Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 06:13:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597140 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

From what i've understood is that the app will be out but the airdrop and attention economy model come at a later phase. What can we expect from the alpha version coming out, i know it's still early stages but what features can we expect from the first release?

The alpha version release of Gems will support instant messaging, push notifications, new user registration and login, contact directory and display the GEMZs wallet. Release server backend which supports both the cloud instant messaging and counterparty integration. (https://koinify.com/#/project/GEMZ)

We have an important update regarding the development milestones we will release in a few days.

I see, is sending Gemz and Bitcoin to the user possible with the release?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:08:33 PM

From what i've understood is that the app will be out but the airdrop and attention economy model come at a later phase. What can we expect from the alpha version coming out, i know it's still early stages but what features can we expect from the first release?

The alpha version release of Gems will support instant messaging, push notifications, new user registration and login, contact directory and display the GEMZs wallet. Release server backend which supports both the cloud instant messaging and counterparty integration. (https://koinify.com/#/project/GEMZ)

We have an important update regarding the development milestones we will release in a few days.

sending Gemz and Bitcoin is in quality assurance (QA) phase.

Second milestone: Wallet and Token system - The wallet and token system will include user activity detection, pairing of inviters and invitees, airdrop calculation and GEMZs distribution. Initial Implement of fraudulent user activity detection algorithms. Implement GEMZs transfer.

I would recommend to wait for the development update.
reRaise

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:41:27 PM

sending Gemz and Bitcoin is in quality assurance (QA) phase.

Second milestone: Wallet and Token system - The wallet and token system will include user activity detection, pairing of inviters and invitees, airdrop calculation and GEMZs distribution. Initial Implement of fraudulent user activity detection algorithms. Implement GEMZs transfer.

I would recommend to wait for the development update.

Thanks for the clarity.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:31:27 PM

French thread added to the OP - thank you superresistant, your help is much appreciated!
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:30:11 PM

Made a Dutch thread
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:36:04 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 03:56:18 PM by peled1986

added to the OP - thank you Netnox for all your help!
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:43:31 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 08:12:18 PM by peled1986

GEMS - CCN - Announcement

College Cryptocurrency Network Joins
GEMS Messaging App Revolution

GEMS (www.getgems.org)—a fresh take on social media networking that will utilize the power of the blockchain to reward people for what they’re already doing: instant messaging one another—today announced its partnership with the College Cryptocurrency Network (http://collegecrypto.org). Over 1 million students attending more than 150 universities, colleges, middle and high schools are represented by chapters of the College Cryptocurrency Network (CCN).

CCN members will be able to take advantage of crowd sale prices—plus an additional 9 percent bonus—to purchase GEMS’ token, Gemz. The success of the Gemz crowd sale has now reached over $600,000 USD in less than two weeks, showing that the time is right to support this new way of monetizing social media using peer-to-peer technology.

In exchange, CCN plans to use GEMS to spread the word about digital currency to potential new members.

According to the CCN’s executive director, Jeremy Gardner, “The College Cryptocurency Network was founded with the purpose of creating a grassroots movement for blockchain education, innovation and advocacy. We are excited to partner with a company with such a similarly aligned mission of grassroots adoption. Gems will provide an excellent gateway for young people interested in cryptocurrencies to gain access in an intuitive manner by sharing messaging with their friends.”

Learn more about the CCN at collegecrypto.org and visit Koinify.com to purchase Gemz here: https://koinify.com/#/project/GEMZ. For more information about GEMS, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, a Skype chat channel is available 24/7 by visiting the bottom of www.getgems.org and clicking on the Skype logo.

- media coverage -

granathus

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:13:56 PM

GEMS (www.getgems.org)—a fresh take on social media networking that will utilize the power of the blockchain to reward people for what they’re already doing: instant messaging one another—today announced its partnership with the College Cryptocurrency Network (http://collegecrypto.org). Over 1 million students attending more than 150 universities, colleges, middle and high schools are represented by chapters of the College Cryptocurrency Network (CCN).

CCN members will be able to take advantage of crowd sale prices—plus an additional 9 percent bonus—to purchase GEMS’ token, Gemz. The success of the Gemz crowd sale has now reached over $600,000 USD in less than two weeks, showing that the time is right to support this new way of monetizing social media using peer-to-peer technology.

In exchange, CCN plans to use GEMS to spread the word about digital currency to potential new members.

According to the CCN’s executive director, Jeremy Gardner, “The College Cryptocurency Network was founded with the purpose of creating a grassroots movement for blockchain education, innovation and advocacy. We are excited to partner with a company with such a similarly aligned mission of grassroots adoption. Gems will provide an excellent gateway for young people interested in cryptocurrencies to gain access in an intuitive manner by sharing messaging with their friends.”

Learn more about the CCN at collegecrypto.org and visit Koinify.com to purchase Gemz here: https://koinify.com/#/project/GEMZ. For more information about GEMS, Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, a Skype chat channel is available 24/7 by visiting the bottom of www.getgems.org and clicking on the Skype logo.

- media coverage -

I made a profile on CCN to see what it's all about, and to be honest this is the first time I feel that Gemz are acting completely unprofessionaly, and almost bordering on smelling like a scam company. This College Cryptocurrency network that is being portrayed as a giant thing with huge reach is upon inspection nothing more than a static and broken website, completely without content or activity. The way this post is written is clearly misleading people. I believe in the idea of Gemz, but don't try to create false hype with bullshit news like this.
collegecrypto

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:07:26 PM

I made a profile on CCN to see what it's all about, and to be honest this is the first time I feel that Gemz are acting completely unprofessionaly, and almost bordering on smelling like a scam company. This College Cryptocurrency network that is being portrayed as a giant thing with huge reach is upon inspection nothing more than a static and broken website, completely without content or activity. The way this post is written is clearly misleading people. I believe in the idea of Gemz, but don't try to create false hype with bullshit news like this.

If you are a student and registered for our website through one of our clubs 1. You probably should know that virtually none of our activity takes place online (unbelievable that there's a world outside the internet, I know). 2. Our website is very much a work in progress. We are a bootstrapped nonprofit that has exploded from three American chapters to over 150 on every habitable continent in well less than a year. Our website has been far from our top priority.

If you are not a student, 1. You committed fraud by claiming that you are and registering for our website 2. You should have entered that you are not part of a registered student organization, and we would have happily introduced you to our organization, thus not leading to the confusion that grounds your baseless accusation above.

For future context, please feel to reach out to us before making similar statements and we'll be more than thrilled to answer any questions you have. But please do not diminish the extraordinary grassroots work our students are doing around the world, on the ground, simply because you went on our website once.

Yours truly,

Jeremy Gardner
Executive Director, CCN
reRaise

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:54:56 PM

If you are a student and registered for our website through one of our clubs 1. You probably should know that virtually none of our activity takes place online (unbelievable that there's a world outside the internet, I know). 2. Our website is very much a work in progress. We are a bootstrapped nonprofit that has exploded from three American chapters to over 150 on every habitable continent in well less than a year. Our website has been far from our top priority.

If you are not a student, 1. You committed fraud by claiming that you are and registering for our website 2. You should have entered that you are not part of a registered student organization, and we would have happily introduced you to our organization, thus not leading to the confusion that grounds your baseless accusation above.

For future context, please feel to reach out to us before making similar statements and we'll be more than thrilled to answer any questions you have. But please do not diminish the extraordinary grassroots work our students are doing around the world, on the ground, simply because you went on our website once.

Yours truly,

Jeremy Gardner
Executive Director, CCN

Thanks for the explanation, Gems is one of the most professional crypto companies i have seen in a long time. Congrats on your partnership and good luck for future plans and cooperations with Gems.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 12:36:36 AM

- media coverage -

The College Cryptocurrency Network (http://collegecrypto.org) is legit and I personally know some of the uni leaders. So please do your research online before posting baseless comments.

Their FB page has more updates:
https://www.facebook.com/collegecrypto

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 07:00:47 AM

While I don't like the discounted coins at this stage as we are supposed to be in a process of price discovery this kind of partnership is pure genius. I wonder if there are other organisations and groups that are already involved in Bitcoin proliferation and education particularly with youth and students? I wonder if there are connections to be made in the third and second world too where mobile payments are common already.

Some Bitcoiners might be purists and might not like the idea of GEMS but GEMS could be a massive boost for Bitcoin so I think any organisation involved in trying to educate or promote Bitcoin use could easily be persuaded to come on board. I don't know any personally but I bet there are quite a few.

http://bitcoinist.net/dream-bitcoin-foundation-prepares-to-create-awareness-and-educate-college-students-in-ghana/

***By the way has anyone else noticed the spell check doesn't have Bitcoin in it! Is that internal to BTT or just my computer?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 02:21:24 PM

I like this Instagram like feature

Every user will be able to post his hashtag publicly over the internet (blogs, social media etc) in order for other people to be able to make a connection without having to worry about spam - this is a unique solution made possible by utilizing blockchain technology.
reRaise

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:03:00 AM

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/overstock-com-assembles-coders-build-bitcoin-like-stock-market/ - ״ confirmed from Counterparty Founders that the decentralized stock market that is being built, will be built on top of the existing Counterparty network״ - Matt-Y

This is the 'Medici' project which i've heard people talk about.

Can someone elaborate what this means for Gems?
Altcoin Agent

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:19:13 AM

I need translations of the official video in other languages. ANY language will do, but it has to be a very good translation. No Google translate or any other machine translate please.

I'll send 500 GEMS after the ICO closes to anyone who helped.

Most of all I need German right now, but any language will do.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Altcoin Agent

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:58:25 AM

Just made a Dutch version   https://vimeo.com/114536362

███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:15:44 PM

How you release this app will be crucial. You have to hit the road running, that means you have to the airdrop in place day 1. It doesn't matter if you aren't on Android but the viral affect of any product is literally the first days and weeks. If you haven't got 50,000-100,000 in about a month trust me you WONT ever reach the masses. My final dissertation touched on viral marketing.

If you sell this app on controlling advertising you WILL FAIL, no one cares fucking forget saying this attention economy shit. You MUST sell this app on the curiosity about Bitcoin and making money like in the early days of Bitcoin. A cute easy Bitcoin app that makes people rich is the angle. Have some early stories of people who have made money on Gems and hope the price to soar as more come onboard. Greed sent Bitcoin viral, stories of people looking for old HDD that would make them rich etc, you have to make this Bitcoin 2 the Cute and easy return of. Plus the idea of kids and women sending wealth to each other as easy as a text. But miss the wealth effect out and this fails. I know what I'm talking about. Trust me. Good luck.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
kerneloops

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:36:01 PM

Gems integrating Telegram: https://coinfire.cf/2014/12/15/gems-integrates-telegram-open-source/
Altcoin Agent

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:37:14 PM

<SNIP>
 Have some early stories of people who have made money on Gems and hope the price to soar as more come onboard. Greed sent Bitcoin viral, stories of people looking for old HDD that would make them rich etc, <SNIP>

That's actually a very good idea. Maybe my story can be first ; how making a video for Gems paid for my house Smiley ( fingers crossed! )

Also, I've had a few offers to translate the first video ( the one in the OP of this thread. ) Please keep them coming. I'll pay 500 gems for quality translations.

More info here

███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:59:10 PM

<SNIP>
 Have some early stories of people who have made money on Gems and hope the price to soar as more come onboard. Greed sent Bitcoin viral, stories of people looking for old HDD that would make them rich etc, <SNIP>

That's actually a very good idea. Maybe my story can be first ; how making a video for Gems paid for my house Smiley ( fingers crossed! )

Also, I've had a few offers to translate the first video ( the one in the OP of this thread. ) Please keep them coming. I'll pay 500 gems for quality translations.

More info here

You paying 500 gems for a video translation might become the new 10,000 BTC Pizza story!!!

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: