Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
rememberme

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 08:54:13 AM

1. iOS basic release (50% fund release, or min 750 BTC)
The beta release of Gems will support instant messaging, push notifications, new user registration and login, contact directory and display the GEMZs wallet. Release server backend which supports both the cloud instant messaging and counterparty integration.

Holy. Fuck.

So the whole INTERESTING and MOST IMPORTANT aspect of Gemz (the airdrop algorithm, the trust score regulation and threshold levels, and how these will interact with Counterparty to distribute Gemz across the network) isn't even REQUIRED for the devs to cash 750 BTC?

The app they are releasing will be a basic shell messaging app with some fancy Gemz designs and your own wallet that doesn't do anything. THIS is the most trivial part of the whole project and they get 750 BTC!?

And people say im trolling, lmao. Neuro, check SendChat and compare thats what ive been doing.

SMH.

Bitcoin and Crypto Mining Rigs https://www.minerigs.shop
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:01:15 AM

The beta release of Gems will support instant messaging, push notifications, new user registration and login, contact directory and display the GEMZs wallet. Release server backend which supports both the cloud instant messaging and counterparty integration.

Holy. Fuck.

So the whole INTERESTING and MOST IMPORTANT aspect of Gemz (the airdrop algorithm, the trust score regulation and threshold levels, and how these will interact with Counterparty to distribute Gemz across the network) isn't even REQUIRED for the devs to cash 750 BTC?

The app they are releasing will be a basic shell messaging app with some fancy Gemz designs and your own wallet that doesn't do anything. THIS is the most trivial part of the whole project and they get 750 BTC!?

And people say im trolling, lmao. Neuro, check SendChat and compare thats what ive been doing.

SMH.

Lets just say you are right, which you are obviously not then by what logic are you criticizing one messenger payment product and at the same time promoting another messenger payment product? You don't think they will be also doing an ICO and getting BTC off people?

Sorry your strange position nullifies any points you might have.....best go home now.

neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:04:20 AM

Holy. Fuck.

SMH.

This is beyond ridiculous. And I made an edit to the post you quoted that stated how this instantly discredits Koinify and their ability to create the most basic, reasonable checkpoints.

You allow a project team HALF their crowdfunded money for an arbitrary checkpoint that shows zero progress into the actual meat of the project? I would sue the shit out of Koinify in Gems dev team runs off with 750 BTC. Actually, I wouldn't even have invested in the first place.

But my god... this is the most irresponsible project crowdfunding management I've ever seen. Do all the people that wrote articles hyping Gems just completely ignore how much is actually finished and how the milestones are laid out? This is irresponsible even if Gems turns out not to be a scam.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
rememberme

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 09:06:30 AM

Holy. Fuck.

SMH.

Lets just say you are right, which you are obviously not then by what logic are you criticizing one messenger payment product and at the same time promoting another messenger payment product? You don't think they will be also doing an ICO and getting BTC off people?

Sorry your strange position nullifies any points you might have.....best go home now.

^ im not promoting anyone, i am interested in these projects as they have a general common idea. However, comparing both and coming up with my own conclusions is something normal to do. Just because you may be invested in Gems already does not mean you should ignore any OBVIOUS red flags and re-consider your decisions, unless you are too blind to see that.

clown.scar

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:06:43 AM

100% IPO, no POW?  When launch?  If POW, what algo? Embarrassed
rememberme

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 09:08:07 AM

Holy. Fuck.

SMH.

This is beyond ridiculous. And I made an edit to the post you quoted that stated how this instantly discredits Koinify and their ability to create the most basic, reasonable checkpoints.

You allow a project team HALF their crowdfunded money for an arbitrary checkpoint that shows zero progress into the actual meat of the project? I would sue the shit out of Koinify in Gems dev team runs off with 750 BTC. Actually, I wouldn't even have invested in the first place.

But my god... this is the most irresponsible project crowdfunding management I've ever seen.

+1 it is very irresponsible.

neuroMode

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:33:12 AM

Holy. Fuck.

SMH.

But my god... this is the most irresponsible project crowdfunding management I've ever seen.

If I was Koinify, I would be prepare for people taking legal action when Gems devs have zero incentive to work on Gems after they receive FUCKING 750 BTC FOR A SHELL iPHONE APP. And I'd be prepared for some pissed of VCs coming at you for such horrendous mismanagement of your first crowdfunded project.

Ultimately it's on the investors who saw the project timeline and still decided to back the project, but that doesn't mean their anger isn't going to be directed at Koinify for such stupidity in hindsight. 50% of the bitcoins for 5% of the work... yeah that's smart. We're talking about $250,000 minimum for a fucking iPhone app that sends messages and has literally NOTHING integrated with any Gemz infrastructure.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:46:55 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 10:42:49 AM by peled1986

Holy. Fuck.

SMH.

If I was Koinify, I would be prepare for people taking legal action when Gems devs have zero incentive to work on Gems after they receive FUCKING 750 BTC FOR A SHELL iPHONE APP. And I'd be prepared for some pissed of VCs coming at you for such horrendous mismanagement of your first crowdfunded project.

Ultimately it's on the investors who saw the project timeline and still decided to back the project, but that doesn't mean their anger isn't going to be directed at Koinify for such stupidity in hindsight. 50% of the bitcoins for 5% of the work... yeah that's smart. We're talking about $250,000 minimum for a fucking iPhone app that sends messages and has literally NOTHING integrated with any Gemz infrastructure.

neuroMode, we can understand your initial reaction from your knowledge and experience from current state of the altcoin market (many scams etc).

Most ICO's have very low accountability towards the buyers and the buyers have very little ability to conduct a due diligence. We are taking the exact opposite route with Gems token sale. As an exmaple, Dario Mutabdzija (Koinify co-founder) visited Israel as part of Koinify's long due diligence on Gems.

Tom Ding (Koinify CEO) expressed  "The problem is the signal-to-noise ratio is really high". "There are too many noises and it becomes really hard for people who want to invest or purchase good, high-quality projects, tokens, to differentiate a good from a bad one."

coindesk article: http://www.coindesk.com/koinify-melotic-plan-bring-order-crypto-crowdsales/ describes well this problem that Koinify is trying to solve.

Koinify is raising the quality and accountability of crypto crowdfunding: (i) True Multi-Sig Wallet (ii) Milestone Based Fund Release (iii) project arbitrator (iv) exchange partners (v) Due Diligence.

We have been very transparent at every stage of the project: being public with our identities, having an unmoderated bitcointalk thread, the AMA on Reddit, podcast interviews, google hangout and more. We want to build a community around Gems and the only way to do that is to be as open and transparent with our users regarding Gems product and Gems short and long term vision.

Please let us know what other crypto crowdfund has taken the measures we have.

(p.s, kickstarter the most successful crowdfund platform with $1,448,395,609 dollars pledged to Kickstarter projects provide much less accountability to buyers regarding project success than Koinify. Koinify does a more in-depth due diligence process and has control over significant amount of the funds)

(p.s.s, we agree that Koinify can potentially increase the limitation regarding the funds release by adding more development milestones, but this approach has disadvantages also, it effects the ability of the project founders to make longer term financial decisions (recruiting developers etc) and will slow down the development process. It will also add more ongoing work for Koinify regarding not only "new" project but maintaining the "old" ones. We think the current approach of 3-4 milestones is the right balance as long as you conduct a good due-diligence on the project founders (very similar to VC and startups) but in the end its Koinify business decision to make).
neuroMode

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:28:15 PM

Holy. Fuck.

SMH.

neuroMode, we can understand your initial reaction from your knowledge and experience from current state of the altcoin market (many scams etc).

Most ICO's have very low accountability towards the buyers and the buyers have very little ability to conduct a due diligence. We are taking the exact opposite route with Gems token sale. As an exmaple, Dario Mutabdzija (Koinify co-founder) visited Israel as part of Koinify's long due diligence on Gems.

Tom Ding (Koinify CEO) expressed  "The problem is the signal-to-noise ratio is really high". "There are too many noises and it becomes really hard for people who want to invest or purchase good, high-quality projects, tokens, to differentiate a good from a bad one."

coindesk article: http://www.coindesk.com/koinify-melotic-plan-bring-order-crypto-crowdsales/ describes well this problem that Koinify is trying to solve.

Koinify is raising the quality and accountability of crypto crowdfunding: (i) True Multi-Sig Wallet (ii) Milestone Based Fund Release (iii) project arbitrator (iv) exchange partners (v) Due Diligence.

We have been very transparent at every stage of the project: being public with our identities, having an unmoderated bitcointalk thread, the AMA on Reddit, podcast interviews, google hangout and more. We want to build a community around Gems and the only way to do that is to be as open and transparent with our users regarding Gems product and Gems short and long term vision.

(p.s, kickstarter the most successful crowdfund platform with $1,448,395,609 dollars pledged to Kickstarter projects provide much less accountability to buyers regarding project success than Koinify. Koinify does a more in-depth due diligence process and has control over significant amount of the funds)

(p.s.s, we agree that Koinify can potentially increase the limitation regarding the funds release by adding more development milestones, but this approach has disadvantages also, it effects the ability of the project founders to make longer term financial decisions (recruiting developers etc) and will slow down the development process. It will also add more ongoing work for Koinify regarding not only "new" project but maintaining the "old" ones. We think the current approach of 3-4 milestones is the right balance as long as you conduct a good due-diligence on the project founders (very similar to VC and startups) but in the end its Koinify business decision to make).

It doesn't matter how public you guys are, it all comes down to how much of the raised money you give the project team for completing the first task relative to how much work/progress that first task actually entailed.

You are giving Gems hundreds of thousands of dollars for releasing a prototype messenger app that contains zero functionality with respect to the actual Gems network. The actual Gems network and all its intricacies of how it'll actually work and communicate with the app do not exist yet because the money from the first checkpoint will be used to create it. There is something seriously, seriously wrong with this scenario.

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:36:55 PM

Neuromode you are putting a very bad name on Myriad coming here attacking the good name of businesses for what, because it's getting attention, because an honest/transparent and active dev team, because of doing due diligence, because of bringing out a revolutionary concept, because of getting paid on a milestone basis and you are attacking that they are getting 750 BTC? They have been working on this since March. Why don't you go play Crypto police on REAL scams happening? How low can you go.

Second milestone comes with more features including airdrop.

Wait for it and you will be updated instead of trolling.
rememberme

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 12:40:58 PM

Apply cold water to burnt areas, he is not "attacking" he is stating the facts.

peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:50:29 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 01:28:55 PM by peled1986

A lot of neuroMode "facts" were wrong. He is just starting to learn about Gems and Koinify which is ok.
(until 4 hours ago he thought that the Gems sale began on November 21 (two months ago) on Koinify and that maybe "the same people who raised money for Koinify are now creating Gemz as their first Koinify project")
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:50:36 PM

Sendchat sockpuppet mad, a Myriad supporter with awful excuses. Luckily this project is mostly aiming people outside the crypto in a non technical way so your incoherent comments has zero effect. You guys should get a life really.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:58:51 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 01:34:03 PM by peled1986

Holy. Fuck.

SMH.

It doesn't matter how public you guys are, it all comes down to how much of the raised money you give the project team for completing the first task relative to how much work/progress that first task actually entailed.

You are giving Gems hundreds of thousands of dollars for releasing a prototype messenger app that contains zero functionality with respect to the actual Gems network. The actual Gems network and all its intricacies of how it'll actually work and communicate with the app do not exist yet because the money from the first checkpoint will be used to create it. There is something seriously, seriously wrong with this scenario.

we will have to agree to disagree.

being public, transparent, known in the community, proof of development (alpha version), Multi-Sig Wallet, Milestone Based Fund Release, project arbitrator, due diligence from Koinify - all these factors matter very much.

Success isn't guaranteed as with any startup but with the factors above the community has better tools to make an informed decision.
we all know projects that raised more btc under much less scrutiny.

Like I mentioned above accountability and balance in the development milestones are important, but even more important is the project goal and who is the team behind the project.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:08:56 PM

You can sell dog turd ethically IF everyone one involves knows they are buying Dog turd. What you need to do is convince someone here that what GEMS is doing will actually make anyone not invest. The plan changed a bit to use Telegram so sure I guess that wont take as much work but honestly I don't think anyone is investing based on how much the development team deserve or not and IF it helps the goal of a successful product who cares There is nothing 'fair' in crypto, should anyone earn thousands of dollars playing around on a computer while someone toils in a third world country for a few dollars, probably not. Does the makers of SnapChat deserve billions of dollars for making a computer science project? Fairness is for Obama supporters and Communists. The bottom line is they are investing because they think that its a decent long term bet, GEMS can't make anyone give money. Have some actual wrong doings or please give up.

Anyway IF you think its soooo easy to do what they are doing why don't you set up your own project?

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 01:32:04 PM

@ Taunshew

It's just an update, an extra feature which is pretty cool on the already innovative app. Gems own features will stay as it is and it will stay an app build on top of Bitcoin empowered by Counterparty. Telegram intergration just makes it even more versatile so even better than it is. Also besides that i makes it possible for both iOS and Android to be released at the same date, because Android was planned for a later date, by doing this the airdrop will be available for both operating systems at the same time why are you jealous. The code is build from scratch, adding extra features on top of it like this one is great. Your trust rating and post history shows you are wandering in this forum just to talk nonsense. You should just be ignored.

When it's built on top of Telegram then it's not built from scratch as it was originally said it would be. After a few good questions and clear answers from the Gems team I was happy that you all were transparent, but now the team has switched everything AFTER they have received the 3000+ BTC.

All trust is now gone.

I don't see a problem with the GEMS team leveraging on a well built secure messaging platform like Telegram.
ref : https://core.telegram.org/api/end-to-end/pfs

In this case, the milestone for launching the iOS and Android app can now be completed much earlier.

Alex_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 01:37:29 PM

@ Taunshew

It's just an update, an extra feature which is pretty cool on the already innovative app. Gems own features will stay as it is and it will stay an app build on top of Bitcoin empowered by Counterparty. Telegram intergration just makes it even more versatile so even better than it is. Also besides that i makes it possible for both iOS and Android to be released at the same date, because Android was planned for a later date, by doing this the airdrop will be available for both operating systems at the same time why are you jealous. The code is build from scratch, adding extra features on top of it like this one is great. Your trust rating and post history shows you are wandering in this forum just to talk nonsense. You should just be ignored.

When it's built on top of Telegram then it's not built from scratch as it was originally said it would be. After a few good questions and clear answers from the Gems team I was happy that you all were transparent, but now the team has switched everything AFTER they have received the 3000+ BTC.

All trust is now gone.

I don't see a problem with the GEMS team leveraging on a well built secure messaging platform like Telegram.

In fact, we have over 190 members in our Malaysia Telegram group and over 90 on the Thailand group.
In this case, the milestone for launching the iOS and Android app can now be completed much earlier.

Yes exactly I am always thinking people are so silly. I hope Gems raises $1 million because every $1 they raise give the project more chances to succeed. They dont need a new type of app, plus wallets, plus ads, plus.....  Use a proven model like Telegram and build on it! Make it unique and people get paid from it! I want the $1 million to go into marketing and getting the app to millions of people. I want blockchain bloat to be caused from Gems because they are 50000 downloads per day. These are the problems bitcoin needs.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:05:45 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 02:20:23 PM by Netnox

@ Taunshew

All trust is now gone.

In fact, we have over 190 members in our Malaysia Telegram group and over 90 on the Thailand group.

Yes exactly I am always thinking people are so silly. I hope Gems raises $1 million because every $1 they raise give the project more chances to succeed. They dont need a new type of app, plus wallets, plus ads, plus.....  Use a proven model like Telegram and build on it! Make it unique and people get paid from it! I want the $1 million to go into marketing and getting the app to millions of people. I want blockchain bloat to be caused from Gems because they are 50000 downloads per day. These are the problems bitcoin needs.

I want Gems to be the first Crypto project to have more users than Bitcoin, since it's consumer friendly it is possible. Marketing is important indeed.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:26:53 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 02:37:32 PM by superresistant

Where were you when these project started receiving millions of dollars without any prototype and getting the money straight in the pocket ??

Ethereum
MaidSafe
Storj

I can't see you anywhere except on this kind of pump&dump scams :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=97048;sa=showPosts;start=1300
Newsflash: You can't kill a cryptocurrency. Especially the gay fish kind.

Aren't you just trolling ?
You are actually quite funny.

EDIT : If you're not trolling, I know what you mean. Investors aren't 100% sure to make any profit or even get back their money if it's a very smart scam but we are aware of the risk and you are not helping anyone at this stage. You are way too late and there are plenty of obvious scams on this forum.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

Am I right in saying that now we are using Telegram we will have all the features that Telegram has like Document and photo sharing etc?

I was concerned the app was so bare bones.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: