://twitter.com/getgemsorg/status/540271639871881217
I hope I win  Grin
Alex_crypto

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:42:37 AM

What is the plan on getting the public involved. I think Gems is a good tool to bring people into bitcoin and thats why I bought. @Peled1986 can you tell us how you will get the average person into Gems?

There are many messenger apps in the app store. Even paying users is not only enough. Please expand on your marketing strategy for once the app is live.
DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:21:01 AM

What is the plan on getting the public involved. I think Gems is a good tool to bring people into bitcoin and thats why I bought. @Peled1986 can you tell us how you will get the average person into Gems?

There are many messenger apps in the app store. Even paying users is not only enough. Please expand on your marketing strategy for once the app is live.

Let's be honest, paying users is already more then enough.

I think as long as Gems works smoothly they won't have any problem promoting it, this could even make a social media buzz, you can get paid to simply text your friends.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
fulcare

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:23:35 AM

I think as long as Gems works smoothly they won't have any problem promoting it, this could even make a social media buzz, you can get paid to simply text your friends.

My Aunt makes 2.4677 GEMS a week from home. You can too.click here.

Yes this is gonna be big.lol

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Alex_crypto

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:53:29 AM

I agree that paying users is enough. I would like to hear more about the marketing plan. I think referrals will work perfect for this but there also needs a catalyst. Are you hiring a professional PR firm?

I am thinking about buying a lot more in the next 5 hours before the rate jumps and was hoping to get an answer quickly.
moneyflow

Activity: 281

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:55:41 AM

My Aunt makes 2.4677 GEMS a week from home. You can too.click here.

Yes this is gonna be big.lol

From home? Click here? Before attempting to troll it wouldn't hurt to actually understand the concept behind the project
rememberme

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 12:32:52 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=880647.new#new
I think these guys are far more prepared for this type of market. If you compare the both anyway

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:41:49 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 12:55:57 PM by Netnox

Would be nice to see Gems in technology magazines mentioned like Wired, TechCrunch or others

rememberme

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 01:32:21 PM

Would be nice to see Gems in technology magazines mentioned like Wired, TechCrunch or others

Ok but enough about cool magazines. What marketing are you guys going to use and can we even send pictures and videos?!

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: