Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:49:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 04:40:16 PM

Guys this is a must watch recent interview with Daniel and Dario, really one of the best Gems related interviews. The explanation on 'attention economy' build around the app is really fascinating and innovative which opens the gateway to do many things. Everyone should listen to it

http://shoutengine.com/BitcoinNewsWeekly/dollars-to-bitcoins-banks-hate-bitcoin-the-gold-5231

I'm not easily impressed, but what I've heard about Gems in this interview is impressive.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:00:56 PM

What is the plan on getting the public involved. I think Gems is a good tool to bring people into bitcoin and thats why I bought. @Peled1986 can you tell us how you will get the average person into Gems?

There are many messenger apps in the app store. Even paying users is not only enough. Please expand on your marketing strategy for once the app is live.

Let's be honest, paying users is already more then enough.

I think as long as Gems works smoothly they won't have any problem promoting it, this could even make a social media buzz, you can get paid to simply text your friends.

Let's be honest, how much is a typical Gem's user going to earn using the app? Sure, money can incent people, but it has to be quite a bit more than a coffee every month.

People will use the app if 1) It works better or offers more features than what they are using now. and/or 2) There current network of friends is using it, so they use it to stay in the loop with that network.

Now, if they are getting a car payment worth every month, then sure, that's something. But like Amway your talking about a minuscule percentage of people that will have networks big enough to actually earn even at least a living wage.

People get quickly excited about very, very small amounts. Comming from a tipping coin, I made this experience more than once. Nice to see you here Pilot Smiley

I am watching and bought a small bit of GEMZ. I have best hopes for this, I'm not trying to poo poo it. I'm just saying you need a bit more than "free fake money" to market this.
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 09:59:53 PM

What is the plan on getting the public involved. I think Gems is a good tool to bring people into bitcoin and thats why I bought. @Peled1986 can you tell us how you will get the average person into Gems?

There are many messenger apps in the app store. Even paying users is not only enough. Please expand on your marketing strategy for once the app is live.

I think as long as Gems works smoothly they won't have any problem promoting it, this could even make a social media buzz, you can get paid to simply text your friends.

Let's be honest, how much is a typical Gem's user going to earn using the app? Sure, money can incent people, but it has to be quite a bit more than a coffee every month.

People will use the app if 1) It works better or offers more features than what they are using now. and/or 2) There current network of friends is using it, so they use it to stay in the loop with that network.

Now, if they are getting a car payment worth every month, then sure, that's something. But like Amway your talking about a minuscule percentage of people that will have networks big enough to actually earn even at least a living wage.

People get quickly excited about very, very small amounts. Comming from a tipping coin, I made this experience more than once. Nice to see you here Pilot Smiley

I am watching and bought a small bit of GEMZ. I have best hopes for this, I'm not trying to poo poo it. I'm just saying you need a bit more than "free fake money" to market this.
I agree, gems need to appeal to the non-crypto folks. I am also looking forward to see more in this regard (marketing plan). Nice to see a viacoiner here Smiley

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
andresm

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 10:55:50 PM

What about the approval from Apple to get the GEMS app on the App Store? As I know some Bitcoin related apps do not get the approval right away.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2014, 10:56:52 PM

I will offer free VIP list at Amnesia Ibiza on select nights in the summer for 10000 GEMZ - up to 5 people each week
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:06:16 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 01:26:11 PM by reRaise

Guys this is a must watch recent interview with Daniel and Dario, really one of the best Gems related interviews. The explanation on 'attention economy' build around the app is really fascinating and innovative which opens the gateway to do many things. Everyone should listen to it

http://shoutengine.com/BitcoinNewsWeekly/dollars-to-bitcoins-banks-hate-bitcoin-the-gold-5231

I'm not easily impressed, but what I've heard about Gems in this interview is impressive.

users seem to have a instagram like hashtag where you can send messages to if they are not in your friends list, but is going to cost you and the receiver can set a minimum amount rate of gemz he/she wants, this can be beneficial for those with lots of supporters and fans or a girl you like you can still reach out if you don't have her number, but will cost you gemz, same with influential people and advertisers. I think this who attention based economy can open pretty cool possibilities. It's is like next gen social messaging which i hope takes off and all that made possible by crypto.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:18:24 PM

Alex_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:49:28 PM

I think they are really onto something with that idea. Seriously I guess I have never thought. Why is Facebook worth $200 billion? Even a gift card or something once in a while would be good. Go Gems!
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:25:57 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 04:07:07 PM by peled1986

users seem to have a instagram like hashtag where you can send messages to if they are not in your friends list, but is going to cost you and the receiver can set a minimum amount rate of gemz he/she wants, this can be beneficial for those with lots of supporters and fans or a girl you like you can still reach out if you don't have her number, but will cost you gemz, same with influential people and advertisers. I think this who attention based economy can open pretty cool possibilities. It's is like next gen social messaging which i hope takes off and all that made possible by crypto.

Spam is a major issue with any communications platform (consider email and spam) since senders of bulk amounts of unsolicited messages are able to do so without incurring a cost, causing users to hide their address in order to protect themselves. Having to pay with GEMZ for unsolicited messages solves this problem at the core while opening very fun and interesting possibilities.

we are building a social network based on attention economy. If someone wants your attention they need to pay you directly. (With LinkedIn you pay the company to send unsolicited messages to users. In Tinder you can’t send unsolicited messages to women/men you like even if you wanted to. In Instagram you can’t get the celebrities attention because their hashtag is being “spammed”. In Gems you will be able to do all these things if you pay the right price in GEMZ. The cost to send such an unsolicited message is dependent on the relative popularity of the recipient using a bidding system commonly employed by Google.
reRaise

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:49:22 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 10:52:56 PM by reRaise

Spam is a major issue with any communications platform (consider email and spam) since senders of bulk amounts of unsolicited messages are able to do so without incurring a cost, causing users to hide their address in order to protect themselves. Having to pay with GEMZ for unsolicited messages solves this problem at the core while opening very fun and interesting possibilities.

we are building a social network based on attention economy. If someone wants your attention they need to pay you directly. (With LinkedIn you pay the company to send unsolicited messages to users. In Tinder you can’t send unsolicited messages to girls you like even if you wanted to. In Instagram you can’t get the celebrities attention because their hashtag is being “spammed”. In Gems you will be able to do all these things if you pay the right price in GEMZ. The cost to send such an unsolicited message is dependent on the relative popularity of the recipient using a bidding system commonly employed by Google.

well thought, you can do so many things through this attention economy model. The most important thing is that its damn easy to use for every user, even if not heard of bitcoin
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 03:53:00 AM

I think they are really onto something with that idea. Seriously I guess I have never thought. Why is Facebook worth $200 billion? Even a gift card or something once in a while would be good. Go Gems!

this is why i deleted facebook 3 months ago

total waste of time
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 03:55:26 AM

we are building a social network based on attention economy. If someone wants your attention they need to pay you directly. (With LinkedIn you pay the company to send unsolicited messages to users. In Tinder you can’t send unsolicited messages to girls you like even if you wanted to. In Instagram you can’t get the celebrities attention because their hashtag is being “spammed”. In Gems you will be able to do all these things if you pay the right price in GEMZ. The cost to send such an unsolicited message is dependent on the relative popularity of the recipient using a bidding system commonly employed by Google.

interesting... the girls are going to love this...

Alex_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:26:11 AM

any updates on the release of the Android? Lets just get it out in the basic version December 30th with iOS so I can start getting referrals. I would hate to have to pick up iPhone for this.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:55:33 AM

Why is wallet and token system not going to be done till March 2015. It seems to me you haven't actually done any of the work that is needed to make this app function. You are selling a basic chat app (possibly a clone) with the hope to implement these functions later. Which is very misleading.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:59:28 AM

any updates on the release of the Android? Lets just get it out in the basic version December 30th with iOS so I can start getting referrals. I would hate to have to pick up iPhone for this.

You'll have to wait about 6 months until the android release and the airdrop to start.

Q: When I send gems over the app , will it be shown as an individual counterparty transaction ?
reRaise

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:00:17 PM

You'll have to wait about 6 months until the android release and the airdrop to start.

Q: When I send gems over the app , will it be shown as an individual counterparty transaction ?

I think they mentioned both bitcoin and gemz transactions happen individually and since they are fixed counterparty assets then yes it is individual counterparty transaction, btw Gems is the app name and Gemz are the tokens
reRaise

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:12:47 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 03:21:38 PM by reRaise

interesting... the girls are going to love this...

i like that Roll Eyes
reRaise

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:53:49 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 05:05:59 PM by reRaise

Something very important, don't know if the gems team has thought about it.

Lets say i have never heard of crypto and use the gems app and i want to send unsolicitate messages. Where do i buy gemz in the first place? Considering the app is all about simplicity for the common user, shouldn't there be a buy gemz option in the app?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:48:41 PM

Lets say i have never heard of crypto and use the gems app and i want to send unsolicitate messages. Where do i buy gemz in the first place? Considering the app is all about simplicity for the common user, shouldn't there be a buy gemz option in the app?

As I understand, every new user can get a few GEMS via “airdrop” giveaways. The user that invited you also have GEMS so you may ask him some.

You can buy GEMS from any user with cash (or other way) exactly like Bitcoin when you trade in person.

Nowadays, there are more and more possibilities to buy Bitcoin directly with a bank card so anyone able to make a purchase on Internet can afford Bitcoins & get GEMS.

I think the starting point of GEM project was to make cryptocurrency mainstream.
reRaise

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:04:02 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 07:17:07 PM by reRaise

As I understand, every new user can get a few GEMS via “airdrop” giveaways. The user that invited you also have GEMS so you may ask him some.

You can buy GEMS from any user with cash (or other way) exactly like Bitcoin when you trade in person.

Nowadays, there are more and more possibilities to buy Bitcoin directly with a bank card so anyone able to make a purchase on Internet can afford Bitcoins & get GEMS.

I think the starting point of GEM project was to make cryptocurrency mainstream.

What if someone wants to spend more gemz than the user can afford to sell, or i don't know enough users. There should be a simple buy gems button for users who want to buy it. I hope the devs make this process easy aswell then it will be gold, i'm purely talking from a newbie standpoint who even doesn't know what bitcoin is, which the common user pretty much is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: