Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:30:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:25:22 PM

the funny thing is that the sendchat thread of this stupid troll is moderated and this one not. I vote for a moderated thread.

Long History on what ?? are we to believe that you are the saviour for us all? that we can`t spend our own BTC how we choose, we have to run every ICO that we are interested in through you so that you can give us the nod and tell us that it will all be OK if we just listen to you ??

you dont have to believe me anything. I am not intrested in you.
I am only interested in constructive conversations and not in this aggressive spamming of fud from the trolls who hijacked this thread.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
CryptoMoFo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:27:30 PM

the funny thing is that the sendchat thread of this stupid troll is moderated and this one not. I vote for a moderated thread.

Long History on what ?? are we to believe that you are the saviour for us all? that we can`t spend our own BTC how we choose, we have to run every ICO that we are interested in through you so that you can give us the nod and tell us that it will all be OK if we just listen to you ??

you dont have to believe me anything. I am not intrested in you.
I am only interested in constructive conversations and not in this aggressive spamming of fud from the trolls who hijacked this thread.

wasn`t aimed at you man
karmala

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:30:25 PM

ah ok, there was a deleted post from the  monster troll... man this trolling makes me dizy Smiley

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:31:45 PM

We passed the 1,000 BTC mark, due time for celebrations with a new article!

nice, gaining some momentum

Japan  Cool

lol she is pretty hot
karmala

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:41:00 PM

jeah she is  Tongue

@Koinify, your clock stoped working

TomKoinify

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:35:54 PM

jeah she is  Tongue

@Koinify, your clock stoped working

We're aware, our devs are currently napping after a 48 hour work session; we'll be right on it. Thanks for letting us now.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:43:51 PM

Get the chance to get 1000 Gemz for retweet
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:56:02 PM

What is the plan on getting the public involved. I think Gems is a good tool to bring people into bitcoin and thats why I bought. @Peled1986 can you tell us how you will get the average person into Gems?

There are many messenger apps in the app store. Even paying users is not only enough. Please expand on your marketing strategy for once the app is live.

Let's be honest, paying users is already more then enough.

I think as long as Gems works smoothly they won't have any problem promoting it, this could even make a social media buzz, you can get paid to simply text your friends.

Let's be honest, how much is a typical Gem's user going to earn using the app? Sure, money can incent people, but it has to be quite a bit more than a coffee every month.

People will use the app if 1) It works better or offers more features than what they are using now. and/or 2) There current network of friends is using it, so they use it to stay in the loop with that network.

Now, if they are getting a car payment worth every month, then sure, that's something. But like Amway your talking about a minuscule percentage of people that will have networks big enough to actually earn even at least a living wage.

fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 10:01:50 PM

What is the plan on getting the public involved. I think Gems is a good tool to bring people into bitcoin and thats why I bought. @Peled1986 can you tell us how you will get the average person into Gems?

There are many messenger apps in the app store. Even paying users is not only enough. Please expand on your marketing strategy for once the app is live.

I think as long as Gems works smoothly they won't have any problem promoting it, this could even make a social media buzz, you can get paid to simply text your friends.

Let's be honest, how much is a typical Gem's user going to earn using the app? Sure, money can incent people, but it has to be quite a bit more than a coffee every month.

People will use the app if 1) It works better or offers more features than what they are using now. and/or 2) There current network of friends is using it, so they use it to stay in the loop with that network.

Now, if they are getting a car payment worth every month, then sure, that's something. But like Amway your talking about a minuscule percentage of people that will have networks big enough to actually earn even at least a living wage.

Sshhh don't go telling people the truth, they don't like it, they'll call you a Troll. Best smile and agree, smile and agree.  Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
lordfeo

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 11:17:12 PM

Really?
So have a look at http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/freebitco.in
Does it make sense?
if not then look it: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/whatsapp.com
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:26:58 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 06:28:55 AM by peled1986

Updates

- media coverage from the last days

- we have been getting amazing support for the Japanese community.
- 1500 counterwallets have been opened in Koinify.
- 726 unique assetholders. The big amount of unique buyers is the most exciting statistic, it's an evidence that a crypto community is starting to evolve behind the project.
- 19,256,938 GEMZ have been sold.
- we are working hard to close two big partnerships, more information will be disclosed in due time.
luckykitty

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:06:17 AM

At first you said you would sell 17.250xgem/btc for 2 days, then changed to 3 days, I hope you won't do things like this again to let people think you don't care about credit.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:31:01 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 03:57:59 AM by peled1986

At first you said you would sell 17.250xgem/btc for 2 days, then changed to 3 days, I hope you won't do things like this again to let people think you don't care about credit.

We have been very transparent at every stage of the project: being public with our identities, having an unmoderated bitcointalk thread, the AMA on Reddit, podcast interviews, google hangout and more. We want to build a community around Gems and the only way to do that is to be as open and transparent with our users regarding Gems product and Gems short and long term vision.

After speaking with the Koinify team we understood it was wise to extended the earlybird by 24 hours to give a fair opportunity for everyone: https://koinify.com/blog/our-thank-you/
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 04:21:05 AM

We have been very transparent at every stage of the project: being public with our identities, having an unmoderated bitcointalk thread, the AMA on Reddit, podcast interviews, google hangout and more. We want to build a community around Gems and the only way to do that is to be as open and transparent with our users regarding Gems product and Gems short and long term vision.

After speaking with the Koinify team we understood it was wise to extended the earlybird by 24 hours to give a fair opportunity for everyone: https://koinify.com/blog/our-thank-you/

It was extended so that more people could buy up the coins:
Due to the unexpected downtime, we discussed with Gems team and they've graciously offered a 24-hour extension of GEMZ at the most favorable rate. This will make sure that everybody who missed out on purchasing due to technical issues can get another shot. So yes, enjoy another 24 extra happy hours at the 17,250 GEMZ per 1 BTC rate. This will extend 24 hours from 9AM PST, December 3rd, and ride into the price drop at 9AM PST, December 4th.

karmala

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:14:49 AM

People get quickly excited about very, very small amounts. Comming from a tipping coin, I made this experience more than once. Nice to see you here Pilot Smiley

Alex_crypto

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:44:11 AM

impressive turnout so far. 1500 accounts open!!  Now if I am not wrong if all 1500 download the app and invite friends to the network then...  I can see this really taking off. The best part is I have heard the large whales are not even involved.

Not bad Gems.

But with my question what other plans do you have to really get the app out there? What type of marketing do you have up your sleeve?
fulcare

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:14:12 AM

impressive turnout so far. 1500 accounts open!!  Now if I am not wrong if all 1500 download the app and invite friends to the network then...  I can see this really taking off. The best part is I have heard the large whales are not even involved.

Not bad Gems.

But with my question what other plans do you have to really get the app out there? What type of marketing do you have up your sleeve?

More like 700 actual unique users to be accurate. NXTTY had lot of initial investors too but its hit a wall at around 1000-5000 downloads. The problem is the main selling point that IS an advantage over NXTTY is the airdrops ie people thinking they will get free money, but that wont even be in the app for months.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
fulcare

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:25:31 PM

People I don't want to be a downer but I just want people to be a bit more sober about buying into this coin. If they are asking 3,000 BTC for 50% of the coins then we are looking at a 6,000 BTC valuation straight away, that puts it in the top 20 coins before even 1% increase in price. Unless you see some really big numbers come in for downloads you are going to get a crash and people will lose a lot of money on this coin. Its sadly inevitable.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 12:33:10 PM

People I don't want to be a downer but I just want people to be a bit more sober about buying into this coin. If they are asking 3,000 BTC for 50% of the coins then we are looking at a 6,000 BTC valuation straight away, that puts it in the top 20 coins before even 1% increase in price. Unless you see some really big numbers come in for downloads you are going to get a crash and people will lose a lot of money on this coin. Its sadly inevitable.

There may be truth in this. If the app doesn't become popular within a month or two (and there is no reason it should become popular so fast, especially in the first crypto currencies bear market which is to last through October 2015), people might lose hope to get rich quick and start dumping, like it happened with Nxttycoin. There may be even an initial pump and then a dump to a below IPO price. This is a high risk venture, it's true, but all the crypto is high risk venture. Is Bitcoin not high risk venture? Can you point to one example in the crypto space that has a low risk? I can't find a single example. Let the buyer beware, it's the frontier of money evolution.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:00:35 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 02:51:23 PM by Netnox

Guys this is a must watch recent interview with Daniel and Dario, really one of the best Gems related interviews. The explanation on 'attention economy' build around the app is really fascinating and innovative which opens the gateway to do many things. Everyone should listen to it

http://shoutengine.com/BitcoinNewsWeekly/dollars-to-bitcoins-banks-hate-bitcoin-the-gold-5231
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: